Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

CAN PROTEST: Open Letter To CAN & Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAN PROTEST: Open Letter To CAN & Christians (371 Views)

Can Christians Today Still Offer Sacrifice Just Like This Widow? / Can Christians Join The Army, Police And Law Professions? / How Can Christians Defeat Boko Haram? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CAN PROTEST: Open Letter To CAN & Christians by Rhapsodi(m): 8:07pm On Apr 29, 2018
Sequel to the protest embarked by Christians Nationwide, which was organized by the christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), I have decided to write down a piece which has been a burden to me.
Musa Affos is the name and i am a proud Christian, this is to my fellow Christian brethren.

Nelson Mandela once said "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere"
And I will like to say that "Prosecution of Christians anywhere is a threat to Christians every where ".

It's unfortunate or rather fortunate that the Christian body in Nigeria which is headed by CAN has come to the realization of facts and accepting responsibilities as the voice of Christians in Nigeria .

There were times in some states were certain Christians were marginalized and deprived of their right and yet we all went mute.

There were times when BokoHaram prioritized itself in bombing of Churches and attacking Christian dominated areas, nothing was said, thank God for the former CAN chairman, Ayo Oritsejafor, he spoke, though alot of Christians criticised him.

Its expected that if senior christians officer in the Army, Police, Immigration etc are forcefully retired, CAN should be able to voice out their grieve, and speak for those that are deprived of their right, not just CAN but Christians should be able to talk.

If there's an employment or an enrollment and Christians are marginalized or out of 100%, Christians have maybe 15% or 25%, CAN ought to speak, Christians too.
If there are sparodic and senseless killings of Christians in Benue, the CAN in Taraba should be able to talk, the CAN in Nassarawa, Lagos, Ekiti, Kano, other states and the entire Christian body should be able to voice out their grieve.

A lot of churches refused going out for the protest; maybe you feel, since it's not your state or your relations, then there's no need? remember, the prosecution started in other countries, it gradually entered our country and behold it's happening right in our various states and communities. also remember that the plight of a Christian in Abuja should be the concern of another christian in Enugu or Port Harcourt, and whatever affects your brother, affects you. Ofcos we are one, the body of Christ is one irrespective of denomination, race, tribe or region.

Though the protest came as a result of the recent killings of some Reverend Fathers in Benue state and the attack of Christians dominated communities. this should have been done long ago but thank God for revival and the leadership of CAN.

I don't pray for any protest, but the next time such a protest will be organized, let Nigerians know that Christians are grieved.

Am most hopeful that today's protest, will be the dawn of togetherness and unity amongst Christians and the body of Christ in Nigeria.

Musa Affos is a blogger, Social media activist.
Affos writes from Wukari-Taraba State.
Admin at Rhapsodi Affos Blog (RAB)
www.rhapsodiaffos.com.ng

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 09/06/18 / Thunder Exhumes Dead Man Who Died Mysteriously / Don't Open This Video If You Are With Soldier Or Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.