Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,423 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Buzz Radio On A Press Interview With Yung Skybee, South East Popular Artist. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Buzz Radio On A Press Interview With Yung Skybee, South East Popular Artist. (449 Views)

BUZZ Radio Interviewed YUNG SKYBEE, One Of The Most Popular South East Artist. / DOWNLOAD MP3: Olamide Ft. Phyno – On A Must Buzz / Media Accent Nigeria Offers Tips on How To Write A Press Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buzz Radio On A Press Interview With Yung Skybee, South East Popular Artist. by Yung4(m): 9:24am On May 01, 2018
*Introduction*

Prince Abalu Somtochukwu Daniel popularly known as Yung skybee, in his debut interview with Buzz najia owerri of nigeria top radio station 181.1fm, dished on his career, his hustle to convert his family into his dreams, the first time his song was played in a club, and collaborations.

The singer revealed that he was asked to quit music because his parents thought that will bring his educational background down, of which he never listened to them, after concentrating on music. He also shared the story of how he was able to join his music career with education sector yet he is still doing very fine. Of which he was able convince his family to support him after he won his first musical award.

From discovering music, to chasing it agressively against the wishes of his family, yung skybee dishes on life before the fame, and the sacrifices he made to achieve it.

The full interview is transcribed and edited below.

*How did your origin of music started?*

Officially, I’ve been putting out records since I was 17,  that was like 3 years ago. Of which , I am recently studying engineering (metallurgical and material engineering) at Nnamdi Azikiwe University. Since I was a kid that has been my dream, to become an engineer. I got my first award when I was still in secondary school (D. M. G. S Onitsha). I had the interest of becoming an artist when I was 14, but I never knew who to purse them, until I met Some of friends that used to record at was around 2016. So I’d listen to there tracks, pick basic points, and they had to coach me until I dropped my first track (My love), remember then I was 18.

*How where you to convince your Family to allow you joining music?*

When I totally joined into music, my family was like I should never in my life think of becoming an artist, that I want to kill my education career. They even called most of my relations both uncles and aunts to talk to me but definitely a career can't be killed but delayed. My Dad even offered to give me all I asked for in order to quit music, but I declined it. I rather took my jamb made it and was admitted to study my dream.
Thou I am a lover of music, education can never seize to be my plan A.

The first record I put out first was ‘my love’. I was in onitsha at the time, when dropped this record. But then it was a pity because I and my close friends where those that had the track.
I was able to convince them after I brought home my first award and at the same time were doing good in my academic section.

*This most rated of your track Carolina, how was it produced*

The “Carolina" record was been done and mixed by DJ Hacker, I had a release date already at which the track was suppose to be out, but due to in the promotion of my previous track "Take It" it was delayed. After I dropped that record, it showed me that planning was very important. You can drop great jams music, you can put music out, but at the end of the day, I’m trying to take my African music around the world. So if I know that I’mma drop something and it is just gonna be good in Africa, if I got to wait, I’ll wait.

I have just been blessed to have sold out show in Awka around that kind beginning of last year (2017), that was my very first time performing in a multi crowd of about 3000+ individuals, to my greatest happiness I was very to turn up a lot of them present that very night. That was how I was picked and signed into RCW label under contract.

*What is your Style Of Music?*

I don’t even call my music Afropop, I call mine Afrobeat. To me it’s just too different. I can’t tell you it’s Afropop, because it’s not. “You know the originator of the Afrobeats is Fela. Fela has a sound which I can say has heavy baseline, the Rhodes, brass instrument, [and] the percussion is different. If you ask me ‘Carolina and take it’ is a Afrobeat, Afro mixed with little Calypso. But I feel like the Afrobeats is catchy and has caught wave since time. Because I know some Afrobeats songs that I don’t want to call Afrobeat. I call them Afro-Pop or I call Afro Trap. Everything is just still African music.
I have a total of 7 tracks now. 5 of the tracks are totally afrobeat while the remaining 2 are trapped RnB.

*Your musical awards?*

Yes, in a general terms I have a total of 5 different awards. Three leadership awards and Two musical awards.
Coming to the musical awards, I got the two awards within the space of a year (2017)
First award (King of South East Afrobeat) was given to me round September period
Second award (SEMA award as the Best pop artist of the year) was given to me on 4th November 2017.

*Relationship status, if yes disclose to the world how you meant her and her name*

Ahahahaha!!!!
This is hard to disclose now but I have to since it has been asked.
Yes I am currently in a serious relationship. Am stopping here

*We heard you have a record label, how true is that?*

Yes, I had to lunch my own label RBE record label after I had to leave RCW label because there payment was not encouraging.
R. Blinkz Empire Entertainment world is not just a label but a brand, under which we have the categories of (Modeling agency, Ushering agency, Acting production and Record label), this label was formed by a Yoruba young lady, of which I am the general brand manager, and since I am good in music, I had to manage the record label.

*Been a south east popular artist how do you term to sign in your artist?*

Mmmmmh!!
So many have brought up there music for consideriation, of which I have neglected so many too. I neglected them not because of there music are not owky. They are perfectly owky but I sign in my artist with there zeal and terms in turning up a get multitude of fans with what you can offer.

*Coming to the end of this press interview with Buzz radio fm owerri, we which to thank you for volunteering your time in accepting your invitation*

Haba, this is not a big deal.
You are all welcome.
It is still me Yung Skybee

(1) (Reply)

The Eyesores On Bridges In Abuja / How To Change Nairaland Password / How To Easily Get Rid Of Pimples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.