Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,543 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Why Are There Few Female Programmers - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Are There Few Female Programmers (1165 Views)

Female Programmers In Nigeria? / Welcome To Abuja Where Their Are No Female Programmers / Female Programmers Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There Few Female Programmers by sparkle6(m): 11:15am On May 01, 2018
In Nigerian Universities, there is considerably growth in male applicants in computer science. But am baffled that there is just a sprinkling of females in Cmp departments.
I dont know why many ladies are not interested in computer geeky stuffs and programming.
All they know is candy Crush and thats it.
So Ladies over to you? Tell us why?
Re: Why Are There Few Female Programmers by chinavs9ja(m): 11:30am On May 01, 2018
They are intelligent but they don't like using their brain. They rather prefer to sell themselves to yahoo boiz for quick money. Ladies are somehow!
Re: Why Are There Few Female Programmers by crowntoro(f): 12:53pm On May 01, 2018
chai... see comments

'the cant use their brain'
'all they know is candy crush' cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Well, I am a female and I am learning programming presently but I will not lie to you guys, it has not been easy learning programming..it takes a lot of resilience because there are times one would just feel like giving up

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There Few Female Programmers by osarenomaspecial: 4:08am On May 02, 2018
They don't have the interest and since there is no interest they won't put in the effort.
Re: Why Are There Few Female Programmers by ALLU: 9:12am On May 02, 2018
These comments are ignorant, illogical, and insulting.

There are female programmers. At my former company the CTO was a lady who was a wizard with laser focus. But I cannot count the number of times people would walk into the room and address her as the secretary or someone junior until one of us staff correct the person.

And these comments here. My God. So because you don't know any female programmers all women Like to sell themselves to yahoo boys and don't like using their brain. Do you know all programmers? Do you not see girls who hussle everyday trying to make something of themselves ?

Qubes OS, the OS being touted as the most secure right now by the likes of Snowden, was designed by a woman.

The CTOs of Nest, Starbucks, gap and coca cola are women.

At my current company our CEO who's a woman built the core technology we are now working as a team to extend and optimize.

I rest my case.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There Few Female Programmers by excanny: 9:34am On May 03, 2018
Most women don't like things that would stress them like math, programming, engineering, etc.

And women aren't much among those with very high IQ. This isn't sexist comment. I can show you the scientific study on it, if you desire.

They are averagely intelligent but don't possess the highest of "risk-takers" in learning hard stuffs.
Re: Why Are There Few Female Programmers by holuphisayor(m): 9:53am On May 03, 2018
excanny:
Most women don't like things that would stress them like math, programming, engineering, etc.

And women aren't much among those with very high IQ. This isn't sexist comment. I can show you the scientific study on it, if you desire.

They are averagely intelligent but don't possess the highest of "risk-takers" in learning hard stuffs.
you comments could be insulting to the hardworking ladies out there.

The first time I posted a problem on stackexchange, a lady solved it for me in a split second. I later found out she was a lecturer in an Austrian university. She was also a moderator on stackexchange.

I've met ladies with high aptitude for solving maths too. So you shouldn't be generalizing ur comments.
Re: Why Are There Few Female Programmers by excanny: 11:55am On May 03, 2018
holuphisayor:

you comments could be insulting to the hardworking ladies out there.

The first time I posted a problem on stackexchange, a lady solved it for me in a split second. I later found out she was a lecturer in an Austrian university. She was also a moderator on stackexchange.

I've met ladies with high aptitude for solving maths too. So you shouldn't be generalizing ur comments.

Your inability to read and understand would be more insulting to any lady you are with or meet.

Does just one lady represent all women? Did I say all women?
Re: Why Are There Few Female Programmers by sparkle6(m): 12:27pm On May 03, 2018
excanny:

So you mean those women that developed the first Compilier have low iq?
Re: Why Are There Few Female Programmers by excanny: 3:10pm On May 03, 2018
sparkle6:

So you mean those women that developed the first Compilier have low iq?

No. I mean a small of them in the high IQ range.

It's a scientific fact. Nothing sexist in it. I can supply you the data. People who aren't ignorant of that data know about it, except you of course.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Cpanel Software / Developer For A Mobile App / How Do I Login GMAIL Account Bypassing The Phone Verification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.