Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State (14266 Views)

Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State / Catholic Bishop And Priests In UK In Isi-Agu Igbo Attire During Mass / Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State by Driftingking(m): 7:30am On May 01, 2018
A catholic priest, Rev. Fr. Dr Kevin Ugoamadi, who is the Parish Priest of Sacred Heart of Jesus Catholic Parish Akwakuma, in Owerri North LGA. Imo State on Sunday was attacked by some hoodlums during mass.

This is coming months after another Catholic Priest, Rev. F. Cyriacus Onunkwo was kidnapped and killed in the State!

This came after the priest made a disclaimer about one Mr. Solomon Ohakosim who has been parading himself as a catholic priest, extorting money from people and causing commotions in any community he stepped in.

Mr Solomon popularly known as ‘Monsignor’ is on a liberation mission at Akwakuma in Owerri North LGA. and from investigations made by the church discovers that this Solomon who hails from Okporo Orlu of Imo State is not a catholic by birth talk of being a catholic priest and the priest trying to warn these people involved towards the end of the mass was attacked by some boys from the community which was whisked away by members of the church.

Following this development, a parishioner who is a Senior Police officer invited some members of the Special Anti Robbery Squad {SARS} to intervene, the police officers were said to be in the church till the situation was calmed down.

Speaking with the priest, he confirmed some boys actually attacked him while speaking but he insisted saying the truth must be told. He also alleged that a number called him at the late hours of Sunday threatening his life and with some other parishioners quoting same.

Solomon has been to so many communities in Imo State like Amatta, Akabo of Ikeduru, Ideato North and South and some other communities.

We call on the general public and the appropriate authorities to please join their voices in spreading this gospel and to be very careful on whom we call man of God. God is a God of peace and not of confusion and troubles.

https://abacityblog.com/2018/04/breaking-hoodlums-attacks-catholic-priest-in-imo-state.html

Re: Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State by obaataaokpaewu: 7:34am On May 01, 2018
My parish that year

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State by mmb(m): 10:59am On May 01, 2018
Very soon some fanatic christians will come here and blame fulani herdsmen for this attack.

9 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State by Philinho(m): 11:00am On May 01, 2018
Demons in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State by Robbin7(m): 11:00am On May 01, 2018
They will soon say it’s Fulani x.men now.
grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State by Nobody: 11:02am On May 01, 2018
Where was his God when he was attacked?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State by balaclava: 11:03am On May 01, 2018
Euouae:

Ask google

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State by Nobody: 11:03am On May 01, 2018
Mollyadah:
God take control
Na herdsmen , dumb asses
Ipobians pigs

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State by OneCorner: 11:03am On May 01, 2018
Igbos and this cavemen attitude

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State by ISLAMBAD: 11:05am On May 01, 2018
Okorocha is gradually eliminating some of those Catholic priest that are against his son's in law governorship ambition because Catholic church has a great influence in IMO since 80% of imolites are catholic.

Shame in Rochas Okorocha .
I pity imolites.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State by HeyCorleone(m): 11:06am On May 01, 2018
Catholic priests would be the only ones assaulted because in reality they're the only ones working. The cross lines Pentecostal Pastors see from a distance and pray about with no result.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State by edupedia: 11:12am On May 01, 2018
mmb:
Very soon some fanatic christians will come here and blame fulani herdsmen for this attack.

...or say na Buhari's cause am sef....

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State by maestroferddi: 11:14am On May 01, 2018
Curious
Re: Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State by arsenal33: 11:15am On May 01, 2018
They will soon blame Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State by ollah2: 11:17am On May 01, 2018
Lets pretend this happened in the North or middle belt then the comments would have been, they are killing Christians and taking over the land but I expect the hypocrites to ignore this

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State by kabie(m): 11:18am On May 01, 2018
Euouae:
So he will come down with Ak-47 to protect him?
Receive sense IJN!!!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State by ezefrank87(m): 11:20am On May 01, 2018
How did we get to this sorry level? Priests used to be highly revered, now they are being assaulted and manhandled left, right n centre......indeed the days are evil.... Tufuakwa

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State by Nobody: 11:31am On May 01, 2018
kabie:

Receive sense IJN!!!

shocked Oh! I thought he is a spiritual shepherd as claimed in Psalm 23
Re: Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State by Antipob777(f): 11:35am On May 01, 2018
The ipob pigs and idiots will later say it's Fulani herdsmen as any attack today they say is Fulani herdsmen.

Hate for Buhari will send Igbos to early grave.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State by adem30: 11:36am On May 01, 2018
ollah2:
Lets pretend this happened in the North or middle belt then the comments would have been, they are killing Christians and taking over the land but I expect the hypocrites to ignore this

Same thing I used to tell my fellow Christians. We are just being hypocrite

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State by Antipob777(f): 11:37am On May 01, 2018
Igbos are carrying out deadly attacks in Venue while they claim its Fulani herdsmen.

Insha Allah they will be exposed very soon.

Idiotic pigs and chest beaters.
Nonsense

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State by vivvyo(m): 11:43am On May 01, 2018
and so someone wrote "Where was his God when he was attacked?"

and i couldn't help but wonder if one must talk,especially when he has nothing beneficial to say

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State by hopefulLandlord: 11:46am On May 01, 2018
Euouae:

he was too busy working in mysterious ways

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State by hopefulLandlord: 11:48am On May 01, 2018
kabie:

Receive sense IJN!!!

Yahweh promised his followers divine protection in the Bible

1. Psalm 1:6 For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked leads to destruction.

2. Psalm 121:5-8 The LORD watches over you— the LORD is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD will keep you from all harm– he will watch over your life ; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

3. Psalm 91:10-11 no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.

4. Isaiah 54:17“No weapon that is formed against you will prosper ; And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their vindication is from Me,” declares the LORD.

5. Proverbs 1:33 but whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm.”

6. Psalm 34:7 For the angel of the LORD is a guard; he surrounds and defends all who fear him.

7. Psalm 112:6-7 Surely the righteous will never be shaken; they will be remembered forever. They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the LORD.

8. Nahum 1:7 The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.

9. Psalm 56:4 In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.

10. Proverbs 29:25 Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe

11. Deuteronomy 31:8 Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you.”

12. Genesis 28:15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go , and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”

13. Proverbs 3:24-26 When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the Lord will be at your side and will keep your foot from being snared.

14. Psalm 27:1 Of David . The LORD is my light and my salvation– whom shall I fear ? The LORD is the stronghold of my life– of whom shall I be afraid?

15. Psalm 91:1-4 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust .” Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

16. Psalm 5:11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

17. Proverbs 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong fortress ; the godly run to him and are safe.

18. Psalm 144:2 He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge , who subdues peoples under me.

19. Exodus 14:14 The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to be silent .

there are still many more similar verses in the Christian Bible
Re: Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State by Killurself: 11:50am On May 01, 2018
hoodlums in attacking churches in east while herdsmen's in middle belt but why Igbo attacked Igbo? but they will be drinking paracetamol on middle belt. let fixed this country with love not by violence.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State by Nobody: 11:52am On May 01, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State by ItsMeAboki(m): 12:05pm On May 01, 2018
mmb:

I tell you.
Re: Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State by Jobig(m): 1:04pm On May 01, 2018
Euouae:
you lack wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Kevin Ugoamadi, Attacked During Mass In Imo State by chrisb2r200: 1:08pm On May 01, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

You need help....ASAP

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why. / The Naked Truth About Pastor Lazarus Muoka / RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2016 (Day 4)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.