Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,738 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police (28797 Views)

Supreme Court: Police Deploy Dogs To Control Crowd / Dino Melaye In ABU Zaria, 22 Years Ago (Throwback Photo) / Biafra: Why Nnamdi Kanu Has Not Been Re-arrested – IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by bbmate: 9:56pm On May 02, 2018
ABUJA – THE Nigeria Police Wednesday, explained that Senator Dino Melaye, who was earlier arraigned at the Chief Magistrate Court, Wuse for criminal conspiracy and other charges, was re-arrested to immediately face another criminal charges against him in Lokoja, Kogi State.

The Force Headquarters, in a statement to this effect, by its spokesman, Jimoh Moshood, said Melaye who it said, has been certified feat from the National Hospital Abuja, where he was admitted earlier, would be immediately taken to Lokoja for subsequent arraignment in court there.

The statement released Tuesday evening, read thus: “Senator Dino Melaye was arraigned in court by the Police today, 2nd May, 2018 at Chief Magistrate Court, Wuse, Abuja for Criminal conspiracy, causing damage to Government property, attempted suicide and escape from lawful custody. His arraignment in Court today was subsequent to his discharge from the National Hospital after he was confirmed fit for trial.

” It will be recalled that, on the 24th April, 2018, at about 1200Hrs, Sen. Dino Melaye while in lawful custody of the Nigeria Police Force and being taken for arraignment for Conspiracy and Unlawful Possession of Prohibited Firearms in Court in Lokoja, from Abuja, escaped from lawful custody when hoodlums and miscreants in Two (2) Toyota Hilux Vehicles blocked the Police vehicle conveying Senator Dino Melaye around Area 1 Round About, Abuja and in the process the Senator broke the side glass of the vehicle and jumped out of the Police bus through the window and was rescued from the Police men by hoodlums and miscreants to an unknown destination before he was rearrested at Zankli Hospital in Abuja later in the day on same date. This case was investigated and that is why the Senator was arraigned in court today.

“Meanwhile, the Police Investigation Team re-arrested Senator Dino Melaye today, 2nd May, 2018 after his arraignment at Chief Magistrate Court, Wuse for the pending offences of Criminal Conspiracy and Unlawful Possession of Prohibited Firearms already filed in a Court of competent jurisdiction in Lokoja for which he will be arraigned without further delay.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/05/re-arrest-sen-melaye-court-police/amp/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by Ever8054: 10:02pm On May 02, 2018
the thing with me is that,I don't give a f**k about what happens to those ass- hole Nigerian politicians,they all the same.....this one be forming sickness...

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by ebuk4real(m): 10:09pm On May 02, 2018
Let's continue deceiving ourselves in this contraption we call nation & think others are mocking us...

Of all the problems that needed attention from our police force, Dino is the most important. It's alright...let's continue o....

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by clevvermind(m): 10:09pm On May 02, 2018
Buhari has really turned this country into a zoo.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by Firefire(m): 10:17pm On May 02, 2018
One day, Buhary will be dragged on the floor to ICC.

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by LibertyRep: 10:22pm On May 02, 2018
I ordinarilly wouldn't care about what politicians do to themselves. It's a dog eat dog situation. What I find distasteful is the abuse and misuse of state machineries.

The police might eventually sway Kogi people's sympathy towards Dino as it may appear to them that he's being unjustly persecuted.

The good thing however is that precedence is being set and I hope when the table turns, those that will be affected will take it in good faith.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by NOC1(m): 10:23pm On May 02, 2018
Firefire:
One day, Buhary will be dragged on the floor to ICC.
For what crime? You people just open your mouth like a running tap and speak rubbish.
If Obasanjo who tactically supervised the Udi massacre did not face your ICC on what grounds are you charging Buhari?
In a sane word he Dino will first visit the rehab and then face the consequences of his juvenile actions.

84 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by yarimo(m): 10:38pm On May 02, 2018
That is very commendable from the nigeria police force, no place for pretending criminals in nigeria. grin grin grin

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by TimFisher: 10:39pm On May 02, 2018
cry

If i shout.......zzzzz

You shout......oooooo

Me: Zzzzzzzzz

Nairalanders: Oooooooo

Me: Zzzzzzzzz

Nairalanders: Ooooooooo

[ *Let's shout it together*]

Zoo!

[ *Again*]

All of us: Zoo!!

[ *Again* ]

All of us: Zoooooooooooooooooo!!!

Below even dead dogs get dignity

That's what country should be!

Nigeria is not a country but a quantry!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by BankeSmalls(f): 10:40pm On May 02, 2018
More than 300 policeman just to arrest Dino melaye today and no police in Borno as Boko Haram attacks Borno this evening.

Nigeria!

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by yomi96(m): 10:40pm On May 02, 2018
I do not pity him at all. he was one of the people that campaigned for the tyrant. so it is karma paying him back.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by BankeSmalls(f): 10:43pm On May 02, 2018
NOC1:

For what crime? You people just open your mouth like a running tap and speak rubbish.
If Obasanjo who tactically supervised the Udi massacre did not face your ICC on what grounds are you charging Buhari?
In a sane word he Dino will first visit the rehab and then face the consequences of his juvenile actions.

Obasanjo is a saint where Buharri is.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by BenLinus: 1:03am On May 03, 2018
Dino my guy. Still remember wen he was flexing muscles, hehehehehehe, he has bin humbled. Still pretending to b unconscious. Hahahahahahaha.dats wat we common ppl face on daily basis. Wen u get out, u will make a law to prevent something like dis 4rm happening dat way we will feel d impact of democracy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by otipoju(m): 1:52am On May 03, 2018
Dino Dino.. Olo Ogun Arinya. O loun je ayan.

1 Like

Re: Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by Debazent: 2:16am On May 03, 2018
Let justice be done,that what matters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by Benbellamor: 3:35am On May 03, 2018
lokoja at all cost, then onoja's threat seem to be a follow-up assurance from the presidency

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v25OYjwAUCE

4 Likes

Re: Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by partnerbiz4: 5:45am On May 03, 2018
Nawaoo

This thing tire me..

1 Like

Re: Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by vedaxcool(m): 5:57am On May 03, 2018
grin grin when I told people Dino worsened his case they thought it was a joke now he has 2 cases to answer for.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by omowolewa: 6:02am On May 03, 2018
Script acting

1 Like

Re: Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by ybalogs(m): 6:47am On May 03, 2018
Melaye is on a long long thing... File in Dbanj's voice.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by GavelSlam: 6:48am On May 03, 2018
Why is Dino resisting his day in court if innocent?

5 Likes

Re: Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by ybalogs(m): 6:49am On May 03, 2018
I hail all Nigerians and outsiders leaving in Nigeria. Good morning.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by ybalogs(m): 6:51am On May 03, 2018
GavelSlam:
Why is Dino resisting his day in court if innocent?
I'd say he is guilty as charged with all the efforts he is putting in order not to appear. That will be really sad as he's one of those youths we have in NASS.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by 9aiboard: 6:54am On May 03, 2018
My president Is working

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by ybalogs(m): 6:54am On May 03, 2018
NOC1:

He actually didn't open his mouth to say rubbish, he thought and thought and thought, then used his hand to write rubbish. That's so sad you know. Good morning

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by docadams: 7:06am On May 03, 2018
BankeSmalls:

Obasanjo is a saint where Buharri is.

How old were you when OBJ ruled?

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by budusky05(m): 7:11am On May 03, 2018
Thank god the hospital has deemed him fit to face the music.

Useless politicians

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by budusky05(m): 7:14am On May 03, 2018
ebuk4real:
Let's continue deceiving ourselves in this contraption we call nation & think others are mocking us...

Of all the problems that needed attention from our police force, Dino is the most important. It's alright...let's continue o....

Its one of the problems, so let them deal with it. Crime rate sky rocket since PDP took over leadership in ng

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by 9japrof(m): 7:24am On May 03, 2018
Do I feel sympathy for Dino Melaye? Hell Nah

The same dog you bought from the market is now hunting to kill you.

The same government he struggled to install are now hunting to disgrace him in every possible way

6 Likes

Re: Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by Dmanlex(m): 7:49am On May 03, 2018
Buhari and Bello of kogi state are very wicked

1 Like

Re: Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by BankeSmalls(f): 7:54am On May 03, 2018
docadams:

How old were you when OBJ ruled?

how many people died in Benue when Obasanjo ruled? Zero.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Re-Arrested Senator Dino Melaye In Court - Police by Enice(m): 7:58am On May 03, 2018
ebuk4real:

we have over 400,000 policemen in Nigeria. If 10 out of this number is assign to a case, does that mean the nation is on a stand still? If you may know, the number of policemen assigned to this case is less than that assigned to guard a senate president.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suspected Boko Haram Member Killed For Planting 16 Bombs In Borno Market / Governors Reject Death Penalty For Looters / FG Workers To Be Paid Nov Salary On The 11th Dec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.