Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,802 members, 7,798,712 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) (29111 Views)

South Koreans Become Younger Under New Age-counting Law / South Koreans Become Younger Overnight After Country Scraps ‘Korean Age’ / Trump Announces 'historic Peace Agreement' Between Israel, UAE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:09pm On Apr 28, 2018
Usually when South Koreans see Kim Jong-Un's face plastered on news billboards it fills them with the dread a potentially devastating war.

But on Friday the unthinkable happened the two Koreas pledged to end more than 60 years of hostility and de-nuclearise the peninsula.

Suddenly ordinary Koreans who grew up knowing nothing but tension from the north were cautiously optimistic about a peaceful future.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5668523/South-Koreans-cheer-historic-agreement-Kim-Jong-Un.html

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) by profmsboi(m): 5:10pm On Apr 28, 2018
smiley
Re: South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:11pm On Apr 28, 2018
Kim Jong-un shakes hands with South Korean President Moon Jae-in on the border between the two Koreas in the truce village of Panmunjom in the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ)

A South Korean guard straddles the demarcation line: the right half of the tableis in North Korea.

President Donald Trump says he won't be played like his predecessors when it comes toNorth Korea.

'This isn't like past administrations.

We don't play games,' Trump said.

15 Likes

Re: South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:13pm On Apr 28, 2018
People crowded around TVs and rushed to grab newspapers to take in the extraordinary news that took the world by surprise.

Others packed city squares and cheered as the agreement was announced.

'In theory, we have an armistice but the atmosphere... is actually quite frightening when there's nuclear tests and missile launches,' Jang Gyu-won, 23, told CNN.

The deal also paved the way for families separated by the split up of Korea to be reunited, and for citizens to freely travel between the two countries.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) by coolcharm(m): 5:15pm On Apr 28, 2018
Kudos to the leaders of North and South Korea. The world needs peace... And lots of it!

Yet, Buhari doesn't want to leave us alone to have that peace.

We will send him to West Germany come 2019... So that he can be Testing the Microphone when he wants to address their lazy Youths.

He is travelling on tax payers money to USA to go and shoot another missile home from there.

100 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:16pm On Apr 28, 2018
Students at a Seoul high school clap while watching a live broadcast of the summit at the truce village of Panmunjom.

South Korean people watch news of the agreement while waiting at a Seoul train station.

Thousands of South Korean Buddhists have a prayer service wishing for a successful Inter-Korean Summit and peace for the country

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:17pm On Apr 28, 2018
South Koreans watch a telecast of the two leaders giving a joint press conference at the summit.

North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un greets South Korean President Moon Jae-in as the summit begins on Friday.

Moon Jae-in and Kim Jong-un crack open a chocolate dome cake during a welcome dinner at the Peace House

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) by DrPurple(m): 5:21pm On Apr 28, 2018
Nice One... cheesycheesycheesy

#Purple

1 Like

Re: South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) by Evablizin(f): 5:24pm On Apr 28, 2018
cool

Peace is precious. If there is peace,there will be no conflict vice versa,meaning that peace is inversely propotional to conflict.

So happy for them.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) by Tocheagle(m): 5:44pm On Apr 28, 2018
I pray this Peace lasts, i hope its not one of those endtimes peace in the Bible that will happen before a super war breaks out . My opinion though

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) by Goahead(m): 6:16pm On Apr 28, 2018
Kim is a great leader - he succumbed to a shameful end to have a future for his country, unlike the old punk we have in Abuja.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) by daveP(m): 6:51pm On Apr 28, 2018
Hope this won't be used when we Nigerians are Tryna uphold the cause of the north and South going their separate ways?

I stand with Trump's view. Only time will tell.

3 Likes

Re: South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) by Narldon: 8:08pm On Apr 28, 2018

Finally Korea is United...

2 Likes

Re: South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) by Dembabayusuf728: 8:08pm On Apr 28, 2018
Hh

Re: South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) by Kingdolo(m): 8:09pm On Apr 28, 2018
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) by ezera(m): 8:10pm On Apr 28, 2018
Buhari OUT!!!!
Re: South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 28, 2018
Peace Agreement my Foot. Kim is a nonchalant person, he claims to be tough & superior. Watch the way he plays them. In months time, e go ring for una ear. North Korea? Hmmm.

2 Likes

Re: South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 28, 2018
north Koreans should be the ones celebrating

1 Like

Re: South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) by kolawoleibukun: 8:11pm On Apr 28, 2018
g
Re: South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) by Troublemaker007(m): 8:12pm On Apr 28, 2018
Goahead:
Kim is a great leader - he succumbed to a shameful end to have a future for his country, unlike the old punk we have in Abuja.

5 Likes

Re: South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) by ottohan: 8:13pm On Apr 28, 2018
I dont think the Deep States will want any reunification of any sorts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) by ipobarecriminals: 8:13pm On Apr 28, 2018
Thank U Jesus.Ipob yweet shudder embrace peace not threatened us with ogbunikw3 what they Kal Dat Dane gun.
Re: South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) by chuksanambra: 8:14pm On Apr 28, 2018
Tocheagle:
I pray this Peace lasts, i hope its not one of those endtimes peace in the Bible that will happen before a super war breaks out . My opinion though

Lol
Which end times?

Orisajefo bought a jet in 2013, Abel Damina bought his in 2014, Adeboye bought a new Jet in 2016, Jeremiah Fufeyin bought in 2018 and you're all waiting for end times.

Keep waiting for end times signs, your Pastors know better.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 28, 2018
There's no good thing like peace. I love to have it but I enjoy war too. grin
Re: South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) by troublemakea(m): 8:14pm On Apr 28, 2018
they said we should not believe anything online

but me i know it all photoshoped nothing happened. but well I'll just continue reading

Re: South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) by Twure: 8:14pm On Apr 28, 2018
DrPurple:
Nice One... cheesycheesycheesy

#Purple
Re: South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 28, 2018
Next will be unity of Israel and Palestine, then the entire world will be united and the masses will clamor for cancellation of VISAs programs and the masses will rise against all of their country's government.

Then the New World Order.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) by miqos02(m): 8:16pm On Apr 28, 2018
Explorers:
Usually when South Koreans see Kim Jong-Un's face plastered on news billboards it fills them with the dread a potentially devastating war.

what caused the war in te first place?
Re: South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) by fuckpro: 8:17pm On Apr 28, 2018
...developers oyah start applying for visas food don done
Re: South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) by keypad1: 8:17pm On Apr 28, 2018
trump u r d best....click like for trump

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Koreans Cheer In City Square To Celebrate The Peace Agreement(Photos) by chuksanambra: 8:17pm On Apr 28, 2018
Solstar:
Next will be unity of Israel and Palestine, then the entire world will be united and the masses will clamor for cancellation of VISAs programs and the masses will rise against all of their country's government.

Then the New World Order.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership / Celebration, Fireworks As Australia Welcomes 2022 (Photos) / Abdallah Morsi Is Dead! Ex President Mohamed Morsi's Son Dies Of Heart Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.