Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,899 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:36 AM

We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members (41049 Views)

Deface Your Uniform And Get Punished - NYSC Warns Corps Members / Your Uniform Not Licence To Commit Crime, NYSC Warns Corps Members / NYSC Advises Corps Members To Serve Not To Win Souls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by igirabata123(m): 10:41pm On May 02, 2018
clarocuzioo:
Sometime when I look at the surrounding circumstances and situations, taking a critical and logical analysis of events all around this country, I wonder if this country will actually survive as one.
It's obvious there's no longer religious tolerance and that a very dangerous dimension threatening the cooperate existence of this Nation.
How can a DG come and tell Corps members they are not sent to go and evangelise in their host communities, its very appalling,i guess he will never comment on Corps members who indulge in "runs" in their host communities as his very OK with that.
Of a truth we truly deserve what we get in this country. Religious, ethnic and tribal sentiments is the bane of this country.

We can be more holy than the Pope. NYSC has its own objective, which Christians or Islamic Evangelism are exclusively absent there. The DG has not erred here. Evangelism is a secondary not primary in NYSC scheme. We should be able to separate religion from government primary assignments.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by kristen12(f): 10:41pm On May 02, 2018
I just hope he's not referring to rural rugged. Rural rugged will never die

1 Like

Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by martineverest(m): 10:42pm On May 02, 2018
msylva2147:
they always claimed to be educated whereas simple thing they can not comprehend. The man did warn a particular religion but all Corp members, probably there are some things that has been happening as a result of that but some people take to different dimension.
it's really sad my brother... three level of dunce and educated illiterates on nairaland and social media is alarming...... they just don't think before they type

4 Likes

Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by Franking: 10:42pm On May 02, 2018
emmie14:
Evangelization is equally service to humanity

How? The DG has spoken.
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by bigdot1759(m): 10:44pm On May 02, 2018
whitebeard:
Relax..! Mr DG what concern u..!

So people don't have the right to preach again..!

anybody that thinks Nigeria is guides by a constitution should better wake up..!
why can't you just call DG instead of commenting Media
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by Emycord: 10:49pm On May 02, 2018
clarocuzioo:
Sometime when I look at the surrounding circumstances and situations, taking a critical and logical analysis of events all around this country, I wonder if this country will actually survive as one.
It's obvious there's no longer religious tolerance and that a very dangerous dimension threatening the cooperate existence of this Nation.
How can a DG come and tell Corps members they are not sent to go and evangelise in their host communities, its very appalling,i guess he will never comment on Corps members who indulge in "runs" in their host communities as his very OK with that.
Of a truth we truly deserve what we get in this country. Religious, ethnic and tribal sentiments is the bane of this country.
Now Its Bad Cos Na Christians. But If Other Wise Its Ok . ? Well They Only Went To Convert The Headsmen To Stop
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by Roadmike(m): 10:50pm On May 02, 2018
This man needs psychiatric examination, his obviously sick. Does services implies you should not serve or worship God ?
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by Yeeyo: 10:55pm On May 02, 2018
whitebeard:

anybody that thinks Nigeria is guides by a constitution should better wake up..!
This are the antichrist that the bible is talking about

1 Like

Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by maxibee123(m): 10:59pm On May 02, 2018
Dis is another genocide... but Islam can be spread through violence and fulani herdsmen.... But Christians can't envagelise
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by otabaotaba: 11:00pm On May 02, 2018
This COW get mouth to talk rubbish, assuming the corps in question are bokoharam he won't vomit all this rubbish
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by Delivar(m): 11:01pm On May 02, 2018
faithfull18:
Nothing wrong with evangelism!. God first..
Not in hostile Muslim regions.
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by faithfull18(f): 11:03pm On May 02, 2018
Delivar:
Not in hostile Muslim regions.
Ofcourse,wisdom is profitable to direct.
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by elexoko: 11:03pm On May 02, 2018
Rural Rugged till Christ Come....God punish Devil NYSC DO. .fear God na ass licker. For your information the Church will continue to march on and the gate of Hell shall not prevail over it.
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by Weareone202: 11:16pm On May 02, 2018
When I saw d word to "indoctrinate", I knew that religious war will continue to hunt us in our subconscious mind no matter how we try to cover it on d outside
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by adeblow(m): 11:16pm On May 02, 2018
Chiedu4Trump:
Christians preach.

Moslems jihad.

Christians crusade, change it
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by vicben27(m): 11:22pm On May 02, 2018
0temSapien:
Funny
Rural rugged things
NCCF and its subtle way of asking corpers to donate their first #19,800 allowee to da lord. grin
U go fear hunger na cheesy
dont mind them them no see my own collect
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by zoedew: 11:24pm On May 02, 2018
This Zakari is fishing in troubled waters! He fails to avert his mind to Nebuchadnezzar’s lot when he thought forming God would be a walk in the park. Nebuchanezzer ended up taking a walk in the wild for seven years! Are the Corpers using service hours for evangelism? How is that about his Cap, Belt and Boots? #MindYourCommission
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by Chiedu4Trump: 11:27pm On May 02, 2018
adeblow:

Christians crusade, change it
The crusades were to free Israel from Islamic tyranny.

The crusades ended but the islamic jihad continues.

Remember Trump grin
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:31pm On May 02, 2018
Roadmike:
This man needs psychiatric examination, his obviously sick. Does services implies you should not serve or worship God ?
The man gave a piece of advice, all you can do is to abuse him. NYSC is not for religious activities. Your primary aim in NYSC is to serve the country through your PPA and help your community through CDS not religion. In Orientation camps they do warn all corps members to respect their host cultures and religions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by MDGsVISIBLE: 11:33pm On May 02, 2018
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:38pm On May 02, 2018
I swear Yoruba people that said, "one can be educated and he/she might not be wise" are right. NYSC do warn all corps members to stay away from interfering in their host communities religion and culture. Don't date married men and married women in your host communities. They are telling all corps members all these because of their safety, go against this rule at your own peril. Once it involves anything religion, some people will turn to zombies.

6 Likes

Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by piagetskinner(m): 11:47pm On May 02, 2018
na them..Islamic apologist

so if youth corpers are carrying out a project in the supposed insecure location u wouldn't have anything bad to say about it

preaching the gospel is never indoctrination... cos no body forces you..just as one provides bore hole for a disadvantaged community, will I now say I'm indoctrinating the community to drink portable hygenic water when I know its for their benefit?
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by tpwealth(m): 11:57pm On May 02, 2018
The DG has been visiting different NYSC Orientation Camps across the country, he didn't mention or made any comment regarding this. Ask yourself why he decided to do so in the case of Taraba and some other Northern States. The great Prophet Elisha that called fire from heaven to consume over 500 prophets of baals, but ran in to hiding because of just one soul (Jazebel). Wisdom is profitable to direct. Let's not be holier thou. If you read btw the line, Let the spirit leads you whenever you are going to evangelize, after all it is not you that will convert the lost souls.

1 Like

Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by Ade3000yrs(m): 12:23am On May 03, 2018
The man was only trying to save more lives with such directives

2 Likes

Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by VICTOFX(m): 1:31am On May 03, 2018
Kazaure, i will not be careful to answer you in this matter, we shall continue to do the will of God as long as NYSC is concerned, and perhaps you don't know, NYSC stands for NIGERIAN YOUTHS SERVING CHRIST. so we will serve Christ Jesus in whatever way he leads us by his Spirit, and our safety is the Lord, not you or your Islamic cohurts can or will stop us, if we die, we die

This isn't the first time a thing like this is happening, God showed up then, and he will show up again of you try anything funny, mr dg, be careful.

Remember
Daniel 3:16-18 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.
If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.
But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.
Dg sir, read to the end to see my God in action, that will help you understand what you are about to get into.

Mind you, it is a win win situation for us, cos
Philippians 1:20-21 According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

So oga DG and mr representer, let it be clearly
know to you and everyone involved in this that

Romans 8:31-39 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword?
As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Mr soldier man, if you can truly protect, pls go and protect the innocent lives being wasted daily by herdsmen in state like benue, kogi and the likes, you are more needed there, but my one prayer for and all All who will read this is that the eyes of your understanding be enlightened in Jesus mighty name, AMEN.
SIR, it's high time you repented and surrender your life to Jesus, cos it shall profit you nothing if you conquer the world and loose your soul.

Matthew 16:26
For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Mark 8:36
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Jesus love you, give your life to him now, cos tomorrow might be just too late. Cheers.
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by Ayatullah(m): 1:37am On May 03, 2018
faithfull18:
Nothing wrong with evangelism!. God first..

Then march to Sambisa forest for evangelism, Shekau is waiting for the hot gospel.

2 Likes

Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by AnanseK(m): 1:40am On May 03, 2018
sunsewa16:
if they evangelize is that ur bizness?

It’s a good advice, the reason for your NYSC posting is not evangelism. You can return for evangelism after NYSC.
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by emmie14: 1:51am On May 03, 2018
Franking:

How? The DG has spoken.
Even your DG is law breakers. Yourself is not law abiding.
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by emmie14: 1:52am On May 03, 2018
0temSapien:
It's a disservice to humanity. Noise making is pollution.
Like the imman pollution every morning?
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by ogunsj: 2:09am On May 03, 2018
whitebeard:

a word is enough for the wise. you can go on with your preaching.
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by afponline: 2:31am On May 03, 2018
You have the responsibility to serve the nation, but you also have the responsibility of serving God.
Re: We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members by BetaThings: 2:47am On May 03, 2018
Chiedu4Trump:
Christians preach.

Moslems jihad.

Christians do crusade which we all know was a violent activity

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Female Corper Rocks NYSC Khaki In A Grand Style / Bayelsa Corper Proposes To His Corper Lover During Their Parade & She Said Yes / Corper Wins Car For Maintaining Virginity Till Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.