Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside (10866 Views)

Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe / PDP Convention: Saraki Won't Step Down For Anyone- Okupe / Lagos 2019: Ambode Dares Tinubu, Says I Won't Step Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside by nairavsdollars(f): 10:42am On May 03, 2018
Despite the endorsement of Adams Oshiomhole by President Muhammadu Buhari for the position of national chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, the incumbent national chairman and his supporters are resolved to fight the battle to a logical conclusion.

Though many thought Odigie-Oyegun will withdraw from the race following the open support of Buhari for Oshiomhole, DAILY INDEPENDENT gathered that he was emboldened by his supporters to continue his campaign while they strategise to ensure he secures another term in office.

Leading the pack are the pro-Odigie-Oyegun governors: Governors Bindo Jibrilla of Adamawa; Mohammed Abdullahi Abubakar of Bauchi; Samuel Ortom, Benue; Badaru Abubakar, Jigawa; Nasir el-Rufai, Kaduna; Aminu Masari, Katsina; Atiku Bagudu, Kebbi; Yahaya Bello, Kogi; Abdulfatah Ahmed, Kwara; Umaru Tanko Al-Makura, Nasarawa; Abubakar Sani Bello, Niger; Ibikunle Amosun, Ogun; Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, Ondo; Simon Lalong, Plateau; Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, Sokoto and Ibrahim Geidam, Yobe.

Among the governors, DAILY INDEPENDENT gathered that Akeredolu and Bello are resolute in their quest to ensure that Odigie-Oyegun retains the seat.

Also included in the plot to return Odigie-Oyegun are some appointees of President Buhari led by Rotimi Amaechi, Minister of Transportation.

A member of the party’s National Working Committee (NWC) who spoke on condition of anonymity said as part of the strategy, a meeting has been fixed at Amaechi’s residence Wednesday evening. Though he could not provide further details on the meeting, he said it is part of the strategy to ensure that Odigie-Oyegun is returned.

He informed that while the president’s support for Oshiomhole could not be brushed aside given his position as the national leader of the party, many of the stakeholders are not in support of the move because they are not comfortable with Oshiomhole’s leadership style.

“Odigie-Oyegun’s supporters are not giving up. Those flying the kite that he will withdraw from the race are making a grave mistake. The man himself (Odigie-Oyegun) has not publicly said he is withdrawing from the race and from what I know, his supporters are working round the clock to ensure that he returns. In fact, they have scheduled a meeting tonight at the residence of Minister of Transport, Rotimi Amaechi.

“Many of those backing Odigie-Oyegun are not comfortable with Oshiomhole as the national chairman and they are determined to ensure that he did not occupy that position. They believe they can influence the delegates to do their bidding at the convention. We will see what plays out during the coming days”, he said.

In a related development, the Lagos State chapter of the APC said on Wednesday that it had no preferred candidate for the party’s national chairmanship position.

A member of the chapter’s Elders’ Forum, Prince Tajudeen Olusi, made the statement in Lagos.

Read more https://independent.ng/apc-chair-oyegun-supporters-vow-to-fight-on/

Re: APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside by SARMAT: 11:24am On May 03, 2018
thiefnuju and people of the WASTE(RePHAIMS) how market.it seems these force are hell bent to make thiefnuju a truly local champion and to ensure the only place he has in history is to sit among the scorned... grin cheesy

I know that midget WORM hellrufai will sure b there but I wish them success anything to humiliate DAT frog eyed greedy drug sniffing old theif is welcomed for plunging good Christians of this hellhole into consistent sorrow via his morronic alliance and subservient to his Fulani overlords

11 Likes

Re: APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside by Paperwhite(m): 11:35am On May 03, 2018
So much power struggle in a failed party that produced a failed government.

3 Likes

Re: APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside by SARMAT: 11:44am On May 03, 2018
Paperwhite:
So much power struggle in a failed party that produced a failed government.

Naso oooo grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside by nairavsdollars(f): 12:06pm On May 03, 2018
You baad!

SARMAT:
thiefnuju and people of the WASTE(RePHAIMS) how market.it seems these force are hell bent to make thiefnuju a truly local champion and to ensure the only place he has in history is to sit among the scorned... grin cheesy

I know that midget WORM hellrufai will sure b there but I wish them success anything to humiliate DAT frog eyed greedy drug sniffing old theif is welcomed for plunging good Christians of this hellhole into consistent sorrow via his morronic alliance and subservient to his Fulani overlords

1 Like

Re: APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside by three: 12:11pm On May 03, 2018

Welldone...

in as much as I agree with the position that Buhari will sacrifice Oyegun to appease Tinubu and in turn secure his supposed SW block of voters (plus propaganda machinery 'Christian' Vice President)....

It appears Tinubu may just be taken for a ride....

Either way, welldone...

2 Likes

Re: APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside by Authoreety: 12:11pm On May 03, 2018
Honestly, this does not concern me at all......

1 Like

Re: APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:11pm On May 03, 2018
undecided
Re: APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside by PassingShot(m): 12:11pm On May 03, 2018
Fair game.
Re: APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside by miracle956: 12:11pm On May 03, 2018
OK o let's c how it lasts
Re: APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside by IMASTEX: 12:12pm On May 03, 2018
Kill yourselves that is your own business. The person you're fighting for has his children outside the country enjoying the best of life waiting to be served by you when they move down to take over.
Re: APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside by oyetunder(m): 12:12pm On May 03, 2018
Fighting for wetin? An average Nigerian is always ready to die fighting in order to be closer to the table of free political foods.
Re: APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:12pm On May 03, 2018
Whatever you guys do...
just make sure Baba comes back for another 4 years.
Sai Baba!
Re: APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside by Ogonimilitant(m): 12:12pm On May 03, 2018
Tinubu is a gonner

2 Likes

Re: APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside by papascode: 12:14pm On May 03, 2018
Make oshiomole your minister dear PMB.
Re: APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside by fwallex4truth: 12:16pm On May 03, 2018
Group of Shithole People = Shithole Country!!!

Can somebody tell me where this Shithole is going? cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside by ba7man(m): 12:18pm On May 03, 2018
SARMAT:

4 Likes

Re: APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside by autonomous22: 12:19pm On May 03, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Despite the endorsement of Adams Oshiomhole by President Muhammadu Buhari for the position of national chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, the incumbent national chairman and his supporters are resolved to fight the battle to a logical conclusion.

Though many thought Odigie-Oyegun will withdraw from the race following the open support of Buhari for Oshiomhole, DAILY INDEPENDENT gathered that he was emboldened by his supporters to continue his campaign while they strategise to ensure he secures another term in office.

Leading the pack are the pro-Odigie-Oyegun governors: Governors Bindo Jibrilla of Adamawa; Mohammed Abdullahi Abubakar of Bauchi; Samuel Ortom, Benue; Badaru Abubakar, Jigawa; Nasir el-Rufai, Kaduna; Aminu Masari, Katsina; Atiku Bagudu, Kebbi; Yahaya Bello, Kogi; Abdulfatah Ahmed, Kwara; Umaru Tanko Al-Makura, Nasarawa; Abubakar Sani Bello, Niger; Ibikunle Amosun, Ogun; Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, Ondo; Simon Lalong, Plateau; Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, Sokoto and Ibrahim Geidam, Yobe.

Among the governors, DAILY INDEPENDENT gathered that Akeredolu and Bello are resolute in their quest to ensure that Odigie-Oyegun retains the seat.

Also included in the plot to return Odigie-Oyegun are some appointees of President Buhari led by Rotimi Amaechi, Minister of Transportation.

A member of the party’s National Working Committee (NWC) who spoke on condition of anonymity said as part of the strategy, a meeting has been fixed at Amaechi’s residence Wednesday evening. Though he could not provide further details on the meeting, he said it is part of the strategy to ensure that Odigie-Oyegun is returned.

He informed that while the president’s support for Oshiomhole could not be brushed aside given his position as the national leader of the party, many of the stakeholders are not in support of the move because they are not comfortable with Oshiomhole’s leadership style.

“Odigie-Oyegun’s supporters are not giving up. Those flying the kite that he will withdraw from the race are making a grave mistake. The man himself (Odigie-Oyegun) has not publicly said he is withdrawing from the race and from what I know, his supporters are working round the clock to ensure that he returns. In fact, they have scheduled a meeting tonight at the residence of Minister of Transport, Rotimi Amaechi.

“Many of those backing Odigie-Oyegun are not comfortable with Oshiomhole as the national chairman and they are determined to ensure that he did not occupy that position. They believe they can influence the delegates to do their bidding at the convention. We will see what plays out during the coming days”, he said.

In a related development, the Lagos State chapter of the APC said on Wednesday that it had no preferred candidate for the party’s national chairmanship position.

A member of the chapter’s Elders’ Forum, Prince Tajudeen Olusi, made the statement in Lagos.

Read more https://independent.ng/apc-chair-oyegun-supporters-vow-to-fight-on/

I pray for more and more confusion in d midst of the APC till 2019 election comes

6 Likes

Re: APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside by SARMAT: 12:20pm On May 03, 2018
PassingShot:
Fair game.

RIZON how marjet undecided no more JAGABAN cry

HOP U KNOW D MEANING OF RIZON

RI IS FOR RESIDENT

Z IS FOR zonB

N is for nairaland

So can we say

You are a resident zombie of nairaland

1 Like

Re: APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside by SARMAT: 12:23pm On May 03, 2018
ba7man:

Your painment is real

Obj said you are a slowpoke

Do u agree undecided

1 Like

Re: APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside by ba7man(m): 12:25pm On May 03, 2018
SARMAT:

Your painment is real

Obj said you are a slowpoke

Do u agree undecided
I repeat.....

2 Likes

Re: APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside by Printerscanner: 12:31pm On May 03, 2018
SARMAT:

You are insulting the people that used your mothers, sisters, nieces, cousins as sex slaves and used about three million others for pepper soup and suya between 1967 and 1970. You are definitely stubborn and will end up where your three million siblings ended.

4 Likes

Re: APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside by annnikky(f): 12:32pm On May 03, 2018
autonomous22:

I pray for more and more confusion in d midst of the APC till 2019 election comes
A loud Amen to that undecided

2 Likes

Re: APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 12:41pm On May 03, 2018
SARMAT:

shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside by tribalnall: 1:16pm On May 03, 2018
SARMAT:

A lot of you igbos move around with damaged brains.

1 Like

Re: APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside by Timfreds(m): 2:58pm On May 03, 2018
It's a welcome development. Tinubu must be taught the lesson of the mistake he made by supporting Buhari.
Re: APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside by obaataaokpaewu: 3:05pm On May 03, 2018
Lagos State chapter says it has not yet decided on who to vote? That's because Tinubu has not yet told them who to support
Re: APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside by nairavsdollars(f): 3:44pm On May 03, 2018
Yes nah

obaataaokpaewu:
Lagos State chapter says it has not yet decided on who to vote? That's because Tinubu has not yet told them who to support
Re: APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 4:54pm On May 03, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
Check my signature in blue below and contact us by clicking the WhatsApp Chat link...
Re: APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside by Firgemachar: 6:58pm On May 03, 2018
SARMAT:

Are you a lunatic

Are Akeredolu, Amosun and co also Fulanis
Re: APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside by sunnymaja(m): 9:54pm On May 03, 2018
Many people still dont understand the strategy. Oyegun has gone already. If cheap plans can override Tinubu, he would not be regarded as strategist. Divorce your sentiments

(1) (Reply)

Ugwuanyi Moves To Complete Enugu Int’l Conference Centre / Oby Ezekwesili: "Citizens Of Nigeria Are Not Ready For Good Governance" / President Buhari To Inaugurate His Cabinet On Wednesday By 10 AM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.