Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,858 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:59 AM

US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 (33212 Views)

Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks / Payment Of $462m For Fighter Jets, Impeachable Offence, Reps Tell Buhari / Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by progress69: 6:00pm On Apr 30, 2018
martin22:
National Assembly does not sign Budget. They pass it & it is bin signed into law by Mr. President

Thank you for your correction. The point i was making was well understood, in sign was a honest error cos if u go tru the threas, u will see were i said passed a couple of times. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by ecosanders: 6:00pm On Apr 30, 2018
CSTR1003:

We don't need to win the Sw .
Once we get the SE/SS, and an appreciable showing in the Sw, that is enough. We have won the south.

The North on the other hand is a different kettle of fish.

Running with an acceptable northern VP in a major party like the PDP and the APC would be critical. .

I expect us to do well in the middle belt. The core northern states like Kano would be a problem though.
Pick up substantial votes here and there and that is enough.

As long we do well in the south and the middle belt, even if the opponents wins the core Muslim radical north, it will not be enough.

Win the south, win the middle belt, get one or two states in the core north, and the presidency beckons.

That is why a major party is important. To get us a few core northern states based on their own established stronghold.

Ahahahahhaha you don't need SW? the Northerners you call names everyday will hand u Dia vote like a plate of Akpu ko?

Your political calculation is lame.....You have done so much damage to ur political relevance, and u r still doing it.. ..

The earlier u start building bridges the better.. ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by Therealev: 6:05pm On Apr 30, 2018
progress69:

There is difference between approval and withdrawal. Can u state where the sum of $1bn was withdrawn?

Isn't that the bone of contention in the first place. That $1bn was WITHDRAWN from the ECA without due process and APPROVAL. According to the OP, $400 for the procurement of Aircraft and according to you THE US HAS CONFIRMED PAYMENT. Maybe I'm wrong, but enlighten me. How much was withdrawn ? How much appropriated ?
Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by Nonaira1: 6:09pm On Apr 30, 2018
ecosanders:

Ahahahahhaha you don't need SW? the Northerners you call names everyday will hand u Dia vote like a plate of Akpu ko?

Your political calculation is lame.....You have done so much damage to ur political relevance, and u r still doing it.. ..

The earlier u start building bridges the better.. ..

NOONE has ever needed the SW. This is a well known and documented FACT!!!! It's like you lots won't sh8t up for the first time your candidate of your choice have won. Every president that SW asked for, LOST woefully might I add. This s the first time in history your choice won and since then we won't hear word from you nigga. Sad thing of it all, he won because of MIDDLE BELT and NORTH and not even SW considering you have a very miniscule percentage to his winning vote.

2 Likes

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 30, 2018
progress69:

Whatever he does, u choose to be blind to it. U only see what you want to see. The enemies of the state using killer heards men will b3 exposed, and as usual, u will support them and call it witch hunting. That is your configuration!

You don't have sense, who was sponsoring boko haram during goodlucks time? Is it not Buhari? Foolish boy
Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by progress69: 6:11pm On Apr 30, 2018
Therealev:

Isn't that the bone of contention in the first place. That $1bn was WITHDRAWN from the ECA without due process and APPROVAL. According to the OP, $400 for the procurement of Aircraft and according to you THE US HAS CONFIRMED PAYMENT. Maybe I'm wrong, but enlighten me. How much was withdrawn ? How much appropriated ?

Something must be really wrong with u. This id why i hate engaging clowns like u. This is what u wrote and I responded to. Why are u trying to act clever when u not.

The total of $1B was withdrawn, only $400M accounted for. So until the remaining $600M has been appropriated, it still doesn't absorb Bubu of all wrong doing. We'll be watching.

Dont quote me again, look for your mates.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by progress69: 6:12pm On Apr 30, 2018
michael142:

You don't have sense, who was sponsoring boko haram during goodlucks time? Is it not Buhari? Foolish boy

Ok
Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by emperormossad(m): 6:16pm On Apr 30, 2018
Our5k:
[s][/s]

First class zombie.

That guy is sarrki
Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by Josh44s(m): 6:18pm On Apr 30, 2018
progress69:
God bless Mr President...
For those bitter clowns that thought this is the era where funds are approved for election purposes or where Dansuki just orders CBN to release money for special duties, or for some useless reason because of election, that era is dead and buried with the last administration.

And those intellectually lazy youths who thought $10mil is the actual cost not considering that it depends on config, and that is the lowest possible amount, Garba Shehu was not wrong. You clowns forgot that, rockets and bombs including training and other military hardware/weapons are included in the contract.

Shame on the enemies of Nigeria...

Buhari till 2023 after which Osinbajo will take over

Are you normal? Are you okay. Something paid for in 2018 is to be delivered in 2020 and you are talking rubbish. Where else in the world does such happens? If Buhari and your likes think he will use this nonsense as a medium to seize power come 2019 then you, Buhari, the people deceiving you all with this World War One plane are all mad!
Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by Nonaira1: 6:21pm On Apr 30, 2018
So they finally agreed to the "stringent restrictions" of the sale they refused to abide to literally two months ago? Didn't they say they'll strongarm the American government to remove the restrictions or even reduce it but based on this, the so called "Giant of Africa" went licking their vomit to go beg for a jet, they don't even know how it function or going to be taught about ty considering b that's one of the condition of the sell. Nor would it be given to them until 2 years later. What is the guarantee it'll actually be delivered. Who buys something and wait years to get to? What a fucking joke this shithole is. Pretty much buying shit they don't even know how to use nor how to maintain nor going to be taught of it by the seller.

Way to confirm Trump's description of you niggas m. A worthless joke. I bet they wouldn't try that shit with other African countries. I bet you.

2 Likes

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by progress69: 6:21pm On Apr 30, 2018
Josh44s:

Are you normal? Are you okay. Something paid for in 2018 is to be delivered in 2020 and you are talking rubbish. Where else in the world does such happens? If Buhari and your likes think he will use this nonsense as a medium to seize power come 2019 then you, Buhari, the people deceiving you all with this World War One plane are all mad!

I know you have war planes in your warehouse that people just pay for and you ship to them. Enjoy your day!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by oyejidetosin: 6:24pm On Apr 30, 2018
so that means we'll have to wait till 2020,herdsmen,boko Haram keep enjoying yourselves ooo, our president has given you extra 2 years to keep enjoying, one thing that I'm not sure of is if herdsmen(Buhari men) and buhariharam wouldn't have finished most of the lazy Nigerians youth.
Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by Josh44s(m): 6:24pm On Apr 30, 2018
progress69:

I know you have war planes in your warehouse what people just pay for and you ship to them. Enjoy your day!

Keep on fooling yourself for cheap likes. 2019 is not far. Enjoy your day
Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by gtown: 6:25pm On Apr 30, 2018
SalamRushdie:
This doesn't absolve the fact that financial laws of our country as regard such deduction were broken by the Buhari govt and this is tantamount to theft . No amount of bickering and spinning by evil zombies can change the facts that Buhari committed an impeachable offence
Since he has committed an impeachment offence, why not you go ahead and impeach him. All your ranting is useless if you fail to do that.
Anyway, chestbeating is a trade mark of people with ipobian P.I.Gs brain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by Josh44s(m): 6:26pm On Apr 30, 2018
oyejidetosin:
so that means we'll have to wait till 2020,herdsmen,boko Haram keep enjoying yourselves ooo, our president has given you extra 2 years to keep enjoying, one thing that I'm not sure of is if herdsmen(Buhari men) and buhariharam wouldn't have finished most of the lazy Nigerians youth.

I will advice you to go and buy a licensed gun because the plan Buhari get for the youth of this country eh! cheesy
Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by authority2006(m): 6:27pm On Apr 30, 2018
Esseite:

Rather than rabble beer parlour lines, it would have made more sense if you quote the periods it happened in those different administrations. .

Abu Ibrahim (Katsina-APC), accused senators of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) of conspiring to impeach Mr Buhari.
He justified the president’s decision to make the withdrawal on precedence.
“He took action based on national interest, that’s why he authorised this payment. As far as I’m concerened, this is the first time that money drawn from excess crude oil account is being brought to the National Assembly. Since they begin to operate this account, I have never seen any expenditure that was brought here for approval.
“N17.7 billion was drawn by (ex-President) Obasanjo to pay the Paris Club without National Assembly approval. Obasanjo left N9.3 billion in excess crude account but former President Goodluck Jonathan …the money with no recourse to the National Assembly. The account was increased to over N20 billion in 2008 and decreased to less than N4 billion by Jonathan in 2010. It never came to National Assembly for approval.
“N2 billion was used by the previous PDP administration to fight Boko Haram in 2014. Governor Godswill Akpabio was the one who moved the motion at the National Economic Council to get the money. N5 billion was taken for power generation, funding was also sourced for Niger Delta, the same process was not taken by (ex-President Yar’ adua). It was later taken to the National Assembly and it was approved".
Goalposts shifting is allowed.
Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by ecosanders: 6:28pm On Apr 30, 2018
Nonaira1:

NOONE has ever needed the SW. This is a well known and documented FACT!!!! It's like you lots won't sh8t up for the first time your candidate of your choice have won. Every president that SW asked for, LOST woefully might I add. This s the first time in history your choice won and since then we won't hear word from you nigga. Sad thing of it all, he won because of MIDDLE BELT and NORTH and not even SW considering you have a very miniscule percentage to his winning vote.

Clearly you will leave in this illusion for long.......Hear it today, SW, and North are the political power house of this nation toy with them at ur own peril.. .

Am still asking u why the Northerners you so much despise will hand you their votes.. ..
Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by progress69: 6:32pm On Apr 30, 2018
Josh44s:

Keep on fooling yourself for cheap likes. 2019 is not far. Enjoy your day

Dem dey sell likes for market? Nairaland knows those obsessed with likes. Lol..
We were here b4 2015 elections, we are here after, and we will still be here after Buhari win in 2019.

Argue with your phone.

Bye!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by gtown: 6:33pm On Apr 30, 2018
progress69:

I.dont care about desperate measure for desperate times. Let the NASS take action against the government if they want to. For now I stand with the president. There was a deadline that had to be met, the NASS till date have not passed the budget into law despite being submitted to them since 2017. The only thing they are.good at is suspending percieved enemies which clowns like u hail, or going on recess. I dont care what u think.of me
What ever you tell that P.I.G, he will never reason like human. Hate for Buhari is in his DNA.
Let him go ahead with his impeachment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by SalamRushdie: 6:34pm On Apr 30, 2018
gtown:

Since he has committed an impeachment offence, why not you go ahead and impeach him. All your ranting is useless if you fail to do that.
Anyway, chestbeating is a trade mark of people with ipobian P.I.Gs brain.

Trumpnhas just warned your idiot on TV to stop killing Nigerian Christians as the United States will no longer allow it ...it was point blank .. Checkmate tozo
Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by Nonaira1: 6:41pm On Apr 30, 2018
ecosanders:

Clearly you will leave in this illusion for long.......Hear it today, SW, and North are the political power house of this nation toy with them at ur own peril.. .

Am still asking u why the Northerners you so much despise will hand you their votes.. ..

Someone actually did an analysis of this, not too long ago on this forum actually with statistic to back him up.
I suggest go and read it
https://www.nairaland.com/4228059/king-makers-political-clout-south

SW have been very inconsequential in politics of that poor excuse of a nation. There was a reason you lots were in oppositional for years. Even the president that came from your tribe aka obasanjo was not even your tribe's choice. The ones you lots wanted failed WOEFULLY. This is the FIRST time you lots mattered in terms of a presidential win and ironically enough, you lots won't shut the Bleep up about it despite even at that, it was the NC gave him the win, not SW.

Noone needs SW to win and history have proven it multiple times. You're completely irrelevant. The winning factor is NC and they don't even make noise about it as much as you lots.

2 Likes

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by Therealev: 6:42pm On Apr 30, 2018
progress69:

Something must be really wrong with u. This id why i hate engaging clowns like u. This is what u wrote and I responded to. Why are u trying to act clever when u not.

Dont quote me again, look for your mates.

That sums it up. Turn into insults when don't have anything to say. Except you have first hand information on events, stop acting like you handle government affairs. And no, I'm not trying to act clever, you just lack comprehension. Ofcourse, I'll desist from quoting you, apparently, I do not quote people that just say things without providing facts, and when you question their source, they turn into insults. So bye and have a nice life.
Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by gtown: 6:46pm On Apr 30, 2018
FreddyKruger:

Only an intellectually lazy, semi illiterate with a warped thinking of ur ilk will support executive high handedness over the rule of law.

When a corrupt laden, financially rogue government like this APC government starts dipping it's thieving fingers to withdraw huge sums of money from the country's Excess Crude Account without notifying the legislature and commiting constitutional breaches in the name of an imaginary deadline, and yet the said military hardware won't be delivered into the country soon but in the next 2 years then you ask yourself why the rush in the first place.

Well i know APC media zombies are brainless and definitely don't have the capacity to think outside what they've been programmed to, and like their chief zombie said and i quote "I will happily jump into burning fire if President Buhari tells me to jump into it" ---Gov. Yahaya Bello 2018. There's nothing much to be expected from a destitute who screams sai baba allover the media space.
The problem with most of you idiotic vampire P.I.Gs is that your too much talk is always not accomplish with action. Since according to you, an impeachment offence has been committed by the president, then why not you go ahead with his impeachment and stop making useless noise?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by deomelllo: 6:47pm On Apr 30, 2018
Therealev:

That sums it up. Turn into insults when don't have anything to say. Except you have first hand information on events, stop acting like you handle government affairs. And no, I'm not trying to act clever, you just lack comprehension. Ofcourse, I'll desist from quoting you, apparently, I do not quote people that just say things without providing facts, and when you question their source, they turn into insults. So bye and have a nice life.

Look at this lying ipob...Trump was actually praising Nigeria and PMB...

Ipob losers..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by Oyebee91(m): 6:48pm On Apr 30, 2018
ollah2:

In other words, tell FG where the warehouse to buy warplanes is located so they can buy and have them delivered to Nigeria immediately. Educated illeterate
are you telling me there's no other way to hasten up delivery. ..educated guru undecided.
Abeg no need to reply
Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by ecosanders: 6:48pm On Apr 30, 2018
Nonaira1:

Someone actually did an analysis of this, not too long ago on this forum actually with statistic to back him up.
I suggest go and read it
https://www.nairaland.com/4228059/king-makers-political-clout-south

SW have been very inconsequential in politics of that poor excuse of a nation. There was a reason you lots were in oppositional for years. Even the president that came from your tribe aka obasanjo was not even your tribe's choice. The ones you lots wanted failed WOEFULLY. This is the FIRST time you lots mattered in terms of a presidential win and ironically enough, you lots won't shut the Bleep up about it despite even at that, it was the NC gave him the win, not SW.

Noone needs SW to win and history have proven it multiple times. You're completely irrelevant. The winning factor is NC and they don't even make noise about it as much as you lots.

Forget paper calculations tgatvyield you nothing, that's how u make Now before the last election.. .

NC winning factor. ...? Now I give up on you.. .rid urself if hatred, maybe, just maybe u can attract some sympathy. ...
Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by deomelllo: 6:48pm On Apr 30, 2018
SAI PMB

SAI NIGERIA.

I feel so proud to be a Nigerian.

grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by Nonaira1: 6:51pm On Apr 30, 2018
ecosanders:

Forget paper calculations tgatvyield you nothing, that's how u make Now before the last election.. .

NC winning factor. ...? Now I give up on you.. .rid urself if hatred, maybe, just maybe u can attract some sympathy. ...

Oh we should forget statistics and listen to your inferiority complex delusions. grin grin grin

Yeah sure. Carry on with your fantasy.

1 Like

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by ollah2: 6:51pm On Apr 30, 2018
Oyebee91:
are you telling me there's no other way to hasten up delivery. ..educated guru undecided.
Abeg no need to reply

Have you ever done business with a manufacturer and they tell you it will take 90 days for production?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by deomelllo: 6:55pm On Apr 30, 2018
lmao @ PMB stroking and praising Trump..

I love PMB.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by ecosanders: 6:55pm On Apr 30, 2018
Nonaira1:

Oh we should forget statistics and listen to your inferiority complex delusions. grin grin grin

Yeah sure. Carry on with your fantasy.

Am talking about your Imaginary statistics.. ...where are the ones you put together FOR GEJ?
The real statistics is to capture SW, and The North. ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Confirms Nigeria's Payment For Fighter Jets; To Be Delivered In 2020 by deomelllo: 6:57pm On Apr 30, 2018

Wonderful speech.

PMB did a great JOB.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

3,000 APC Members Decamp To PDP In Edo (Video) / Edo Election Debate: Channels Tv Issues Disclaimer on Result Infographics / Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.