Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,273 members, 7,807,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (804291 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Obyknow(m): 1:11pm On Aug 29, 2018
Good afternoon house,

Would love someone to kindly help assess my chances of getting to Australia via PR route based on this profile
Education: B.Eng Petroleum Engineering(2017)FUTO
Experience: None ,only industrial attachment experience
English test score: Haven't written IELT,intend writing it soon won't have a problem acing it
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Rach90: 1:13pm On Aug 29, 2018
Hello everyone!! who has successful assessed as a customer service manager? Please I urgently need your help
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by connectgt: 1:15pm On Aug 29, 2018
@aussy4life. I appreciate you. I have the VETASSESS address now.
I am actually considering HR adviser, but there is a restriction placed on the visa type. Only 407, 489(S/T) and TSS(M) is available. Hence , I am thinking of Management consultant to enable me apply for either 189 or 190.

My concerns are;
1.) Should I nominate HR adviser which happens to be my experience strenght with visa 489 in mind?
2.) Is it possible to get PR visa later while living in Australia if I applied for 489 now?

Thanks.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Phlunter01: 11:02pm On Aug 29, 2018
connectgt:
@aussy4life. I appreciate you. I have the VETASSESS address now.
I am actually considering HR adviser, but there is a restriction placed on the visa type. Only 407, 489(S/T) and TSS(M) is available. Hence , I am thinking of Management consultant to enable me apply for either 189 or 190.

My concerns are;
1.) Should I nominate HR adviser which happens to be my experience strenght with visa 489 in mind?
2.) Is it possible to get PR visa later while living in Australia if I applied for 489 now?

Thanks.

I will suggest you search for the ANZSCO code job description for both occupations and decide which matches your work experience the most. I am guessing it will be HR adviser from your explanation. VETASSESS is a very strict body so it's better to choose the straightforward option

It's better you go for 489, it will eventually lead to a PR after 2 years of working in the region that nominated you. Read about the 489 visa it's not bad at all

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by lakola: 5:54am On Aug 30, 2018
Hello people. Just got my 489 grant NSW (Riverina)
Agricultural scientist
Assesment: January
English test: March Pte (81,82,83,74) LWSR
Nomination: April
Applied for visa: May 1
Applied May 1st.
Grant: 29th August
In Australia �� Already (Wagga Wagga)Chasing after 190 now.
Came in on student visa 1.5 year course, so getting another visa was imperative. Rounding up studies oct. 2018.
Thanks to everybody on this thread for their guidance.
I wish everybody well in their applications.

No CO contact

18 Likes

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Cottyekundayo(m): 5:57am On Aug 30, 2018
lakola:
Agricultural scientist
Applied May 1st.
Came in on student visa 1.5 year course, so getting another visa was imperative. Rounding up studies oct. 2018.

No CO contact
Happy days mate.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 6:04am On Aug 30, 2018
Cottyekundayo:

Happy days mate.

Are you still in Perth or moved to Sydney?

@lakola,

Congratulations. Now you have freedom to manage your studies. All the best.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Olvic: 6:29am On Aug 30, 2018
lakola:
Agricultural scientist
Applied May 1st.

No CO contact
congratulations I rejoice with you

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:38am On Aug 30, 2018
Congratulations @lakola

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Cottyekundayo(m): 8:16am On Aug 30, 2018
bellong:

Are you still in Perth or moved to Sydney?

@lakola,

Congratulations. Now you have freedom to manage your studies. All the best.
Baba , I moved to Sydney. Since January self. Thought I did update you.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 8:41am On Aug 30, 2018
Cottyekundayo:

Baba , I moved to Sydney. Since January self. Thought I did update you.

Yes you did. I think I mixed things up.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by connectgt: 8:43am On Aug 30, 2018
I will suggest you search for the ANZSCO code job description for both occupations and decide which matches your work experience the most. I am guessing it will be HR adviser from your explanation. VETASSESS is a very strict body so it's better to choose the straightforward option

It's better you go for 489, it will eventually lead to a PR after 2 years of working in the region that nominated you. Read about the 489 visa it's not bad at all [/quote]

@ Phlunter01; Many thanks to you. I may go with 489
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Fomskie(f): 8:58am On Aug 30, 2018
Hi guys, I already posted on this thread sometime back. Please, Biko, someone respond to a sister. Will my CISA Certificate qualify for AQF Diploma under ACS? If I need more points for qualification, can I apply to VETASSESS to have my ACA (ICAN) assessed as a degree? Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Fomskie(f): 8:59am On Aug 30, 2018
@ZoeW please assist a sister. Thanks.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Cottyekundayo(m): 9:06am On Aug 30, 2018
bellong:

Yes you did. I think I mixed things up.
No worries champion. Which city you @?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by ogbevireo(m): 9:43am On Aug 30, 2018
Fomskie:
Hi guys, I already posted on this thread sometime back. Please, Biko, someone respond to a sister. Will my CISA Certificate qualify for AQF Diploma under ACS? If I need more points for qualification, can I apply to VETASSESS to have my ACA (ICAN) assessed as a degree? Thanks

ACS is very specific on what certificates they recognise and what level of the AQF they equate to. So check the ACS hand book.

However, you can explore the RPL route. Consider your years of experience on the related job. Then give up some years (6), in place of a degree in ICT and related degrees.

Like I took the RPL route and my degree is in English. So I had to give up 6 years of my experience to get 15 points. I didn't assess my certifications just listed them.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Fomskie(f): 9:49am On Aug 30, 2018
@ogbevireo, thanks for your response. Please can you help with your copy of RPL? I need a guide; I understand their stand on plagiarism.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Alphadoor: 10:29am On Aug 30, 2018
ogbevireo:

ACS is very specific on what certificates they recognise and what level of the AQF they equate to. So check the ACS hand book.

However, you can explore the RPL route. Consider your years of experience on the related job. Then give up some years (6), in place of a degree in ICT and related degrees.

Like I took the RPL route and my degree is in English. So I had to give up 6 years of my experience to get 15 points. I didn't assess my certifications just listed them.

Fomskie:

I concur.

Also note that CISA is not listed as one of the recognized certifications (based on 2017 ACS guide though)
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jayooh: 11:31am On Aug 30, 2018
lakola:
Agricultural scientist
Applied May 1st.

No CO contact

Big congrats mate. May the land continually favour you. Good news elates the thread.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jayooh: 12:03pm On Aug 30, 2018
Cottyekundayo:

No worries champion. Which city you @?

Big boss, wadiddo?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by stepo707: 12:04pm On Aug 30, 2018
congrats @lakola

I believe more good news will keep coming every week or forthnightly henceforth
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jayooh: 12:10pm On Aug 30, 2018
stepo707:
congrats @lakola

I believe more good news will keep coming every week or forthnightly henceforth
Abeg every week or daily sef.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by afosahid: 1:08pm On Aug 30, 2018
Apologies for my late response. Amen and thanks for the prayers. Nominated occupation is Mechanical Engineer.

olumuyiwaoke:

congrats mate.

please what was your nominated occupation. you really had a smooth sail of the migration process, i pray the land favours you and yours .the land shall favour us (e-family ) all amen.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by stepo707: 1:20pm On Aug 30, 2018
jayooh:

Abeg every week or daily sef.
Amen bro.so shall it be
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jones2014: 5:36pm On Aug 30, 2018
lakola:
Big congrats Bro.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Mcslize: 5:42pm On Aug 30, 2018
lakola:
Agricultural scientist
Applied May 1st.

No CO contact

Congrat lakola,

I sent you an email. Kindly check. Kindly brief me about the 1.5 year course you did for your student visa. What's the total amount you incured for everything including school fees?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Cottyekundayo(m): 3:17am On Aug 31, 2018
jayooh:

Big boss, wadiddo?
Nothing much bra, how you been too? Sup with your movement na?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by simia(f): 5:03am On Aug 31, 2018
Hello house
Please how do I go about the remarking just got my result, do I wait for the remark or is it best to re-write it (I want the scores before I do my assessment)
listening - 8
reading -8
writing- 6
speaking- 8.5
(IELTS)

Thank you
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:04am On Aug 31, 2018
simia:
Hello house
Please how do I go about the remarking just got my result, do I wait for the remark or is it best to re-write it (I want the scores before I do my assessment)
listening - 8
reading -8
writing- 6
speaking- 8.5
(IELTS)
Thank you
Wow! These IELTS people are wicked o. And dey get mind release this kind result! Nne, biko remark sharp sharp....your brain pass to score 6 in writing as evident in L,RandS. Except if your handwriting is like that of my Doctor friend. To remark, read and follow the instruction in the link.

https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/ielts/results
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by simia(f): 6:29am On Aug 31, 2018
Thank you.
koleefem05:
Wow! These IELTS people are wicked o. And dey get mind release this kind result! Nne, biko remark sharp sharp....your brain pass to score 6 in writing as evident in L,RandS. Except if your handwriting is like that of my Doctor friend. To remark, read and follow the instruction in the link.

https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/ielts/results

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by stifo2012: 9:33am On Aug 31, 2018
I would advise that you re-write the exams even if you are requesting for remarking of your writing scripts.
This days, the result of the remarking takes months so as to avoid delay.

simia:
Hello house
listening - 8
reading -8
writing- 6
speaking- 8.5
(IELTS)

Thank you
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nickibella: 9:48am On Aug 31, 2018
please how do i check my points to know if am eligible to apply for visa

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.