Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

Please I Need Advice On This New Career Path - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please I Need Advice On This New Career Path (453 Views)

New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin / Should I Stay With My Job Or Go With This New Job? / Need Advice On Salary At My New Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Advice On This New Career Path by metroboy: 6:28pm On May 02, 2018
Good day everyone here,

Please I need a career advice from experienced and exposed guys here.

I am planning to embark on a career path, I want to know if I can still get a job or not at this stage, considering my age now.

I am 37 years old. I have a Bsc in Statistics. I graduated in 2009. I worked in a corporate setting for 2 years after which I started a business. Business was good until some government policies pushed me out of business.

I want to do some IT courses (this will take a year), I am also considering MBA. I want to run the 2 programs concurrently. This may take up to 2 years. I should be 39 by then. Will I still be able to get a job with a decent salary at this age.

Please guys I need your professional advice or opinion.

Thanks
Re: Please I Need Advice On This New Career Path by haywire07(m): 6:31pm On May 02, 2018
Always narrow down your options till you get the best choice.

You are out of business and seems like you are not really occupied.
Instead of sitting and waiting, why don't you just go for the programs. At least, you would be occupied and hopefully, it would be helpful at the end of the day
Re: Please I Need Advice On This New Career Path by metroboy: 6:59pm On May 03, 2018
Career guys pls say something
Re: Please I Need Advice On This New Career Path by Pamela96(f): 6:03pm On May 04, 2018
Are running the programs solely because you hope to get a hob afterwards? I suggest you don what will actually pay off regardless of whether you will get a hob offer or not. If the business you were involved in was tangible enough, I don't think anything will stop you from gaining a management job position but then again, the failure of your business is not a goid sign. If you intend to really learn a good IT skill, then it's a solid step since tech remains the future. Even if you don't get a hob afterwards, you can do something profitable with the skill. Go ahead with the studies man!

Anyway, what is syopping you from starting a better business?

Learn how to setup a profitable subscription-based website here https://www.ghavoch.com/setup or you can let http://www.laticodes.com do it for you.

(1) (Reply)

The Unwritten Rules Of Phd Research / Hustlers Guide To Success / 5 Reasons You Should Become An Entrepreneur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.