Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

7 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Legalized - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Legalized (1471 Views)

MEN!! This Photo Explains Why MARRIAGE Should Be The LAST Thing On Your Mind!! / Abortion Should Be Legalized. / She Wants To Tie Me Down With Marriage. Should I End My 2-Year-Old Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Legalized by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 7:12pm On May 02, 2018
1. INCREASE AMOUNT OF CHILDREN SUCCESSFULLY ADOPTED.

Most adoption agencies discriminate against gay couples and make it incredibly difficult for them to adopt children. Many agencies will only release children to "married" couples, therefore rejecting stable, loving, homosexual parents. By legalizing gay marriage in ALL states, adoption agencies will be forced to grant the same respect and right to homosexual couples. Gay marriage will increase the chances for thousands of foster children to gain loving parents and families.

2. IT WILL DIMINISH YOUTH SUICIDE.

One of the main reasons why teenagers are commit suicide are due to the child being bullied at their school as a result of his/her sexual orientation. The same acceptance that will come about due to legalizing gay marriage will show teens that homosexuality is accepted and respected in society. We need to explain to younger generations that being different is not a social disability, so that they will never feel the need to take their own lives because they are gay.

3. BECAUSE CIVIL UNIONS ARE NOT THE SAME.

Gay couples are legally allowed to enter into civil union partnership.. but this is not nearly the same thing as marriage. Marriage licenses grant innumerable rights to married couples, rights that are not endowed to gay couples in civil unions. It is no excuse to deem that gay marriage is not necessary because "they already have civil unions...why do they want more?" The financial, medical, and social rights that are associated with marriage are unfortunately kept away from homosexual couples.

4. GAY MARRIAGE IS ALREADY A REALITY.

Here in Africa, hundreds of gay couples have already gotten married.Sure, the economic boost is a plus..but the reality is that thousands of gay partners already practice monogamous. loving relationships in Africa. The trouble is that they are not legally protected as married couples, even though their lifestyle mimics marriage! Gays already practice marriage in their homes, so whats wrong with granting the LGBT community the rights they deserve?

5. IT'S AN ISSUE OF EQUAL RIGHTS.

In the 50's, interracial marriage in every continent was illegal. But now, modern society understands this to be an unjust law that denied equal rights to couples who loved each other. The issue of gay marriage is no different. Denying marriage to two individuals who love each other is to deny them a fundamental freedom.

6. NO EFFECT ON THE HETEROSEXUAL COMMUNITY.

Gay Marriage will have no impact whatsoever on heterosexual communities, just as racial integration in the 60's had no negative impact on white communities. This is the same concept with legalization of gay marriage, it will grant the LGBT community a right that has been immorally denied to them.

7. SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE.

One of the major reasons that gay marriage is currently illegal is due to the religious interpretation that " homosexual are sinners." Such a religious perspective should have no place in federal, legal matters in Nigeria. We live in a secular society that maintains secular views. The Ten Commandments do not define our legal system, so why does the religious argument "marriage is the union between a man and a women" keep so many gay couples from becoming legally married? Legalizing gay marriage will have no negative impact on religion and/ or the religious view of others, just as religion should not have any impact on the issue of gay marriage.

LEGALIZATION OF GAY MARRIAGE WILL BOOST THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY!!!
EQUAL RIGHTS FOR EVERY HUMAN!!

DIVORCE RATES ARE GOING TO DECREASE,
RAPES RATE TOO!!

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Legalized by igbarasdynasty: 7:16pm On May 02, 2018
wake me up when this shit gets to front page........

Still, Bubu is a Cow!!!!!

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Legalized by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 7:20pm On May 02, 2018
igbarasdynasty:
wake me up when this shit gets to front page........

Still, Bubu is a Cow!!!!!

what's shítty about my post undecided
Re: 7 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Legalized by fantasticone1(m): 7:38pm On May 02, 2018
Reasons why gay marriage should not be legalised.
1. Increase in the rate of immortality
2. People will still commit suicide because of rejection
3. Nigerians will never accept it.

Let me not waste time on this issue but you know that Nigeria isn't ready for issues like this, it further complicate things.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Legalized by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 02, 2018
Stop trying too hard..

Stop wasting your time and mental strength on a fruitless agenda..

Nigeria will never never ever never legalize gay marriage...

So if you are gay, i will advice you to go to the nearest church for deliverance..

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Legalized by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 7:49pm On May 02, 2018
fantasticone1:
[s]Reasons why gay marriage should not be legalised.
1. Increase in the rate of immortality
2. People will still commit suicide because of rejection
3. Nigerians will never accept it.

Let me not waste time on this issue but you know that Nigeria isn't ready for issues like this, it further complicate things.[/s]

Things have changed
Re: 7 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Legalized by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 7:50pm On May 02, 2018
DrinkLimca:
[s]Stop trying too hard..

Stop wasting your time and mental strength on a fruitless agenda..

Nigeria will never never ever never legalize gay marriage...

So if you are gay, i will advice you to go to the nearest church for deliverance..[/s]

be civilized for once..

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Legalized by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 02, 2018
It's just like saying insanity should be legalized simply because ur insanity doesn't affect my sanity.
When they are thinking of bringing Nigeria out of the well, you choose to practise full time idiocracy.
MAY GOD HELP YOU.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Legalized by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 02, 2018
Oh Lord Jesus,Are you on your way already? cry
Re: 7 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Legalized by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 8:00pm On May 02, 2018
Grayjoy:
[s]It's just like saying insanity should be legalized simply because ur insanity doesn't affect my sanity.
When they are thinking of bringing Nigeria out of the well, you choose to practise full time idiocracy.
MAY GOD HELP YOU[/s]

how exactly does gay marriage affect your life?

times have changed.. this is a civilized world

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Legalized by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 02, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

how exactly does gay marriage affect your life?

times have changed.. this is a civilized world
And the unfortunate aspect is that you reside in the uncivilized part of the world so automatically, you are uncivilized. Don't be a copycat.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Legalized by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 8:05pm On May 02, 2018
Grayjoy:
And the unfortunate aspect is that you reside in the uncivilized part of the world so automatically, you are uncivilized. Don't be a copycat.

I'm living in an uncivilized country doesn't mean I'm uncivilized
Re: 7 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Legalized by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 02, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

I'm living in an uncivilized country doesn't mean I'm uncivilized
Can you list some of the qualities that "civilized" you?

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Legalized by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 8:15pm On May 02, 2018
Grayjoy:
Can you list some of the qualities that "civilized" you?

#No hard feelings
Re: 7 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Legalized by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 02, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

#No hard feelings
Bros. Being civilized is not what you are thinking. Going after every trend from western countries does not "civilize" you. Even when the trend is being projected by riff-raffs self acclaimed civilized folks go after it with full gusto.
Your actions so far refused to "civilize" you.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Legalized by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 02, 2018
i don't know what to say.those points you listed are flawed in every bit

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Legalized by Ernezee(m): 8:48pm On May 02, 2018
I did not see any reasonable point here o...
upon all the beautiful women wey dey this world you sey na your fellow man you wan dey knack.

too bad

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Legalized by Oyindidi(f): 9:04pm On May 02, 2018
Op, you fell beta last last after serving 14 years
Re: 7 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Legalized by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 02, 2018

I Drool over Intelligent Girls

You Are Intelligent...

But I Still Say No To Gay Shiit...

Its Obviously Not Right, totally Abnormal and Insane

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Legalized by 4reala(m): 9:31pm On May 02, 2018
I will personally ban any mod dat will push this post to FP.

For goodness sake, we are not animals. God that created us, made us MALE and FEMALE.

Pls lets always make use of our number 6 upstairs
Re: 7 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Legalized by Nobody: 10:22pm On May 02, 2018
Op can you also post ur house address. There are some patriotic Nigerians who want to have an adult conversation with you if you don't mind.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Legalized by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 12:39am On May 03, 2018
RuthDaniels:
Oh Lord Jesus,Are you on your way already? cry
how exactly will legalization of gay marriage affect you?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Legalized by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 12:40am On May 03, 2018
Oyindidi:
Op, you fell beta last last after serving 14 years

I don't understand ..I'm not a gay undecided
Re: 7 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Legalized by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 12:41am On May 03, 2018
CC Lalasticlala
Re: 7 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Legalized by 1mmanuel(m): 6:01am On May 03, 2018
I don't get it, with the tons of beautiful women out there with those sexy ass and breast,ready to open their legs for you to jump in and feel great... a man will be attracted to another man's hairy chest and penis. Please we should stop promoting madness by calling it "love" or "equal rights"

(1) (Reply)

As Long As You've Had Sex And Also Collected Money From Him, You're whore_ / Blac Chyna Flaunts Curves In Sheer Outfit At The 2018 BET Hiphop Awards (photos) / I’m Pregnant For My Lover Not You – Wife Tells Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.