Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,720 members, 7,805,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (803711 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 10:16am On Sep 29, 2019
vikmeek:

My first degree is Elect Elect Engineering,
MSc is still in view MBA in Project Mgt specialization Currently on it in Australia
BEng graduation is 2014
You have 3 options depending on your capacity
1. Assess your qualification only with EA as an Electrical engineer.
2. Assess with Vetassess as a Project administrator with your EA degree. Note that you can't assess with Vetassess as a Project administrator even after your MBA until you have at least 1 year experience after the MBA (that's if you want to submit the MBA degree).
3. Assess for both occupation with the two bodies if you have d funds
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 10:18am On Sep 29, 2019
emadamysy:
So Please under what occupation would this suffice?
All these are more of operational work and not that of a CSM.
There is no occupation currently that fits into that. If you are a supervisor and can assess a level 1 occupation, you may go for Corporate services manager.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 10:20am On Sep 29, 2019
slimy205:

Thank you sir, please can you show me a copy of how the tax invoice receipt looks like.
The statement just shows the amounts that have been remitted by your company to LIRS on your behalf. Chat with them on LIRS website and you will get it.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 10:34am On Sep 29, 2019
folajoseph:
Kudos to the pioneers of this thread and also the previous threads. The information shared Here has really helped me and others in understanding the process however, my case is quite different.

I am 35, dropped out of school but later in life I was able to write and pass 6 professional IT courses, and I was lucky enough to work with these qualifications and gained working experience (8 years+) in my field (ICT Business Analyst)

I am also married with 1 kid and my wife is 31, studied chemistry in the university, she worked 1 year as a project coordinator, 2 years+ as a logistics coordinator in an engineering firm.

We plan to do our assessment next month with the hope that we would score good points in our IELTS.

I have some questions for the experienced people here.

Question 1: Is it true I can claim 10 educational points with my professional certificates? (MCTS, SAP, OCA etc.)

Question 2: whom do you think we should use as the primary applicant, me or my wife?

Question 3: what are our options for 189 visa because her project coordinator experience is for 1 year (this shows on the 189 skills occupation list) the logistics coordinator experience is for 2 years but only shows on the 190 & 489 skills occupation list.

Question 4: is it possible for me and my wife to do our assessment with 2 separate bodies?

Sorry my post was too long, kindly help with clarifications.

Thank you all.

Hi.
1. Yes you can if the qualification is allowed by ACS. You may have to list them so as to confirm if any will get your 10 points. In another news, your years of experience will most likely be slashed drastically.
2. You should be cos your wife's chance of getting a positive assessment with Vetassess is slim.
3. I would advise you face 190/491 squarely. Getting a 189 invitation is a tall order as DHA plan is to move people away from the major cities.
4. Yes

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 10:36am On Sep 29, 2019
jamescom:
Hello everyone, while assessing with vetasses iscit compulsory for the university to send both verified cert and transcript via courier, can I send them myself after collection?
I can't give a definite answer cos my school sent mine.
If the document has been sealed by uni , I'll suggest you send it from any courier company inside your school.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 10:37am On Sep 29, 2019
Theokleia:
Please, I AM TRYING TO PAY FOR MY PTE MYSELF, IT SAYS IT NEEDS CREDIT CARD BUT I KNOW PEOPLE WHO PAID WITHOUT CREDIT CARD, PLS WHAT OTHER OPTIONS ARE THERE?
I HAVE A GTB DOLLAR CARD, WILL THAT WORK?

PLEASE HELP A SISTER!!!!
Yes both naira and dollar card should work. Perhaps it's the card you are using that has issues. You may contact your bank

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 10:40am On Sep 29, 2019
camobri:
Australia or Canada, which is better?
There is no right or wrong answer.
This is what I did in my case.
I did my research and rated the two countries using several parameters. These parameters were based on my preferences, personality and experience.
You should do same and see which one is better for you.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 10:40am On Sep 29, 2019
mamatwiny:
I want to go ahead with acs assessment .
please confirm the kind of assessment i should go for?
skills general assessment?
Yes. Is there any other option?
Hope you are aware of the new changes to their requirements
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 10:41am On Sep 29, 2019
HazelCanny:
Hi guys...good job you are doing here.
Pls is there any lawyer here going through or who has gone through the process to put me through..I have read through but it's still quite a bit confusing.
You will hardly see lawyers. Most lawyers go through their spouse.
If you are not married, you may try CA.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 10:43am On Sep 29, 2019
crowniran:
Fellow Engineers in the house. Can I be accessed based on my NYSC experience in Civil Engineering. I intend to start processing Aussie after my NYSC.
Sure. For engineers assessing with EA only, you can assess just your qualification without experience as long as you can write a water-tight CDR.

You can even start now without completing the NYSC.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by oknee: 12:30pm On Sep 29, 2019
Mamabigboy:

Thank you.
I wish to know the implications of being awarded med lab technician instead of scientist. Does this mean I am not eligible for subclass 189?
You need to pass the professional exam before you can nominate mls. If you decide to go with just mlt, you will need a state sponsorship .
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by blackbriar: 2:34pm On Sep 29, 2019
crowniran:
Fellow Engineers in the house. Can I be accessed based on my NYSC experience in Civil Engineering. I intend to start processing Aussie after my NYSC.

you will need payslip and tax remit to be able to claim any work experience.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by HazelCanny: 2:56pm On Sep 29, 2019
tunlex01:

Hmmmm...I wonder why .. solicitor is one of the skilled professions eligible for 189/190 visa.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 3:14pm On Sep 29, 2019
HazelCanny:

Hmmmm...I wonder why .. solicitor is one of the skilled professions eligible for 189/190 visa.

It is a long process for lawyers (barristers and solicitors) because you need to be called to the bar in Australia first before PR application. To be called to the bar, you will be required to take some courses in any accredited Australia universities. This is why lawyers don't usually do it.

I don't think anybody can complain because of the peculiar nature of law to each country.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by HazelCanny: 4:24pm On Sep 29, 2019
bellong:

It is a long process for lawyers (barristers and solicitors) because you need to be called to the bar in Australia first before PR application. To be called to the bar, you will be required to take some courses in any accredited Australia universities. This is why lawyers don't usually do it.

I don't think anybody can complain because of the peculiar nature of law to each country.

Thanks. Back to the Canada thread.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by HazelCanny: 6:32pm On Sep 29, 2019
[quote author=bellong post=82678069]

I don't think anybody can complain because of the peculiar nature of law to each country.[/quo

Pls can one use a master's degree certificate to qualify for pr? I have a master's in Human resources manager.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by HazelCanny: 6:32pm On Sep 29, 2019
HazelCanny:

Thanks. Back to the Canada thread.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by HazelCanny: 6:34pm On Sep 29, 2019
bellong:

Pls can one use a master's degree certificate to qualify for pr? I have a master's in Human resources manager.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 29, 2019
tunlex01:

Hi.
1. Yes you can if the qualification is allowed by ACS. You may have to list them so as to confirm if any will get your 10 points. In another news, your years of experience will most likely be slashed drastically.
2. You should be cos your wife's chance of getting a positive assessment with Vetassess is slim.
3. I would advise you face 190/491 squarely. Getting a 189 invitation is a tall order as DHA plan is to move people away from the major cities.
4. Yes

Thanks you so much, i think 190/491 is our best option like you said.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by HazelCanny: 9:00pm On Sep 29, 2019
tunlex01:

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 10:23pm On Sep 29, 2019
HazelCanny:

Having qualification is different from having experience.
Do you have experience as an HR person?
If yes, is d experience after your Master's degree cos assessing bodies only count your e per experience after qualification?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by HazelCanny: 11:17pm On Sep 29, 2019
tunlex01:

Having qualification is different from having experience.
Do you have experience as an HR person?
If yes, is d experience after your Master's degree cos assessing bodies only count your e per experience after qualification?

I have more than 5 yrs experience after my HR master's qualification in HR..but wanted to use my first degree: LLB in Law for the process...till I hit a brick wall and decided to opt for the latter instead.

Well I am guessing the answer to my question is a YES...Thanks a lot.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 12:46am On Sep 30, 2019
HazelCanny:

I have more than 5 yrs experience after my HR master's qualification in HR..but wanted to use my first degree: LLB in Law for the process...till I hit a brick wall and decided to opt for the latter instead.

Well I am guessing the answer to my question is a YES...Thanks a lot.

It is a yes only if you are the HR manager. The occupation available for HR is HR manager.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Tonero123: 7:06am On Sep 30, 2019
Hi All,

Can anyone explain why the 189 & 190 invitation is very limited lately? Is they any hope of them increasing the number of invitations at all? It’s really worrisome the limited number of invitations issued lately.

Thank you
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 9:55am On Sep 30, 2019
Tonero123:
Hi All,

Can anyone explain why the 189 & 190 invitation is very limited lately? Is they any hope of them increasing the number of invitations at all? It’s really worrisome the limited number of invitations issued lately.

Thank you

The government is trying to cut down the number of migrants trooping to the main cities to reduce population. By November, a new scheme is starting to encourage people to the regional areas. The scheme will have more invitation.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Tonero123: 10:10am On Sep 30, 2019
bellong:

The government is trying to cut down the number of migrants trooping to the main cities to reduce population. By November, a new scheme is starting to encourage people to the regional areas. The scheme will have more invitation.

Okay bellong, thank you so much for your response.

I will need to ask you again, how does the regional areas in NSW looks like? Are they opportunities there? Thank you
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 10:14am On Sep 30, 2019
Tonero123:

Okay bellong, thank you so much for your response.

I will need to ask you again, how does the regional areas in NSW looks like? Are they opportunities there? Thank you

I don't live in NSW, I can't give you any informed advice about it. However, I know that the big regions like Wagga Wagga have thriving economy.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Tonero123: 10:25am On Sep 30, 2019
bellong:

I don't live in NSW, I can't give you any informed advice about it. However, I know that the big regions like Wagga Wagga have thriving economy.

Okay thanks so much Bellong, I appreciate
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by HazelCanny: 10:30am On Sep 30, 2019
bellong:

It is a yes only if you are the HR manager. The occupation available for HR is HR manager.

Yes I Know....I went through the occupation list.Thanks.
It's 190 and it's even limited.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Theokleia: 10:48am On Sep 30, 2019
Thanks guys, I was able to book, apparently only Zenith naira cards are accepted, pls can I be added to the PTE/Aussy whatsapp group.

Also, I need a little clarification, whats the difference between accessing with VETASSES and EA

I have a B.Sc and a M.Sc in Petroleum Engineering/Petroleum Engineering and Project Development, but I have scattered experiences none in core engineering except during internship and I don't know if it counts: Admin/HR staff (NYSC), Research analyst (1 yr some months), Management trainee (8 months so far).

My husband has B.Sc Soil and water engineering but 8 years as a Petroleum cargo inspector, pls how should we go about the assessment.

From the calculator, My husband will be principal applicant but its the assessment I'm confused about.
Ps; the whatapp group
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nenyeroz1: 11:37pm On Sep 30, 2019
Hello everyone! Today is my first day of posting on Nairaland but the forum has always been my go-to info site since I started researching study and migration abroad. For years, I've read true life stories of success, courage, faith but above all, I've silently followed the suggestions, advice, encouragements...of well-meaning "strangers" practically propelled people to success on this forum.

You guys are amazing cool cool

So now, I have come with my own issueD. I'll try and be brief

My family (husband, me and our 4 year old son) has decided to migrate to Australia but we don't really know what our chances at PR are. So, please help us out with clarity

EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE

I am 34 years old
I studied B.A Education English(2011)
I have been teaching English Language Phonetics at a private secondary school, but as an auxiliary staff, since 2013 till date.

My husband is 36 years old
He studied BSc Economics/Political Science(2007) and Master of Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice (2014)
He has been working with the Rescue and Disaster Management department of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC) since 2010 till date.

I don't have any tax documents or salary bank statements due to the nature of my employment

Please I'll like to know who, between my husband and I, would be able to get more points and also which Visa options are better, given our circumstances.

I already have an IELTS score of 6.5 (Competent English) but I plan on writing another IELTS and assessing our credentials this October, so that we can join the first set applying for the new 491 Regional Skilled Work Visa.
Please reply

God bless you all
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 12:58am On Oct 01, 2019
@nenyeroz1

What does your husband do in the rescue and disaster management?

Based on the information you provided, you are in the better position as the principal applicant. The body assessing Teachers are not keen on paid experience for positive assessment, only that you will not get any points for experience if you cannot proof that you were paid. As long as there is teaching practice in your curriculum, you should get a positive assessment without experience points.

Notwithstanding, you should still be able to get minimum of 65 points and more for the visa 491.

Go to the assessing authority's website for further information.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.