Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

46 Years Old Bike Still Driving On The Road - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 46 Years Old Bike Still Driving On The Road (2473 Views)

After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job / Car Driving On Three Wheels In Lagos (PHOTOS) / Driver Gets Ticket Dismissed After Driving On Autopilot With Feet Out Of Window (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

46 Years Old Bike Still Driving On The Road by Fogman(m): 9:11pm On Apr 29, 2018
So, I took a short trip to the east, and saw this Yamaha 100 motorcycle, became curious, because I remember as a kid, this bike was very popular then. even my uncle had one then.

Got talking with the owner and he told me he bought it for N70k 2 years ago from an old man and the man told him that he bought the bike in 1972 for N400.

He also informed me that he has never taken the bike for any repair since he bought. And has received so many offers to sell for as much as N140k.

Please help me, applaud the strength of quality

Re: 46 Years Old Bike Still Driving On The Road by Denn(m): 9:30pm On Apr 29, 2018
Wow...

1 Like

Re: 46 Years Old Bike Still Driving On The Road by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 29, 2018
This is what they call machine back in the day.

1 Like

Re: 46 Years Old Bike Still Driving On The Road by Amirullaha(m): 10:00pm On Apr 29, 2018
The sound of this type of motorbike is what we used to recognise rich people in the society back in those days...

2 Likes

Re: 46 Years Old Bike Still Driving On The Road by amarilo: 10:50pm On Apr 29, 2018
This one na Moto cyclo

3 Likes

Re: 46 Years Old Bike Still Driving On The Road by diportivo: 7:31am On Apr 30, 2018
uncle egunmogaji

this one has matching numbers oh

just as u like it grin

2 Likes

Re: 46 Years Old Bike Still Driving On The Road by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 30, 2018
diportivo:
uncle egunmogaji

this one has matching numbers oh

just as u like it grin

grin

I’ll rather push this than ride a Baja.

1 Like

Re: 46 Years Old Bike Still Driving On The Road by aieromon(m): 8:34am On Apr 30, 2018
The good old days of reliable Honda and Yamaha engines....

Built to last

3 Likes

Re: 46 Years Old Bike Still Driving On The Road by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 30, 2018
46 years and still doing fine. This one na same age with Nigeria o! Any original product from Yamaha and Honda really do last. Proudly made in Japan. grin
Re: 46 Years Old Bike Still Driving On The Road by Khd95(m): 1:29pm On Apr 30, 2018
my father used to have one in those days,when others were using bicycle
grin grin

the thing heavy pass olumo rock sad

4 Likes

Re: 46 Years Old Bike Still Driving On The Road by SNWHelen: 11:47am On May 02, 2018
Yamaha is one of the best motorcycle manufacturers in the world!

2 Likes

Re: 46 Years Old Bike Still Driving On The Road by SNWHelen: 11:51am On May 02, 2018
Yamaha is one of the best motorcycle manufacturers in the world! I admire this brand and its history. A lot of my friends ask me: how do I know so much interesting information about motorcycles? I just read on the Internet. For example, the history of Yamaha logo and the brand is best described on the website, where information on all the logo is collected.

2 Likes

Re: 46 Years Old Bike Still Driving On The Road by Flaghouse1: 10:38pm On May 06, 2018
EgunMogaji:

grin

I’ll rather push this than ride a Baja.

Baba,

Please I need your expert judgement on this car-MINI COOPER, kindly enlighten me on the following

1.Availability of parts in Nigeria
2.fuel consumption
3.its it a car that one can confidently drive in Nigeria without having second thoughts
4.Is the Engine easily replaceable if damaged.
5.Availability of good mechanics

I humbly await your explanations /elucidation on the above

Cheers

1 Like

Re: 46 Years Old Bike Still Driving On The Road by Nobody: 11:40am On May 07, 2018
Flaghouse1:

Baba,

Please I need your expert judgement on this car-MINI COOPER, kindly enlighten me on the following

1.Availability of parts in Nigeria
2.fuel consumption
3.its it a car that one can confidently drive in Nigeria without having second thoughts
4.Is the Engine easily replaceable if damaged.
5.Availability of good mechanics

I humbly await your explanations /elucidation on the above

Cheers

Chief, I won’t do it. It’ll simply be sheer torture for the poor car.

Find a second gen RAV4 and call it a day.
Re: 46 Years Old Bike Still Driving On The Road by Flaghouse1: 12:37pm On May 07, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Chief, I won’t do it. It’ll simply be sheer torture for the poor car.

Find a second gen RAV4 and call it a day.

Thanks,I really like the car,not too flashy,very simple car to drive around,

Will look at the option prescribed by you so as not to be penny wise pound foolish

Cheers
Re: 46 Years Old Bike Still Driving On The Road by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 07, 2018
Flaghouse1:

Thanks,I really like the car,not too flashy,very simple car to drive around,

Will look at the option prescribed by you so as not to be penny wise pound foolish

Cheers

Not sure if you’re aware but I have a MY07 MINI Cooper S in the fleet currently.

Re: 46 Years Old Bike Still Driving On The Road by nams77: 2:01pm On May 07, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Not sure if you’re aware but I have a MY07 MINI Cooper S in the fleet currently.
This oga sef how many Moto u get? Are you a collector
Re: 46 Years Old Bike Still Driving On The Road by Flaghouse1: 2:36pm On May 07, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I know, that was why I had too seek your expert judgement if I can be able to use the car in Nigeria with rest of mind as I no want make "mukaila" reset the engine to dey do reverse movement as against forward movement when gear is on drive. grin grin grin

Still hope you can throw more light sir,

1 Like

Re: 46 Years Old Bike Still Driving On The Road by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 07, 2018
Flaghouse1:

I know, that was why I had too seek your expert judgement if I can be able to use the car in Nigeria with rest of mind as I no want make "mukaila" reset the engine to dey do reverse movement as against forward movement when gear is on drive. grin grin grin

Still hope you can throw more light sir,

It’s a basic 4cyl engine be so “SHOULD” be serviceable by any competent mechanic. It requires some special tool but are not price prohibitive.

It will not favor bad roads as the suspension are geared for agility and not rough roads.

I dare not hope to bring mine to Ibadan. As an Autoist that should be a charge of carslaughter.
Re: 46 Years Old Bike Still Driving On The Road by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 07, 2018
nams77:

This oga sef how many Moto u get? Are you a collector

It’s a disease grin
Re: 46 Years Old Bike Still Driving On The Road by Flaghouse1: 6:10pm On May 07, 2018
EgunMogaji:

It’s a basic 4cyl engine be so “SHOULD” be serviceable by any competent mechanic. It requires some special tool but are not price prohibitive.

It will not favor bad roads as the suspension are geared for agility and not rough roads.

I dare not hope to bring mine to Ibadan. As an Autoist that should be a charge of carslaughter.

Great, with this recommendation my decision should be tilting to 45% "buy decision" As for usage the car will jot go to areas with bad roads ,just cruising to places like Ikeja, Victoria island,surulere and reasonable areas that have thier roads upgraded as time goes by.

If I may ask what are the special tools required

Cheers
Re: 46 Years Old Bike Still Driving On The Road by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 07, 2018
Flaghouse1:

Great, with this recommendation my decision should be tilting to 45% "buy decision" As for usage the car will jot go to areas with bad roads ,just cruising to places like Ikeja, Victoria island,surulere and reasonable areas that have thier roads upgraded as time goes by.

If I may ask what are the special tools required

Cheers

The tools will only be needed if you were doing internal engine work. I wouldn’t be concerned about it.

So here’s my view on things like this. Life is seriously short, enjoy yourself, buy what makes you happy.

Reading what you wrote up there I think you should find and buy a good specimen.

Life’s too short to drive boring cars.
Re: 46 Years Old Bike Still Driving On The Road by Flaghouse1: 6:40pm On May 07, 2018
EgunMogaji:

The tools will only be needed if you were doing internal engine work. I wouldn’t be concerned about it.

So here’s my view on things like this. Life is seriously short, enjoy yourself, buy what makes you happy.

Reading what you wrote up there I think you should find and buy a good specimen.

Life’s too short to drive boring cars.

Well will do a through risk analysis when making final "buy decision" that car is not a boring one oooo, it's just simple and commands respect when you are in the midst of other popular brands as this spec.is an uncommon specimen you don't see every day -more bragging rights if you the owner is in the midst of "presumed baba olowo's " will update you as soon as event pans out

Much respect. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 46 Years Old Bike Still Driving On The Road by Fixed: 6:43pm On Sep 10, 2018
Fogman:
So, I took a short trip to the east, and saw this Yamaha 100 motorcycle, became curious, because I remember as a kid, this bike was very popular then. even my uncle had one then.

Got talking with the owner and he told me he bought it for N70k 2 years ago from an old man and the man told him that he bought the bike in 1972 for N400.

He also informed me that he has never taken the bike for any repair since he bought. And has received so many offers to sell for as much as N140k.

Are you sure Baba remembered the year accurately? Naira & Kobo came in 1st January, 1973.
Re: 46 Years Old Bike Still Driving On The Road by sholarb(m): 8:12pm On Sep 10, 2018
This reminds me of Suzuki 120

1 Like

Re: 46 Years Old Bike Still Driving On The Road by UniversalDove: 7:02pm On Sep 18, 2018
Fogman:

N400 of 1972 may be more than 800, 000 of 2018. I don't know if you got my logic

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is This A Filler Point For The Gearbox / Please, What Is The Size Of Serpentine Belt Of Pontiac Vibe 2004 / solved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.