Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (804769 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by flyca: 11:15pm On Oct 07, 2018
Alphadoor:

Am here to help members of this thread as much as i can flyca, no need to take anything personal, except we have beef before, if not

Moving on.
Based on the bolded, what is your current point and which of the engineering classes has EA awarded you ( i.e mech, ET, civil) or just share your anzsco code
Not at all sir, I'm just noticing your moniker for the first time, nothing personal.

Electrical Engineer
Professional Engineer
Age 30 points
IELTS - 10 points but I hope to re-write if it would help
ANZCSO 233311. Thanks smiley
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by omo1010: 1:15am On Oct 08, 2018
Thank u
luvluvluv:

[All this regional and religiius sentiments has not been of any help to this country. Let the right team be projected to so the job. PYO might be good but not daring enough. Little wonder his impact is rarely Felt for the past 3yrs.
Search @spiroxy.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bornlegend: 4:30am On Oct 08, 2018
flyca:

Not at all sir, I'm just noticing your moniker for the first time, nothing personal.

Electrical Engineer
Professional Engineer
Age 30 points
IELTS - 10 points but I hope to re-write if it would help
ANZCSO 233311. Thanks smiley

Nice. so that is 15 + 10 + 30 = 55 Pts.
Any work experience awarded or authenticated by EA (if any). If yes, how many?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by flyca: 4:34am On Oct 08, 2018
bornlegend:

Nice. so that is 15 + 10 + 30 = 55 Pts.
Any work experience awarded or authenticated by EA (if any). If yes, how many?
4 years work experience, sir.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by pawsofdikeje(m): 7:42am On Oct 08, 2018
fatima04:

Look for qsmuyiwa post on what he did for a successful assessment with AIQS, that should help

Seems qsmuyiwa post is mot visible again asi have searched nairaland for it. Does anyone have his/her contact?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by pawsofdikeje(m): 7:53am On Oct 08, 2018
Its QStomiwa. Got us confused.

pawsofdikeje:

Seems qsmuyiwa post is mot visible again asi have searched nairaland for it. Does anyone have his/her contact?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bornlegend: 8:56am On Oct 08, 2018
flyca:

4 years work experience, sir.

That will be 5 pts. so total of 60pts.
489 will give extra 10 pts = 70pts
190 will give 65pts

I will suggest, you apply for both 190 and 489 and re-write English to get 20pts if possible for quicker ITA on 189 (might not be necessary. Dependent on you).
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by SopeAyo: 11:21am On Oct 08, 2018
Please I need help understanding the Australian educational qualification in comparison with ours in Nigeria and points that can be scored with a B.A from a state University here for a skill level 1 job. Thank you
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by malel1: 2:44pm On Oct 08, 2018
Hey guys is there anybody that writes CDR for people here ? Pls add me on whatsup 07030179737
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by tunlex01(m): 3:06pm On Oct 08, 2018
Please I'm looking out for someone with recent Unilag HRDC Advanced Diploma in Business Administration or Marketing...I would like to ask some questions.

If you have or know anyone with the qualification, please pm me or quote me.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by flyca: 3:42pm On Oct 08, 2018
bornlegend:

That will be 5 pts. so total of 60pts.
489 will give extra 10 pts = 70pts
190 will give 65pts

I will suggest, you apply for both 190 and 489 and re-write English to get 20pts if possible for quicker ITA on 189 (might not be necessary. Dependent on you).
Thanks so much, I appreciate your response. I would take out a few months so improve on IELTS score. Then continue processing.

But a quick question/ clarification please. What do you mean by “extra points”. Can extra points be awarded? For free or what basis? For what visa types?

Also, are some visa types more valuable than some others (189, 190 and 480) when one arrives Australia? Please help me understand.
Thanks in advance
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by humility101: 4:30pm On Oct 08, 2018
jayooh:

I see, but were they deducting the pension and PAYE from your salaries? Do you have payslips that shows these? If your pension contributions were remitted I suppose you can generate a statement from your PFA directly.

You can try to assess with the pension statement if gotten and make explanation for tax certificate omission, it could fly-(at least you'd be presenting ref letter; payslips, bank statement, pension).I think an applicant once notified the authorities that the State where he worked didn't issue tax certificates at the time and they cleared him. You must just try.

***NB follow Bellong's advice of visiting IRS to see if you can get the certificates. That way you're rest assured
Pls sir, what of some of us that are paid by hand in our places of work, how do we go about getting these documents @bolded
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 08, 2018
flyca:

Thanks so much, I appreciate your response. I would take out a few months so improve on IELTS score. Then continue processing.

But a quick question/ clarification please. What do you mean by “extra points”. Can extra points be awarded? For free or what basis? For what visa types?

Also, are some visa types more valuable than some others (189, 190 and 480) when one arrives Australia? Please help me understand.
Thanks in advance

You need to fill an Expression Of interest for both 190 and 489.

This link will guide you.
https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/lega/lega/form/immi-faqs/what-is-an-expression-of-interest

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by flyca: 1:38am On Oct 09, 2018
wapu:

You need to fill an Expression Of interest for both 190 and 489.

This link will guide you.
https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/lega/lega/form/immi-faqs/what-is-an-expression-of-interest
Wow, thanks so much kiss
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by mamajaz(f): 1:58am On Oct 09, 2018
Came in to see how family members are doing. Good luck to all

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by jayooh: 7:20am On Oct 09, 2018
humility101:

Pls sir, what of some of us that are paid by hand in our places of work, how do we go about getting these documents @bolded

I'm afraid there is no known solution to this conundrum. I also was affected by this. Had to do away with trying to claim the employment points
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by malel1: 7:27am On Oct 09, 2018
mamajaz:

Mamaj how have u been doing

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 11:07am On Oct 09, 2018
Alphadoor:

Am here to help members of this thread as much as i can flyca, no need to take anything personal, except we have beef before, if not

Moving on.
Based on the bolded, what is your current point and which of the engineering classes has EA awarded you ( i.e mech, ET, civil) or just share your anzsco code

Definition of Order in the midst of Chaos.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by DoDirtsLikeWorm(m): 11:11am On Oct 09, 2018
mamajaz:

Mama de Mama is dat how E dey be nowadays ni? grin
Chai...passing the bridge get as it dey take change Fam!! OOoo

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by korlahwarleh: 6:06pm On Oct 09, 2018
korlahwarleh:
Good morning house.
Please I have two questions
As an economist, which body will assess one's credentials?
Will they also give 15 points after assessment like EA?
Lastly, which one is better for an economist in terms of prospect and competition?
Australia or Canada?
I'm asking on behalf of a friend who's is still vacillating on the right decision to make

Thanks
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bomsilaga(m): 9:49pm On Oct 09, 2018
Please Gurus in the house help me with this issue.
I want to submit an application for assessment with engineers Australia for migration purpose. however, I have a concern I want to get advice for. on one of my career episode with about 2.5yrs of relevant work experience, my former employer and I are currently in a legal battle as it concerns my tax and pension deductions that were not remitted and a whole lot of unethical behaviours. Now my pension deductions were hurriedly paid and backdated to cover up the fraud they committed.
My fear is getting a negative response when engineers Australia reach out to them for verification of my employment. I have account statements of payment made when cash payment was stopped and I have employment and promotion letters from them. thanks in advance for your support.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:12am On Oct 10, 2018
@ Phlunter

Maybe you need to start calling DHA.

A guy on expat Forum that submitted since January, no CO contact at all decided to start calling everyday.

Somedays they were nice some day they gave the generic response but he didn't give up.

He got his grant yesterday after calling for seven days..

If I were in your shoes I'll do same you've got nothing to lose.

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by trastar(f): 7:18am On Oct 10, 2018
flyca:

Thanks in advance

I honestly believe PTE is easier to pass and I will advise you consider that. Also cheaper. Except of course you are trying to use IELTS for something else.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by OlalekanKad(m): 7:30am On Oct 10, 2018
jayooh:

I'm afraid there is no known solution to this conundrum. I also was affected by this. Had to do away with trying to claim the employment points

It's a very tricky one actually but however I do think one can give a try during assessments stage. I will advice one should get a Statutory Declaration signed in Court that payment was made by hand but a Tax clearance will still be needed. Even if you get paid by hand, it is still obligatory to pay Tax to the Federal Government. It's a 50-50 chance that this might work but if you take a deep look at it, nothing in life is sure. No risk no reward.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by stepo707: 9:02am On Oct 10, 2018
wapu:
@ Phlunter

A guy on expat Forum that submitted since January, no CO contact at all decided to start calling everyday.

Somedays they were nice some day they gave the generic response but he didn't give up.

I feel this will work...you know this guys are human.i also had same experience with SA during nomination,i sent them a mail in the morning when i noticed my occupation entered low availability, the next day i got my ITA.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Phlunter01: 9:16am On Oct 10, 2018
LOL

Yes oh, I saw the guy's post on expat forum. I shall start calling them too.

Thank you so much

wapu:
@ Phlunter

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Afrod: 9:42am On Oct 10, 2018
Can some help with the financial estimate on moving into Australia with couple and a kid
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by afosahid: 9:42am On Oct 10, 2018
Your concerns are valid. Your employer will most likely not give a positive feedback if contacted by EA. You can however write a cover letter explaining the issue you have with this employer. You will need email correspondence between you and the employer showing where you made requests for them to remit all tax and pension deductions. You need complete payslips showing all deductions. Bank statements showing matching salary payment on your payslips and deposits in your bank account. All of these are evidences you require to back up your claim.

If your case is genuine and watertight, trust me you will get a positive outcome. I wish you the best.

bomsilaga:
Please Gurus in the house help me with this issue.
I want to submit an application for assessment with engineers Australia for migration purpose. however, I have a concern I want to get advice for. on one of my career episode with about 2.5yrs of relevant work experience, my former employer and I are currently in a legal battle as it concerns my tax and pension deductions that were not remitted and a whole lot of unethical behaviours. Now my pension deductions were hurriedly paid and backdated to cover up the fraud they committed.
My fear is getting a negative response when engineers Australia reach out to them for verification of my employment. I have account statements of payment made when cash payment was stopped and I have employment and promotion letters from them. thanks in advance for your support.

1 Like

Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by Livy2018: 10:52am On Oct 10, 2018
Pls, can a Nigerian qualified lawyer apply for Australian PR?
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bomsilaga(m): 12:54pm On Oct 10, 2018
afosahid:
Your concerns are valid. Your employer will most likely not give a positive feedback if contacted by EA. You can however write a cover letter explaining the issue you have with this employer. You will need email correspondence between you and the employer showing where you made requests for them to remit all tax and pension deductions. You need complete payslips showing all deductions. Bank statements showing matching salary payment on your payslips and deposits in your bank account. All of these are evidences you require to back up your claim.

If your case is genuine and watertight, trust me you will get a positive outcome. I wish you the best.

Thanks very much much for your concern.
I have supporting documents. Their backdating my pension deductions coincided with my previous employer's pension payments by about 3years.
I have pension statements
I have previous employer's payslips (they paid cash)
I have cheque lodgements for the period they started paying by cheque.
I have a suit showing these and other irregularities
I have employment contract
I have promotion letter
I have multiple correspondences between both lawyers
I have accommodation contract
I have vehicle usage contract
I think I stand a good chance though but just worried and needed reassurance. I thought they will call them up enquire beyond employment verification.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bellong: 12:59pm On Oct 10, 2018
bomsilaga:

Thanks very much much for your concern.
I have supporting documents. Their backdating my pension deductions coincided with my previous employer's pension payments by about 3years.
I have pension statements
I have previous employer's payslips (they paid cash)
I have cheque lodgements for the period they started paying by cheque.
I have a suit showing these and other irregularities
I have employment contract
I have promotion letter
I have multiple correspondences between both lawyers
I have accommodation contract
I have vehicle usage contract
I think I stand a good chance though but just worried and needed reassurance. I thought they will call them up enquire beyond employment verification.

With all the documents you have, you have nothing to worry about especially with the court documents.
Re: DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 by bomsilaga(m): 1:09pm On Oct 10, 2018
bellong:

With all the documents you have, you have nothing to worry about especially with the court documents.
Thanks oga, your thread has made me an expert in Australia PR Matters.
I am a civil engineer and my chances are high with over 11yrs local experience and can't lose more than 3yrs.
My ielts mock tests are coming out band 8
But this issue has kept me from acting.
Thanks everyone

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (388) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.