Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

We Lack Revolutionary Spirit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Lack Revolutionary Spirit (424 Views)

Moment Lawan, Ndume Shook Hands In The Spirit Of Sportsmanship / Breakingnews: Biafran Revolutionary Forces (brf)-latest Attacks On Nigeria / South-east Youths Must Renew Revolutionary Instincts To Rescue Nigeria- Olawepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Lack Revolutionary Spirit by Tosdam(m): 10:08pm On Apr 29, 2018
WE LACK REVOLUTIONARY SPIRIT

Recently, I was in a conversation with one of my friends, we had chatty conversation until we picked on political events happening in Nigeria. We had different opinions and thoughts on the political structure in Nigeria and argued to win but at some points, I noticed we belong to different school of thoughts. Of course, it is welcomed in an egalitarian society.

At a point, we swerved away from discussing the chaos happening here and there. We dropped our strength in the argument and concluded that from the look of things, things are not likely to change soon in Nigeria. The reason is not far fetched from the nebulous fact that we lack revolutionary spirit, that is, the fundamental change in political power and political organization, which occurs relatively quickly when the population revolt against their oppression (political, social, economic) by the incumbent government.

For me, revolution will not happen anytime soon in Nigeria because we lack revolutionary spirit. However, it can be argued that those who engined revolution may not live to tell the story. On that basis, it is obvious that no individual is ready to bell the cat and launch the sacrifice.

The youths have swerved from the era of struggle, gone are those days when Students' Union leaders ride on the support of strong activists and notable humanitarians to fight oppressors. Today, it is crystal clear that Students' Union leaders hardly win war against school management because the support is not forthcoming as usual, hence the oppressed is fast becoming oppressor. As far as we are not ready to take the bull by the horns, we cannot stop lamenting.

Nigerians are too calm, weak, comfortable and hopeful to revolt. No magic anywhere except we fight back and take what belong to us.

#Tosdam

Re: We Lack Revolutionary Spirit by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 29, 2018
undecided
Re: We Lack Revolutionary Spirit by Tosdam(m): 10:31pm On Apr 29, 2018
OceanmorganTrix:
undecided

Weytin do ur eye? �
Re: We Lack Revolutionary Spirit by WhoRUDeceiving: 10:37pm On Apr 29, 2018
Nope, revolution is not for or to sustain the British Map called Nigger Area, but revolution is to re-establish African kingdoms/nations such as Arewa, Biafra, Oduduwa.

Anything else is the same old same old.

Why do you think the whites that named you all their little Niggers have opted to form their own nations (i.e. Slovakia, Czech Rep, Bosnia), even to the extent of FIFA (Gilbrator, Kosovo etc?) ?

Because they get it...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Lack Revolutionary Spirit by Donpresh95(m): 10:40pm On Apr 29, 2018
WhoRUDeceiving:
Nope, revolution is not for or to sustain the British Map called Nigger Area, but revolution is to re-establish African kingdoms/nations such as Arewa, Biafra, Oduduwa.

Anything else is the same old same old.

Why do you think the whites that named you all their little Niggers have opted to form their own nations (i.e. Slovakia, Czech Rep, Bosnia), even to the extent of FIFA (Gilbrator, Kosovo etc?) ?

Because they get it...

Thank you. Any revolution will be tagged ethnic cleansing which will plunge us into another civil war
Re: We Lack Revolutionary Spirit by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 29, 2018
Tosdam:

Weytin do ur eye? �

Beans
Re: We Lack Revolutionary Spirit by Nobody: 12:10am On May 23, 2018
Tosdam:

Weytin do ur eye? �

Water

(1) (Reply)

Police Recruitment: Buhari Orders Employment Of 6,000 Officers / IMO GUBERNATORIAL: A Peep Into Ihedioha’s Hatrick In Oru West / Fayose’s Deputy Wins Ekiti PDP Guber Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.