Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,491 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) (61746 Views)

Nursing Mother Loses Her 3-Month-Old Baby At A Crèche / My Skin Has Gone Bad. I Need Help! (Disturbing Photos) / New York, Epicenter Of U.S. COVID-19 Outbreak (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by Bhelamblog(m): 2:11pm On Apr 30, 2018
A woman who suffered horrific Complications after taking IUD (intrauterine contraceptive device) to avoid Pregnancy Has shared her tearful testimony, Tanai Smith almost lost her life in an unstoppable bit to avoid having another child, She already have a daughter, and wanted to stop giving birth so she took pregnancy Contraceptive, and 3yrs later the IUD which was placed in her ovaries burst, her womb turned to black, and she almost lost her life, so sad, Giving her testimony Tanai said though he survived 3 surgeries but is set to go for another one to amputate (Cut off) her toes.. Read her touching post below!

'Sometimes things happens in your life and you dont know why. You question yourself why me or what did i do to deserve this? But what you should be asking is what can i learn from it. Im finally coming out to tell my story because i feel like i can help someone. Im not here for people opinions but to simply tell my story. Six weeks after i had my daughter i was offered by the doctors a form of birth control called the IUD. I accepted because i was told that it was safe and it was he best type. It had never gave me any problems up until November of 2017. I had it for 3 years so far. I was told that it is good for 5 years. I went to my yearly check up in October and i was asked about birth control and i told that i had an IUD. They checked and told me that they couldnt find an IUD and that it may have fell out but i knew for a fact that wasnt the case. They sent me to get two types of ultrasounds the same day and i was told once again that they didnt see an IUD. One day jn the beginning of November i was at work i had a sharp pain and the bottom right of my stomach and the first thing that popped in my head was is this that IUD? But i tried to brush it off but the pain was getting worse. I left work 3 hours early to go to the hospital. I went to the hospital and i told them what was going on and what the doctors was telling me so they immediately sent me to get an Xray done. The doctor came in the with a weird look on her face and said the IUD is definitely in there but its pushed up in your stomach so you will have to get surgery. She told me to call my OBGYN to schedule a date. I went and talked to my OBGYN, told him everything that was going on and even showed him the Xray picture that they allowed me to take. So he also said i have to get surgery. So i asked him how would they have to get it out and he told me they would cut me right under my belly button and use a scope. On December 13th i went in to get the procedure done. Instead of 1 , i was cut 3 times. One under my belly button and one on each of my side. They was able to get it out but it was broken into pieces. I was told that it had moved up to my liver. When i left the hospital i was bleeding but my mom was told that it was normal. Over night i begin to bleed heavier and the pain got worse. I was rushed to the hospital by ambulance and once i got to the hospital my mom told the doctors everything that was going on. They rushed me to xrays done and then rushed me to surgery. I was bleeding internally. After the surgery my mom was told that when they open me up, my ovaries was black and that they had to give me a hysterectomy. After the surgery i went into septic shock causing me to be in ICU for a few weeks. I died on that surgery table. While in ICU my organ began to fail. I was on a breathing machine, i was on dialysis cause my kidneys wasnt working right. Everythint that could possibly go wrong went wrong. My parents was told that i was the worst patient on the floor and that they didnt think i was going to make it. But with faith and God the prayers that everyone sent out, i am here today. Next week i have to get myself prepare again for a second surgery to get my toes amputated by i swear i came so far and im not letting anything stop me.

News From Ebiwali--
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/04/woman-looses-her-legs-her-womb-turns.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by adadike(f): 2:28pm On Apr 30, 2018
If u are in Igboland and environs, and u are suffering from d effects of artificial family planning, mail me now!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 30, 2018
This is scary. cry

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by taretoofine(m): 2:59pm On Apr 30, 2018
Ovaries are important

1 Like

Re: IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by everlymoore86(m): 2:59pm On Apr 30, 2018
I still respect women a lot, she must have done it to please her man. Sorry dear

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by Tolbanks(f): 2:59pm On Apr 30, 2018
Damn it lipsrsealed
Re: IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by Safiaa(f): 3:00pm On Apr 30, 2018
Count your blessings, because whether you know it or not you are blessed. Your situation is better than someone out there.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by EXLOVER(m): 3:00pm On Apr 30, 2018
t

1 Like

Re: IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by inoki247: 3:01pm On Apr 30, 2018
wey Postinor dey...
Re: IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by Emotionless100: 3:01pm On Apr 30, 2018
Our life is always revolving around sex, most of the fucking news I read mostly in nairaland has to do with sex. What a hell!

1 Like

Re: IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by hacunamatata: 3:01pm On Apr 30, 2018
Waiting for Oga Bubu speech........

tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 30, 2018
The best for couple is withdrawal method if you don't like condom.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by camgodess(f): 3:02pm On Apr 30, 2018
cry cry
pills are better any day... undecided
Re: IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by kepij: 3:02pm On Apr 30, 2018
grin
Re: IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by Emmy9ite02(m): 3:03pm On Apr 30, 2018
Horror!!
Re: IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by whitebeard(m): 3:04pm On Apr 30, 2018
ICD seems to be doing more than.expected
Re: IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by Zamad(m): 3:04pm On Apr 30, 2018
WETIN PREEQ DEY CAUSE FOR THIS WORLD EHN....

3 Likes

Re: IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by dkronicle(m): 3:04pm On Apr 30, 2018
Sometimes we we shouldn't blame yhose whi don'tdo family planning.. If say this woman na broke person, she for don die since day1 of the surgery.. Glory to God

8 Likes

Re: IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by Beety26(f): 3:05pm On Apr 30, 2018
Sometimes we just have to let things be the way God created them.

You will pull through all these...stay strong in God.

2 Likes

Re: IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by Jopobag: 3:05pm On Apr 30, 2018
Wtf this is so sad
Re: IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by Cutehector(m): 3:05pm On Apr 30, 2018
Mehn.... This is some scary shiii...
Re: IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by BedLam: 3:06pm On Apr 30, 2018
I can't see how the toes were affected...

2 Likes

Re: IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by Yinxies(f): 3:06pm On Apr 30, 2018
This is so scary!!!

Condom or withdrawal would have been better. But then you'll never know...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by Lalas247(f): 3:07pm On Apr 30, 2018
very scary ..
happened to a friend she had to have her womb taken out ...

think the best one is the pill, implanon or the patch
less risk

IUD is the worst !

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by Onyenna(m): 3:08pm On Apr 30, 2018
So horrible!

Jeeez!
Re: IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by Malakh: 3:08pm On Apr 30, 2018
I don't feel no pity for her she just wanna fvck and dont wanna get pregnant that's against nature all that birt control will backfire, and God that i serve didn't help or deliver you, those wizards in the hospital did, if God cared about you He wont even put you in that situation. You've been warned by Paul if you live after the flesh(sexual pleasure/fornication/masturbation) you shall die, if your life is all about fun,diick and pvssy you shall perish. like Yahshua said he/she that will "save" his life shall loose but he/she that loose it shall save it , you don't necessarily have to die(loose it), it's called presenting your body as a living sacrifice,it's called sacrificing your flesh not saying we wont sin or come short but dont make it a habit. But then again some of us would have to loose our life as Yahshua's martyrs when we are labelled an enemy of the state and the church during our tribulation in the daughter of Babylon and during our Great tribulation in Babylon for speaking against the powers that be and against the false prophet who says he is God and must be worshipped.

2 Likes

Re: IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by carammel(f): 3:08pm On Apr 30, 2018
It seems local methods of family planning are better,just wear your waist bead and you are good to go.

3 Likes

Re: IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by Lalas247(f): 3:09pm On Apr 30, 2018
whitebeard:
ICU seems to be doing more than.expected

how? it is an intensive Care Unit .. they are supposed to treat her like that cause it's life threatening ...

1 Like

Re: IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by whitebeard(m): 3:10pm On Apr 30, 2018
Lalas247:

how? it is an intensive Care Unit .. they are supposed to treat her like that cause it's life threatening ...
I meant IUD

3 Likes

Re: IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by Horus(m): 3:11pm On Apr 30, 2018
An IUD is a small, T-shaped plastic and copper device that's put into your womb (uterus) by a doctor or nurse.

It releases copper to stop you getting pregnant and protects against pregnancy for between 5 and 10 years.

It's sometimes called a "coil" or "copper coil".

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by dfrost: 3:11pm On Apr 30, 2018
So which one is now safe? embarassed angry
Re: IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) by ernestozambrota: 3:11pm On Apr 30, 2018
Why all these unnecessary hassles? The natural method is the best... Just let him be discipline...just withdraw when she isn't safe! I did it for eight solid years!

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Son Looks Like 7up's Fido Dido, Help!!!! / Lagos Is Unusually Dry This Morning. Ebola Scare? (Pictures) / How I Contacted HIV From Sleeping With Different Prostitutes At The Age Of 24

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.