Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,565 members, 7,801,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (801974 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Temmybuky: 7:19am On Mar 19, 2023
bellong:

I am not an ICT person so might not be able to provide specific assistance except general counsel.

What exactly do you need?

Thanks for your response @bellong. I want someone that has gone through this route for more advice. I would not mind if you can refer me to someone that can help or even if anybody on this platform can help. I need this urgently. Please help in any way you can.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 8:23am On Mar 19, 2023
Temmybuky:

Thanks for your response @bellong. I want someone that has gone through this route for more advice. I would not mind if you can refer me to someone that can help or even if anybody on this platform can help. I need this urgently. Please help in any way you can.

Can you explain what you need advice about. It will make it easier for referral.

To begin with, what is your qualification? How many years of experience do you have in your proposed occupation and any previous experience in any occupation.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Temmybuky: 8:57am On Mar 19, 2023
bellong:

Can you explain what you need advice about. It will make it easier for referral.

To begin with, what is your qualification? How many years of experience do you have in your proposed occupation and any previous experience in any occupation.

Thanks for your response @bellong. I did Master of telecommunication engineering in Australia, and I have gotten a positive assessment with EA for Telecom Engineer through it. Also, I have already done an expression of interest in that skill in some states in Australia without claiming points for work experience because of some complexities involved from my employers in Nigeria. But I changed my career during COVID-19 and have been working as DevOps/Cloud Engineer for over a year. I want to rely on getting assessment from ACS and, if possible, get points for cloud/DevOps skills too. Firstly, I want to know the right ANZSCO role to apply for as a cloud/DevOps engineer is not specified explicitly on the list. Secondly, I want to know if I can do the Post Australian Study pathway as my degree is closely related to IT.

Thanks for always helping
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 9:15am On Mar 19, 2023
Temmybuky:

Thanks for your response @bellong. I did Master of telecommunication engineering in Australia, and I have gotten a positive assessment with EA for Telecom Engineer through it. Also, I have already done an expression of interest in that skill in some states in Australia without claiming points for work experience because of some complexities involved from my employers in Nigeria. But I changed my career during COVID-19 and have been working as DevOps/Cloud Engineer for over a year. I want to rely on getting assessment from ACS and, if possible, get points for cloud/DevOps skills too. Firstly, I want to know the right ANZSCO role to apply for as a cloud/DevOps engineer is not specified explicitly on the list. Secondly, I want to know if I can do the Post Australian Study pathway as my degree is closely related to IT.

Thanks for always helping

@Alphadoor, can you please help out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by DJMJ(m): 11:22am On Mar 19, 2023
[quote author=Bisunique25 post=121863371][/quote]

It is not about dexterity in this packages, can he get reference letter indicating that he does that as part of his duty at work? If yes, you are good to go. Remember to attach screen grab of drawings and pictures taking from site and anything that will prove your case. Best of luck.
And one more thing for everyone, attach your highest qualification even if you are not assessing for level 1 occupation.
My occupation was level 2, I attached my ND, HND and masters, vettasess recognised my masters, and I was able to claim 15 points for education.

2 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Bisunique25: 6:37pm On Mar 19, 2023
Thanks for the reply. Please which one is skill level 1 and 2 occupation please?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Saynoomore: 7:58pm On Mar 19, 2023
I realized all the virtual dollar card portals and platforms suddenly stopped working! is this deliberate or what exactly is happening?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Bisunique25: 12:06am On Mar 20, 2023
[quote author=DJMJ post=121874065]
Thank you so much, you have been so helpful. I guess hubby and I will have to chill for him to round up his master’s program next year in order to add to his HND for additional 5 points. Please how can I reach you?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Bisunique25: 12:26am On Mar 20, 2023
Thank you so much, you have been so helpful. I guess hubby and I will have to chill for him to round up his master’s program next year in order to add to his HND for additional 5 points. Please how can I reach you?
DJMJ:

It is not about dexterity in this packages, can he get reference letter indicating that he does that as part of his duty at work? If yes, you are good to go. Remember to attach screen grab of drawings and pictures taking from site and anything that will prove your case. Best of luck.
And one more thing for everyone, attach your highest qualification even if you are not assessing for level 1 occupation.
My occupation was level 2, I attached my ND, HND and masters, vettasess recognised my masters, and I was able to claim 15 points for education.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 7:28am On Mar 20, 2023
martins2021:
Please do Australia select universities for assessment? I finished from private university im Nigeria Lead City University will it be accepted? Do they also emphasize on grade?
Not the word ‘select’ but Nigerian tertiary institutions are ranked according to the Australian qualification framework AQF.
Nigeria education profile has been updated by NUC since 2008 with, the last time I checked and this affects the classification of our qualifications.
So a Lead City university is a tier 2 Uni and for some assessing bodies, you can only do a level 2 or below occupational assessment if you studied a 4 year course. If your course was 5 years, then you can do a level 1 and below.
And lastly, grades do not matter
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Saverin: 8:54am On Mar 20, 2023
My occupation has two assessment authority. How do I go about this?

Bellong pls help
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by abiye27: 12:10pm On Mar 20, 2023
Hello all, please I have a Bsc in Agricultural economics 2016, I work as an assistant lecturer for a year, now I work as an offshore construction superintendent. I am between the ages of 25-33. What can I do ?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by abiye27: 12:19pm On Mar 20, 2023
abiye27:
Hello all, please I have a Bsc in Agricultural economics 2016, I work as an assistant lecturer for a year, now I work as an offshore construction superintendent. I am between the ages of 25-33. What can I do ?
@bellong
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Happyfellow147: 4:20pm On Mar 20, 2023
Hello everyone,

Please pathway what do you advice I take for Australian PR?
I'm a chartered accountant, worked for 7+ years and currently studying for MSc in Finance in the UK, would be done by the end of the year.
Hubby is a lawyer, he has less than 1 year of legal practice experience but is doing care work here in the UK.
I'm also doing care work here as well and in addition to my Finance background, I'm taking courses in data analytics. My age range is 30-35.

With my experience in the UK, I really don't want to go to any country via study route except it's my last option.
Can I get PR to Australia?
Can anyone help with guidance?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Ogetours: 1:04pm On Mar 22, 2023
Hello everyone, thanks to all that provide answers to questions on this thread. My question is is it possible to get a positive skill assessment from Vetasses for a 4year Bsc from a Nigerian university like Imo State University? Course of study is Biochemistry.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ajayidebo: 6:22am On Mar 23, 2023
If your occupation is a skill level 1, the answer is no.

Ogetours:
Hello everyone, thanks to all that provide answers to questions on this thread. My question is is it possible to get a positive skill assessment from Vetasses for a 4year Bsc from a Nigerian university like Imo State University? Course of study is Biochemistry.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by hemekhar(m): 9:26am On Mar 23, 2023
Hello All,

I just came across this thread and its very informative.
I've been in Cybersecurity for 7 years and want to get as assessment done with ACS. Problem is I have a Bachelors in Elect/Elect Engineering from Covenant University. What do you think are my chances?

Also, for the payment parts, how can I go about the superannuation route to show? What do I need to request from my PFA?

Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Mojisolais: 5:02pm On Mar 24, 2023
Hi everyone,

I'm an accounting graduate trying to do a skill assessment with CPA Australia, I realised they are asking for curriculum in addition to the transcript. I'd appreciate a guide in getting this from a Nigerian university, if anyone has an experience to share.

Thanks!
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Temmybuky: 5:03am On Mar 25, 2023
I did Master of telecommunication engineering in Australia and got a positive assessment with EA for Telecom Engineer through it. Also, I have already done an expression of interest in that skill in some states in Australia without claiming points for work experience because of some complexities involved from my employers in Nigeria. But I changed my career during COVID-19 and have been working as DevOps/Cloud Engineer for over a year. I want to rely on getting assessment from ACS and, if possible, get points for cloud/DevOps skills too. Firstly, I want to know the right ANZSCO role to apply for as a cloud/DevOps engineer is not specified explicitly on the list. Secondly, I want to know if I can do the Post Australian Study pathway as my degree is closely related to IT.

Please, I need someone to help or refer me to someone that can.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:04pm On Mar 25, 2023
Saverin:
My occupation has two assessment authority. How do I go about this?

Bellong pls help
Check their respective requirements and timeline and go with the one you feel it's more suited to you
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:04pm On Mar 25, 2023
abiye27:
Construction and agriculture are not related. which occupation are you nominating?

P.S the age range is 25-32 not 33
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:08pm On Mar 25, 2023
Happyfellow147:
Hello everyone,

Please pathway what do you advice I take for Australian PR?
I'm a chartered accountant, worked for 7+ years and currently studying for MSc in Finance in the UK, would be done by the end of the year.
Hubby is a lawyer, he has less than 1 year of legal practice experience but is doing care work here in the UK.
I'm also doing care work here as well and in addition to my Finance background, I'm taking courses in data analytics. My age range is 30-35.

With my experience in the UK, I really don't want to go to any country via study route except it's my last option.
Can I get PR to Australia?
Can anyone help with guidance?

Couple of options:
Take your time to get internship or job in your fields while you are in UK, this is very key. You could use that to get an employer sponsorship visa

Apply for skill assessment and hope that a state will nominate. You may also get the federal nomination. There is already consultation to increase migration intake in July to about 400k and this may mean more nominations. So whoever is prepared will get to be taken.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:09pm On Mar 25, 2023
Ogetours:
No. Go for level 2 occupations
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:09pm On Mar 25, 2023
Mojisolais:
Hi everyone,

I'm an accounting graduate trying to do a skill assessment with CPA Australia, I realised they are asking for curriculum in addition to the transcript. I'd appreciate a guide in getting this from a Nigerian university, if anyone has an experience to share.

Thanks!
Speak to your department/faculty to obtain that if you dont have the documents.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:11pm On Mar 25, 2023
hemekhar:
Hello All,

I just came across this thread and its very informative.
I've been in Cybersecurity for 7 years and want to get as assessment done with ACS. Problem is I have a Bachelors in Elect/Elect Engineering from Covenant University. What do you think are my chances?

Also, for the payment parts, how can I go about the superannuation route to show? What do I need to request from my PFA?

Thanks
Chances are very slim but there is no harm in trying. You may get 1 or 2 years approved by ACS.
Speak to your PFA about that. They should be able to issue a pension statement that shows pension payments for the entire 7 years.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 2:14pm On Mar 25, 2023
Temmybuky:
I did Master of telecommunication engineering in Australia and got a positive assessment with EA for Telecom Engineer through it. Also, I have already done an expression of interest in that skill in some states in Australia without claiming points for work experience because of some complexities involved from my employers in Nigeria. But I changed my career during COVID-19 and have been working as DevOps/Cloud Engineer for over a year. I want to rely on getting assessment from ACS and, if possible, get points for cloud/DevOps skills too. Firstly, I want to know the right ANZSCO role to apply for as a cloud/DevOps engineer is not specified explicitly on the list. Secondly, I want to know if I can do the Post Australian Study pathway as my degree is closely related to IT.

Please, I need someone to help or refer me to someone that can.
Bros, you need to review the occupation list to get a closely related occupation. You can do the pathway too.
If you need further clarification, shoot an email to ACS directly.
The Employment board is going to update some new occupations especially IT and Data Analytics in the new year.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Happyfellow147: 8:05pm On Mar 25, 2023
Thank you very much
tunlex01:

Couple of options:
Take your time to get internship or job in your fields while you are in UK, this is very key. You could use that to get an employer sponsorship visa

Apply for skill assessment and hope that a state will nominate. You may also get the federal nomination. There is already consultation to increase migration intake in July to about 400k and this may mean more nominations. So whoever is prepared will get to be taken.

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by mateentechy: 10:44am On Mar 26, 2023
Hello All,

I am currently an ICT business analyst with over three years working experience. I have a masters degree in business and a CBAP IIBA certification in business analysis. I would like to hear from you regarding what best route to take.

Where to do an assessment, if required.

Which Visa category is more appropriate.

Thank you
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Mojisolais: 4:57pm On Mar 26, 2023
tunlex01:

Speak to your department/faculty to obtain that if you dont have the documents.

Many thanks for your response. I have actually reached out to the dept and they said no one has asked for such and it's difficult to get as many updates have been done since I left the school (OAU). I'd appreciate ideas from anyone that has done this in my school or with other ideas of alternatives to the curriculum. Thanks!
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by hemekhar(m): 5:55pm On Mar 26, 2023
tunlex01:

Chances are very slim but there is no harm in trying. You may get 1 or 2 years approved by ACS.
Speak to your PFA about that. They should be able to issue a pension statement that shows pension payments for the entire 7 years.

Thank you, I appreciate the response.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by hemekhar(m): 3:16pm On Mar 27, 2023
tunlex01:

Thank you.
Also, I have references from my previous employers addressed to a school in Australia when I was trying the admission route. Can I use them or do I have to get a new reference addressed to ACS?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.