Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,119 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (802217 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by julietromeo: 1:25pm On May 24, 2019
lambotee:
please after filling the EOI form on the Last Page(page 12/12) i got this information
Visa type description:. Skilled - Independent (Subclass 189) (Points-Tested Stream)

Result

The EOI for this subclass will not be considered for an invitation at this time, because according to the client's claims:

The client does not have a skills assessment

The client's English language ability may be below the level needed for this visa subclass.

Should i still submit the application or i should wait till i get my English language results and add to detail. because under the English language section i picked NO, meaning i don't av any English test result with the last 36months

**please i still don't know how to go about the skill Assessment procedure so that i can update too in my eoi
You need to go and start reading from page 1. EOI is one of the last things to do. You needed to do your Assessment and English test to know your points before filling EOI.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by btsnm(m): 1:36pm On May 24, 2019
Wait to have your Language test result.

lambotee:
please after filling the EOI form on the Last Page(page 12/12) i got this information
Visa type description:. Skilled - Independent (Subclass 189) (Points-Tested Stream)

Result

The EOI for this subclass will not be considered for an invitation at this time, because according to the client's claims:

The client does not have a skills assessment

The client's English language ability may be below the level needed for this visa subclass.

Should i still submit the application or i should wait till i get my English language results and add to detail. because under the English language section i picked NO, meaning i don't av any English test result with the last 36months

**please i still don't know how to go about the skill Assessment procedure so that i can update too in my eoi
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by obaxlove(m): 1:40am On May 25, 2019
Please house can someone help me I’m a Transport Manager with almost 6 years of experience. I have been reading this thread for awhile I really don’t understand. Please help. The major issue I’m having is locating where my occupation falls. Knowing the pros and cons. God bless you.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ozonechrome: 9:34am On May 25, 2019
Please what other skills can a medical doctor nominate?

Please guys help me out I've forgotten everything about DIY.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunai(m): 11:41am On May 25, 2019
You can nominate Transport company manager, it's assessed by VETASSES and available in south Australia and Tasmania.
Goodluck

obaxlove:
Please house can someone help me I’m a Transport Manager with almost 6 years of experience. I have been reading this thread for awhile I really don’t understand. Please help. The major issue I’m having is locating where my occupation falls. Knowing the pros and cons. God bless you.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by pinkygurl(f): 12:29pm On May 25, 2019
bellong:

An information I did not update in the previous thread. YOU MUST BE UNDER 45 YEARS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE SKILLED MIGRATION PROGRAM.

grin
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Xmen149(m): 5:16pm On May 25, 2019
Am confused with all the process,.i dont seem to follow at all,maybe someone can help me make things a bit clearer
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 25, 2019
Xmen149:
Am confused with all the process,.i dont seem to follow at all,maybe someone can help me make things a bit clearer
If you read the first few pages of the previous thread carefully, you’ll understand the entire process and have the basic knowledge required to progress. Over 30 people have successfully followed the simple steps highlighted by @bellong and have migrated. You can do it too. Regards.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ozonechrome: 8:45pm On May 25, 2019
ozonechrome:
Please what other skills can a medical doctor nominate?

Please guys help me out I've forgotten everything about DIY.

@tunai please do you have any idea?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Xmen149(m): 6:44am On May 26, 2019
koleefem05:
If you read the first few pages of the previous thread carefully, you’ll understand the entire process and have the basic knowledge required to progress. Over 30 people have successfully followed the simple steps highlighted by @bellong and have migrated. You can do it too. Regards.

I HAVE TRIED

seems some things changed on their website,

but advice me on what and how to go,.i have HND(Electrical Engineering) and PG(about to go for Msc)(in IT),with tech skill in both area, 4yrs experience in data-center mgt,...please bro,...anyone
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Suspect33(m): 3:39pm On May 26, 2019
tunai:
You can nominate Transport company manager, it's assessed by VETASSES and available in south Australia and Tasmania.
Goodluck

hello, I've been following this thread for a long time and i observed that people in the medical and engineering field stand higher chances of getting called up, i am a graduate of banking and finance, but i work as a programmer and software developer, with two years work experience, what are my chances? tnx

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Anfieldboss: 4:01pm On May 26, 2019
ashaju33:
Hello everyone. I want to share my experience with EA regarding my assessment. I applied for Assessment in Feb 2019 though not on fastrack. After two months of waiting, I got a mail from EA asking me to defend my Career episodes. I replied them with evidence on originality of my C.E but unfortunately my application was rejected. I used my undergraduate project as one of my C. E and after running originality test, I discovered some percentage of similarities between my project and some online publications while the other two C.E are ok. Base on my experience, I will advise people not to include their undergraduate project as part of their C.E. I intend to re apply since I wasn't banned for 12 months

Hello bro,

Please how much did u pay for ur assessment with Engineers Australia
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Anfieldboss: 4:06pm On May 26, 2019
Gurus in the house,

Which option will you advise me to travel to Australia with? I'm considering the Skilled Migration and PhD route.

For the skilled migration, what are my chances of getting an engineering job over there with my Nigerian qualifications( BEng and MEng)...I'm quite skeptical about this which is why I'm looking at going via PhD. In the course of studying for my PhD, I believe I can develop requisite skills that will help me fit in over there.

Guys please advise a brother

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 11:00am On May 27, 2019
@Ashaju: it's sad to read about your unsuccessful application.

However, the subject you've addressed is a very critical aspect of the migration process and as such I'm obliged to comment.

Most of the Engineers on this thread, if not more than 70%, have used their undergraduate projects or thesis as their career episodes. I've also seen few that used their NYSC experience. In fact, I personally used my undergraduate project, MSc project and 4th year SIWES / internship for my 3 career episodes. We've even had someone on here who wrote a very convincing episode based on his personal research and got a positive assessment outcome. Hence, I find your advise misleading or probably it lacks sufficient information to make it valid.

Over the years, the assessing authorities have encountered many plagiarized and overclaimed reports submitted by different applicants which has made them become more strict in their assessments. Undergraduate projects are very much accepted and recommended by Engineers Australia, but they must be backed with both theoretical and documented evidence. The decision to request for more information, documents or interview is solely dependent on the assessor or case officer, and varies from one application to another. However, the most influencing factor is the content and quality of your career episode.

Some persons do not take time to write a good report, others copy directly from their original project report which was even also originally copied from another work. Thus, there is a very high chance that more than 2 persons have used the same project and more than 2 have also applied and submitted the same report to Engineers Australia. There are also those that make bogus claims on their report, especially reports which were based on internships that was obvious that the applicant was only there to learn. Yet you see applicants claiming to be the innovator, team leader, main brain behind a solution to a very complex or sophisticated problems. All of these only raise eyebrows and forces the assessor to request for proof, evidence, reference or even call you to test your knowledge through a short interview.

I agree that things have changed over time and the requirements have become tougher or more strict, however, a well written career episode containing clear, logical and valid theories, facts or even hypotheses stand a 99% chance of being approved even without a request for proof. And with verifiable and documented evidence, such episode has 100% chance of being approved. It is also worth stating that a commonly disregarded proof for undergraduate thesis is your grade in your transcript. Ensuring that you explain the significance of the project to attaining your final degree and the credit weight assigned to it as well as your actual grade as evident on your transcript will to a large extent be a sufficient proof for your work if you had a very strong career episode.

On a lighter note, I've seen an instance where someone wrote a career episode of over 2500 words, with drawings, designs, equations, result tables, experiments, etc. and when he was asked to send a copy of the original report, he said he didn't have it. I'm not an assessor but I was dumbfounded and disgusted. Such a person must be a genius of the 5th order...

Your case may not fall into any of those, and the fact that you're given the opportunity to defend your submission goes a long way to prove that the undergraduate thesis is accepted for the skills assessment, but you may have been affected by past applicants who have made the assessors to be more vigilant of bogus claims and unfortunately for you, you weren't convincing enough.

I'm sorry for the long post. To summarize, you can include your undergraduate project in your career episode and get a positive assessment if you did the work yourself and can prove /defend it theoretically and also provide required document evidence if requested. In all, KEEP IT SIMPLE!

ashaju33:
Base on my experience, I will advise people not to include their undergraduate project as part of their C.E.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jukeblam(m): 4:53pm On May 27, 2019
Anfieldboss:
Gurus in the house,

Which option will you advise me to travel to Australia with? I'm considering the Skilled Migration and PhD route.

For the skilled migration, what are my chances of getting an engineering job over there with my Nigerian qualifications( BEng and MEng)...I'm quite skeptical about this which is why I'm looking at going via PhD. In the course of studying for my PhD, I believe I can develop requisite skills that will help me fit in over there.

Guys please advise a brother

People get engineering jobs with their Nigerian degrees here; initial barrier might be getting the first- but once you do, the rest fall in line, easier.

Suggest you apply for the skilled migration with as many points as you can garner...while still searching for a PhD, cos the PR process takes longer now.

By the way, PhD won't teach you any skills to fit in; it's a self-steering journey with some guidance. Only a few jobs consider it as an advantage- mostly academic or research related roles.

3 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Dj04: 6:58pm On May 27, 2019
Good evening gurus in the house, please I need some advise on the immigration path. Am a graduate of economics and been working in risk management of a bank for over 6 years. I have an ielts of 7.5 and I found economics under sub class 189. Economist does not have a direct impact on my job function but partially. Do you think I still go ahead with the assessment stating how it relates to my job function and all or I find an alternative. Also does this immigration process require some proof of funds like Canada on the long run.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Dj04: 6:59pm On May 27, 2019
Please do we have any telegram link for this group.? If yes please assist.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Emaxxy: 4:40am On May 28, 2019
Please house, what skill can I nominate with a master degree in public health from an Australia university to get a PR. Your response will be highly appreciated
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 5:27am On May 28, 2019
Emaxxy:
Please house, what skill can I nominate with a master degree in public health from an Australia university to get a PR. Your response will be highly appreciated

Your work experience will determine the skill you can nominate.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 5:30am On May 28, 2019
iammiracle1:

@bellong, sir you are obviously more knowledgeable, please what profession can a doctor nominate? Or they cant migrate directly to Aussie? My brother is in the same boat.

For doctors, it depends on his medical experience and years of experience.

Three occupations are available:

1. Medical administrator

2. Primary healthcare manager

3. Health and welfare services manager.

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 5:45am On May 28, 2019
Dj04:
Good evening gurus in the house, please I need some advise on the immigration path. Am a graduate of economics and been working in risk management of a bank for over 6 years. I have an ielts of 7.5 and I found economics under sub class 189. Economist does not have a direct impact on my job function but partially. Do you think I still go ahead with the assessment stating how it relates to my job function and all or I find an alternative. Also does this immigration process require some proof of funds like Canada on the long run.

This occupation is assessed by VETASSES. The key to a positive assessment is how you can relate your functions with anzsco job descriptions for an economist. If you are able to do that, you should be fine.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Dj04: 6:48am On May 28, 2019
Thanks a lot. Pls how can I reach you privately for some guide. It will be much appreciated.
bellong:

This occupation is assessed by VETASSES. The key to a positive assessment is how you can relate your functions with anzsco job descriptions for an economist. If you are able to do that, you should be fine.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Emaxxy: 9:46am On May 28, 2019
bellong:

Your work experience will determine the skill you can nominate.
Thanks for your response sir bellong. I currently do not have any experience in public health. I had my undergraduate study in biology education but my master in public health is on going. Do I have any prospect towards nominating any skill. Your advice will really help my inexperience.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by PwityMiwa: 9:58am On May 28, 2019
Hello All,

Please is there any hope for 75 points, i don't seem to be seeing any invite with 75 points and can i go ahead and claim spouse points with his occupation in STSOL list for 189.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bligs: 11:34am On May 28, 2019
PwityMiwa:
Hello All,

Please is there any hope for 75 points, i don't seem to be seeing any invite with 75 points and can i go ahead and claim spouse points with his occupation in STSOL list for 189.
Base on May invitation round, the least for 189 is 80points and that is for engineering & IT related professions, the minimum for accounting is even 90points, to be sincere the point for 189 invitation isn't going to drop anytime soon if at all is going to drop, your best bet is 190 or try regional areas before its too late.
PS: There are about 5ppl with 95points, still figuring how they accumulate such point.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by PwityMiwa: 12:08pm On May 28, 2019
Thank you, but the problem here is that no state is sponsoring my course of Food tech, what else can i do to increase my points?

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by kadripete: 12:43pm On May 28, 2019
PwityMiwa:
Thank you, but the problem here is that no state is sponsoring my course of Food tech, what else can i do to increase my points?
Food Technologist is in Tasmania list
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by demmy40: 1:44pm On May 28, 2019
Good afternoon, please I need suggestion to this issue, I am currently working as an Agronomist with my company and my degree is Botany, So I nominated Agricultural Scientist for VETASSESS assessment since the job description under Agricultural scientist is well related to the task I performed at my workplace but recently I received negative assessment. The reason for the negative assessment stated in VETASSESS report is that; Its major field of study (Botany) was assessed as not relevant since it did not contain sufficient subjects in Agricultural Systems". Hence, Botany is not highly relevant to the Selected occupation (Agriculture Scientist). A positive assessment of both qualifications and employment is required for positive Skills Assessment Outcome.

Skills Assessment Outcome: Negative
Based on the evidence provided, the qualifications and/or employment described above do not meet the Skills Assessment requirements of your nominated occupation.

@bellong, @koleefem05 and my oga(s) in the house, please I need your advice for the above outcome.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 28, 2019
I think something like this was shared with me. Can't remember if you have sufficient years of experience to substitute for the degree. I requested to see your CV, but not sure I got it
demmy40:
Good afternoon, please I need suggestion to this issue, I am currently working as an Agronomist with my company and my degree is Botany, So I nominated Agricultural Scientist for VETASSESS assessment since the job description under Agricultural scientist is well related to the task I performed at my workplace but recently I received negative assessment. The reason for the negative assessment stated in VETASSESS report is that; Its major field of study (Botany) was assessed as not relevant since it did not contain sufficient subjects in Agricultural Systems". Hence, Botany is not highly relevant to the Selected occupation (Agriculture Scientist). A positive assessment of both qualifications and employment is required for positive Skills Assessment Outcome.

Skills Assessment Outcome: Negative
Based on the evidence provided, the qualifications and/or employment described above do not meet the Skills Assessment requirements of your nominated occupation.

@bellong, @koleefem05 and my oga(s) in the house, please I need your advice for the above outcome.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by dextrino45(m): 7:05pm On May 28, 2019
Please if you have PTE study material kindly send to balogundamilaree@gmail.com
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by demmy40: 7:31pm On May 28, 2019
koleefem05:
I think something like this was shared with me. Can't remember if you have sufficient years of experience to substitute for the degree. I requested to see your CV, but not sure I got it

I have 5 years of experience as an Agronomist but I don't know if that would be okay. Anyway, the same documents have been sent to you earlier, please check again sir.

Thank you in anticipation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.