Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat (20564 Views)

What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... / How To Make Ofe Nsala (White Soup) / Molokhia Soup: How Arabs Make Ewedu Soup (Pictures, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by baby124: 11:38am On May 02, 2018
Cooking soup with yam and then you eat it with yam or carbohydrates again? This is diabetic soup! Very unhealthy. When you are not a labourer. Eat this often and die in your prime.
Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by kpaofame: 11:41am On May 02, 2018
Earthbound:
Give me one reason, just one, as to why I shouldn't marry an Igbo woman.

Mmmmmmm yum yum (if you know....)

This is an insult to vinegurl. You obviously don't know her prowress.

And who is Vinegurl that u are tagging me for...abeg dont tell me about people who need introduction

Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by Nwatiti24(f): 11:44am On May 02, 2018
" ofe nsala soup" repetition. Ofe nsala or nsala soup abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by Tiffbuxas: 11:47am On May 02, 2018
Instead of them gehs to come and learn now they will be wasting their time on............ Vinegurl comman prepare it for me joh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by skales67(m): 11:59am On May 02, 2018
oladele00:
If you ban codeine because some people couldn't withstand it intoxication, what about some that couldn't live without it?... The law should be fair to all. Stop the ban of codeine today

Must you take codeine?
Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by internetpo(m): 12:37pm On May 02, 2018
vinegurl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGpTUxki6PI

Ofe Nsala Soup is a simple delicious white soup prepared with goat meat; it is one of the simplest soups made with a thickener. Yam is a very important ingredient in Ofe Nsala soup, as it is used to thicken the soup to give it a nice texture and look.

You can either boil raw yam and then mash into a smooth paste for Ofe Nsala recipe or dissolve yam flour (poundo flour) in water to thicken the soup.
However, ofe is traditionally garnished with Utazi leaves, but if you don’t have utazi, you can use Uziza leaves or spinach to add some greens to the soup; you just need a little of the leaves because it is not a vegetables soup. You can pair ofe Nsala with pounded yam, semolina or fufu,.
Read the simple steps below and also See the Video also for more Explanation.

Ingredients For Nsala Soup

i will marry this gurl

1. 1 kilo of goat meat
2. 8 pieces of tiny yam cubes
3. 1 cup of stockfish/dried fish
4. 3 seasoning cubes
5. 1 medium onion, chopped
6. 3 scotch bonnets or cayenne pepper
7. 2 tablespoons of ground crayfish
8. 1 teaspoon of ground uziza seed, optional
9. 3 medium size utazi leaves, shredded
10. Salt to tatse

Steps On How to Prepare Ofe Nsala

1. Peel yam nicely, dice into smaller sizes and rinse well, Rinse the goat meat and stockfish into a pot.
2. Add blended pepper, onions, 2 stock cubes, salt, goat meat spice to the meat and place on heat to cook.
3. Add enough water to the meat and also add the peeled yams to the meat and cook for 20 minutes.
4. Pierce the yam with a fork to check if it is soft, once it is soft, remove from the content.
5. Let the goat meat cook for a while until it turns out very soft. Place the yam in the mortar and mash gently or use a blender to blend it
and set aside,
6. Add some ground crayfish to the meat, more stock cube, and uziza seed and stir properly, you can add more water if the initial has drie
up.
7. Cut the mashed yam into bite sizes and drop into the pot containing the meat to dissolve.
8. After the yam has dissolved in the content, taste for seasoning and adjust if needed.
9. Add the shredded utazi leaves sparingly and stir well to combine, leave the soup to simmer for few minutes on medium heat. Take the
Nsala soup off heat and serve with soft-pounded yam.

Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by Basic123: 12:43pm On May 02, 2018
This thing that looks like baby watery shit.
Only pigs can eat this kind of food grin

1 Like

Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by ImaIma1(f): 12:45pm On May 02, 2018
Just like usung

1 Like

Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by Kanyekels(m): 12:48pm On May 02, 2018
Katier00:
we don't use onions to prepare bitter leaf or oha soup or any soup that requires thicker like yam or cocoyam, anyway that is where I come from sha, can't say about other parts of ibo land

Ada that's the standard practice in most Igbo land though Onitsha people and some other parts are an exception.

Btw, it is written and pronounced IGBO and not IBO.

2 Likes

Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by CarlosTheJackal: 12:48pm On May 02, 2018
Basic123:

mkpi ohia. Ezi bida

1 Like

Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by Kanyekels(m): 12:50pm On May 02, 2018
Basic123:

Of course its not hydraulic soup.

2 Likes

Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by DaRuud(m): 1:03pm On May 02, 2018
Fukafuka:
angry
Chioma please where bare you
Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by blesoh(f): 1:06pm On May 02, 2018
One cup of stockfish/dry fish how?
Is it measured in cups? �

2 Likes

Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by saymax(f): 1:22pm On May 02, 2018
I love this

1 Like

Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by barristerzinny(f): 1:25pm On May 02, 2018
vinegurl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGpTUxki6PI

Ofe Nsala Soup is a simple delicious white soup prepared with goat meat; it is one of the simplest soups made with a thickener. Yam is a very important ingredient in Ofe Nsala soup, as it is used to thicken the soup to give it a nice texture and look.

You can either boil raw yam and then mash into a smooth paste for Ofe Nsala recipe or dissolve yam flour (poundo flour) in water to thicken the soup.
However, ofe is traditionally garnished with Utazi leaves, but if you don’t have utazi, you can use Uziza leaves or spinach to add some greens to the soup; you just need a little of the leaves because it is not a vegetables soup. You can pair ofe Nsala with pounded yam, semolina or fufu,.
Read the simple steps below and also See the Video also for more Explanation.

Ingredients For Nsala Soup

1. 1 kilo of goat meat
2. 8 pieces of tiny yam cubes
3. 1 cup of stockfish/dried fish
4. 3 seasoning cubes
5. 1 medium onion, chopped
6. 3 scotch bonnets or cayenne pepper
7. 2 tablespoons of ground crayfish
8. 1 teaspoon of ground uziza seed, optional
9. 3 medium size utazi leaves, shredded
10. Salt to tatse

Steps On How to Prepare Ofe Nsala

1. Peel yam nicely, dice into smaller sizes and rinse well, Rinse the goat meat and stockfish into a pot.
2. Add blended pepper, onions, 2 stock cubes, salt, goat meat spice to the meat and place on heat to cook.
3. Add enough water to the meat and also add the peeled yams to the meat and cook for 20 minutes.
4. Pierce the yam with a fork to check if it is soft, once it is soft, remove from the content.
5. Let the goat meat cook for a while until it turns out very soft. Place the yam in the mortar and mash gently or use a blender to blend it
and set aside,
6. Add some ground crayfish to the meat, more stock cube, and uziza seed and stir properly, you can add more water if the initial has drie
up.
7. Cut the mashed yam into bite sizes and drop into the pot containing the meat to dissolve.
8. After the yam has dissolved in the content, taste for seasoning and adjust if needed.
9. Add the shredded utazi leaves sparingly and stir well to combine, leave the soup to simmer for few minutes on medium heat. Take the
Nsala soup off heat and serve with soft-pounded yam.

can you use cocoyam?
Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by bendike: 1:44pm On May 02, 2018
Chai see better woman! Women learn how to cook. That is the key to a man's heart.
Bobs hungry de catch me. Make i drive go nabufine restaurant go chop this soup boo grin

1 Like

Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by DaRuud(m): 1:46pm On May 02, 2018
Fukafuka:
angry
Chioma please where are you
Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by Katier00(f): 1:55pm On May 02, 2018
Kanyekels:

Ada that's the standard practice in most Igbo land though Onitsha people and some other parts are an exception.

Btw, it is written and pronounced IGBO and not IBO.
OK noted thank you
Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 02, 2018
what kinda Rubbish is this? shocked

1 Like

Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 02, 2018
gift01:
Me when I see a perfectly prepared Ofe Nsala with pounded yam or semo. Oh geez. The kinda food you pull your shirt to consume. Add chilled beer or mineral. OMG your thing go stand join. IBO people I hail una for this soup

Baba mi the day I ate this soup with 2 good bottles of Heineken I slept there in my friends sitting room where we dey watch match he woke me.around 9 pm make I dey go house, his wife was just laughing at me

Omo ibos have food

I also ate one oha soup my goodness

4 Likes

Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by Basic123: 3:05pm On May 02, 2018
Kanyekels:

Of course its not hydraulic soup.
Exactly grin
Its one faecal matter grin
Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by engrjacuzzi: 4:07pm On May 02, 2018
similar to Ibibio "afiâ afère" or usûng afère.

1 Like

Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by amakadihot87(f): 4:09pm On May 02, 2018
Katier00 peost=67208648:
Onions inside nsala soup? This is not the ibo version, here we use ogiri or opeyi with little utazi and oziza leaves or seed. It looks good sha

nne shebi they are giving us cooking lessons........how the onions will taste is what am wondering

1 Like

Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by amakadihot87(f): 4:13pm On May 02, 2018
vinegurl:

Is there any food food that onion is forbidden? I thought the onion was used to cook the meat?

Most of our native soups dont go well with onions......

bitterleaf and oha soups dont require onions too
Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by amakadihot87(f): 4:17pm On May 02, 2018
barristerzinny:
can you use cocoyam?
no because cocoyam is a bit sticky ........it wount give d correct taste and texture
Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by Katier00(f): 4:44pm On May 02, 2018
amakadihot87:

nne shebi they are giving us cooking lessons........how the onions will taste is what am wondering
NNE ask me o. Let's say na new invention and we learn everyday.
Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by Kingspin(m): 7:35pm On May 02, 2018
good meal

2 Likes

Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by mtngloetiartel: 8:31pm On May 02, 2018
Upaka:
Everybody been forming Chioma? Mtcheeee
ur style of jealousy no be here o!

3 Likes

Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by mtngloetiartel: 8:32pm On May 02, 2018
Upaka:
Everybody been forming Chioma? Mtcheeee
ur style of jealousy no be here o!

2 Likes

Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by MOORCHMOORE(m): 8:46pm On May 02, 2018
Nsala

1 Like

Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by UnrefineSEASALT: 3:12am On May 03, 2018
THE MANY HEALTH BENEFITS OF CONSUMING UNREFINED SEA SALT

Regular consumption of our unrefined Sea Salt can prevent varicose veins and spider veins from forming on the legs

Price: 2k per kg

Symmetric Organic Products,
08139458588, 08053408939

Re: Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat by sonety2k(m): 8:42am On May 06, 2018
cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Health Benefits Of Eating More Vegetables / ADVERTISE YR FOOD BUSINESS ON MAJOR PEDESTRIANS BRIDGES IN LAGOS STATE. / A Nairalander (guy Man) Preparing Egwusi Soup This Evening.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.