Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:13 PM

Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. (55489 Views)

50% Of Nigerians Seeking Asylum In Belgium Are From Edo, Lagos’ / How Desperate Nigerians Seeking Asylum, Usually Lie To America & Other Countries / Nigerian Illegal Immigrants Insisting On Trekking Into Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. by LordAdam16: 2:20pm On Apr 29, 2018
hilroy:

So you think because Canada is more liberal, they should just throw their borders open for any illegal immigrant in US. Just to enlighten your ignorant suggestion, Canada population is mere 36 million compare to US that is over 325 million. Influx of illegal immigrants from US will significantly affect the welfare system and economic plan of the country.

For the quoted above, after September 11, you need a visa to enter Canada from US and vice versa unless you have a Canadian international passport or US passport. Even a permanent resident in Canada needs a visa to enter US and same applies to US permanent resident.
Just so you know. Canada and US are 2 separate countries

ITK!

Nobody forced Trudeau to post a #WelcomeToCanada tweet in Q1 last year encouraging immigration to Canada as an ill-advised retort to Trump's travel ban.

Trudeau and Canadian libs have been giving off this we're better than US aura in relation to immigration, so they should keep shut, turn it down on the hypocrisy, and accept the so-called "illegal immigrants," because Trump is also only after "illegal immigrants."

By the way, everyone and their meemaw knows US and Canada are different. But the US has one of the most stringent security checks on the planet, so theoretically anyone that gets through it, should be able to get through CA's checks. If you can't comprehend, don't reply me. I have zero tolerance for st*pidity!

-Lord

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. by Okoroawusa: 2:23pm On Apr 29, 2018
Abbeybailey:
Believe me, I am in my 40s and spend over 90% of my life in US. Ask any Nigerian American living in US how he or she feels about Trampy and get back to me. We know the guy doesn't care for people that looks like you and i. Case closed.
90% of your 40 year life in US and you say you re Nigerian?

You sabi speak "broken"?

If u fluently speak pidgin then small Nigeria remain inside you

If not

bros,you be American

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. by Abbeybailey(m): 2:28pm On Apr 29, 2018
Okoroawusa:

90% of your 40 year life in US and you say you re Nigerian?

You sabi speak "broken"?

If u fluently speak pidgin then small Nigeria remain inside you

If not

bros,you be American
Yes I am both because I am very used to Nigeria. In fact just left Nigeria about a month ago after 7 days visiting my parents. Was there in Dec for Xmas too and will be stopping in Lagos in August after my gigs in South Africa. Am I Nigerian enough. I even have a place in Ikeja around Toyin Avenue not far from Chief MKO Abiola house.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. by Okoroawusa: 2:29pm On Apr 29, 2018
Abbeybailey:
Yes I am both because I am very used to Nigeria. In fact just left Nigeria about a month ago after 7 days visiting my parents. Was there in Dec for Xmas too and will be stopping in Lagos in August after my gigs in South Africa. Am I Nigerian enough. I even have a place in Ikeja around Toyin Avenue not far from Chief MKO Abiola house.
Now you're talking!

se Yoruba ni e?

iwu onye Igbo?
Re: Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 29, 2018
eebraa:
I expect to see Northern Christians from Borno and Adamawa states with names like Mshelia,Msheliza,Balami,Zoaka etc and Muslims in same region with names like Abba kyari,Bulami,Bukar Mandara,Maina,Bantam etc as names of those seeking asylum from Boko Haram.Not Chukwuma who lived all his life in Owerri and Lagos and has never been to the middle belt talk more of core north.Some are even seeking asylum based on sexual orientation.SCAM!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. by Abbeybailey(m): 2:32pm On Apr 29, 2018
Okoroawusa:

Now you're talking?

se Yoruba ni e?

iwu onye Igbo?
Yoruba of course and i speak the language very fluently and so are my siblings. The funny thing is that i was born in Lagos by American parents while my other siblings were born in Chitown. Forget to add, Omo Yoruba ni no. Omo Ologunkutere and great grandson of Eleko of Eko, Oba Olusi.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. by Okoroawusa: 2:35pm On Apr 29, 2018
Abbeybailey:
Yoruba of course and i speak the language very fluently and so are my siblings. The funny thing is that i was born in Lagos by American parents while my other siblings were born in Chitown.
American parents?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. by Abbeybailey(m): 2:37pm On Apr 29, 2018
Okoroawusa:

American parents?
Nigeria American as in naturalization.
Re: Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. by abbey621(m): 2:38pm On Apr 29, 2018
“Instead of Trump throwing us back to Nigeria, we appreciate Canada right now for accepting people,” said one Nigerian man who walked into Quebec in March.

There are a least 1 million Nigerians in the USA without proper papers and most times law enforcement/immigration does not even have time for them, immigration/ICE is focused more on Hispanics and those from Mexico. A sharp Nigerian would have found someone to marry and get his or her papers, it only takes 6 to 8 months and costs between 7k to 15k dollars minus official fees. Let nobody use Trump as an excuse, Nigerians have been coming into the USA and overstaying illegally for years and it will continue as long as our country remains a s**thole!

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. by mmsen: 2:44pm On Apr 29, 2018
Bede2u:
so? Should they rather wait to be deported back to Nigeria so that u can find it easier to get u.s visas. Aboki rulers have turned Nigeria into a nonsense place from 1969 till date. Best thing for liberal minded southerners is to move move move...no matter the cost

Aboki rulers have been able to get away with it because of the stupidity, pettiness and cowardice of southerners.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. by GrammarCheck: 2:45pm On Apr 29, 2018
abbey621:

There are a least 1 million Nigerians in the USA without proper papers and most times law enforcement/immigration does not even have time for them, immigration/ICE is focused more on Hispanics and those from Mexico. A sharp Nigerian would have found someone to marry and get his or her papers, it only takes 6 to 8 months and costs between 7k to 15k dollars minus official fees. Let nobody use Trump as an excuse, Nigerians have been coming into the USA and overstaying illegally for years and it will continue as long as our country remains a s**thole!

I wonder o!

Please how many Nigerian have been deported from Yankee sef?
Like u said, immigration doesn't have time for them. Nigerians are the least of their problems. We don't commit crime. All we want to do is house girl/houseboy aka caregiver in peace. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. by mmsen: 2:45pm On Apr 29, 2018
abbey621:

Where did you pull your figure of 1 million from?

Why do Nigerians think that their problems are going to be solved by somebody else?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. by Okoroawusa: 2:46pm On Apr 29, 2018
Abbeybailey:
Nigeria American as in naturalization.
ok

then you r brother!

hahahaha!

P.S.will you marry a Nigerian girl?
Re: Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. by Abbeybailey(m): 2:47pm On Apr 29, 2018
abbey621:

Have always wondered how many Nigerians are living in US illegally ?. I know we have over 200.000 Nigerians in Chicagoland and a sizeable number of them are undocumented some of whom I know personally. I always tell them to go and get married to obtain their papers because the bigot in the WH won't mind to send them back to Nigeria if they ever get caught. Plus who wants to live in a country with fear of getting caught and deported.
Re: Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. by Abbeybailey(m): 2:48pm On Apr 29, 2018
Okoroawusa:

ok

then you r brother!

hahahaha!

P.S.will you marry a Nigerian girl?
Funny enough, I am a married man with Four Children. Wish I could be like some of my tribe folks with multiple wives. Lol. One woman is enough for me.
Re: Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. by mmsen: 2:50pm On Apr 29, 2018
Abbeybailey:
Have always wondered how many Nigerians are living in US illegally ?. I know we have over 200.000 Nigerians in Chicagoland and a sizeable number of them are undocumented some of whom I know personally. I always tell them to go and get married to obtain their papers because the bigot in the WH won't mind to send them back to Nigeria if they ever get caught. Plus who wants to live in a country with fear of getting caught and deported.

Where did you get 200,000 Nigerians from?

The population of Chicago is about 3 million.

You are claiming that almost 7% the Chicago area population is Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. by hilroy: 2:51pm On Apr 29, 2018
LordAdam16:

ITK!

Nobody forced Trudeau to post a #WelcomeToCanada tweet in Q1 last year encouraging immigration to Canada as an ill-advised retort to Trump's travel ban.

Trudeau and Canadian libs have been giving off this we're better than US aura in relation to immigration, so they should keep shut, turn it down on the hypocrisy, and accept the so-called "illegal immigrants," because Trump is also only after "illegal immigrants."

By the way, everyone and their meemaw knows US and Canada are different. But the US has one of the most stringent security checks on the planet, so theoretically anyone that gets through it, should be able to get through CA's checks. If you can't comprehend, don't reply me. I have zero tolerance for st*pidity!

-Lord

I will accord you benefit of doubt that you're knowledgeable enough to know that having US visiting visa and getting screened by the so called stringent security checks guarantee you absolute no entry into Canada.
If you have a visiting visa to Canada and decide to seek asylum base on socio-political situation in your country, Canada is more than welcoming to hear your story, or if you are in a warring region and you are seeking refuge in Canada, Canada is willing to look at your case and grant you stay if they deem fit. That's what Trudeau implies with his #welcometocanada tweet smartypants.
Just to summarise everything for you again smarty, if US gives anyone visiting visa, they should be responsible for them. And having US visa gives you zero access to Canada. Canada is an entire separate country from US. Canada is highly welcoming to new immigrants if you deal with Canada directly.

I hope I have given you enough benefit of doubt.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. by CDCEO001: 2:54pm On Apr 29, 2018
In fact, every Nigerian should seek asylum any where they want. This country has been reduced from 9ja to 1ja.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. by Abbeybailey(m): 2:55pm On Apr 29, 2018
mmsen:

I say chicagoland which encompasses Chicago and her various suburbs which comes to about 9 million people. Most of them are Nigerian Americans though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. by Abbeybailey(m): 2:56pm On Apr 29, 2018
mmsen:

I say chicagoland which encompasses Chicago and her various suburbs which comes to about 9 million people. Most of them are Nigerian Americans though. Chicagoland means Chicago and all the suburbs around Chicago. I live in a town called Oak Park which is outside of Chicago. Hope you get my gist.
Re: Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. by happy200(m): 2:56pm On Apr 29, 2018
Na Buhari don go report them to Triump. I knew it
Re: Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 29, 2018
victrick105:
years ago... we were doing fine, other African countries envied us, we were regarded as the backbone of Africa, her pride and her hope for civilization... but today, here we are, tribalism, hatred, resentment,corruption,greed has ruined our great nation, everybody is running away, the youth kill themselves for politicians who don't give a Bleep about them...if, only death was not a sin, then I would have ended the miserable lives of those politicians, starting from the president to the Senate... they have ruined Nigeria

Oh shut it! We were never doing fine. You have no idea what that phrase means. Doing fine by shiiithole standard? Or by first world standard? Even when Naira was 199# it was stil shiit.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. by Bhol28: 2:59pm On Apr 29, 2018
As if US visa is that easy to get presently.
Re: Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. by Opentokwowledge: 2:59pm On Apr 29, 2018
All these asylum claimants sef can lie oh. They want to be getting salary for free...The woman claiming "they kidnap", how much she get for dem to kidnap am, who she be? Let them send all of them wey no get permit back! Lazy thieves!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. by Okoroawusa: 3:00pm On Apr 29, 2018
Abbeybailey:
Funny enough, I am a married man with Four Children. Wish I could be like some of my tribe folks with multiple wives. Lol. One woman is enough for me.
Talking with you have been refreshing and educative.Devoid of name calling and ethnic brouhaha that besickens Nairaland.

Am Igbo by the way

Take care!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 29, 2018
rusher14:
The effect of this is that US visitor visas would be more difficult to get.
lol,US no care oo. Do you know what it means to start refusing visa? Who would do all the odd jobs for Yankee na? Forget what trumps said about Nigeria. It doesn't make any difference because more people enter US from Nigeria everyday than they did during Obama era due to their flexibility in granting visitor visa nowadays . I think it serves Canada right as they're the strictest country in the world when it comes to visitor visa issuance and that doesn't make them any better than countries who open their doors to asylum seekers like Germany. Crime rate, despite their strictness in welcoming people into their country and the rate of unemployment of the professionals who entered Canada legit via their citizenship and immigration or express entry programmes are alarming. I think it's high time UK and Canada reviewed their Immigration laws to favour third world countries who are willing to work and live legitimately in their countries. Amazingly, the western countries except US have the largest percentage of aging population. I wonder which people would sustain their economy by the time the old guys are all gone.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 29, 2018
welcome to the modern slave trade where the traffickers are the slaves.
this is the primary reason africa remains under developed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. by mmsen: 3:03pm On Apr 29, 2018
Abbeybailey:
I say chicagoland which encompasses Chicago and her various suburbs which comes to about 9 million people. Most of them are Nigerian Americans though.

200,000 is still a gross over-exaggeration. There probably aren't up to 100,000 Nigerians/Nigerian-Americans in Illinois. You might feel that there are more because of your social circle but there aren't, official numbers put the total number of Nigerians in America at less than 500k (it's actually quite a bit less).

And I know the Oak Park/River Forest area very well.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. by Okoroawusa: 3:04pm On Apr 29, 2018
mmsen:

Aboki rulers have been able to get away with it because of the stupidity, pettiness and cowardice of southerners.

aboki rulers?

if I check now u re Igbo

GEJ n OBJ r abokis,abi?
Re: Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. by Abbeybailey(m): 3:04pm On Apr 29, 2018
Okoroawusa:

Talking with you have been refreshing and educative.Devoid of name calling and ethnic brouhaha that besickens Nairaland.

Am Igbo by the way

Take care!
We are all brothers in the same struggle. Praying and hoping that Nigeria moves up for the benefit of us all because Nigeria is blessed by nature but the problem is the leadership.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. by lagdmark(m): 3:05pm On Apr 29, 2018
When will Nigerians find peace , some continue to travel and hustle all over world untill they turn 70 years without any achievement .
Some Nigerians have been on transit since 20 years.
They travelled to Uk Spain Italy and Germany not good they moved to USA bad, Australia too far. Canada too Cold. Which other country is gud for Nigerians Biko?

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Deported From Canada For Killing a Parrot / Man Rides Bike On The Pavement Of Jubilee Flyover In Ajah, Lagos / Photos: Rare Pictures Of Ghettos In Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.