Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. (29390 Views)

Have You Seen This Innoson IVM 6857 Bus Before? (photos) / Design And Features Of The IVM G40 Presented To Mercy, Winner Of BBNaija / Innoson Releases Luxury IVM G80 And G40 SUV (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:10pm On Aug 21, 2018
divinelove:
Lol

It's a brand new vehicle what do u expect

that's the thing na, it's a miracle for a Nigerian "made"(in actuality - assembled) vehicle to even drive 200km without breaking down even though it's brand new.....

something that should be a norm became the exception. smh
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:15pm On Aug 21, 2018
lastly before I drop the mic,

let ivm "manufacture" a compact sedan with more mpg than the Kia Rio, Honda city/civic, Toyota corolla and all the other vehicles in its class.....

and then add a small improvement in their builds and make theirs cars more realistic to acquire (the Nigerian way) and see if people will not rush it
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by udemzyudex(m): 12:19pm On Aug 21, 2018
texazzpete:
Its worrying how Nigeria will ever develop when the bar is set so low, and the thinking is so provincial at this moment !

How does it make sense to open a thread to say that a relatively new vehicle works as intended?

"The car drove smoothly, the ac worked and the interior was decent "

WTF did you expect to see in a new vehicle? Plywood ?

I await the day when you people would open threads to showcase the IVM consumer vehicles you've bought...instead of opening thread to tell us that an innoson bus made in 2017 is better than a 4th hand 1996 Toyota Coaster bus.

The way some people jump into conclusion without understanding what they read.

Where in the post did you read that the bus is brand new?

If na your pikin no understand now you go flog am, now who go flog you for posting this nonsense?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by divinelove(m): 12:24pm On Aug 21, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

that's the thing na, it's a miracle for a Nigerian "made"(in actuality - assembled) vehicle to even drive 200km without breaking down even though it's brand new.....

something that should be a norm became the exception. smh

Really laughable

An average Toyota vehicle for public transport is over 15yrs be it Siena or hiance n travels like new
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:26pm On Aug 21, 2018
divinelove:

Really laughable

An average Toyota vehicle for public transport is over 15yrs be it Siena or hiance n travels like new

and they use it everyday for like 5yrs steady... beating the hell out of it.
talk about durability and reliability
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:29pm On Aug 21, 2018
udemzyudex:

The way some people jump into conclusion without understanding what they read.

Where in the post did you read that the bus is brand new?

If na your pikin no understand now you go flog am, now who go flog you for posting this nonsense?

uhmmmmm, sorry oh... but I think u should review ur post and edit it immediately cos......

he said relatively new (relative as in the particular context it is being used and debated).... directly translating to the age of the vehicles.... when he typed new.... he meant new in relation to the date of manufacture..

rush and change the post
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Bigdeeee: 12:30pm On Aug 21, 2018
Sunymoore:
So your boy wanted to hit Damaturu, Yobe State capital, yesterday.. I went to the park and I was shown where the vehicles going to Damaturu were.. Two vehicles were parked, a Sharon and 'Hiace hummer'. The Sharon guy was trying to convince me that, Sharon is fast, fills up quickly and balanced and Hiace guy told me the huge bags I carried along will not be charged, if I board his car. So naturally, I hopped into the Hiace and save #500..
The journey began and it was so smooth.. I looked into the car and saw balanced sit, balanced leg space and decent interior, I said to my self, Toyota really upgraded, 'may be na 2017 model we dey drive sef'.. I determined the speed of the vehicle using GPS and it was within 120-140 KM/H, what prompted me to check the speed was how we were busy dusting similar vehicles and even one Lexus Lx 450 ..
Overall, the car was stable, and the journey was smooth.. After hitting the state capital, I signaled the driver to drop me, which he did, when I was about getting my stuff from the vehicle, I saw IVM and made in Nigeria tag on car.. I was so amaze and felt proud as a black man.. I then got my stuffs and took my way..

Nigeria with 80Giga watts will surely see industrialization in our life time.

Favourable economic policies will encourage the likes IVM to triumph

Buy Naija to grow naija.. Enough said..

This should be the first.. Elect good leaders people...

You mean your experience driving a coffin, right? IVM = Igbo Vehicle Mortuary grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by 3kay945(m): 12:32pm On Aug 21, 2018
Bigdeeee:

You mean your experience driving a coffin, right? IVM = Igbo Vehicle Mortuary grin

Have you tested it and is it as worse as this
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by udemzyudex(m): 12:32pm On Aug 21, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

uhmmmmm, sorry oh... but I think u should review ur post and edit it immediately cos......

he said relatively new (relative as in the particular context it is being used and debated).... directly translating to the age of the vehicles.... when he typed new.... he meant new in relation to the date of manufacture..

rush and change the post

You can change it if you want to.
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by lebete3000: 12:33pm On Aug 21, 2018
Sunymoore:
So your boy wanted to hit Damaturu, Yobe State capital, yesterday.. I went to the park and I was shown where the vehicles going to Damaturu were.. Two vehicles were parked, a Sharon and 'Hiace hummer'. The Sharon guy was trying to convince me that, Sharon is fast, fills up quickly and balanced and Hiace guy told me the huge bags I carried along will not be charged, if I board his car. So naturally, I hopped into the Hiace and save #500..
The journey began and it was so smooth.. I looked into the car and saw balanced sit, balanced leg space and decent interior, I said to my self, Toyota really upgraded, 'may be na 2017 model we dey drive sef'.. I determined the speed of the vehicle using GPS and it was within 120-140 KM/H, what prompted me to check the speed was how we were busy dusting similar vehicles and even one Lexus Lx 450 ..
Overall, the car was stable, and the journey was smooth.. After hitting the state capital, I signaled the driver to drop me, which he did, when I was about getting my stuff from the vehicle, I saw IVM and made in Nigeria tag on car.. I was so amaze and felt proud as a black man.. I then got my stuffs and took my way..

Sorry how were you able to determine the speed using GPS?
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by rildwanullahi(m): 12:36pm On Aug 21, 2018
sultaan:
Mod , abeg ban OP.

He broke the rules, this thread should be in the fiction and literature section, not cartalk this kind post is acceptable in romance section self .

Doing 90mph on Nigerian road is suicidal imho
See my man o, I dey do 120 when going to apapa from ikeja
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by ifartonyou: 12:37pm On Aug 21, 2018
INNOSON EXPOSED
The grim reality about IVM vehicles is as follows:
*Innoson sealed a deal with the Chinese company that manufactures his products simply as an exporter of vehicle parts, which eventually ends in Nigeria's ports.
*These parts arrive the shores of Nigeria in containers, thus reducing space on ships, and at the same time Innoson pays custom duty both in China and Nigeria by far lower than that charged by China and Nigeria on new vehicles exported or imported.
*Transportation costs are highly minimised because of less space occupied by cargo, except on tonnage.
*Loans were secured from Nigerian banks to assemble an automobile assembly plant in Nigeria, which is highly automated requiring less human efforts, just like in the parent Chinese plant.
*The name, logo and few changes are made to differentiate the vehicles from their parent Chinese counterparts-thus IVM.
*Innoson thus pockets great profits realised by paying less shipping charges and evading both Chinese and Nigerian charges on new vehicles.
*As if that is not enough, he sells these cars at quite expensive rates compared to their Chinese equivalents through the "Buy made in Nigeria" hypocrisy, since Nigerians have a taste for European and Japanese juggernauts.
*The Chinese are appreciative of this scheme since the volume of sales, thus profits have increased on substandard products Nigerians wouldn't glance at twice, talk more of a purchase.
INNOSON IS A PRODUCT OF THOUGHT AND SURVIVAL INSTINCTS OF THE SOUTH EAST AS A WAY OF LIFE.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by captainking(m): 12:39pm On Aug 21, 2018
I can't believe this just hit front page after 4 months..

1 Like

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Ambassadors: 12:41pm On Aug 21, 2018
Pls how much is Innoson G5? Any ideas pls?
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:42pm On Aug 21, 2018
rildwanullahi:

See my man o, I dey do 120 when going to apapa from ikeja

when u were being forced to eat onions u refused now look at how u messed urself up.

90 MPH
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by stagger: 12:49pm On Aug 21, 2018
dangermouse:

Funny what you say. That my car is 2003 model does not mean I bought it 2003.
You obviously said it all when you said you don't own a car.
Talk as you may,you can never dissuade me on my stand that IVM vehicles rock.
The so called brands you guys are rooting for I bet ,never started like IVM. Out of nothing they made something good for Africa (mind you am not ibo, iam a NIGERIAN)
Innoson motors should be celebrated for their innovative breakthrough with regards to making affordable and world class vehicles available to Nigerians and beyond.
Looking at you I can see one of the people that doesn't wish Nigeria and Africa well. No apologies!

My brother, I tire o. Someone that has never bought even a spark plug is now telling a seasoned car owner about vehicles. Hmmm. Wonders will never end.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by bobnatlo(m): 12:50pm On Aug 21, 2018
dokiOloye:
If you are heading to Damaturu/Maiduguri,immediately you get to d outskirts of Jos and cross Toro town,if you aren't conscious of your speed , you will get to 130m/h sef.
Road is flat,smooth and so straight you can see 5km ahead of you.

Don't mind them, using all these yeye west n east rds to generalize.

Make them go north n see roads
Anyway not all them roads.

As far back as yr 2000 traveling to maiduguri it was a common jokes amidst drivers that they could sleep off on d road, because they didn't have to slow down or change gears.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by captainking(m): 12:51pm On Aug 21, 2018
lebete3000:

its quite easy bro.. You download speedometer apps.. It uses the GPS on your phone to tell you the speed you are moving.. It's free on Google.. I have two of it.. And it works really..

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Butoneday2(m): 12:55pm On Aug 21, 2018
Sunymoore:

Honestly Many people will not like this story. As for u my guy, as u go in peace so shall u come back in peace. cool

1 Like

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Butoneday2(m): 12:58pm On Aug 21, 2018
iAudio:

Even if na KIA or hyundai, they were established in the 50's and are in the league of world players. IVM started not long ago and its performance thrilled the op,

Your opinion on IVM is inconsequential.

Where is Lalasticlala sef?
Lalasticlala is no were to be found?
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:58pm On Aug 21, 2018
so out of the numerous people posting here, no one owns an IVM vehicle?

why na?

they should be celebrated, no doubt... it's a welcome initiative and with aunty radu in the mix, we just might have started our journey.

but we need people to come and share their experiences....

or is it that the people for IVM don't have vehicles? or they drive other brands? sabotage in high places!!
Airtel staff using g MTN as main line

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by PAQ(m): 12:59pm On Aug 21, 2018
Nice simple write up. But bliv me, pray never to b caught in an accident in any IVM car. A company that has no crash test reports after years of producing cars. Wat standards or quality control does IVM follow, what r d emission test? Ignorance is Nigerians biggest problem.

I am not beefing Made/ Assembled in Nigeria, but we need to ask d right questions some times.

If anyone has a crash test video of IVM vehicles, emission testing results, quality control tests please enlighten me.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by obekediamondfuto(m): 1:00pm On Aug 21, 2018
PAQ:
Nice simple write up. But bliv me, pray never to b caught in an accident in any IVM car. A company that has no crash test reports after years of producing cars. Wat standards or quality control does IVM follow, what r d emission test? Ignorance is Nigerians biggest problem.

I am not beefing Made/ Assembled in Nigeria, but we need to ask d right questions some times.

If anyone has a crash test video of IVM vehicles, emission testing results, quality control tests please enlighten me.

ooooooohhhhh, two crates of palm wine for u

1 Like

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by alezzy13: 1:03pm On Aug 21, 2018
Sunymoore:

Search for GPS Speedometer on Google play store

I see. Thanks
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by buzorcharles(m): 1:14pm On Aug 21, 2018
Akathriel:

Tell me, what brand is your present car? I sure say e no go pass kia rio or elantra or any of those useless japanese bicycles. Dem no born you well make you discard your present car for IVM if na Bmw, Benz or Audi you dey drive.

The only way I can use my money to buy IVM is if the company will dash me €3Million along with the useless car. I'm sorry, but it's called "choice" bro!
can smell a fool writing

1 Like

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by 400billionman: 1:15pm On Aug 21, 2018
Akathriel:

Tell me, what brand is your present car? I sure say e no go pass kia rio or elantra or any of those useless japanese bicycles. Dem no born you well make you discard your present car for IVM if na Bmw, Benz or Audi you dey drive.

The only way I can use my money to buy IVM is if the company will dash me €3Million along with the useless car. I'm sorry, but it's called "choice" bro!
Noise maker begging for 3mil

1 Like

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by 400billionman: 1:19pm On Aug 21, 2018
dangermouse:

Whatever,it all boils down to choices.
What if I tell you it's one of those brands you mentioned above?
For me comfort comes above brand when iti comes to making a choice of cars.
IVM rocks wether you like it or not and there vehicles can compete very well with the brands you mentioned above.
The first day I boarded IVM bus I had the same feeling of an extremely smooth ride with fast acceleration which even Toyota of same class doesn't have

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 21, 2018
Akathriel:

You're a brain-dead nematode not only for thinking I'm running down IVM, but also for daring to compare Chinese sub-standard products to German machines.

Maybe if Innoson had chosen to do business with Bmw, Benz & Audi instead of GAC, I just might have considered trying out his products.

No bastard can ever blackmail me into buying any fake chinese copy-cat models. If it ain't Bmw, Benz, Audi & VW - then count me out!

Picture 1: Chinese GAC G5

Picture 2: Innoson G5

Now, tell me the difference! grin cheesy grin
Oga calm down your list isn't complete without Toyota
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by 400billionman: 1:22pm On Aug 21, 2018
sultaan:
Mod , abeg ban OP.

He broke the rules, this thread should be in the fiction and literature section, not cartalk this kind post is acceptable in romance section self .

done 100mphAbujaKaduna
Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 1:25pm On Aug 21, 2018
sultaan:
Mod , abeg ban OP.

who be this one? People clock close to 200 on a daily especially up north where they have a lot if good roads

1 Like

Re: My Experience Travelling With An IVM Vehicle.. by Sunymoore(m): 1:28pm On Aug 21, 2018
lebete3000:

Search for GPS Speedometer on Google play store

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! / What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? / Duties On Tokunbo Cars To Be Reduced - Kemi Adeosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.