Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu (9530 Views)

Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo-obiano / I’m Fair To Ndigbo In Appointment – Buhari (picture) / Buhari Only Made 3 Promises And Has Fulfilled Them: Femi Adesina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:44am On May 03, 2018
The Director General of Voice of Nigeria (VON) and Head of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Project Monitoring Team for South-East, Mr. Osita Okechukwu has declared that President Muhammadu Buhari has kept faith with the major promises he made to the people of the South-East geo-political zone of Nigeria.

Okechukwu spoke when he led a team of APC officials in the zone on project monitoring of Second Niger Bridge Onitsha, Anambra State.

The VON DG said with such commitment on the part of Buhari, Ndigbo should give him maximum support in 2019 to enable him complete all the on-going projects in the area.

He was emphatic that the President Buhari’s “Roads, Rails, Agriculture and Power (RRAP)” programmes, as well as Foreign Direct Investment and other critical infrastructural projects flowing with the RRAP are on course.

Okechukwu said that a practical evidence of such promise being kept was the on-going construction work at the Second Bridge across the River Niger at Onitsha, as well as the reconstruction of the Enugu-Onitsha expressway.

According to him, “Second Niger Bridge is a promise fulfilled because he has a social contract with the Nigerian people. When we came to Onitsha in January 2015 for the campaign, he made a promise that he is going to take off the second Niger Bridge and we are happy that he has taken off.

“We have what we called RRAP programme, which is rail, roads, agriculture and power. The federal government is doing 5000 kilometre roads across the country and 5000 kilometre standard gauge rail line also.

“Mr. President believes in sufficiency in food production because he said that Nigerians must eat what they produce. That is his slogan. And then power because without electricity the private sector cannot thrive and manufacturers won’t thrive.

“That is why he is doing the Manbella Hydro-electric power plant. It’s going to generate over 3000 megawatts of electricity. And he is about to embark on Enugu coal that will generate 1000 megawatts of electricity plus other renewable energy sources like solar, wind sources that he will make up the 5000 he wants to add to the existing 7000 megawatts that Nigeria has.

“So you now have 5000 kilometres of federal roads, 5000 kilometres standard gauge rail line, self sufficiency in agriculture and additional 5000 megawatts of power.”

Earlier, the Federal Controller of Works, Anambra State, Engr. Innocent Alumona, who conducted the team around both Onitsha and Asaba ends of the Second Niger Bridge disclosed that President Buhari cancelled the Public Private Partnership (PPP) arrangement entered with the previous administration and awarded the contract for preliminary works at the cost of more than N14 billion to Julius Begger Nigeria PLC.

Alumona said that preliminary works was at fourth and final stage noting, “As I’m talking to you now the Early Work 4, has been executed to 46 percent and by July this year we would have been through with the content of Early Work 4.

“And between now and July, I promise there won’t be any interruption between Early Works 4 and the main contract for the second Niger Bridge.”

http://dailypost.ng/2018/05/03/buhari-fulfilled-promises-ndigbo-von-dg-okechukwu/

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu by dynicks(m): 9:48am On May 03, 2018
Nna nwanna, nwa guya wukwa proper asslicker....

meanwhile; Nna to prepare semovita no be here ooo....

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu by kernel507: 10:02am On May 03, 2018
His pocket has been served, and so he thinks otherwise to the reality on ground.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu by Suplexx: 10:06am On May 03, 2018
Great Buhari!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu by jimrog: 10:15am On May 03, 2018
kernel507:
His pocket has been served, and so he thinks otherwise to the reality on ground.

Are there no work going on there?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu by Maxcollins042(m): 10:17am On May 03, 2018
Which Ndigbo will offer him maximum support? It's either that this man has lost touch with reality or that he is playing his asslicking role.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu by dreamwords: 10:17am On May 03, 2018
Funny enough Buha ria means change in Igbo language literally

15 Likes

Re: President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu by TollaKGM: 10:17am On May 03, 2018
Am coming bavk.
Re: President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu by signature2012(m): 10:18am On May 03, 2018
Too many mad people in this country.

19 Likes

Re: President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu by abdulrazat(m): 10:18am On May 03, 2018
Another Judas Betraying the Igbos.

Funny how they can sell their birthright for a porridge.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu by lion042(m): 10:18am On May 03, 2018
May Amadioha strike this anuofia

7 Likes

Re: President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu by Ichokwu: 10:18am On May 03, 2018
Let them show us a picture of the work they have done on the second Niger bridge.

Liars.

7 Likes

Re: President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu by kingthreat(m): 10:19am On May 03, 2018
Yeah like the wonderful python dance that silenced the small coward worshipped by ipob youths grin grin grin
Re: President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu by maxiuc(m): 10:19am On May 03, 2018
angry
Re: President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu by ipobarecriminals: 10:19am On May 03, 2018
grin grin lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed embarassed sad sad grin grin grin cheesy wink wink cheesy wink grin grin grin ipob jhews go skin dis man .watch how dey scale fence /rush here to insult/slap their fada age mate*runz*

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu by northvietnam(m): 10:20am On May 03, 2018
Useless Igbo man

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:20am On May 03, 2018
The good people of South-East, over to you.
Re: President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu by Awoo88: 10:20am On May 03, 2018
You see why igbos will never get it right politically in Nigeria!! Instead of using his position to push for the interest of his people, he is busy licking buhari's ass

7 Likes

Re: President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu by lilfreezy: 10:20am On May 03, 2018
Every election season in my dear country politicians use basic amenities as campaign tool. We are finished I swear grin

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu by Nobody: 10:21am On May 03, 2018
This week, I've just found my self in a situation whereby I now have direct phone numbers of 2 Governors and 15 Senators. But I'm so sad because I don't know what to offer them. If you have this same opportunity, what irresisitable ideas, plans, investment, service, visions, etc... would you offer them so that you can get you own share of the National Cake? I promise to contact and share proceeds with you if your idea fly. Exersice your brain, think and talk what to offer now, you may be in my shoe tomorrow.
Re: President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu by thunder74(m): 10:24am On May 03, 2018
When you are lying don't think the person you are lying to don't know it is a lie, they just don't want to embarrass you.

10 Likes

Re: President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu by Austinoiz(m): 10:24am On May 03, 2018
Osita Okechukwu is nothing but a fed tout

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu by CarlosTheJackal: 10:25am On May 03, 2018
Okechukwu is a slowpoke and a useful idiot

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu by danden18: 10:26am On May 03, 2018
Wont this man respect his old age. We were not expecting anything from Buhari, we know he got nothing to offer, so no hard feeling

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu by Abfinest007(m): 10:26am On May 03, 2018
sycophants speaking

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu by Buffalowings3(m): 10:28am On May 03, 2018
abdulrazat:
Another Judas Betraying the Igbos.

Funny how they can sell their birthright for a porridge.

The thing tire me cool cool cool
Re: President Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promises To Ndigbo - VON DG, Okechukwu by Jones4190(m): 10:28am On May 03, 2018
As a member of the Comment Reading Association (CRA), I’m only here to read comments. Please keep the comments short and simple. I have lots of comments to go through. Thank you

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Employment Slots Scandal: SERAP Calls On ICPC, EFCC To Probe Senate, MDAs / Militants Attack UNIPORT / Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.