Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,274 members, 7,807,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (804295 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Mamasunshine: 11:55am On Sep 22, 2020
tunlex01:

How many years of experience do you have?
Unfortunately only 3.5 years as a university lecturer.
Thanks. Let me share my complete profile.
IELTS LRWS: 9,9,7.5,7.5 (unfortunately didn't remark as my target was Canadian PR).
IST degree AAU Ekpoma (Medical Laboratory Science) 2005
2nd degree : UK uni. 2013
Experience 2017 - present university lecturer.
Jan 2014 - Jan 2015 Research scientist at a research institute
Nov 2011 - august 2012 lab scientist.
Other experiences are older than 10 years.
I don't think I can assess as a medical laboratory technician or scientist with these.
Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by FreshBoss007: 11:00pm On Sep 22, 2020
with the pandemic, it seems vetassess and the Australian PR is temporarily on hold?

Just asking
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by u3fine(m): 11:14pm On Sep 22, 2020
@ Bellong, tunlex01, pls advice:
Can I access as a gardener with my bachelors degree in Botany?
I have some supervisory role of gardeners but willing to tweak my experience to corresponds with a gardener

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 10:14am On Sep 23, 2020
Mamasunshine:

Unfortunately only 3.5 years as a university lecturer.
Thanks. Let me share my complete profile.
IELTS LRWS: 9,9,7.5,7.5 (unfortunately didn't remark as my target was Canadian PR).
IST degree AAU Ekpoma (Medical Laboratory Science) 2005
2nd degree : UK uni. 2013
Experience 2017 - present university lecturer.
Jan 2014 - Jan 2015 Research scientist at a research institute
Nov 2011 - august 2012 lab scientist.
Other experiences are older than 10 years.
I don't think I can assess as a medical laboratory technician or scientist with these.
Thanks

Your profile fits what someone shared with me some minutes ago. I have given a response to him, check with him. You have two options as I discussed as a University lecturer and MLT.

3 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 10:15am On Sep 23, 2020
FreshBoss007:
with the pandemic, it seems vetassess and the Australian PR is temporarily on hold?

Just asking
Not at all. They are both still working.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 10:17am On Sep 23, 2020
u3fine:
@ Bellong, tunlex01, pls advice:
Can I access as a gardener with my bachelors degree in Botany?
I have some supervisory role of gardeners but willing to tweak my experience to corresponds with a gardener
Yes, you should be able to assess for that with your degree but not sure about states nominating the 2 gardening occupations.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by u3fine(m): 11:52am On Sep 23, 2020
Alternatively, can i assess as an Arborist?
tunlex01:

Yes, you should be able to assess for that with your degree but not sure about states nominating the 2 gardening occupations.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by toayojj: 3:38pm On Sep 23, 2020
FreshBoss007:

Just asking

Just to encourage us all on this journey. I assessed with VETASSESS for Valuer.

I applied for priority process,
paid on 11th of September 2020
got receipt on 14th Septemeber 2020
got a mail from VETASSESS approving that I was eligible for priority process 16th September 2020
got my positive outcome letter on 19th September 2020 (date on the letter was even 17th September 2020).

I claimed 11 years plus (including NYSC) work experience, but got 9 years as positive. NYSC wasn't considered and 1 year from my experience (1st employment) was used to calculate the qualifying period required to meet the skill level of the nominated or closely related ANZCO occupation.

meaning, if all is in order, the assessment process is done speedily. I was actually looking forward to September 30th, 2020 (considering the 10 business days timeline for priority process) for the outcome letter and it happened in 4days.

I wish us all the best in the process!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Mamasunshine: 3:42pm On Sep 23, 2020
tunlex01:

Your profile fits what someone shared with me some minutes ago. I have given a response to him, check with him. You have two options as I discussed as a University lecturer and MLT.
Thanks for your response. Though I can't find the post you referred to. Also as I have not practiced in a diagnostic lab in the last 5 years which is a requirement for MLT, I may not be qualified for that. I'm very grateful for your response.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by inagbe1: 5:12pm On Sep 23, 2020
toayojj:

Just to encourage us all on this journey. I assessed with VETASSESS for Valuer.

I applied for priority process,
paid on 11th of September 2020
got receipt on 14th Septemeber 2020
got a mail from VETASSESS approving that I was eligible for priority process 16th September 2020
got my positive outcome letter on 19th September 2020 (date on the letter was even 17th September 2020).

I claimed 11 years plus (including NYSC) work experience, but got 9 years as positive. NYSC wasn't considered and 1 year from my experience (1st employment) was used to calculate the qualifying period required to meet the skill level of the nominated or closely related ANZCO occupation.

meaning, if all is in order, the assessment process is done speedily. I was actually looking forward to September 30th, 2020 (considering the 10 business days timeline for priority process) for the outcome letter and it happened in 4days.

I wish us all the best in the process!
Good evening and congratulations on your positive assessment. Please how did you make your payment.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by toayojj: 7:15pm On Sep 23, 2020
inagbe1:
Good evening and congratulations on your positive assessment. Please how did you make your payment.

Many thanks.

A family friend made the payment for me over there. I transferred the Naira Equivalent of the AUD and payment was made via my VETASSESS application profile with his bank card or so.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by inagbe1: 8:05pm On Sep 23, 2020
toayojj:

Many thanks.

A family friend made the payment for me over there. I transferred the Naira Equivalent of the AUD and payment was made via my VETASSESS application profile with his bank card or so.
Ok, thanks a lot.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Experience4u(m): 10:45pm On Sep 23, 2020
If you can tailor your JD to appear supervisory in nature, you stand a chance of getting a positive assessment. You need also to include your internship and NYSC jobs.

Alternatively, you can assess as a university lecturer
Mamasunshine:

Thanks for your response. Though I can't find the post you referred to. Also as I have not practised in a diagnostic lab in the last 5 years which is a requirement for MLT, I may not be qualified for that. I'm very grateful for your response.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Mcslize: 4:02am On Sep 24, 2020
tunlex01:

Hello tunlex, you once sent me that PTE 79+ test practice on WhatsApp sometime ago prior to getting your grant.

The PDF was on my phone. Just 11 of this month, my phone was stolen, thereby losing all my files. I will kindly appreciate your kind gesture once again.

Pls, can you help forward the PDF to my email?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Goodies1: 10:24pm On Sep 24, 2020
Hello great people, please advise: i know pension or tax is required as a further proof of work.
So I'm asking....must the pension statement cover the total number of years one is claiming?
My company starts pension after confirmation (at 6 months); I intend to claim 1 year experience but pension will only reflect for six months.
This caveat is however clearly stated in my offer letter.
Will this fly with Vetassses pls as I can't get tax clearance?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 10:00am On Sep 25, 2020
Goodies1:
Hello great people, please advise: i know pension or tax is required as a further proof of work.
So I'm asking....must the pension statement cover the total number of years one is claiming?
My company starts pension after confirmation (at 6 months); I intend to claim 1 year experience but pension will only reflect for six months.
This caveat is however clearly stated in my offer letter.
Will this fly with Vetassses pls as I can't get tax clearance?
it will fly with Vetassess. Vetassess is not keen on tax or pension....payslips, reference letter and bank statement are important to them.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by JayMaine: 6:13pm On Sep 26, 2020
tunlex01:

Read the first few pages.
Also, what's your full profile? I cannot advise based on the occupation only.

Educational qualifications with dates awarded
Awarding University(ies)
Course of study
Job title(s)
Years of experience
If you are married, provide your spouse's details in the same order as above

Egbon @Tunlex01

Please advise ; this is a humble plea egbon, edakun.
ME
Age 36
IELTS : Results not out yet
Degree: BSc 2006
Awarding University: ABU, Zx
Course of study: Mass Communication
Current job title: Head of News (TV)
Post Grad Years of experience: 11 ( excludes NYSC)
Married with 4 kids

SPOUSE
Age 40
English test result: same as mine
Educational
1st Degree: BTech Biochemistry 2007
2nd Degree: MSc Disaster and Risk management
Awarding University(ies): FUTMx and ABU Zx respectively
Job title(s): Health and Safety Officer in a private school
Years of experience: 10

Please advise what visa class best applies to us; and when is the best time to begin EA.

Thank you very much.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by JayMaine: 6:31pm On Sep 26, 2020
JayMaine:

Egbon @Tunlex01

ME
Age 36
Married with 4 kids

SPOUSE
Age 40

Please advise what visa class best applies to us; and when is the best time to begin EA.

Thank you very much.

Updates:
My spouse's MSc is still pending courtesy Covid-19
He has a number of local and international HSE and GIS certifications as well
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Priceless25: 9:05pm On Sep 26, 2020
@Bellong.. Please can I list my brother as a sponsor and still list his children (3) as my dependents? I'm really in a tight spot here.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 11:30pm On Sep 26, 2020
Priceless25:
@Bellong.. Please can I list my brother as a sponsor and still list his children (3) as my dependents? I'm really in a tight spot here.

I don't really understand your question because I don't know why you need your brother as a sponsor for skill migration except you want him to nominate you on family nomination.

If it is for study visa, yes you can add him as a sponsor but his kids cannot be your dependent when you are technically depending on him.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Priceless25: 11:52pm On Sep 26, 2020
@Bellong... thank you for your time, it's actually for a study visa
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Mcslize: 4:43am On Sep 27, 2020
tunlex01:

it will fly with Vetassess. Vetassess is not keen on tax or pension....payslips, reference letter and bank statement are important to them.

Hello tunlex, I was surprised you didn't reply my earlier quote. I believed it was an oversight? I understand. I am not asking for your number bros. Don't just allow your mind to go there. I am not trying to keep in touch with you too. It's just a pdf I believe u have that I am requesting nothing else.

If you observe very well, I have been following this thread for 4 yrs now, taking note of all information. If u can help with the pdf pls do. I need it that's why I am requesting it.

I am not asking for ur contact or anything else, it's just the pdf. So, I was surprised. At least a reply of I still have it or I do not have it again won't bite.

Simply ignoring someone's urgent humble request doesn't really seems cool. I love it when the person bluntly tell me NO or YES. A honest reply won't bite at all to prevent the person re-quoting you.

It is because I lost all my PTE PDF files. I didn't back them up. This particular one I got from u sometime ago is all I need.

Pls do kindly attend to my humble request.

Simply let me know if u still have the pdf in your archive. That's all. It is just the pdf I am looking for not any other assistance. Just the pdf so u can forward it to my email.

I hope you will not ignore this one this time bros.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by JayMaine: 8:31am On Sep 27, 2020
JayMaine:

Updates:
My spouse's MSc is still pending courtesy Covid-19
He has a number of local and international HSE and GIS certifications as well

Sir Bellong and Egbon Tunlex01 please come to my aid with your smart analysis, please.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by JayMaine: 1:16pm On Sep 27, 2020
Right now I'm just confused dot com. Wondering if I should asses as Journalist and other writers or as Television Journalist. Can anybody help me, please? Shared my profile earlier, a few posts above this one.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 4:17pm On Sep 27, 2020
Mcslize:

Hello tunlex, I was surprised you didn't reply my earlier quote. I believed it was an oversight? I understand. I am not asking for your number bros. Don't just allow your mind to go there. I am not trying to keep in touch with you too. It's just a pdf I believe u have that I am requesting nothing else.

If you observe very well, I have been following this thread for 4 yrs now, taking note of all information. If u can help with the pdf pls do. I need it that's why I am requesting it.

I am not asking for ur contact or anything else, it's just the pdf. So, I was surprised. At least a reply of I still have it or I do not have it again won't bite.

Simply ignoring someone's urgent humble request doesn't really seems cool. I love it when the person bluntly tell me NO or YES. A honest reply won't bite at all to prevent the person re-quoting you.

It is because I lost all my PTE PDF files. I didn't back them up. This particular one I got from u sometime ago is all I need.

Pls do kindly attend to my humble request.

Simply let me know if u still have the pdf in your archive. That's all. It is just the pdf I am looking for not any other assistance. Just the pdf so u can forward it to my email.

I hope you will not ignore this one this time bros.

Hello,
I did not ignore your post rather I forgot to respond here because immediately I read the post, I forwarded the pdf to you straightway.
Check your email 3 days ago.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 4:23pm On Sep 27, 2020
JayMaine:

Egbon @Tunlex01

ME
Age 36
Married with 4 kids

SPOUSE
Age 40
Educational

Thank you very much.

Journalist and TV journalist are all level 1 occupations which means your degree from ABU will not be able to assess for those occupations. If there is any level 2 occupation or below that you can assess relating to journalism, then you can go for it. Check the 3 occupation lists.

Your spouse can assess for a safety role with his BTech cos it's a 5 year course. Pls check the list to see the right safety occupation to assess as long as there are documents to back up the 10 years employment.

What are you doing with EA?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by oyetpel(m): 4:51pm On Sep 27, 2020
tunlex01:

Hello,
I did not ignore your post rather I forgot to respond here because immediately I read the post, I forwarded the pdf to you straightway.

I respect you here.

I was surprised when the guy queried cos i know you must have done something about it.

Respect boss.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Mcslize: 4:51pm On Sep 27, 2020
tunlex01:

Hello,

Thanks for forwarding.

But it seems I didn't get the message. I can't find it in my inbox. Pls kindly resend.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by JayMaine: 6:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
[quote author=tunlex01 post=94370528]

Journalist and TV journalist are all level 1 occupations which means your degree from ABU will not be able to assess for those occupations. If there is any level 2 occupation or below that you can assess relating to journalism, then you can go for it. Check the 3 occupation lists.

Your spouse can assess for a safety role with his BTech cos it's a 5 year course. Pls check the list to see the right safety occupation to assess as long as there are documents to back up the 10 years employment.

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by JayMaine: 6:30pm On Sep 27, 2020
tunlex01:

This is scary.

Is it all foreign degrees that can't assess as level 1 or just my degree from ABU? Every other occupation that has to do with journalism is Level 1 from what I've seen so far, boss.

My husband's Occupational Health and Safety Officer role is also a level 1 occupation. He has an FUTMx degree. His BTech degree was started in 200L - direct entry.

I said EA because I assumed EA is Educational Assessment grin grin grin grin

Any further advise on what to do at this moment will be life saving. Please help.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by JayMaine: 6:50pm On Sep 27, 2020
@Tunlex01 so I went reading up a few things again and came across this:

How we assess if your work is skilled
If you are applying for a Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa, you need to find the closest matching Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupation (ANZSCO) occupation for your current job or job offer. You must also be suitably qualified to do the job — your training and experience must match your occupation's ANZSCO skill level.

We assess your occupation as skilled if it:

is described in the ANZSCO as a skill level 1, 2 or 3 occupation, and it mostly matches the ANZSCO description of that occupation meets the pay rate threshold of NZD $25.50 per hour (or equivalent annual salary) or more, or is described in the ANZSCO as a skill level 4 or 5 occupation, and it mostly matches the ANZSCO description of that occupation meets the pay rate threshold of NZD $38.25 per hour (or equivalent annual salary) or more, or has no matching description in the ANZSCO and meets the pay rate threshold of NZD $38.25 per hour (or equivalent annual salary) or more.

And I went back to read this, too:

UNIT GROUP 2124 JOURNALISTS AND OTHER WRITERS

JOURNALISTS AND OTHER WRITERS research and compile news stories, write and edit news reports, commentaries and feature stories for presentation in print and electronic media, and compose written material to advertise goods and services.
Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:

Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).

Please forgive my naivety and point me in the right direction please. I no know jack!
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Experience4u(m): 7:20pm On Sep 27, 2020
For you to assess for skill 1 occupation, your degree must either be a 5 year course or obtained from Unilag, Futa,OAU or UI
Any thing short of this will lead to a negative outcome.

JayMaine:
@Tunlex01 so I went reading up a few things again and came across this:

How we assess if your work is skilled
If you are applying for a Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa, you need to find the closest matching Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupation (ANZSCO) occupation for your current job or job offer. You must also be suitably qualified to do the job — your training and experience must match your occupation's ANZSCO skill level.

We assess your occupation as skilled if it:

is described in the ANZSCO as a skill level 1, 2 or 3 occupation, and it mostly matches the ANZSCO description of that occupation meets the pay rate threshold of NZD $25.50 per hour (or equivalent annual salary) or more, or is described in the ANZSCO as a skill level 4 or 5 occupation, and it mostly matches the ANZSCO description of that occupation meets the pay rate threshold of NZD $38.25 per hour (or equivalent annual salary) or more, or has no matching description in the ANZSCO and meets the pay rate threshold of NZD $38.25 per hour (or equivalent annual salary) or more.

And I went back to read this, too:

UNIT GROUP 2124 JOURNALISTS AND OTHER WRITERS

JOURNALISTS AND OTHER WRITERS research and compile news stories, write and edit news reports, commentaries and feature stories for presentation in print and electronic media, and compose written material to advertise goods and services.
Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:

Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).

Please forgive my naivety and point me in the right direction please. I no know jack!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.