Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" (1647 Views)

When You Marry Your Landlord's Daughter Just To Avoid Rent(picture) / Don’t Marry Your Boyfriend If He Does These 4 Things / Will You Still Marry Your Spouse If You Have Another Opportunity To Marry Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by phemmyutd(m): 1:40pm On May 19, 2010
Can you go ahead and get married to your spouse if both of you find out you were both AS.?[b][/b]
Re: Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by osteen(m): 2:11pm On May 19, 2010
Not Advisable.
Re: Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 19, 2010
Do you know there's a search button on this forum
Re: Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by Onchedu(m): 2:27pm On May 19, 2010
Babe, Abeg for the sake of the unborn children and the trauma they will go thru if any of them ends up being born SS, don't even think about it.

Lets not even go to the strain on Ur pockets on medical bills or the strain on Ur marriage cos one of U will have to spend sleepless nyts in the hospital nursing the sick child and blaming each other for being unwise and all that.

If U have faith, U can get either or both Ur genotypes changed tho. Well either faith or lots of money to have the procedure done abroad.
Re: Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 19, 2010
Onchedu:

Babe, Abeg for the sake of the unborn children and the trauma they will go thru if any of them ends up being born SS, don't even think about it.

Lets not even go to the strain on your pockets on medical bills or the strain on your marriage cos one of U will have to spend sleepless nyts in the hospital nursing the sick child and blaming each other for being unwise and all that.

If U have faith, U can get either or both your genotypes changed tho. Well either faith or lots of money to have the procedure done abroad.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by candylips(m): 2:37pm On May 19, 2010
very risky
Re: Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 19, 2010
Onchedu:

Lets not even go to the strain on your pockets on medical bills or the strain on your marriage cos one of U will have to spend sleepless nyts in the hospital nursing the sick child and blaming each other for being unwise and all that.

If U have faith, U can get either or both your genotypes changed tho. Well either faith or lots of money to have the procedure done abroad.
Everybody Shout hallelujah!! grin
Re: Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by sesman(m): 4:11pm On May 19, 2010
Onchedu:

what the F***, am reading this right, no you didnt just typed that grin
Re: Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by Onchedu(m): 4:33pm On May 19, 2010
So what's the problem with what I said
Re: Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 19, 2010
Onchedu:

So what's the problem with what I said

You are suggesting that somehow, by faith, God could change somebody's hgenotype!  shocked  shocked

Ever considered that the 'all-knowing' God had a reason for giving him/her that genotype in the first place    undecided
Re: Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by Onchedu(m): 4:39pm On May 19, 2010
Ujujoan:

You are suggesting that somehow, by faith, God could change somebody's hgenotype!  shocked  shocked

Ever considered that the 'all-knowing' God had a reason for giving him/her that genotype in the first place    undecided

So money can by medical science change genotypes but God can't?

Why was the blind man in the bible that Jesus healed born blind?
Re: Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 19, 2010
Onchedu:

So money can by medical science change genotypes but God can't?

Why was the blind man in the bible that Jesus healed born blind?

I'm not saying God can't, I'm just saying it's not right!

Genotype AS is not an illness, whereas blindness it!
Re: Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by Onchedu(m): 4:54pm On May 19, 2010
Ujujoan:

I'm not saying God can't, I'm just saying it's not right!

Genotype AS is not an illness, whereas blindness it!

Now U, my dear, are trying to "rationalize."

What's not right? Having faith or knowing that God is more than able to do above all we can ask or think?
What's not right? Accepting that if medical science can do it God can more than do it?

100years ago if anyone prayed to God to change him from a man to a woman (for whatsoever crazy reaqson myt have popped into his head) he'd have been executed for thinking such a thing. Today people are changing their intimacy back and forth using medical science money pays for and no one is wondering how?

Blindness to God's power and abilities and blindness to the challenges that stand between us and our happiness, knowing God is able to remove them from where they are, which is better?
Re: Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by Onchedu(m): 4:56pm On May 19, 2010
Did U and the rest of the peeps that are raising eye brows to that part of my first post on this issue read the rest of what I said at all?
Re: Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by TOPE20001(f): 4:57pm On May 19, 2010
do ppl really chk their genotype b4 getting married. . . . . For real??
Re: Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 19, 2010
Onchedu:

Now U, my dear, are trying to "rationalize."

What's not right? Having faith or knowing that God is more than able to do above all we can ask or think?
What's not right? Accepting that if medical science can do it God can more than do it?

100years ago if anyone prayed to God to change him from a man to a woman (for whatsoever crazy reaqson myt have popped into his head) he'd have been executed for thinking such a thing. Today people are changing their intimacy back and forth using medical science money pays for and no one is wondering how?

Blindness to God's power and abilities and blindness to the challenges that stand between us and our happiness, knowing god is able to remove them from where they are, which is better?

Now you are telling me how confused God is? Granted, human beings are the most confused of God's creation but God? He wasn't kidding confused when he made us what he made us!

I had someone who paid pastors tonnes of money to change his genotype from AS to AA. Now that is confusion!  undecided
Re: Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by Onchedu(m): 5:03pm On May 19, 2010
Ujujoan:

Now you are telling me how confused God is? Granted, human beings are the most confused of God's creation but God? He wasn't kidding confused when he made us what he made us!

I had someone who paid pastors tonnes of money to change his genotype from AS to AA. Now that is confusion!  undecided

Well he was paying the wrong people. He should have taken his cash to doctors and research scientists.

What is confusion about God's purposes and abilities? Would U say he was confused making fault lines under the earth that lead to earthquakes, or that he was confused making winds that could move fast enough to tear down buildings, or that he was confused in putting volcanoes on the earth, or that he was confused making wild animals that can tear humans to bits and pieces, or that he was confused when he was merciful enough not to kill the devil and the other fallen angels when they rebelled in heaven?
Re: Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 19, 2010
I'm sorry, as an AS, I take offence to you suggesting that there is something wrong with that genotype. I mean you are comparing it with blindness and natural disasters! undecided
Re: Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by Onchedu(m): 5:15pm On May 19, 2010
Ujujoan:

I'm sorry, as an AS, I take offence to you suggesting that there is something wrong with that genotype. I mean you are comparing it with blindness and natural disasters! undecided

tehehehehe, U sound like a cute lil girl when U try setting me up to look bad. I suggested no similarities of that nature. U can show me where I did sha.

Do U even know my own genotype? U think I'm AA?
Re: Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by Onchedu(m): 5:18pm On May 19, 2010
TOPE2000!:

do ppl really chk their genotype b4 getting married. . . . . For real??

Chic where have U been? Some churches wont even wed the couple until they've brought medical reports including results of their genotype and HIV status.
Re: Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 19, 2010
Onchedu:

tehehehehe, U sound like a cute lil girl when U try setting me up to look bad. I suggested no similarities of that nature. U can show me where I did sha.

Do U even know my own genotype? U think I'm AA?

lol grin

Oh you are AS? Now I see the need for the strong 'faith' . . let me guess u r in love with an As too? lol! I've been there bro, it's not a road you want to take. . you shd forget it while it's still early! wink cheesy
Re: Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by TOPE20001(f): 5:23pm On May 19, 2010
Onchedu:

Chic where have U been? Some churches wont even wed the couple until they've brought medical reports including results of their genotype and HIV status.

Really?? I should be going to churches like that
Re: Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 19, 2010
Seriously Tope, you shouldn't take these things lightly. It's been known to ruin many lives!
Re: Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by TOPE20001(f): 5:28pm On May 19, 2010
Ujujoan:

Seriously Tope, you shouldn't take these things lightly. It's been known to ruin many lives!

I knw it shudnt be taken lightly, i mean HIV status i completely agree with that but genotype?? Maybe i dnt really give a ffuck abt that it cuz im AA.
Re: Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by Onchedu(m): 5:33pm On May 19, 2010
TOPE2000!:

I knw it shudnt be taken lightly, i mean HIV status i completely agree with that but genotype?? Maybe i dnt really give a ffuck abt that it cuz im AA.

Form wan kpai U be that. If U set Ur eyes on any guy now ehn, just tell him Ur AA. tongue

Ok seriously, it's good to know Ur genotype and Ur partners own too. There are other lives that will be affected by Ur decisions to become one.
Re: Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 19, 2010
TOPE2000!:

Exactly! Trust me, if you were AS, you'd be more careful!  cheesy
Re: Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 19, 2010
@ topic

i can, if there is mutual agreement not pro-create, but adopt, It will be very selfish of anyone to bring kids to this world just to suffer.

Then again, i don't see that happening because am AA
Re: Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by TOPE20001(f): 5:36pm On May 19, 2010
Onchedu:

Form wan kpai U be that. If U set your eyes on any guy now ehn, just tell him your AA. tongue

Ok seriously, it's good to know your genotype and your partners own too. There are other lives that will be affected by your decisions to become one.

Yea. u guys r right
Re: Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by Onchedu(m): 5:38pm On May 19, 2010
And all this brouhaha makes the AA's in high demand now. Wonder what the AB's, SS's and AS's make of it?
Re: Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by TOPE20001(f): 5:43pm On May 19, 2010
Onchedu:

And all this brouhaha makes the AA's in high demand now. Wonder what the AB's, SS's and AS's make of it?

Buahahahahaha. . . . .so being AA is now hot commodity?? Na wa o. Lol
Re: Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 19, 2010
TOPE2000!:

Buahahahahaha. . . . .so being AA is now hot commodity?? Na wa o. Lol

Before nko? It's 3 against 1! That's why people should NEVER take the risk. We need more AAs cool
Re: Can You Marry Your Spouse If Both Of You Are "as" by TOPE20001(f): 5:52pm On May 19, 2010
Ujujoan:

Before nko? It's 3 against 1! That's why people should NEVER take the risk. We need more AAs  cool

So are u ppl saying being AA can be a very profitable thing? Lol
If that is the case pls gimme the number of any rich AS or SS guy. Hehehehe

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should She Have Paid? / Wow! Hmm How True Guys? / Husband Arrives In The Uk And Leaves You For A White Lady:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.