Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,019 members, 7,799,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (256) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (801342 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (387) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by MrsJoycey1: 5:24pm On Jun 28, 2020
Experience4u:
Your husband should go ahead and file for assessment since he is a Medical Laboratory Scientist, his assessment shall be positive. He should also strive to make 20 points if he is above 40 yrs. You also need to write English exam so you can add 5 points to him.

For whether one can get positive assessment with the Vetassess as a lecturer without PGDE, I don't think that is a must.

Thanks!!

I have taken IELTS: RWSL/ 8,7.5,7.5,7.5 (5points to him) and think a positive assessment will give him an additional 5points.

I wouldn't want to waste resources at this point. Is there any one who has assessed with vetassess for lecturing? Can you please share your experience?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by okunbor: 7:26pm On Jun 28, 2020
tunlex01:

What years were you awarded your HND and BEng respectively.
Operation is a division not a job role. What is your spouse's job function in Operation (job titles preferably).

Then check the occupation list to see the occupation you can nominate.
Visit www.anzscosearch.com
On the top middle page click "Lists" (on a laptop/computer) or click the Hamburger sign (3 horizontal lines) to select "Lists" if you are using a mobile device
Go through the 3 lists MLTSSL, STSOL and ROL
Click any of the occupations that best relate to what you do.
When you click the occupation, scroll down to 'Anzsco code' and scroll to 'Tasks'
Check if the tasks relate to the occupation you have selected.
Revert here with occupation(s) you deem relate to what you do and we will take it up from there

HND in Petroleum Engineering - 2001
B.Eng in Petroleum Engineering - 2005- Direct Entry into 300 level

Wife :
Banking Operation: Head of cash management unit.

On MLTSSL- I saw Petroleum Engineering occupation.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 28, 2020
Please i am a novice to this Australia permanent resident thing but i am interested. I studied Bsc Psychology but presently working as a private school teacher. How can i go about it?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jun 28, 2020
I am 38 years old
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:12pm On Jun 29, 2020
MrsJoycey1:

Thanks!!

I have taken IELTS: RWSL/ 8,7.5,7.5,7.5 (5points to him) and think a positive assessment will give him an additional 5points.

I wouldn't want to waste resources at this point. Is there any one who has assessed with vetassess for lecturing? Can you please share your experience?
Assessing as a University lecturer is one of the easiest occupations to assess with Vetassess if you have your MSc, employment documents and aligned job descriptions.

If it's not necessary, you can wait for your spouse's assessment result then.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:13pm On Jun 29, 2020
okunbor:

HND in Petroleum Engineering - 2001
B.Eng in Petroleum Engineering - 2005- Direct Entry into 300 level

Wife :
Banking Operation: Head of cash management unit.

On MLTSSL- I saw Petroleum Engineering occupation.

Visit EA website to read about the requirements for Petroleum Engineer. You will need to read the MSA booklet and write CDR. Do you have pension or tax statement for all the years?

Your spouse can assess as Financial institution branch manager if she is the head of a CMU. How long has she been managing the CMU?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by okunbor: 6:07pm On Jun 29, 2020
tunlex01:

Visit EA website to read about the requirements for Petroleum Engineer. You will need to read the MSA booklet and write CDR. Do you have pension or tax statement for all the years?

Your spouse can assess as Financial institution branch manager if she is the head of a CMU. How long has she been managing the CMU?

Thanks Tunlex01

Ok, I will download the MSA booklet and read. Pls .what is CDR? I have both the pension and tax statements for the years. We have not sat for the IELTS exam.

She is 2yrs plus as CMU, before CMU she was the head of tellers.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:56pm On Jun 30, 2020
okunbor:

Thanks Tunlex01

Ok, I will download the MSA booklet and read. Pls .what is CDR? I have both the pension and tax statements for the years. We have not sat for the IELTS exam.

She is 2yrs plus as CMU, before CMU she was the head of tellers.

when you review the website you will understand the CDR. For EA, you need to write English test before assessment.
she wont get point for experience then since it's about 2 years. She can assess as Financial Institution Branch manager
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by mamatwiny(f): 3:34pm On Jun 30, 2020
esgee8080:
Please i am a novice to this Australia permanent resident thing but i am interested. I studied Bsc Psychology but presently working as a private school teacher. How can i go about it?

You must have B.Ed and IELTS academic( 7.0 for reading and writing and 8.0 for speaking and listening grin ) to assess as a school teacher. Go through the link for more details;
https://www.aitsl.edu.au/migrate-to-australia
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Jesunitemi: 5:50pm On Jun 30, 2020
I have a positive assessment for University lecturer. No PGDE no PhD.
M.A. plus 9.5 years as at the time of assessment. One year was deducted and I have over 8 years according to them.

Hope this helps

MrsJoycey1:

Thanks!!

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by impactMAKER01: 9:10pm On Jun 30, 2020
Jesunitemi:
I have a positive assessment for University lecturer. No PGDE no PhD.
M.A. plus 9.5 years as at the time of assessment. One year was deducted and I have over 8 years according to them.

Hope this helps

Please would you like to share the process for your positive assessment?

Regards
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by hairbyuj(f): 10:44pm On Jun 30, 2020
Good day Everyone,

Has anyone done Assessment with TRA for Hair dressing Occupation.

What certificate did you submit?

how did you go about the trade test certificate

Please can we relate together please.

http:///2347061960316
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by hairbyuj(f): 10:45pm On Jun 30, 2020
Good day Everyone,

Has anyone done Assessment with TRA for Hair dressing Occupation.

What certificate did you submit?

how did you go about the trade test certificate

Please can we relate together please.

http:///2347061960316
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ebere272: 7:08am On Jul 01, 2020
I greet every one here, Oga Bellong and everyone else...
I need your input, I just finished my bachelor's of Nursing from QUT. I am thinking of exploring the Canada PR from here due to personal reasons.
I have read about the NANS, I just want to understand the process and know if it is easier than Australia..
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by kclub83(m): 11:16am On Jul 01, 2020
Good mornning house. Am new here and just planning how to start this immigration process. I have been trying to check the list of all the jobs one can be eligible to apply base on the links posted on the first page but the occupations are not loading. Pls how can I check? I want to know I if I can apply because I study BSc Public Administration and my wife BSc psychology. Presently working in a microfinance bank. I have experience as customer service and also relationship officer.
Pls I will appreciate ur reply to my message. Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by mamatwiny(f): 12:23pm On Jul 01, 2020
Please I want to know if anyone has been able to get employer sponsored work visa from offshore and how he/she was able to achieve that.

Also any news on the new immigration year? When are the states getting new quota for the year?

Editted
I just saw this. October is far oo. Let us hope it comes earlier

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Mamabigboy: 1:51pm On Jul 01, 2020
mamatwiny:
Please I want to know if anyone has been able to get employer sponsored work visa from offshore and how he/she was able to achieve that.

Also any news on the new immigration year? When are the states getting new quota for the year?

Editted
I just saw this. October is far oo.

I also saw the message and I became weak. It is well.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Jesunitemi: 7:29pm On Jul 01, 2020
I applied, paid and submitted certified true copies of the following:
All certificates
Appointment letter
Promotion letter
2 reference letters
Pay slips
I also applied for my transcripts to be sent to VETASSESS directly by the universities I attended.
Take note that my 1st degree was graded associate degree and my Masters graded as bachelors. But I got a positive assessment and my first year at work was not counted for me. However I still had sufficient number of years to claim the maximum points for work experience.
I wish you the best.

impactMAKER01:

Please would you like to share the process for your positive assessment?

Regards
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 4:20am On Jul 02, 2020
ebere272:
I greet every one here, Oga Bellong and everyone else...
I need your input, I just finished my bachelor's of Nursing from QUT. I am thinking of exploring the Canada PR from here due to personal reasons.
I have read about the NANS, I just want to understand the process and know if it is easier than Australia..

You should ask the question on Canada PR thread. You will get better and proper information there

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 4:21am On Jul 02, 2020
kclub83:
Good mornning house. Am new here and just planning how to start this immigration process. I have been trying to check the list of all the jobs one can be eligible to apply base on the links posted on the first page but the occupations are not loading. Pls how can I check? I want to know I if I can apply because I study BSc Public Administration and my wife BSc psychology. Presently working in a microfinance bank. I have experience as customer service and also relationship officer.
Pls I will appreciate ur reply to my message. Thanks

Are you the manager in customer service?

What does your wife do?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 4:23am On Jul 02, 2020
mamatwiny:

Editted
I just saw this. October is far oo. Let us hope it comes earlier

Yes, there have been people who got it. You can get a job by going through ads on Seek, Indeed and other job platforms. It is easier when the employer is unable to fill that position locally.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by mamatwiny(f): 7:08am On Jul 02, 2020
Update by ACS in June on electronic subjects for ICT assessment.

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by impactMAKER01: 10:11am On Jul 02, 2020
Jesunitemi:
I applied, paid and submitted certified true copies of the following:
All certificates
Appointment letter
Promotion letter
2 reference letters
Pay slips
I also applied for my transcripts to be sent to VETASSESS directly by the universities I attended.
Take note that my 1st degree was graded associate degree and my Masters graded as bachelors. But I got a positive assessment and my first year at work was not counted for me. However I still had sufficient number of years to claim the maximum points for work experience.
I wish you the best.

Thank you so much for your timeous responses. I have all the required documents except the research publication aspect. Just a little bit worried since they require evidence of publication
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by godguy: 11:12am On Jul 03, 2020
@mamatwiny @tunlex01@Bodacious @Ajayidebo @farnet

Good morning all,

Thank you so much for this educative and informative thread. I am confused on where to start from.Here is my detail

Wife and I - BSc Mathematical Sciences (option in Statistics) - 4 years course in a State Uni
Wife
6 years exp in Civil service as Statistician

Myself
BSc Mathematical Sciences (option in Statistics) 4 years course in a State University (Nigeria), MBA with option in Data Mining (1 year) and some professional certifications (Oracle certifications)
Exp: 10 years exp as Database Admin
i have worked in 4 companies (i dont have most of my past payslips, i have closed one of the past salary account)
I can only account for like 4-5 years (payslips)

I want my Wife to stand as the principal to apply as Statistician

Please i need a guide and help on how to start, where to start from. sequence of things to do.

I have checked https://www.seekvisa.com.au/sol/statistician/, here the Visa categories statistician is listed:
489, 482, 407, 189, 190, 186, 187, 491, 494

thanks

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by mamatwiny(f): 11:24am On Jul 03, 2020
godguy:

Good morning all,

Thank you so much for this educative and informative thread. I am confused on where to start from.Here is my detail

Wife and I - BSc Mathematical Sciences (option in Statistics)
Wife

Myself
BSc Mathematical Sciences (option in Statistics),MBA and some professional certifications
i have worked in 4 companies (i dont have most of my past payslips, i have closed one of the past salary account)

Please i need a guide and help on how to start, where to start from. sequence of things to do.

I have checked https://www.seekvisa.com.au/sol/statistician/, here the Visa categories statistician is listed:

thanks

While we wait for the ogas, statistician is a professional skill (level 1) I and requires a bachelor's. Kindly edit/ update your info to include the school the stats BSc was gotten and how many years each. Also list your professional certifications..
Statistician is accessed by Vetasses. You can check out their requirements via the link below before the bosses comes for the personal touch.

https://www.vetassess.com.au/skills-assessment-for-migration/professional-occupations/application-process
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by godguy: 12:53pm On Jul 03, 2020
mamatwiny:

While we wait for the ogas, statistician is a professional skill (level 1) I and requires a bachelor's. Kindly edit/ update your info to include the school the stats BSc was gotten and how many years each. Also list your professional certifications..
Statistician is accessed by Vetasses. You can check out their requirements via the link below before the bosses comes for the personal touch.

https://www.vetassess.com.au/skills-assessment-for-migration/professional-occupations/application-process

done, thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 1:32pm On Jul 03, 2020
godguy:

done, thanks
With a state uni, your wife can not assess as a Statistician which is a level 1 occupation.

You also do not have the required educational qualifications to assess as a DB Admin. I am not sure if ACS or TRA will consider an MBA even though it's Data mining option; it's still not a Computer science degree
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by godguy: 2:29pm On Jul 03, 2020
tunlex01:

With a state uni, your wife can not assess as a Statistician which is a level 1 occupation.

You also do not have the required educational qualifications to assess as a DB Admin. I am not sure if ACS or TRA will consider an MBA even though it's Data mining option; it's still not a Computer science degree

Please can you clarify on that, are State tertiary institutions not approved? School is Kogi State Uni.

Is there list of approved institutions?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by mamatwiny(f): 3:01pm On Jul 03, 2020
godguy:

Please can you clarify on that, are State tertiary institutions not approved? School is Kogi State Uni.

Is there list of approved institutions?

Only tier 1 schools from Nigeria are classified as equivalent to Australia bachelor's and we have only 3 of such schools ; UNILAG, Uni of Ibadan , FUTA . If you didn't study in the above schools, your course should be a 5year course to qualify.

My advise would have been for your wife to look for any other trade course closely related to statistician and assess, but i cannot advise on any now as all state sponsorship are closed. The occupation to be assessed must be one that at least one state is sponsoring.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by godguy: 3:11pm On Jul 03, 2020
mamatwiny:

Only tier 1 schools from Nigeria are classified as equivalent to Australia bachelor's and we have only 3 of such schools ; UNILAG, Uni of Ibadan , FUTA . If you didn't study in the above schools, your course should be a 5year course to qualify.

My advise would have been for your wife to look for [b]any other trade course closely related to statistician [/b]and assess, but i cannot advise on any now as all state sponsorship are closed. The occupation to be assessed must be one that at least one state is sponsoring.

Thanks for your response,
@ bolded, assessed by different body?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by mamatwiny(f): 3:16pm On Jul 03, 2020
godguy:

Thanks for your response,
@ bolded, assessed by different body?

I have just checked but didn't see anyone that is closely related that is qualified for skilled migration.
Your wife can check the occupation list and job description to see if there is any occupation that matches her job description in skill level 2.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 12:39pm On Jul 04, 2020
godguy:

Good morning all,

Wife and I - BSc Mathematical Sciences (option in Statistics) - 4 years course in a State Uni
Wife

Myself
BSc Mathematical Sciences (option in Statistics) 4 years course in a State University (Nigeria), MBA with option in Data Mining (1 year) and some professional certifications (Oracle certifications)

thanks

You can go through the RPL route with ACS but you need to account for those years. Something to proof your 10yrs of work experience so you still have some years left to claim experience points.

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (387) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: ekitimanalways(m), johnikwoyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.