Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (804764 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Bodacious1: 9:46am On May 28, 2020
Read the guidelines (those two links showing in the same screenshot you posted) for clarity on what you need to pay. All the information you need for the skills assessment is right there on their website.

Ormoretayour:
Please anyone with idea of the TRA assessment fees? I was told its shldnt be more than 250k bt what am seeing on the website is aud1,900 equivalent to 490k Nigeria money. Please sum1 shld help oo , hope amnt on the wrong site. See the attachment
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Scholar212(m): 11:42am On May 28, 2020
Experience4u:
Like stated, after assessment you will be given positive assessment as MLT code 311213. If you don't want to write the professional exam you can remain an MLT. You can as well apply for nomination with MLT.

If you have the money you can prepare and write the exam in SA or UK or you can write it onshore after getting nomination and Granted.

please I am a medical laboratory scientist, one year and half working experience In a hospital while still searching for internship placement. Any link to detailed description on how a MLS can get their PR from scratch. Let me start planning and working towards it
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by timagentms: 12:06pm On May 28, 2020
yungmin:

https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/ielts?gclid=Cj0KCQjwn7j2BRDrARIsAHJkxmwHQlZDNKf1LyShplO0Ict-bXBLHrgUITYqxY5AppjzuAkwGKaI2k0aAhH7EALw_wcB

https://pearsonpte.com/

where are you based? pls remember this is a DIY section. You have to find away to be able to get some of these info personally.

I based in Osogbo Sir. Pls what info, I don't understand sir

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by mamatwiny(f): 8:16pm On May 28, 2020
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 1:27am On May 29, 2020
Ormoretayour:
Please anyone with idea of the TRA assessment fees? I was told its shldnt be more than 250k bt what am seeing on the website is aud1,900 equivalent to 490k Nigeria money. Please sum1 shld help oo , hope amnt on the wrong site. See the attachment

it's clear from the post - $1000

$900 is payment for reassessment if the first assessment turns out negative.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Aussie2doc: 5:02am On May 29, 2020
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by cola1: 8:48am On May 29, 2020
DorianD:

Pls sir, would EA accept TOEFL

Yes they do accept the internet base test.

You should go to their website and download MSA booklet for detailed info

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bligs: 10:44am On May 29, 2020
Aussie2doc:
I need the gurus to advise me. I am a medical doctor in private practice in Nigeria. I decided to relocate this last December so I did the part 1 of the board exam AMC MCQ and passed. I got a job in Australia so I am processing my limited registeration and my employer is sponsoring my TSS visa. I will be eligible for PR only after 3yrs of working with the employer on TSS VISA but I am 41 years this last march. If with this COVID 19, I can't resume earlier than march then by the time I am eligible for PR, I will be 45yrs old which will be the cut off point. I have another route which is to pass the clinical exam as soon as possible and after working for one year then I will be eligible for general registeration. With that I will get 65points immediately and by the time I add my age it is 80 already. With IELTS it will be more than 90. However I don't know wether the job will give me adequate time to read as the job I got is leading me directly to becoming a consultant GP in just 3yrs plus( subject to passing exams through PEP program too) So the last option is where I need advice. I am thinking of applying for PR directly while on TSS visa as a medical and welfare manager for 190subtype. I need vetasses. I started paying myself one million naira monthly salary just two months ago directly from my hospital account ( I am actually doing well in Nigeria in terms of money but I need better life and future for the kids) . So, I want to claim 10yrs experience as a manager using my clinic. But I am the manager and in the form, I need to fill the name of my employer. Should I just arrange a friend to do that? This is not fraud but I just don't know how to do it. The hospital is real. I make profit of more than three million per month so it is not fraud but I heard vetasses will call the employer and I am my employer so that is the problem. I need to get 8 points in IELTS but I know I can do that. My wife needs to get 6 points in IELTs and I think she can do that too. I hope to kick-start the PR visa before travelling on TSS visa so I won't be attached to my employer for the next 5 years. Although the money is good. A rural area with an initial 150k Australia dollars and within 3yrs I should be grossing up to 400k dollars as a VR GP by his grace. I am excited but I also need to secure this PR. If this don't work, them I will have to pass the clinical exam by fire by force before I finish my year 1 under supervision so I can get general registration and apply before 45
Alternatively, check whether the regional area is under DAMA program and negotiate with your employer to try the program upon arriving because age is usually wave if you are applying under this program.
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/employing-and-sponsoring-someone/sponsoring-workers/nominating-a-position/labour-agreements/designated-area-migration-agreements
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Actinium: 11:07am On May 29, 2020
Good day to all members of the forum, I have quite a situation here... I have a degree in Medical Laboratory Science, currently with 2years experience and counting, also I'm currently 28yrs old and also a 100L MBBS student in one of the Federal institutions. I hope to start my Australian PR with AIMS using my MLS degree while still going thru medical school. Now here are my questions;

1. All things being equal, I'll get my PR visa before graduating, can I soft land before my IED and come back to finish up the degree?

2. Will the medical degree be beneficial to me in the long run in Australia since I'll have just little experience by then, because I read getting into practice is not so easy. Tho I hope to write the AMC exams after I settle in.

Your candid advice will be well appreciated.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nitrobenzene: 11:13am On May 29, 2020
Good day my people

My name is Chris. My wife studied Cooperative Economics and management and has been working in a management company for more than 3 years now. She scored L8.5, R7.5, W7.0, S8.0 in IELTS. I don’t know the immigration program suitable for her. Someone should help me out.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Aussie2doc: 11:54am On May 29, 2020
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nitrobenzene: 12:08pm On May 29, 2020
Nitrobenzene:
Good day my people

My name is Chris. My wife studied Cooperative Economics and management and has been working in a management company for more than 3 years now. She scored L8.5, R7.5, W7.0, S8.0 in IELTS. I don’t know the immigration program suitable for her. Someone should help me out.

Please urgent answer needed
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by DorianD(m): 1:44pm On May 29, 2020
cola1:

Yes they do accept the internet base test.

You should go to their website and download MSA booklet for detailed info
Thanks and Godbless
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Experience4u(m): 4:24pm On May 29, 2020
Sorry, but you have to read previous pages
Scholar212:
please I am a medical laboratory scientist, one year and half working experience In a hospital while still searching for internship placement. Any link to detailed description on how a MLS can get their PR from scratch. Let me start planning and working towards it
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Experience4u(m): 4:39pm On May 29, 2020
Why not assess as a Medical administrator.
You need just 5 years of practice to get a positive outcome
Aussie2doc:
I need the gurus to advise me. I am a medical doctor in private practice in Nigeria. I decided to relocate this last December so I did the part 1 of the board exam AMC MCQ and passed. I got a job in Australia so I am processing my limited registeration and my employer is sponsoring my TSS visa. I will be eligible for PR only after 3yrs of working with the employer on TSS VISA but I am 41 years this last march. If with this COVID 19, I can't resume earlier than march then by the time I am eligible for PR, I will be 45yrs old which will be the cut off point. I have another route which is to pass the clinical exam as soon as possible and after working for one year then I will be eligible for general registeration. With that I will get 65points immediately and by the time I add my age it is 80 already. With IELTS it will be more than 90. However I don't know wether the job will give me adequate time to read as the job I got is leading me directly to becoming a consultant GP in just 3yrs plus( subject to passing exams through PEP program too) So the last option is where I need advice. I am thinking of applying for PR directly while on TSS visa as a medical and welfare manager for 190subtype. I need vetasses. I started paying myself one million naira monthly salary just two months ago directly from my hospital account ( I am actually doing well in Nigeria in terms of money but I need better life and future for the kids) . So, I want to claim 10yrs experience as a manager using my clinic. But I am the manager and in the form, I need to fill the name of my employer. Should I just arrange a friend to do that? This is not fraud but I just don't know how to do it. The hospital is real. I make profit of more than three million per month so it is not fraud but I heard vetasses will call the employer and I am my employer so that is the problem. I need to get 8 points in IELTS but I know I can do that. My wife needs to get 6 points in IELTs and I think she can do that too. I hope to kick-start the PR visa before travelling on TSS visa so I won't be attached to my employer for the next 5 years. Although the money is good. A rural area with an initial 150k Australia dollars and within 3yrs I should be grossing up to 400k dollars as a VR GP by his grace. I am excited but I also need to secure this PR. If this don't work, them I will have to pass the clinical exam by fire by force before I finish my year 1 under supervision so I can get general registration and apply before 45
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Experience4u(m): 4:48pm On May 29, 2020
Nice plan.
With a positive assessment as MLT, you need to write MLS professional exam in South Africa or UK. You also need to score 20 points from IELTS or PTE so your point can be upto 90. With 90, there is high probability of getting 189.

If you get 189, you can do soft landing and go back to Nigeria. Before your visa expires, you need to come back to Australia and travel back again. But you will need to apply for Resident Return Visa anytime you want to come back to Aussie.

Your question of if the money is good.
YES, the money is good. But all these calculations depends on ASUU and FG as per strike levels.

It is achievable if you put your mind to it.

quote author=Actinium post=90081422]Good day to all members of the forum, I have quite a situation here... I have a degree in Medical Laboratory Science, currently with 2years experience and counting, also I'm currently 28yrs old and also a 100L MBBS student in one of the Federal institutions. I hope to start my Australian PR with AIMS using my MLS degree while still going thru medical school. Now here are my questions;

1. All things being equal, I'll get my PR visa before graduating, can I soft land before my IED and come back to finish up the degree?

2. Will the medical degree be beneficial to me in the long run in Australia since I'll have just little experience by then, because I read getting into practice is not so easy. Tho I hope to write the AMC exams after I settle in.

[/quote]
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Experience4u(m): 4:50pm On May 29, 2020
Goto anzscosearch and check which occupation she can assess for based on her job description
Nitrobenzene:
Good day my people

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nitrobenzene: 11:00pm On May 29, 2020
Experience4u:
Goto anzscosearch and check which occupation she can assess for based on her job description

Thanks a lot bro. I have sent you a mail. I wish to ask you a few questions privately.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Experience4u(m): 11:06pm On May 29, 2020
Pls do send your message here so others can benefit from it except it is personal.
Nitrobenzene:

Thanks a lot bro. I have sent you a mail. I wish to ask you a few questions privately.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Actinium: 6:34am On May 30, 2020
@Experience4u, thanks for the insight

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Lislekelsey: 9:11am On May 30, 2020
Hi guys. To help the people calculating their points better. And to avoid Bellong having to answer too many posts... Pls read carefully

Since the November 2019 change in points, anyone applying newly CANNOT APPLY WITH LESS THAN 90 POINTS FOR visa 190, and visa 189, 85 points for visa 491. People doing ICT, Engineering or Accounting courses will need 95 for visa 189 too.

.... so unless you have the requirements for 491 which mostly includes a job offer, you need to have 90 points to qualify for visa 190. And 90 for visa 189.

Here's an attached pic for march 2020 Australian immigrants points structure.

So.... 65 points iss now a myth. Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by mamatwiny(f): 9:38am On May 30, 2020
Aussie2doc:

I am a newbie here, but you can check the thread below;
https://www.nairaland.com/4214508/going-plab-exam-abandoning-residency

There are lots of medical docs there and someone posted of a way to get Aussie medical practitioner license fast via plab plus UK 1 year practice. The info their sounds strange to me cos it is not my field but I know it will make sense to you. You can also pchat some doctors in that thread that are already in Aussie.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by mamatwiny(f): 9:55am On May 30, 2020
Lislekelsey:
Hi guys. To help the people calculating their points better. And to avoid Bellong having to answer too many posts... Pls read carefully

Since the November 2019 change in points, anyone applying newly CANNOT APPLY WITH LESS THAN 90 POINTS FOR visa 190, and visa 189, 85 points for visa 491. People doing ICT, Engineering or Accounting courses will need 95 for visa 189 too.

.... so unless you have the requirements for 491 which mostly includes a job offer, you need to have 90 points to qualify for visa 190. And 90 for visa 189.

I think this is wrong for 190 and 491. That point you are seeing there for 190 is for family sponsored 190 and not for state sponsored stream. State can give you invitation with less than 90 as long as they are sponsoring your occupation and that you meet other requirements; for eg, some require you must have atleast one year job experience, some may state you must have worked in the noc not more than 3 years ago, some 5 years experience, English language requirement like proficient or superior English etc. The conditions are expressly stated in their websites. They state if your noc is eligible for 491 or 190. Lots of provinces doesn't need job offer. It is only NT , that may need a job offer

Though the cut off for 190 family sponsored has not gone below 90 for sometime now,it does not mean it cannot go below that. Qualified ppl should just enter pool as anything can happen.

You can use anzsco search to check the state sponsoring your occupation, their requirement and which visa class they sponsor for your sol

Belong and tunlex01, abeg come and clarify these points ooo.

3 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Shinningstar201: 1:17pm On May 30, 2020
Thank you
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 1:51pm On May 30, 2020
Lislekelsey:

65 is not a myth, few people have gotten ITA for 491 with 65 points and more. The image you posted is only for 189 and family sponsored 491 which is different from the state/regional 491.

190 and 491 have different criteria per state and per occupation.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 1:52pm On May 30, 2020
mamatwiny:

I think this is wrong for 190 and 491. That point you are seeing there for 190 is for family sponsored 190 and not for state sponsored stream. State can give you invitation with less than 90 as long as they are sponsoring your occupation and that you meet other requirements; for eg, some require you must have atleast one year job experience, some may state you must have worked in the noc not more than 3 years ago, some 5 years experience, English language requirement like proficient or superior English etc. The conditions are expressly stated in their websites. They state if your noc is eligible for 491 or 190. Lots of provinces doesn't need job offer. It is only NT , that may need a job offer

Though the cut off for 190 family sponsored has not gone below 90 for sometime now,it does not mean it cannot go below that. Qualified ppl should just enter pool as anything can happen.

You can use anzsco search to check the state sponsoring your occupation, their requirement and which visa class they sponsor for your sol

IT's family sponsored 491 not 190.
190 does not have family sponsorship route from DHA.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 1:53pm On May 30, 2020
Experience4u:
Nice plan.
With a positive assessment as MLT, you need to write MLS professional exam in South Africa or UK. You also need to score 20 points from IELTS or PTE so your point can be upto 90. With 90, there is high probability of getting 189.

If you get 189, you can do soft landing and go back to Nigeria. Before your visa expires, you need to come back to Australia and travel back again. But you will need to apply for Resident Return Visa anytime you want to come back to Aussie.

Your question of if the money is good.
YES, the money is good. But all these calculations depends on ASUU and FG as per strike levels.

It is achievable if you put your mind to it.

quote author=Actinium post=90081422]Good day to all members of the forum, I have quite a situation here... I have a degree in Medical Laboratory Science, currently with 2years experience and counting, also I'm currently 28yrs old and also a 100L MBBS student in one of the Federal institutions. I hope to start my Australian PR with AIMS using my MLS degree while still going thru medical school. Now here are my questions;

@actinium, in addition, you can only land and come back if you got 189 or 190 visa. 491 wont allow you do that cos you will need to meet the requirement for 191 PR after 3 years
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 1:55pm On May 30, 2020
Shinningstar201:
Good day all. This Aussie journey is still strange to me (started reading the thread extensively today)

Please I need your assistance in ascertaining if my family can push ahead.

Age 34yrs

OND, Accountancy - 2 years, Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro 2006
B.Sc, International Relations - 4 years, OAU 2010

Been working in a bank as a Relationship/Account Officer since early 2014.

IELTS - L8.5, R7, W7 & S8

Hubby

36yrs

B.Sc Economics - Delta State University, Abraka, 2008

IELTS L6, R5.5, W6 & S6.5

Has 4years experience in a terminal as an operator/scanner

tunlex01, Bellong and everyone.

Thank you

Both occupations are not available on the occupation list.

Try Student visa option or another country
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Ormoretayour: 3:44pm On May 30, 2020
tunlex01:

Tanx tunlex01, nice and straightforward response... appreciate, now I understand...

it's clear from the post - $1000

$900 is payment for reassessment if the first assessment turns out negative.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Experience4u(m): 4:46pm On May 30, 2020
I don't think your info is exactly correct.
Nomination depends on occupation. Some occupation like Poultry farmer or Fitter can get you nomination at 65 to 75 points while some occupation like ICT Or engineering you will need like 80 to 95 points.

However, by July occupation ceiling will be revised and those occupations on special conditions may be revised back to normal.
Lislekelsey:

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Experience4u(m): 4:48pm On May 30, 2020
Apt!
mamatwiny:

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Bodacious1: 11:05pm On May 30, 2020
Hello,

Could you please expatiate on the emboldened text?

Experience4u:

I don't think your info is exactly correct.
Nomination depends on occupation. Some occupation like Poultry farmer or Fitter can get you nomination at 65 to 75 points while some occupation like ICT Or engineering you will need like 80 to 95 points.

However, by July occupation ceiling will be revised and those occupations on special conditions may be revised back to normal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.