Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari (37195 Views)

Akeredolu: I Didn’t Discuss Amotekun With Buhari / Donald Trump's 'Buhari Is Lifeless': Buhari Media Organisation Reacts To Comment / Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by Ebullience(m): 8:34pm On Apr 30, 2018
Nigerian president Muhammadu Buhari Monday said he avoided bringing up President Donald Trump’s alleged vulgar remarks about African countries when the two presidents today at the White House because he was not sure his American counterpart truly made comment.

Buhari, the first sub-Saharan Africa president to meet Trump since he was sworn in January 2017, is currently in the US for bilateral talks on the invitation of the American president.

“I am not sure about the validity or whether that allegation against the President was true or not, so the best thing to do for me is to keep quiet,” Buhari said during a joint press conference with Trump at the Rose Garden at the White House.

Trump came under fire early in the year after he reportedly called some African countries ‘shithole’ at a private White House meeting on January 12. But he denied making the comment and labelled his accusers as fake news peddlers.

He doubled down on that denial during the press conference.

“We didn’t discuss it, because the president knows me, and he knows where I’m coming from and I appreciate that. We did not discuss it,” Trump said.

http://guardian.ng/news/why-i-didnt-discuss-shithole-comment-with-trump-buhari/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by Ichokwu: 8:39pm On Apr 30, 2018
Try am nou grin

182 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by JSMMUYIWA(m): 8:39pm On Apr 30, 2018
Ebullience:
Nigerian president Muhammadu Buhari Monday said he avoided bringing up President Donald Trump’s alleged vulgar remarks about African countries when the two presidents today at the White House because he was not sure his American counterpart truly made comment.

Buhari, the first sub-Saharan Africa president to meet Trump since he was sworn in January 2017, is currently in the US for bilateral talks on the invitation of the American president.

“I am not sure about the validity or whether that allegation against the President was true or not, so the best thing to do for me is to keep quiet,” Buhari said during a joint press conference with Trump at the Rose Garden at the White House.

Trump came under fire early in the year after he reportedly called some African countries ‘shithole’ at a private White House meeting on January 12. But he denied making the comment and labelled his accusers as fake news peddlers.

He doubled down on that denial during the press conference.

“We didn’t discuss it, because the president knows me, and he knows where I’m coming from and I appreciate that. We did not discuss it,” Trump said.

http://guardian.ng/news/why-i-didnt-discuss-shithole-comment-with-trump-buhari/

Well then, African Dignity is back.
In as much the statement is rescinded,I think Buhari recognition is well presidential here, and represented us well.
I think Trump is definitely not as vulgar as painted by many.

85 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by princemillla(m): 8:42pm On Apr 30, 2018
Even if you discuss it, what would you have done, slap him?
Ptcheeeeeww iranu

95 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by Uyiii: 8:42pm On Apr 30, 2018
Trump: hallo mallam, do you know what I meant with the word 'nigeria is a shït-hole country'?

buhari: kaii yowaa, you means niziria is za ekwanomic hole of za kwantinent and em, niziria is shitting za rest kwantries with ekwanomic stability.
ma fifful in niziria and oza kwantries thinks we wia insulted, but I know zat insult is fa za past administrations.

Trump: wow, always knew you won't disappoint me, now write 'nigeria is a shït-hole country'.

buhari: YOWAA.

252 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by maclatunji: 8:44pm On Apr 30, 2018
LOL

Trump said:

“You do have some countries that are in very bad shape and very tough places to live in. But we didn’t discuss it because the president knows me and he knows where I’m coming from.

More details http://www.opinions.ng/buhari-keep-quiet-trumps-shithole-comment-buhari/

I think the president handled it well.

Both men did well.

17 Likes

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by hucienda: 8:45pm On Apr 30, 2018
lol ... Buhari be like "una wan make Trump use me do practice abi?"

At least nobody teach am diplomacy in dis case.

11 Likes

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by fotadmowmend(m): 8:46pm On Apr 30, 2018
Is he afraid of him??

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:47pm On Apr 30, 2018
It is because you don't have the political will to ask such a question in the first place.When well educated leaders like Trump are talking how can a cattle patron ask such a question you never reach that level.When I watched the meeting between the two I thought the president would not disappoint but he obviously did by making stupid statement like how herdsmen don't carry AK-47 and I just bowed my head in shame.

55 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by whitebeard(m): 8:48pm On Apr 30, 2018
Oga sha dey pack for daura..as u dey come back naija u fit branch daura..see as things dey go

5 Likes

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 30, 2018
good answer from Buhari

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by JSMMUYIWA(m): 8:49pm On Apr 30, 2018
Uyiii:
Trump: hallo mallam, do you know what I meant with the word 'nigeria is a shït-hole country'?

buhari: kaii yowaa, you means niziria is za ekwanomic hole of za kwantinent and em, niziria is shitting za rest kwantries with ekwanomic stability.
ma fifful in niziria and oza kwantries thinks we wia insulted, but I know zat insult is fa za past administrations.

Trump: wow, always knew you won't disappoint me, now write 'nigeria is a shït-hole country'.

You people lasancheesy

5 Likes

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by annnikky(f): 8:50pm On Apr 30, 2018
U know that u came from a shithole con3 that's why u didn't have the liver/courage to ask him such question undecided

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 30, 2018
buhari did well sha tongue

7 Likes

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by Okoroawusa: 8:51pm On Apr 30, 2018
Uyiii:

DRY

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by fk001(m): 8:52pm On Apr 30, 2018
God bless Mr president.

He is a true leader with charisma

The more you hate him the more he prosper.

IPOB are still pained about his visit but unfortunately for them their opinion is as useless as horse sh!tt.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by Biglittlelois(f): 8:53pm On Apr 30, 2018
You fit? you nor reach calibre of people wey dey challenge Trump cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by BMCSlayer: 8:53pm On Apr 30, 2018
Coward

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by jessejey: 8:53pm On Apr 30, 2018
As if the killings in Nigeria will stop if he had asked him.

1 Like

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by pol23: 8:53pm On Apr 30, 2018
Like He's bold enough to bring up a topic.
He will answer what he's asked in his myopic view.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by eleojo23: 8:54pm On Apr 30, 2018
What is there to discuss about it?

Trump was right on the shíthole thingy na

Countries that were our mates before have left us behind...

Almost 60 years after independence, we still cannot generate enough electricity...common electricity... yet we have coal, petroleum, wind, sun, and enough water bodies

We produce crude oil and import the same oil again because we cannot refine it after more than 50years...

It is truly a shíthóle

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by KidsNEXTdoor: 8:54pm On Apr 30, 2018
Buhari is a shithole president

Sue me

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 30, 2018
As a matter of fact,many Nigerians themselves refer to their country as shiithole! We where a little far from surprised when DTJr used the word in a generalized context when referring to Africa. Our leaders had failed us repeatedly. And henceforth, any mention of SHIITHOLE should be capitalised!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by NaijaMutant(f): 8:54pm On Apr 30, 2018
grin
Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by KidsNEXTdoor: 8:55pm On Apr 30, 2018
fk001:
God bless Mr president.

He is a true leader with charisma

A cow ran away from daura and found itself on social media

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 30, 2018
Buhari making me laf over here..u dnt knw things happening in your country,au much more far away united states. "i am nt sure if truely he makes such statement bla bla bla" what are u ever sure of? Oh u r sure of the number of the majority of the youth u called sit at home youths ba and very sure that heardsmen dnt carry guns gash! Diz man has lost it .
Buhari u dnt knw the colour of your pant talkless of knowing what donald trump as cleared on twitter since january or so..i wonder the work your media aids garba and dat afonja sina are doing with updates or are they really updating you and u r nt sure they were the ones talking when u were told bk den? Dat wil b the issue. Baba just pack your load and go bk 2 daura immediately u land 4 nija. We are tired of diz your sense siesure and lost #cluelessnigerianpresident

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by Nairalandmentor(m): 8:55pm On Apr 30, 2018
smiley
Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by CryptoClub2018: 8:56pm On Apr 30, 2018
Buhari is evil

2 Likes

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by danduj(m): 8:56pm On Apr 30, 2018
Trump no even look him face grin

13 Likes

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by oshe11: 8:56pm On Apr 30, 2018
The OLD FOOL who said Herdsmen doesn't carry AK-47?
Discuss it na, make Trump no kee you there

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by rusher14: 8:56pm On Apr 30, 2018
Did you discuss IPOB?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari by budusky05(m): 8:56pm On Apr 30, 2018
Trump shithole was for IPOB. Not Nigeria

How come trump didn't mention IPOB. Did he (Trump) not promise them lefelendom

11 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Profile Of Prof. Danbatta - New NCC Chairman / Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised / Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.