Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,695 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products (7271 Views)

Akin Osinbajo Visits Seahorse Headquarters In Anambra- Pictures / SEAHORSE Lubricants Certified And Safe For Use In Nigeria - SON / Nigeria, China Partner To Curtail Importation Of Substandard Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products by Babygiwa(f): 5:11pm On Apr 30, 2018
REFUTAL!!! SEAHORSE LUBRICANTS INDUSTRIES LIMITED PRESS RELEASE.

The attention of SEAHORSE LUBRICANTS INDUSTRIES LTD has been drawn to a spurious story aired on NTA and Galaxy Televisions purporting that the company manufactures and markets substandard products.

We deny this unfounded and baseless allegation and refute the story in its entirety, as our company, since inception has maintained high standards of quality as confirmed by series of routine tests carried out on our products by the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON).

We have been issued SON’s MANCAP Certificates, which is the only approved means of certifying products qualities in Nigeria.

SEAHORSE dismisses the allegation as the handiwork of detractors, who have become intimidated by the looming presence and increasing demands of our quality products.

The true story is that one of the company’s warehouses in Lagos was invaded commando style by men who claimed to be officials of SON.

What is difficult to understand is why such invasion was neither preceded by a complaint nor by any quality test before rushing to the media the same day.

Why the haste to discredit SEAHORSE without investigation or subjecting the company’s products to necessary and appropriate tests?

Whose interests were served by this ominous haste to smear the integrity of a company that has been duly and routinely certified by SON?

SEAHORSE is a multi billion Naira lubricants and allied products plant in Ozubulu, Anambra State, and the company’s products are routinely checked and tested by SON, and till date, our products qualities have not been faulted or questioned.

Therefore we ask, on whose authority and by what tests were the company’s products adjudged substandard?

Who and what reasons were behind the invasion of our warehouse and the subsequent charade on National Televisions and various newspapers.

We respect SON and appreciate its commitment to quality and safety but a situation where its officials work at crossroads with the organization’s laid down procedures becomes confusing and suspicious.

We cannot reconcile the invasion of our warehouse and the hasty media trial and conviction on television with SON’s recent routine tests on our products and its certification of our products high standards.

We ask our numerous customers to disregard this attempt by detractors to smear the impeccable reputation of our company and its products.

SEAHORSE will continue to be driven by a strong commitment to exceed the expectations of its patrons, by producing excellent products branded by high quality.

Signed:

HRM Chief Ebuka Onunkwo.
For: Management.

http://www.thebreakingpostng.com/news/press-release-seahorse-lubricants-limited-refutes-alleged-story-manufacturing-marketing-substandard-products/

1 Like

Re: Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products by oka4ugoo: 5:26pm On Apr 30, 2018
Me? FTC?

Wo! Wao!!

I deserve some accolades!!!

I've been paying my dues this past 4 yrs on Nairaland

I deserve some accolades.

Nairalanders give some accolades.

2 Likes

Re: Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products by UcheIgboanugo: 5:30pm On Apr 30, 2018
Hmmm.
Re: Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products by Greatmind24: 5:30pm On Apr 30, 2018
ok
Re: Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 30, 2018
Ogbodogbo 1 of Ihembosi, ị ga-di !
Re: Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products by meditate(m): 5:42pm On Apr 30, 2018
OK. Following
Re: Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products by goaldynman(m): 5:43pm On Apr 30, 2018
The truth is that since seahorse stopped importation of their ATF Oil from Turkey and subsequent scarcity of their product, the ones they are now manufacturing in Anambra are fake gear oil. I recently bought one and it looked like 'ogi' mixed with RED paint! The mechanic advised me to buy another product Agbro, for the gear. The seahorse was then used for only topping steering oil!!

4 Likes

Re: Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products by dfrost: 5:59pm On Apr 30, 2018
oka4ugoo:
Me? FTC?

Wo! Wao!!

I deserve some accolades!!!

I've been paying my dues this past 4 yrs on Nairaland

I deserve some accolades.

Nairalanders give some accolades.

cheesy grin angry Shame no dey catch you? You deserve some accolades because of FTC abi? angry shocked
Re: Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products by hisgrace090: 6:30pm On Apr 30, 2018
Naija manufacturers, once they force federal govt to ban product they will have level ground to impose sub standard goods on us.

One day una cup go full wella.

1 Like

Re: Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products by oka4ugoo: 6:32pm On Apr 30, 2018
dfrost:

cheesy grin angry Shame no dey catch you? You deserve some accolades because of FTC abi? angry shocked

grin grin grin

Give me some accolades...
Re: Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products by Mutemenot(m): 7:23pm On Apr 30, 2018
givan:
Ogbodogbo 1 of Ihembosi, ị ga-di !

Is he the owner of the company?

1 Like

Re: Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products by ahiarah: 7:33pm On Apr 30, 2018
No smoke without fire
Re: Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 30, 2018
Mutemenot:

Is he the owner of the company?

Yes. He's from Ihembosi.

1 Like

Re: Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products by Mutemenot(m): 7:42pm On Apr 30, 2018
givan:

Yes. He's from Ihembosi.

That's awesome, umunakwa ihembosi right?
Re: Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products by ironheart(m): 8:04pm On Apr 30, 2018
Hahahahahahaha, fake product, used the ATF in my power steering pump, the pump packup without warning.
Re: Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 30, 2018
Mutemenot:

Loo. You know Ihembosi. You're from there?
Re: Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 30, 2018
Mutemenot:

Lol. You know Ihembosi. You're from there?
Re: Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products by Mutemenot(m): 8:40pm On Apr 30, 2018
givan:

Lol. You know Ihembosi. You're from there?

Maternal home. He's related to mom. I once bn to his house
Re: Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:00pm On Apr 30, 2018
goaldynman:
The truth is that since seahorse stopped importation of their ATF Oil from Turkey and subsequent scarcity of their product, the ones they are now manufacturing in Anambra are fake gear oil. I recently bought one and it looked like 'ogi' mixed with RED paint! The mechanic advised me to buy another product Agbro, for the gear. The seahorse was then used for only topping steering oil!!
Bitter soul, standards of their products are confirmed by series of routine tests by SON and other relevant agencies

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:13pm On Apr 30, 2018
goaldynman:
[b]The truth isb]
Go and check your car's fault, Seahorse is not your problem because I use their products, you guys are quick to condemn Products manufactured in Southeast , but you guys are lazy to source for solutions only depends on foreign investors or products, same way you guys talk down on Innoson vehicles, Aba products and what have you

7 Likes

Re: Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products by Obdk: 9:37pm On Apr 30, 2018
how come I'm hearing dis now.

I'm lubricants dealer. i ve never received anu complaint about sea horse. products

4 Likes

Re: Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products by Obdk: 9:43pm On Apr 30, 2018
goaldynman:

shameless liar. we kno wat u guys do. you yoruba people re always quick to lie so you run down businesses in igbo land.

sea horse is a very good product. people re buying it and always xome back. mechanics recommend seahorse and we deliver.
Re: Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products by Obdk: 9:49pm On Apr 30, 2018
hisgrace090:
Naija manufacturers, once they force federal govt to ban product they will have level ground to impose sub standard goods on us.

One day una cup go full wella.

. this is smear campaign against the new company. besides seahorse never got government to ban anything.
AZ oil
dozzy Powerflo oil
Jezco oil
this companies i mentioned above are hundred times bigger companies than sea horse. they re all in Anambra and never got any government to ban.

i am a lubricant dealer. i sub deal seahorse. i ve never received complaint

2 Likes

Re: Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products by helpishere(m): 3:28am On May 01, 2018
Seahorse products are all substandard. So also are all the many lubricants made in the country. Can anyone in the company tell us where they got the certification of Dexron 111d? Even the Americans have never seen 111d in their classifications. The truth about the product is that it deceives a lot of motorists who believe it is dexron 111 and meanwhile it is worse than that. It is a destroyer of gearboxes, power steering and engines as their engine oils have been termed obsolete and not fit for even cars produced in 1980. The only truth about them is that SON gave them approval because SON minimum benchmark for engine oil is API SD, which is why we have many dead oils being produced locally . SON is to be blamed

1 Like

Re: Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products by Obdk: 7:19am On May 01, 2018
helpishere:
Seahorse products are all substandard. So also are all the many lubricants made in the country. Can anyone in the company tell us where they got the certification of Dexron 111d? Even the Americans have never seen 111d in their classifications. The truth about the product is that it deceives a lot of motorists who believe it is dexron 111 and meanwhile it is worse than that. It is a destroyer of gearboxes, power steering and engines as their engine oils have been termed obsolete and not fit for even cars produced in 1980. The only truth about them is that SON gave them approval because SON minimum benchmark for engine oil is API SD, which is why we have many dead oils being produced locally . SON is to be blamed

hate.

the hate in u is so obvious. hate it or love it seahorse oil is on course. its one of the fastest selling lubricant products.
Re: Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products by Absoj(m): 9:01am On May 01, 2018
Evil attempt to attack eastern interest. ..first it is Innosson , now seahorse...if na Dangote dey manufacture seahorse now, nobody go look the direction. No problem sha. I blame Lord lugard
Re: Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products by Absoj(m): 9:04am On May 01, 2018
Evil attempt to attack eastern interest. ..first it is Innosson , now seahorse despite passing routine tests..if na Dangote dey manufacture seahorse now, nobody go look the direction. No problem sha. I blame Lord lugard
Re: Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products by helpishere(m): 8:01pm On May 01, 2018
Obdk:

hate.

the hate in u is so obvious. hate it or love it seahorse oil is on course. its one of the fastest selling lubricant products.
It is the fastest way to destroy your gearbox. Anyone defending this product should use it for their vehicles to support the Eastern economy
Re: Seahorse Lubricants Refutes Alleged Story Of Manufacturing Substandard Products by Obdk: 10:37am On May 02, 2018
helpishere:

It is the fastest way to destroy your gearbox. Anyone defending this product should use it for their vehicles to support the Eastern economy

stop hating

(1) (Reply)

HELP! Palmcredit Sent A Threat Message To Me / Bank Directors Show Support For CBN’s Directive On Sale Of Excess Dollar / Nigeria’s Crude Oil Export To Crash To 1.72 Million Barrels In October

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.