Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Simon Ateba Wanted To Ask Buhari Question At The White House, Then This Happened - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Simon Ateba Wanted To Ask Buhari Question At The White House, Then This Happened (53837 Views)

APC Chiefs Ask Buhari To Sack Akpabio For Constituting NDDC Committee / Simon Ateba Meets Atiku In The US. Photo / Amaechi's Look As Buhari Mumbles Over A Question At Town Hall Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simon Ateba Wanted To Ask Buhari Question At The White House, Then This Happened by dainformant(m): 9:31am On May 01, 2018
A Nigerian journalist based in Washington, D.C, has revealed how he almost came close to asking president Muhammadu Buhari question during his state briefing with U.S president, Donal Trump at the White House yesterday.

According to the reporter, Simon Ateba who was among other journalists present at the briefing , he was prevented by a lady from asking a question as he realized that the president had already been told of the questions which were meant to be asked.

Below is what he shared on Facebook.

I did not ask a question today to President Trump or President Buhari because the White House has a protocol. It asks every President to choose 2 journalists who will ask them questions. Nigerian questions went went through the Nigerian Embassy.

The President was told what they will ask him. I felt sad. I raised my hand and President Trump came close to making me ask my question. One Nigerian lady in New York was hitting me in the back not to ask a question.

It was not my day here in the Rose Garden inside the White House in Washington DC. But after the questions were asked, I realized that I may be playing on a different league. I thank God.

Being independent in journalism is crucial. But sustaining it is hard without enough ads. When the government flies you to DC, lodges you and promises you money, it's hard to do serious journalism work. But I thank God for blessing.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/05/journalist-simon-ateba-shares-what-happened-during-buharis-briefing-with-trump.html

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Simon Ateba Wanted To Ask Buhari Question At The White House, Then This Happened by hucienda: 9:34am On May 01, 2018
A country is hosting another and obviously would not want to make the hosted feel uncomfortable during his/her visit. That's not about the PFRN but protocol.

Same would happen were the POTUS to visit Aso.

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Simon Ateba Wanted To Ask Buhari Question At The White House, Then This Happened by Evablizin(f): 9:36am On May 01, 2018
shocked

Thank God they didn't allow you to ask the question.

65 Likes

Re: Simon Ateba Wanted To Ask Buhari Question At The White House, Then This Happened by CarlosTheJackal: 9:40am On May 01, 2018
everything about this dullard is prepared because he is just like a Grenade with a faulty pin.

buhari the dullard in chief

255 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Simon Ateba Wanted To Ask Buhari Question At The White House, Then This Happened by bigtt76(f): 9:40am On May 01, 2018
Buh the guy sef nor too look fine o! grin grin

dainformant:
A Nigerian journalist based in Washington, D.C, has revealed how he almost came close to asking president Muhammadu Buhari question during his state briefing with U.S president, Donald Trump at the White House yesterday.

According to the reporter, Simon Ateba who was among other journalists present at the briefing , he was prevented by a lady from asking a question as he realized that the president had already been told of the questions which were meant to be asked.

Below is what he shared on Facebook.

I did not ask a question today to President Trump or President Buhari because the White House has a protocol. It asks every President to choose 2 journalists who will ask them questions. Nigerian questions went went through the Nigerian Embassy.

The President was told what they will ask him. I felt sad. I raised my hand and President Trump came close to making me ask my question. One Nigerian lady in New York was hitting me in the back not to ask a question.

It was not my day here in the Rose Garden inside the White House in Washington DC. But after the questions were asked, I realized that I may be playing on a different league. I thank God.

Being independent in journalism is crucial. But sustaining it is hard without enough ads. When the government flies you to DC, lodges you and promises you money, it's hard to do serious journalism work. But I thank God for blessing.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/05/journalist-simon-ateba-shares-what-happened-during-buharis-briefing-with-trump.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simon Ateba Wanted To Ask Buhari Question At The White House, Then This Happened by Gossiplover: 9:40am On May 01, 2018
we know but that is what the journalist is saying....The protocol makes it hard to do serious journalism because you must ask the president a FAVORABLE question.
hucienda:
A country is hosting another and obviously would not want to make the hosted feel uncomfortable during his/her visit. That's not about the PFRN but protocol.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Simon Ateba Wanted To Ask Buhari Question At The White House, Then This Happened by pyyxxaro: 9:41am On May 01, 2018
Yusuf your father testes kiss

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Simon Ateba Wanted To Ask Buhari Question At The White House, Then This Happened by Nobody: 10:05am On May 01, 2018
Buhari always ahead of their plan. This amiable man is the slayer of the wailers grin The more they hate, the more he shines. The results of the 2019 presidential polls will be the last nail to wailers' coffin grin

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Simon Ateba Wanted To Ask Buhari Question At The White House, Then This Happened by chuckjonesautos: 10:06am On May 01, 2018
pyyxxaro:
Yusuf your father testes kiss

Lol!

2 Likes

Re: Simon Ateba Wanted To Ask Buhari Question At The White House, Then This Happened by tydi(m): 10:07am On May 01, 2018
shocked
Re: Simon Ateba Wanted To Ask Buhari Question At The White House, Then This Happened by ipobarecriminals: 10:07am On May 01, 2018
sad
Re: Simon Ateba Wanted To Ask Buhari Question At The White House, Then This Happened by CYBERGHOST007(m): 10:07am On May 01, 2018
shocked

You want to disgrace their Demigod Abi?

You get luck say that question no commot for your mouth. Fulani Herdsmen would have taken over your village by now killing all your love ones for disgraceful attitude to their baba

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simon Ateba Wanted To Ask Buhari Question At The White House, Then This Happened by Edenoscar2(m): 10:07am On May 01, 2018
H
Re: Simon Ateba Wanted To Ask Buhari Question At The White House, Then This Happened by Deltayankeeboi: 10:08am On May 01, 2018
Re: Simon Ateba Wanted To Ask Buhari Question At The White House, Then This Happened by Nairalandmentor(m): 10:08am On May 01, 2018
grin grin Thank God you no ask oh. Him for disgrace you there join.

Abeg check my signature if you want a professional website design without advanced payment
Re: Simon Ateba Wanted To Ask Buhari Question At The White House, Then This Happened by Nobody: 10:08am On May 01, 2018
Like for trump, share for buhari

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Simon Ateba Wanted To Ask Buhari Question At The White House, Then This Happened by chumaster(m): 10:08am On May 01, 2018
grin

This man is intellectually deficient to rule even a state not to talk of a country as big as Nigeria

##
fk001:

But he is the president of federal republic of Nigeria despite his intellectual laziness while your ancestors with higher IQ never sniffed a ward councillorship talkless of his position.

Go sleep jor
Get behind me

Toks2008:

Most of us voted him for his zero tolerance to corruption and in all fairness,he has not disappointed in that area.
Zero tolerance to corruption indeed.
Bro are you really serious?
Maybe Maina, Grass cutting, Dubai properties etc cases happened in Burundi not Nigeria.
Forget APC and PDP, maintain an objective mind instead.

20 Likes

Re: Simon Ateba Wanted To Ask Buhari Question At The White House, Then This Happened by ikaboy: 10:08am On May 01, 2018
See his nig nose
Re: Simon Ateba Wanted To Ask Buhari Question At The White House, Then This Happened by Nobody: 10:08am On May 01, 2018
You want Buhari to slump and die abi

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simon Ateba Wanted To Ask Buhari Question At The White House, Then This Happened by Oreofepeters: 10:09am On May 01, 2018
Ahah it's better that way, that man is a dullard. Got nothing upstairs to say when asked.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simon Ateba Wanted To Ask Buhari Question At The White House, Then This Happened by a19xxl: 10:11am On May 01, 2018
Why can’t some people see anything good in our President,they r just there to say crap all d time,how many presidents has trump invited?
Edenoscar2:
H

1 Like

Re: Simon Ateba Wanted To Ask Buhari Question At The White House, Then This Happened by harizonal123(m): 10:11am On May 01, 2018
The killer question that would have spoilt Buhari visit to the US. Thank God for that lady cos from the way your mouth looks ehn....

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simon Ateba Wanted To Ask Buhari Question At The White House, Then This Happened by mikoli: 10:11am On May 01, 2018
hucienda:

nsija lo wa
Re: Simon Ateba Wanted To Ask Buhari Question At The White House, Then This Happened by Adefemiaderoju1: 10:12am On May 01, 2018
Even if you are giving opportunity to ask the president questions you would be disappointed with what's going to comes out from his mouth he can hardly express himself

Buhari a big disgrace to Nigeria

12 Likes

Re: Simon Ateba Wanted To Ask Buhari Question At The White House, Then This Happened by timilehing(m): 10:12am On May 01, 2018
Our dullard presido
Re: Simon Ateba Wanted To Ask Buhari Question At The White House, Then This Happened by Nobody: 10:12am On May 01, 2018
Evablizin:
shocked

Thank God they didn't allow you to ask the question.
would have been a big disgrace to our country worldwide mhen

3 Likes

Re: Simon Ateba Wanted To Ask Buhari Question At The White House, Then This Happened by maxiuc(m): 10:12am On May 01, 2018
cheesy
Re: Simon Ateba Wanted To Ask Buhari Question At The White House, Then This Happened by Opinionated: 10:12am On May 01, 2018
Just say you did not get to ask your question. PMB was a guest, he was not the moderator of the session.

Read the Full Text of President Buhari’s Opening Address at the White House Press Conference with
Re: Simon Ateba Wanted To Ask Buhari Question At The White House, Then This Happened by miqos02(m): 10:13am On May 01, 2018
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Joins Nollywood With ‘Equity Unbound' / APC Supporters React As President Tinubu Appoints Obidient As Special Assistant. / Drunk Police Officer Sighted In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.