Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:39 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (793063 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 10:21am On Aug 22, 2019
jayooh:

This would be like asking the person to be working full-time for the 3 years oh if one is to earn $50k minimum.
Maybe minimum above free tax threshold but not 50-60k a year

Thought some people said 100k is achieveable if one tends to sleep only when S/he is dead?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jayooh: 2:08am On Aug 23, 2019
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

Thought some people said 100k is achieveable if one tends to sleep only when S/he is dead?
of course it is, but it depends on your wages too. Full time work is 35-38 hours a week. I have seen people work 60-70 hours a week so yes if you tend to sleep only when you're dead it is achievable. But in this case we're talk i n't about regions not cities with limited opportunities.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Blitzenkreig66: 6:41am On Aug 24, 2019
$100k per annum is very possible with one job. This is Australia, opportunities abound.
DoDirtsLikeWorm:

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Vincentosa: 4:03pm On Aug 24, 2019
We are awaiting the new subclass Visa 491. Praying it favours us all. But who knows what points will be given ITA.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by macfaded(m): 10:57pm On Aug 24, 2019
@bellong,pls I need some clarification on the second question. Will i answer Yes ? Are they asking if I have worked outside nigeria before?

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 12:30am On Aug 25, 2019
bellong:

As long as the marriage will not take you away from the regional area before 3 years, they are fine with it.

The 491 regional scheme is better as it offers the opportunity to move to any regional area across Australia without restriction.

Cool.
I thought the 489 also allows one to stay in any regional area since the requirements for 887 is work and live in a regional area.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 12:44am On Aug 25, 2019
macfaded:
Hello, I need some clarification on the second question. Will i answer Yes ?

If part of your work experience was approved during assessment, the answer will be yes.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 12:45am On Aug 25, 2019
tunlex01:

Cool.
I thought the 489 also allows one to stay in any regional area since the requirements for 887 is work and live in a regional area.

With 489, you have to apply for a release from your regional sponsor before you can move to another regional area. The new 491, there is no need for any application.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Ozame: 1:12am On Aug 25, 2019
@ Bellong, can someone with a third class degree in Geology from a Fed University with at least three years experience get a positive result from Vetasses ? This is just to claim point for spouse skills .
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 1:32am On Aug 25, 2019
Ozame:
@ Bellong, can someone with a third class degree in Geology from a Fed University with at least three years experience get a positive result from Vetasses ? This is just to claim point for spouse skills .

The skills assessment does not care about the class of degree applicants graduated with. The key point is if the Federal University is classified as a Tier 1 university.

For spouse point, are you nominating occupation from the same occupation list?

If her Federal university is classified as a Tier 2 university, it is better your spouse nominates Earth science technician.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by flaky16: 7:05am On Aug 25, 2019
Good day everyone. I am new on here. Pls i need help on how to go about my assessment.
How i will send my transcript and certificate. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ajayidebo: 10:30am On Aug 25, 2019
Good morning ladies and gentlemen. Quick question, how do one knows what TIER their institution falls under using Australia standard. I.e. Lagos State Polytechnic and Joseph Ayo Babalola University

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Ozame: 3:53pm On Aug 25, 2019
Thanks for the info. Yes the nomination is from the same occupation list but the institution is a Tier 2 university (if I got you right, You said a 4 year degree is classified as Tier 2) I will check out the Earth science technician as u suggested thanks
bellong:

The skills assessment does not care about the class of degree applicants graduated with. The key point is if the Federal University is classified as a Tier 1 university.

For spouse point, are you nominating occupation from the same occupation list?

If her Federal university is classified as a Tier 2 university, it is better your spouse nominates Earth science technician.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by wisdom4today: 7:38pm On Aug 25, 2019
PLS gurus and elders in the house, I need the 8 years experience points in order to make up for my low points in age and get the 65 points needed for 189 subclass PR visa.

Now, my question is that I have an official 6 years experience as an engineer ( from my employment letter ), and 2 years experience as technician in the same engineering field, before becoming an engineer.

Would both the 2 years and the 6 years amount to the required 8 years needed to claim the maximum points for experience? Will engineers Australia accept a combination of both to amount to the 8 years required?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by starboychan: 8:15pm On Aug 25, 2019
Good evening everyone,

I'm a graduate of Civil Engineering from unilorin with about 3years experience as project engineer ( please note that I have always been paid in cash ). I'm willing to commence my immigration process as soon as possible but the challenge I'm having now is that I don't know where to start.

Please kindly advice me accordingly on what to do, looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Regards
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by dayod12: 8:22pm On Aug 25, 2019
Hello house, please I need your advice on how to go about this. I'm an Engineer with 5years experience with a particular company. But the challenge I have is...,about 2½ years, salary was being paid by cash at hand.,there after bank payment has been in use since then(which was even half in the bank, the remaining part paid by cash at hand). Also, their mode of taxing has been unsual.,so I dont have any tax receipt or clearance certificate at the moment, or anything regarding a 3rd party proof of employment. Also in the employment letter, even though the roles i carried out where mostly related to that of an Industrial Engineering Technologist, it wasnt stated clearly in the letter. Is there any way I can go about these?
The issue of regularizing my tax record;
That of my offer letter; or do I try to get a reference letter?
Cos it wouldnt be fair if some other person's decision hampers ones plans. All of these are company related issues. Thanks, expecting your guidance on this.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by vikmeek: 10:11pm On Aug 25, 2019
Hello everyone,

Quick one. Is it late to start processing for 190 or 189 subclass? I intend to submit my Engineer Australia assessment application in two weeks time. All things being equal I can get 75points , as i have 3 yrs engineering experience and I’m under 30

Or should I chill for the 491?

Kindly advice

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by MightyFortress: 10:51pm On Aug 25, 2019
Following
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by macfaded(m): 1:20am On Aug 26, 2019
@bellong, thanks sir, 6 yrs was approved for my work assessment but I only saw option for 3,5 and 8 yrs.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 2:41am On Aug 26, 2019
flaky16:
Good day everyone. I am new on here. Pls i need help on how to go about my assessment.
How i will send my transcript and certificate. God bless you.

What you need to do is read thread.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 2:44am On Aug 26, 2019
Ozame:
Thanks for the info. Yes the nomination is from the same occupation list but the institution is a Tier 2 university (if I got you right, You said a 4 year degree is classified as Tier 2) I will check out the Earth science technician as u suggested thanks

Which university is it?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 2:46am On Aug 26, 2019
ajayidebo:
Good morning ladies and gentlemen. Quick question, how do one knows what TIER their institution falls under using Australia standard. I.e. Lagos State Polytechnic and Joseph Ayo Babalola University

Lagos State Polytechnic - Advanced Diploma.

JABU - Depends on number of years of your degree.. A 4 year course will likely be Associate degree.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 2:48am On Aug 26, 2019
wisdom4today:

Now, my question is that I have an official 6 years experience as an engineer ( from my employment letter ), and 2 years experience as technician in the same engineering field, before becoming an engineer.

Would both the 2 years and the 6 years amount to the required 8 years needed to claim the maximum points for experience? Will engineers Australia accept a combination of both to amount to the 8 years required?

The two years, is it pre or post-degree qualification?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 2:49am On Aug 26, 2019
starboychan:
Good evening everyone,

I'm a graduate of Civil Engineering from unilorin with about 3years experience as project engineer ( please note that I have always been paid in cash ). I'm willing to commence my immigration process as soon as possible but the challenge I'm having now is that I don't know where to start.

Please kindly advice me accordingly on what to do, looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Regards

If you read the thread, you will understand where you need to start from.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 2:55am On Aug 26, 2019
@dayod12,

The last part of your comment is unnecessary because you agreed to be paid by hand when you joined the company.

You can get an affidavit from your employer explaining you were paid cash when you started working with them. They will include why they were paying you cash and when they starter paying to your bank account.

You will get employment reference letter detailing your current job descriptions to show what you currently do.

If you cannot provide evidence of payment for your work experience, your experience may likely be cut to the years you have evidence. The other option is to pay your tax out of pocket. You can visit the Inland revenue officer of your state for more information.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 2:56am On Aug 26, 2019
vikmeek:
Hello everyone,

Quick one. Is it late to start processing for 190 or 189 subclass? I intend to submit my Engineer Australia assessment application in two weeks time. All things being equal I can get 75points , as i have 3 yrs engineering experience and I’m under 30

Or should I chill for the 491?

Kindly advice

There is no point waiting. The earlier you submit for assessment, the better.

Only 489 will be replaced, 190 will still continue.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 3:02am On Aug 26, 2019
macfaded:
@bellong, thanks sir, 6 yrs was approved for my work assessment but I only saw option for 3,5 and 8 yrs.

I don't understand what you mean by your question but I can deduce what the question means. You should pick 5 years because years of experience above 5 but less than 8 carry same points. Your 6 years experience sits in the 5 year block.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by wisdom4today: 10:48am On Aug 26, 2019
bellong:

The two years, is it pre or post-degree qualification?

It is post degree work experience.

The 2 years as a technician is the first job after nysc.

After the 2 years experience, the second experience ( 6 yrs ) is an engineer experience ( was a promotion in same company )
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Ozame: 10:54am On Aug 26, 2019
bellong:

Which university is it?

University of Ilorin

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by obaxlove(m): 11:13am On Aug 26, 2019
Hello Gurus,

Please I have BSc & MSc in Demography and Social Statistics From Obafemi Awolowo University and I have been working in a transport and logistics company for 6 years. I also have IELTS result of 7.0 Overall..... Please how can I evaluate my degrees?

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (385) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.