Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala (26909 Views)

This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala / "How Much Do You Have That I Want To Embezzle?" - Tinubu (Audio) / 2019: How Jonathan Will Lead The Charge Against APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by Shalomc(f): 10:42am On Apr 30, 2018
naijaking1:

Yes, I agree

Buhari-# 1
Abacha- #2
Abdusalam- #3
sad
Only GEJ'S State had something to contribute to Nigeria's purse. He's a saint.
Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by Soniceguy78(m): 10:42am On Apr 30, 2018
Deji7474:
Former Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has revealed how some powerful aides of immediate past President Goodluck Jonathan embezzle $6 million yearly from the Cargo Tracking Note (CTN) charges.

In her recently released book, “Fighting Corruption is Dangerous: The Story Behind the Headlines”, Okonjo-Iweala said she became a target of very powerful interests after she sought and got approval from Jonathan for the implementation of the ports reforms, which include the abolishing of a Cargo Tracking Note (CTN) a regime which importers argued added costs to them for duplicate services.

Excerpts: “During my second month in office in September 2011, the issue of port congestion Okonjo-Iwealawas brought to the attention of the Economic Management team by members of Nigeria’s organised private sector, especially the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN) as a serious impediment to doing business. Importers were irate about a Cargo Tracking Note (CTN) regime which they argued added costs to them for duplicate services.

“They said that their cargos were already being tracked by the Nigerian Customs Service (NCS) from origin to destination, so then; there was no reason for the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) to collect this charge. Upon enquiry, we learned that charges totalled about $6 million a year, so this was consequential. I had never seen this money remitted to the treasury and, in fact, had not known of the existence of the CTN. We recommended that the CTN be abolished immediately.

“On October 14, 2011, the Minister of Transport and I sent a memo to the President that outlined the short, medium and long term problems of Nigeria’s ports, proposed solutions and requested approval for implementation shortly thereafter. Then the problems began. I received an anonymous text telling me the port reforms were bad and harmful and I should rescind them. I learned that some agencies such as the Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON) and others that had been told to develop alternative collaborative arrangements with the Customs to take care of their responsibilities while staying out of the ports were not happy and were lobbying to be let back into the ports.

“About six weeks into the implementation of the port reforms, in early December 2011, I received a message that a top-ranking presidential aide wanted me to stop by his office anytime I was in the Villa.”

The former Director of World Bank further disclosed that she was locked out of the Villa for refusing to obey the order given by the unnamed influential aide in Jonathan’s administration to restore the CTN with immediate effect.

https://www.abusidiqu.com/how-jonathans-aides-embezzle-6m-yearly-from-npa-okonjo-iweala/
if humans could become what ever entity they chose, I'll be karma.. Or God middle finger...
Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by Positivepoint(m): 10:42am On Apr 30, 2018
naijaking1:

Yes, I agree

Buhari-# 1
OBJ- #2
GEJ- #3

Buhari nightmare dey still worry u.

5 Likes

Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by blackpanda: 10:42am On Apr 30, 2018
KidsNEXTdoor:
They have killed this country...

Imagine the crime being perpetrated by buhari cronies today....

What is wrong with your brain

3 Likes

Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by eddyslim(m): 10:42am On Apr 30, 2018
Thanks for ur services mma

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by enlady(f): 10:43am On Apr 30, 2018
This is a misleading headline. Iweala stated they situation met on ground. They went ahead to implement reforms that blocked the loophole. Of course corrupt interest will fight back. The fact that its from the presidency is not strange. What do we say of Buhari’s former SGF Babachir Lawal? In this case I hear he is even spearheading Buhari’s re-election. He was also nominated to Apc convention Committee.
Certified hypocrites!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 30, 2018
Jonathan and his PDP looters won't like what Iweala is doing right now.

5 Likes

Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by Somebodydaddy01: 10:43am On Apr 30, 2018
dadebayo1:
Prostitute.......

I see no reason that you cannnot afford common sense
I spit on you

4 Likes

Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by AK481(m): 10:44am On Apr 30, 2018
Ngozi the innocent spectator

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 30, 2018
naijaking1:

Yes, I agree

Buhari-# 1
OBJ- #2
GEJ- #3
YOU ARE BEING MISCHIEVOUS.
1. ABACHA
2. IBB
3.GEJ
4.OBJ
Should be a fairly good assessment.

9 Likes

Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by Wealthandjobs: 10:44am On Apr 30, 2018
I agree with her that $6million is consequential(as if every kobo belonging to the government is not consequential) but why didn't she report this issue to the EFCC?
Mrs Okonjo Iweala was hands in glove with all the corrupt elements of GEJ's tenure and it's so sad that her memoir is just confirming what PMB has repeatedly told Nigerians.
The case should be revisited by the EFCC to retrieve the $6million collected for at least 5 years and all the thieves in NPA who were sharing the money be prosecuted.

10 Likes

Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by fergie001: 10:44am On Apr 30, 2018
blackpanda:

You obviously know that isnt correct..if not for your bad belle
Buhari is the most honest President ever!

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by ArmedRobber: 10:45am On Apr 30, 2018
Not surprised.

1)Tell us how you spend Nigeria's fortune of 51 trillions dollars crude oil proceed .

2) explain to us how your managed economy of 47$b and was depleted to 38$b when crude oil was 100-140 per barrel

5 Likes

Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by Shalomc(f): 10:46am On Apr 30, 2018
maoolakanm:
1. Buhari
2. IBB
3.Abdusalam
4.Abacha
Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by KidsNEXTdoor: 10:46am On Apr 30, 2018
blackpanda:

What is wrong with your brain

Buhari is a corrupt terrorist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by dadebayo1(m): 10:46am On Apr 30, 2018
Somebodydaddy01:

I see no reason that i cannnot afford common sense
I spit on myself
Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 30, 2018
Until a sitting president actually charges a past President for corruption then know that real change has come to Nigeria. It's almost an unwritten rule in Nigeria. Why Bubu;s war on corruption is a big sham.
Throwback:
Ngozi will soon be termer an Afonja, Jihadist and Zombie for not seeing that Jonathan was a saint who could never steal, and who employed only the best hands into positions.

Why Jonathan's head is not hanging on a pike at the entry point into Abuja city, is one of the many reasons I consider Buhari to be a spineless failure himself.

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by Shalomc(f): 10:46am On Apr 30, 2018
KidsNEXTdoor:

Buhari is a corrupt terrorist
Excellent.
Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by bigfish3k: 10:46am On Apr 30, 2018
why not name them

how much did jonathan himself embezzle that its only his name that appeared
Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by SmartPolician: 10:46am On Apr 30, 2018
Nonsense

I just wanted to see a name and I was disappointed
Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by rozayx5(m): 10:47am On Apr 30, 2018
blackpanda:

honest presidents son who drives 200k usd bikes without a job

honest just got a new meaning

zombies ehn

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by jrusky(m): 10:48am On Apr 30, 2018
I'm getting a bit suspicious this recent trend okonjo said this she said must be the handiwork of apc because Okonjo we knew don't blabla like lair moha-mad.

I'm very sure this is apc game to always blame and blame they have mentioned virtually everybody in gej administration and no one else to mention they now turned to using okonjo to win ranks again Mr apc you failed.

Either it's Okonjo who said it or not it does not count again it's Nigeria money let apc go to hell. Deliver your mandate or your party die come 2019.

I can read some fools already shouting corruption and I'm still asking those fools where is that 23billion dollars NNPC contract scam Baru vs kachukwu Pls where is Mr Grass cutter Pls where is Maina or Meina Pls who owns ikoyi million dollars etc Yayah blew 5billion to recall Melaye is that iyayah salary

Pls if you are not mad just don't talk thrash like gej is corrupt here, pls just provide answer to all my questions above or just quietly go to hell.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by wink2015(m): 10:48am On Apr 30, 2018
PRESIDENT GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN AND HIS AIDES TURN THE COFFERS OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT INTO THEIR OWN ATM MACHINE.

They milk and milk and milk and milk the treasury to emptiness.

JONATHAN THAT WAS RUSHING TO GIVE LECTURES OVERSEAS NOW KNOW THAT THE WESTERNER WORLD IS FULLY AWARE OF HIS CORRUPT TENDENCIES.

May, Nigeria never experience the kind of looting that was masterminded by the JONATHANIAN in its history again.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by ArmedRobber: 10:49am On Apr 30, 2018
maoolakanm:
1. ABACHA
2. IBB
3.GEJ
4.OBJ
no abacha, ibb,obj didn't have much to steal comparing Nigeria's earnings during their time.

The list is

1 -good luck Jonathan
2- abacha
3-ibb
4-obj.

Obj came last because despite the fact that Nigeria earnings was not much

He manages to pay debts(Paris fund )
And grow our reserves from 3$b to 45$b during his reign
Something to write home about.
Unlike others

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by Powerhousemm: 10:50am On Apr 30, 2018
blackpanda:

You obviously know that isnt correct..if not for your bad belle Buhari is the most honest President ever!

Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by TheAngry1: 10:50am On Apr 30, 2018
ok
Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by zmtoz: 10:51am On Apr 30, 2018
G-E- J =Hero of corruption

3 Likes

Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by ArmedRobber: 10:52am On Apr 30, 2018
wink2015:
PRESIDENT GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN AND HIS AIDES TURN THE COFFERS OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT INTO THEIR OWN ATM MACHINE.

They milk and milk and milk and milk the treasury to emptiness.

JONATHAN THAT WAS RUSHING TO GIVE LECTURES OVERSEAS NOW KNOW THAT THE WESTERNER WORLD IS FULLY AWARE OF HIS CORRUPT TENDENCIES.

May, Nigeria never experience the kind of looting that was masterminded by the JONATHANIAN in its history again.
amen . He wasted the fortunes of Nigeria.

Imagine 51trillions dollars of crude oil proceed down the drain without meaning project to point to.

Remember the foreign reserve was depleted ,abaha fund was looted

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by jerflakes(m): 10:52am On Apr 30, 2018
naijaking1:

Yes, I agree

Buhari-# 1
OBJ- #2
GEJ- #3

Come on, guy

These guys dey learn where Abacha dey

Those three governments stole Abachas loot, so you can imagine

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by neonly: 10:53am On Apr 30, 2018
blackpanda:

1 Share

Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:53am On Apr 30, 2018
blackpanda:

That's what we thought until we voted for him,and Nigeria economy and security became a Shithole
Re: How Jonathan’s Aides Embezzle $6m Yearly From NPA – Okonjo-iweala by enlady(f): 10:54am On Apr 30, 2018
I am surprised at most comments here, says a lot about our ability to read and comprehend. Pathetic lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje / Xenophobia: ‘Act Now Or Have Yourself To Blame', Minister Tells S’African Govt / Boko Haram Killed By Their Bomb In Kaduna. See Pics.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.