Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Short Survey. Who Should Bear Burden Of Delivery (please Read) - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Short Survey. Who Should Bear Burden Of Delivery (please Read) (319 Views)

Samsung As Low As 2k.s20 Ultra 150k. And More Please Read / Iphone 8 Plus 256gb Factory. 100k Please Read... Phone Reboots At Times / Deal Hunters Please Read!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Short Survey. Who Should Bear Burden Of Delivery (please Read) by DeLioncourt: 7:57am On Apr 30, 2018
Hello guys,
After an almost sour encounter with a seller, I decided to seek opinion on this.

In a situation where you buy a product from a seller in another state, you pay for delivery to your location. Which is normal.
On receipt, the product doesn't work as expected. And there was a prior agreement that you will get a refund if it doesnt work.
Who should bear the cost of delivering the product back to the seller?
Please, bear in mind that this is a used product and the seller guaranteed that it would work.

Just opinions please. The seller and I have settled amicably but I just want to know what other people think.
Re: Short Survey. Who Should Bear Burden Of Delivery (please Read) by HubbonNG: 8:03am On Apr 30, 2018
Dicy issue. As a delivery person. If you paid for an item and had it delivered and it didn't work. The return policy should fall on the client that initiated the delivery. We have had situations where clients call us to pick up items from stores on a promo and the promo ends before our riders get to the store and there is no item available. Who pays the bill for no item?

I know. I am Nigerian and I responded to your question with another question. LOL

1 Like

Re: Short Survey. Who Should Bear Burden Of Delivery (please Read) by Psychodavidovic(m): 8:28am On Apr 30, 2018
You should foot the delivery back or have it deducted from your refund. As long as the seller agrees to refund you your money.

The delivery money is a small something. If you decide not to foot the delivery, the person doesn't get the goods back and if the person doesn't get the goods, he/she can not issue a refund. You have to think of the bigger picture.

Which is important to you ? The delivery fee back to the seller or the full refund of the product ?

But if was the seller, i would foot the delivery back and still refund. Just to retain the trust the person has in me and not tarnish my name online.

1 Like

Re: Short Survey. Who Should Bear Burden Of Delivery (please Read) by DeLioncourt: 8:30am On Apr 30, 2018
HubbonNG:
Dicy issue. As a delivery person. If you paid for an item and had it delivered and it didn't work. The return policy should fall on the client that initiated the delivery. We have had situations where clients call us to pick up items from stores on a promo and the promo ends before our riders get to the store and there is no item available. Who pays the bill for no item?

I know. I am Nigerian and I responded to your question with another question. LOL

Lol. All answer na answer.

(1) (Reply)

Xiaomi Note 4 Global Version For Sale. / Fitbit Versa Needed Asap / Infinix Zero4plus For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.