Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Mtn Lumos Solar Power How Efficient And Details? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Lumos Solar Power How Efficient And Details? (10853 Views)

MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence / Has Mtn Lumos Electricity Fold? / How Efficient Is Glo Subscription? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mtn Lumos Solar Power How Efficient And Details? by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 25, 2018
odysey:

can it be less than 150k?

Yeap with a smaller capacity of battery like 100Ah but trust me you will not enjoy it.
Re: Mtn Lumos Solar Power How Efficient And Details? by Wilfem(m): 10:19am On Sep 25, 2018
skywalker240:

multiply that by 5 years, @ bolded.

a normal 1000kva inverter (including solar panel, batteries, and installation) would cost you 165k-185k+ mind you there is no supscription involved.

Indeed MTN Is another political party that took after APC & PDP. grin
And how many people have that kind of money in bulk to pay at once for inverters of such? I'm not disputing the fact that those other inverters are much better than the Lumos stuff, but the availability of the money in bulk is the key factor here.
I'm still enjoying my Lumos box notwithstanding.

1 Like

Re: Mtn Lumos Solar Power How Efficient And Details? by skywalker240(m): 10:39am On Sep 25, 2018
Wilfem:

And how many people have that kind of money in bulk to pay at once for inverters of such? I'm not disputing the fact that those other inverters are much better than the Lumos stuff, but the availability of the money in bulk is the key factor here.
I'm still enjoying my Lumos box notwithstanding.
From an economic perspective, i respect ur oppinion, people tend to take the easier step as the readily available means, but FroM the realistic point of view, its penny wise pound ............... grin
IMO, I would go for a gen set, if i cant spend such. (no pun intended) this would have been a nice option(what you saying), but the problem here is the way MTN Reap people off, and what happens when maybe you are not able to meet up for maybe 2, 3 month or maybe a year?
Re: Mtn Lumos Solar Power How Efficient And Details? by Wilfem(m): 2:04pm On Sep 25, 2018
skywalker240:

From an economic perspective, i respect ur oppinion, people tend to take the easier step as the readily available means, but FroM the realistic point of view, its penny wise pound ............... grin
IMO, I would go for a gen set, if i cant spend such. (no pun intended) this would have been a nice option(what you saying), but the problem here is the way MTN Reap people off, and what happens when maybe you are not able to meet up for maybe 2, 3 month or maybe a year?
I do have a medium Sumec generator, but I'm not a gen person, as I personally hate noise. The generator noise is a disturbance to myself, not to talk of my neighbours. Like I've been saying, the Lumos box has been serving me, as it powers my TV and decoder anytime of the day, not minding the fact of having to cough out N4500 every month for it. But it is still okay for me. Thanks for your opinion and suggestions too.
Re: Mtn Lumos Solar Power How Efficient And Details? by skywalker240(m): 2:56pm On Sep 25, 2018
Wilfem:

I do have a medium Sumec generator, but I'm not a gen person, as I personally hate noise. The generator noise is a disturbance to myself, not to talk of my neighbours. Like I've been saying, the Lumos box has been serving me, as it powers my TV and decoder anytime of the day, not minding the fact of having to cough out N4500 every month for it. But it is still okay for me. Thanks for your opinion and suggestions too.
no heat, whatever rocks your yatch.
Re: Mtn Lumos Solar Power How Efficient And Details? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Sep 25, 2018
150AH battery 75k
250watts Mono solar panel 38k (25years warranty) or 2 130watts mono@24k all northern states poly panel works effectively except Jos, Bukuru.
1kva/approx 900VA inverter 45k (1 year warranty)
30amps pwm solar charger 9500 prices ex-lagos.
Approx 170k
1 32inch LED TV
4 3watts LED bulbs
1 50watts standing fan
Unlimited phone and laptop charging
1 45watts 80 watts output home theater
Gotv/startimes/FTA decoders
What you need to do.Instant gratification may scare you to invest in silent energy, you can purchase these items by tranches, Panel first
Inverter and solar charger second, these are not vegetables they don't decay, thirdly battery.
This far outweighs MTN so called lumos, which at the end of 5years, you have cough out over #245,000.

1 Like

Re: Mtn Lumos Solar Power How Efficient And Details? by semitunde: 3:47pm On Oct 02, 2018
Olatoman:

A standing Fan, Laptop and phones.
The Lumos will power the above devices with ease, my only concern is what size your fan is, and the make of your laptop.

I use the Lumos, watch TV with it, charge my phone and laptop with it, it always takes like 3/4 hours before it drops to 65% and honestly, can't recall the last time I switched on my Gen.

Let me know the size of your fan/laptop, if possible attach pictures.
A neighbour if mine got same but his laptop energy requirements was beyond the Lumos, lenovo(the high end variant) .

I use 2 Dell latitude E6430 ATG with 90watt power packs each. Is that still within the capacity of the MTN lumos?
Re: Mtn Lumos Solar Power How Efficient And Details? by Olatoman(m): 5:24pm On Oct 02, 2018
semitunde:

I use 2 Dell latitude E6430 ATG with 90watt power packs each. Is that still within the capacity of the MTN lumos?

Yes you can.
I'll however want you to test with someone who as a Lumos system or you can go ahead to Mtn office with your system to test.

1 Like

Re: Mtn Lumos Solar Power How Efficient And Details? by odimbannamdi(m): 3:12am On Nov 10, 2018
Wilfem:
I've been using the Mobile Electricity stuff for over a year now and I'm enjoying it. I've had no regrets buying and making use of it.
It powers my 32 inches Samsung LED tv (54 watts), Dstv Zapper Decoder, 2 follow-come Bulbs and a Standing DC fan, all at the same time for 5 hours.
But if its only the Dc fan, it can power it up to 15 hours.
The rate of charging depends on the intensity of the sun.

bro, pleaae how do i get the DC fan??
Re: Mtn Lumos Solar Power How Efficient And Details? by Wilfem(m): 8:46am On Nov 10, 2018
odimbannamdi:

bro, pleaae how do i get the DC fan??
The fan I initially stated here was a normal standing fan, which consumes the power a lot from the inverter box. Around March this year, I later bought the 12v Standing Solar fan, which is by far better than the other one, as this one doesn't consume much of the power.
As a matter of fact, 35% of the battery power lasts me from 10pm to 6am (8 hours). Got it for N15k from another Company's Solar Product. MTN sells theirs for N19 or N20k

1 Share

Re: Mtn Lumos Solar Power How Efficient And Details? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 10, 2018
dont even think of getting lumos because at the end you will regret it...................

backlog on the system is crap

emptyhen biggest scam
Re: Mtn Lumos Solar Power How Efficient And Details? by odimbannamdi(m): 9:18pm On Nov 10, 2018
Wilfem:

The fan I initially stated here was a normal standing fan, which consumes the power a lot from the inverter box. Around March this year, I later bought the 12v Standing Solar fan, which is by far better than the other one, as this one doesn't consume much of the power.
As a matter of fact, 35% of the battery power lasts me from 10pm to 6am (8 hours). Got it for N15k from another Company's Solar Product. MTN sells theirs for N19 or N20k

Is the fan rechargeable and does it come with its own solar panel? Please can i have your number?
Re: Mtn Lumos Solar Power How Efficient And Details? by Olatoman(m): 9:45am On Nov 11, 2018
azraeljaheel:
dont even think of getting lumos because at the end you will regret it...................

backlog on the system is crap

emptyhen biggest scam

Can you please break into details what you mean by "backlog on the system is crap" azraeljaheel?
Re: Mtn Lumos Solar Power How Efficient And Details? by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 11, 2018
Don't buy it. BTW, I own it, a've been using it for almost a year now. Within this time, it got broken 3 times, first it was the inverter, I had to call for almost 2 weeks before they came to change it. Then it was the solar panel, another 2 weeks. And the box itself won't turn on, another 2 weeks of wait. When I travel and don't pay, when I return and recharge they deduct the days I didn't pay. I had to buy a new gen, but I really hate noise so I hardly turn it on. The lumos is only useful to me when I need to charge my laptop and phones, dont even think about TV and fan, it will go from 100% to 20% in an hour that is if it powers them at all. I can only recommend it for you if you work online most of the time and don't want to disappoint your clients. But if you think buying it means 24/7 electricity and no noise you better think again. It can barely carry your laptop if it has a powerful graphics card, my Asus has ordinary Radeon HD graphics with 1gb dedicated memory and A6 processor. If I plug it to the lumos it shuts down completely. My MacBook pro can charge, but will completely drain the lumos battery before it charges upto 70%. I hope you understand from my perspective. I'm returning mine next month or January, it's a shitty product.

3 Likes

Re: Mtn Lumos Solar Power How Efficient And Details? by Wilfem(m): 1:00pm On Nov 12, 2018
odimbannamdi:

Is the fan rechargeable and does it come with its own solar panel? Please can i have your number?
The fan is not the rechargeable type, just that it is optimized for use on that Solar inverter stuff, or with a 12v Dc adapter.
As a matter of fact, I've not used the 'speed 2' of the fan, not to talk of 'speed 3' 'cos it is fast and blows well.
07032025533 is my number.
Re: Mtn Lumos Solar Power How Efficient And Details? by Wilfem(m): 1:12pm On Nov 12, 2018
grossintel:
Don't buy it. BTW, I own it, a've been using it for almost a year now. Within this time, it got broken 3 times, first it was the inverter, I had to call for almost 2 weeks before they came to change it. Then it was the solar panel, another 2 weeks. And the box itself won't turn on, another 2 weeks of wait. When I travel and don't pay, when I return and recharge they deduct the days I didn't pay. I had to buy a new gen, but I really hate noise so I hardly turn it on. The lumos is only useful to me when I need to charge my laptop and phones, dont even think about TV and fan, it will go from 100% to 20% in an hour that is if it powers them at all. I can only recommend it for you if you work online most of the time and don't want to disappoint your clients. But if you think buying it means 24/7 electricity and no noise you better think again. It can barely carry your laptop if it has a powerful graphics card, my Asus has ordinary Radeon HD graphics with 1gb dedicated memory and A6 processor. If I plug it to the lumos it shuts down completely. My MacBook pro can charge, but will completely drain the lumos battery before it charges upto 70%. I hope you understand from my perspective. I'm returning mine next month or January, it's a shitty product.
Well, that's your own experience with it. I'm on my 2nd year of using it and to me, it's been quite helpful, as I too hates the noise and disturbances my generator causes.
To optimize your tv on the stuff, Go to the settings on the Tv, locate either of 'Energy Saving' or 'Eco solution, depending on the model. Change it to Low or Medium, depending on your choice, it'll dim the screen brightness, thereby reducing the power consumption from 20% to 15%.
That's how I use it on mine, and once PHCN restores the power supply, I'll change it back.
It charges my Hp Envy Laptop well with no problems
Re: Mtn Lumos Solar Power How Efficient And Details? by surrogatesng: 11:04am On Nov 27, 2018
1KVA 1000 WATT SOLAR SYSTEM + 1 FREE SOLAR FAN + 5 LIGHTING POINT

This 1kva (1000 watt)solar system is very economical,durable
and energy efficient.The lighting points are DC 12V low energy
and connected directly to the battery which gives better
performance and longer runtime.It comes with 1 solar standing
fan which consumes very low energy( just 10 watt) but blows
like a turnado.The fan can work 24hrs directly with
nepa,battery and imverter which makes them all weather.This is
truely an efficient solar system.It comes with a 100ah
battery and 150 watt mono crystaline solar panel (mono
crystaline panels are known to perform better than
polyscrystaline panels).It also comes with a 1000 watt
inverter which can be used to charge laptops and also to watch
tv.Our engineer will install it and ensure that the lighting
points are at the designated areas you want them to be in your
home or shop.Also an AC socket will be installed in your room
just incase you prefer watching tv or working on your laptop
in your room.What else do you need to make life comfortable?
Contact us today to get yours.

Price is 135,000 Naira only.
To order call 07067866986,07068410532 or click below to chat on whatsapp

https:///2347067866986
https:///2347068410532
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12002233_banner_jpeg527240edf39824fd5c835e23afd541ae
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12002148_1000watt_jpegad3619f5e4b8b8644a95d6b610a6dc75
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10225923_img201909051844053_jpeg7b42125045ccbd6f597eea57e521a75b

Clicl below to chat with us on whatsapp
https:///2347067866986
https:///2347068410532

TO ORDER
JOYFUL ECHOES AND SYSTEMS
61 Isolo road (Gobi Plaza)
Ile-iwe b/stop Egbe-Ikotun
Lagos,Nigeria
Mobile/Whatsapp: 07067866986,07068410532

1 Like

Re: Mtn Lumos Solar Power How Efficient And Details? by praxs(m): 8:59pm On Mar 21, 2019
Olatoman:

A standing Fan, Laptop and phones.
The Lumos will power the above devices with ease, my only concern is what size your fan is, and the make of your laptop.

I use the Lumos, watch TV with it, charge my phone and laptop with it, it always takes like 3/4 hours before it drops to 65% and honestly, can't recall the last time I switched on my Gen.

Let me know the size of your fan/laptop, if possible attach pictures.
A neighbour if mine got same but his laptop energy requirements was beyond the Lumos, lenovo(the high end variant) .

I have a 32inches TV, plus rechargeable fan. How long do u think it will last the night

(1) (2) (Reply)

Watch Or Download Movies On Tecno T430 / Which Power Bank Is Better Itel.or Oriamo / Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.