Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,527 members, 7,808,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (804655 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 14, 2019
@oluwaleokey, I really don't advise people to apply as self employed. The process is usually very tough and rigorous with some unusual request for outrageous documents. However, if you can get any firm to give you all the necessary documents to support your application, then you'll be fine. Regards.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by duduade: 6:41pm On Jan 14, 2019
To the elders in the House, in a case of someone who had his first degree in Geology but decided to have a career in hospitality management for example consulting and managing hotels for over ten years.

What will vetassess assess?

The only professional certificate he has is IHM institute of hotel management UK

Really confusing
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 14, 2019
duduade:
To the elders in the House, in a case of someone who had his first degree in Geology but decided to have a career in hospitality management for example consulting and managing hotels for over ten years.

What will vetassess assess?

The only professional certificate he has is IHM institute of hotel management UK

Really confusing
In this case, your degree will be assessed as not highly relevant to your nominated occupation (Hospitality management). However, if your JD is well tailored as specified on ANZSCO with your 10 years experience, some years (3 years or more) will be substituted for your degree, and the remaining years will be assessed as relevant. Then, your outcome should be positive.
Regards.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by duduade: 7:41pm On Jan 14, 2019
koleefem05:
In this case, your degree will be assessed as not highly relevant to your nominated occupation (Hospitality management). However, if your JD is well tailored as specified on ANZSCO with your 10 years experience, some years (3 years or more) will be substituted for your degree, and the remaining years will be assessed as relevant. Then, your outcome should be positive.
Regards.

Thank you so much Sir. Will be back
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by oavs: 12:26am On Jan 15, 2019
Good job everyone is doing in here. Please does anyone have softcopy of IELTS materials to kindly share with me. adenikevs@gmail.com
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by duduade: 7:31am On Jan 15, 2019
oavs:
Good job everyone is doing in here. Please does anyone have softcopy of IELTS materials to kindly share with me. adenikevs@gmail.com

I think you have to be specific if it's Academic or General... From what I gather yesterday it should be Academic

You could scroll through previous pages too
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by julietromeo: 8:01am On Jan 15, 2019
duduade:

I think you have to be specific if it's Academic or General... From what I gather yesterday it should be Academic

You could scroll through previous pages too
Both academic and general is accepted for AUSTRALIA PR
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by duduade: 8:40am On Jan 15, 2019
julietromeo:

Both academic and general is accepted for AUSTRALIA PR

OK
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Ibuske: 10:20am On Jan 15, 2019
My people, please what Credential Community Language means?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by blackbriar: 10:23am On Jan 15, 2019
Ibuske:
My people, please what Credential Community Language means?
if you speak one of the local languages fluently and have a credited exam to prove it...e.g aborigene, chinese

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Ibuske: 10:32am On Jan 15, 2019
aaffluent:
The IT would work but might ACS might cut a lot of his experiences. He should look at the list for the best possible occupation that relates to the Data Administration

Thank you affluent. It's actually database Administrator and not the former. I've been able to search for him with Anzsco site. The following are what I found:

Code: 262111
Skill level: 1
Visa Subclass: 190 or 489
State Nomination: Northern Territory with minimum of 6 band score in English test, also Victoria ( Melbourne) with 7.0 band score and minimum of 3 years working experience.
Accessing Authority: ACS

Please kindly advice.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Ibuske: 10:43am On Jan 15, 2019
[quote author=TRed post=74609920]

Your friend will loose point with experience if he/she assess for ICT occupation because his/her degree is not related and due to his/her age bracket he/she will not be able to compete if he/she eventually gets a positive outcome in skill assessment. ICT occupations are highly competitive.

Verify if your friend's role is data administrator or database administrator.

If data administrator, he/she may be able to assess as records manager with vetassess which is only available for 190 &489 visas. With that he/she should hope for the following points;
Degree: 15pts ( if his/her degree is from a tier 1 uni)
Experience: 10pts
English :20points
State sponsorship: 5/10
Total:. 65/70

Note: records manager is a skill level 1 occupation and you can only qualify to assess for this if you attended a tier 1 University or a 5yr course in Nigeria.

Thanks a bunch Tred.
First of all, his occupation is Database Administrator with Financial institution.

I've checked out for him with Anzsco site, and these are my findings:

Occupation and tasks: Database Administrator
Code: 262111
Skill level: 1
Accessing Authority: ACS
Visa Subclass: 190, 489

State Nomination: Northern Territory, status- Open, minimum of 6 band score in English test. Please what does Offshore Applicants means?
Another State Nomination is: Victoria( Melbourne), status- Open, minimum of 7 band score in English test, and minimum of 3 years working experience.

Please kindly advice. Thank you.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Ibuske: 10:45am On Jan 15, 2019
blackbriar:

if you speak one of the local languages fluently and have a credited exam to prove it...e.g aborigene, chinese

Oh seen. Thank you very much. I was confused when I got to that part.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by TRed: 10:57am On Jan 15, 2019
Ibuske:

Thank you very much and sorry for late response.

He's a Database Administrator and finished from the University of Ibadan. Thank you.

He will loose points for experience (5-6yrs will be cut off) if he chooses to assess as a database administrator because his first degree is not related to the job.
He definitely needs those points from experience to match the points he has lost to his age bracket.

Here is what I suggest but this is dependent on the risk appetite of your friend and how much he wants to make this move because he should be here making this findings for himself.

He can choose to go assess as ICT support technician if he can tailor his job responsibilities for it. He will assess with TRA, and will loose about 3yrs of experience. He may be lucky that TRA recognises NIIT certificate and he will only loose 2yrs.

Then he can claim
Degree:15pts(using his BSc)
Experience: 10 -15pts
English: 20pts
State sponsorship 489: 10pts (South Australia)
Total : 70/75pts

Get in touch with TRA gurus in the house to help you with the application for assessment. It is very important that you package your application perfectly.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by flyca: 11:04am On Jan 15, 2019
blackbriar:
Please does this apply to all skills?

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by slimchic08: 11:52am On Jan 15, 2019
tunlex01:

What's your course of study and what university did you graduate from?

Course of Study- Microbiology

Imo State University
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Ibuske: 12:44pm On Jan 15, 2019
TRed:

He will loose points for experience (5-6yrs will be cut off) if he chooses to assess as a database administrator because his first degree is not related to the job.
He definitely needs those points from experience to match the points he has lost to his age bracket.

Here is what I suggest but this is dependent on the risk appetite of your friend and how much he wants to make this move because he should be here making this findings for himself.

He can choose to go assess as ICT support technician if he can tailor his job responsibilities for it. He will assess with TRA, and will loose about 3yrs of experience. He may be lucky that TRA recognises NIIT certificate and he will only loose 2yrs.

Then he can claim
Degree:15pts(using his BSc)
Experience: 10 -15pts
English: 20pts
State sponsorship 489: 10pts (South Australia)
Total : 70/75pts

Get in touch with TRA gurus in the house to help you with the application for assessment. It is very important that you package your application perfectly.

Hmmmmmm, this is very interesting and educative to read. This definitely means that One's degree must be equal to one's working experience. But I think Visa Subclass 489 is not permanent. It's a 4 years stay.

Thank you very much.

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Ibuske: 3:53pm On Jan 15, 2019
To my fellow learned and elders in the house, please your swift response will be appreciated.

After lots of surfing on the site, I discovered that Human Resource Manager ( Occupation) is among the skilled program.

These are my bio, please advice.

Education: BSc Psychology
MSc Human Resources Management and Development.
2 years working experience as Admin Officer before MSc
4 years working experience as Human Resources Manager during and after MSc.

Englist test- About to write.

Please what are my chances.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Moradeeke(f): 11:54am On Jan 16, 2019
oluwaleokey:

Good morning Ma, can I pm you?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Miraclusladybug: 1:34pm On Jan 17, 2019
Hello all. Thanks so much to all contributors we have learnt alot. May God richly bless you all. I have read from page one to 127 and also the previous thread and i have learnt alot. I have a few questions to ask the gurus as i want to make sure i get everything in the right order before i begin this journey.
I studied agricultural economics and extension (b-tech) 5 yrs course and i am currently employed at a polythechnic as a lecturer for the past seven years. I am currently 40 yrs old. Because of my age and some other factors, i want to go the subclass 489 route. I want to assess as a vocational education teacher (non trades) but i want to know if agricultural scientist or consultant will better suit my profile. Please house your candid suggestions will be highly apreciated. Thanks.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by poundlander: 12:45am On Jan 18, 2019
Good evening folks,
Please I need guidance concerning this Aussie PR
I am an environmentalist with a bsc in microbiology, having 5-6years cognitive experience in environment management.
Qualification: 15
English: (yet to be taken)
My wife on the other hand is a professional and certified engineer with 5 years experience.
My occupation (environment management) isn't available on 189; but only available on 190 and 489 with special requirements.

My wife however have her occupation to be available for 189 visa.
Qualification: 15
English: (yet to be taken)
Questions:
What if my wife apply as the principal, but unfortunately fail to pass the ielts (English), which I the dependent managed to pass. Can the dependent application be successful?
@bellong
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 8:21am On Jan 19, 2019
slimchic08:

Course of Study- Microbiology

Imo State University

Course not related, university a tier 2 uni.
The challenge here is that Sales and Marketing manager is a tier 1 occupation.

From trend, it may not be positive cos at d end of d assessment, AIM may have deducted all the 6 years.

I will suggest you carry out further research on expatforum or wait till July when the occupation list will be updated. Sales rep jobs on skill level 2 might be up for nomination.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 8:28am On Jan 19, 2019
Ibuske:
To my fellow learned and elders in the house, please your swift response will be appreciated.

After lots of surfing on the site, I discovered that Human Resource Manager ( Occupation) is among the skilled program.

These are my bio, please advice.

Education: BSc Psychology
MSc Human Resources Management and Development.
2 years working experience as Admin Officer before MSc
4 years working experience as Human Resources Manager during and after MSc.

Englist test- About to write.

Please what are my chances.

Why is your age 30-33? Be specific
Education:15 points
Is the Admin experience in the same company with the HR experience?
Provide your spouse's details, she might add to your points or even be the primary applicant
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 10:02am On Jan 19, 2019
@Poundlander,

Your wife is better off as the primary applicant. She should prepare for the English test.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by oluwaleokey: 10:31am On Jan 19, 2019
Moradeeke:

Good morning Ma, can I pm you?

Replied you already
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by folamee: 10:51am On Jan 19, 2019
good morning house,pls i need someone to give me a breakdown of the amount of money, to be spent from the assessment stage to the grant stage,excluding the amount of money to be spent on english test.@bellong
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by folamee: 11:38am On Jan 19, 2019
pls someone should help me out becos am really confused,i and hubby just decided to start this journey,but we initially taught hubby will be the principal,so that i can stay behind and continue working for us to gather more money before joining him,but as it is now,me being the pincipal will be better becos i am a registered electrical engineer working with the FG with 5 years working experience.pls my question is after granting us visa can me, the principal stay behind for some month,while the dependant go ahead without me.if no, how soon can one get a job over there? fear of the unknown @bellong
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 19, 2019
@Miraclusladybug, I'll advise you go the way of Agric Consultant or Scientist. It's highly relevant to your course of study and will be more straightforward to assess, and even claim some years of experience. Regards.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 19, 2019
folamee:
good morning house,pls i need someone to give me a breakdown of the amount of money, to be spent from the assessment stage to the grant stage,excluding the amount of money to be spent on english test.@bellong
You can't get a specific breakdown of the amount.

Excluding English test, depending on the assessing body, budget 250K for Assessment.

For visa fee, depending on family size, budget 1.5-2million for you and your wife.

After grant, your flight ticket will also depend on family size and travel period.

Some states require payment for nomination.

Regards.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Miraclusladybug: 4:34pm On Jan 19, 2019
koleefem05:
@Miraclusladybug, I'll advise you go the way of Agric Consultant or Scientist. It's highly relevant to your course of study and will be more straightforward to assess, and even claim some years of experience. Regards.

thank you so much for the advice @ koleefem05. I will use agricultural consultant as you sugested.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by folamee: 5:37pm On Jan 19, 2019
koleefem05:
You can't get a specific breakdown of the amount.

Excluding English test, depending on the assessing body, budget 250K for Assessment.

For visa fee, depending on family size, budget 1.5-2million for you and your wife.

After grant, your flight ticket will also depend on family size and travel period.

Some states require payment for nomination.

Regards.
thank u sir
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by folamee: 8:21pm On Jan 19, 2019
afosahid:
[/b]Short Timeline Alert[b] grin grin

So i woke up to grant emails for myself, wifey and kids this morning. I am elated as i share this news and i hope inspires a lot of people still in the process.

Please see Timeline below:

20th November 2017: I decided to start the PR process after much efforts by @spyroxy1 to convince me. Thanks for not giving up on me.
16th January 2018: 1st PTE attempt: 90,90,90,90
21st February 2018: Submitted my CDR with EA
3rd April 2018: Positive outcome with 10 points for experience (7 years experience approved out of 8 years claimed)
3rd April 2018: Created EOI for 189
3rd April 2018: ITA for 189
13th April 2018: Lodged Visa Application
23rd August 2018: Visa Grant (Direct Grant,no CO contact)
IED: 27th March 2019

Points Breakdown
Age-30 points
Qualification: 15points
Experience: 10 points
English : 20 points

Special thanks to God and everyone who has helped in this journey. Shoutout to my brothers @spyroxy1 @olalekankad @azy123 @alphadoor @tuteso & of course @bellong for starting this excellent movement. We shall all celebrate together.

For those still at various stages of the struggle, i hope this inspires you never to give up. I wish you all the very best!!!
pls @afosahid can u help me with ur cdr,pls i need it as a guide to write mine,i am an electrical engineer,i have 5 years experience in the power industry,pls if u have any material that i can use,pls help me,thanks in anticipation.@afosahid

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.