Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami (11051 Views)

Why US Is Stalling The Repatriation Of $308 Abacha Loot / FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA / EFCC To Begin Repatriation Of $200billion Dubai Stash, Receives Looters' List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami by Deji7474: 1:56pm On May 03, 2018
The visit of President Muhammadu Buhari to U.S. President Donald Trump has led to the finalisation of negotiations to repatriate more than $500m (about N190bn) of Nigeria’s looted money traced to the U.S.

Nigeria’s Attorney-General and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, told the News Agency of Nigeria  in Washington, DC, that he and the Attorney-General of the U.S. would be meeting last Tuesday to finalise the agreement.

Malami explained that the technicalities involved were being taken care of by both officials of the Nigerian government and also from the U.S. side.

He said: “On the part of assets recovery, we have made considerable progress through this visit.

“There’s goodwill by the two presidents to have a road map for the repatriation of illicit funds and assets traced to the U.S. as proceeds of illicit transactions.

“This illicit funds and assets are to the tune of $500m and above for immediate repatriation. We are looking at the shortest practicable time for it to be repatriated.

“There is political commitment demonstrated by the two presidents.

“The over $500m is not all the recovery, it is only for the immediate repatriation while we continue with our efforts to recover more.”

(NAN)

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.punchng.com/buharis-visit-u-s-finalises-repatriation-of-over-500m-to-nigeria/amp/

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami by rusher14: 2:05pm On May 03, 2018
Good.

And Trump being the businessman saw an opportunity.
Buy our aircraft's using same sum everybody is happy.

Kudos.

14 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 03, 2018
The $500m PMB paid for the jets would be returned.
Forget about about those jets they will never be delivered America has already poisoned PMB and latest is that he is on a technical stopover in UK.

White man are working to inflict genocide on us. Please see my signature and heed it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami by docadams: 2:56pm On May 03, 2018
GenBuhari:
Forget about about those jets they will never be delivered America has already poisoned PMB and latest is that he is on a technical stopover in UK.

White man are working to inflict genocide on us. Please see my signature and heed it.

My friend, we are talking about international relations
and not some happenings in your village or dome exchange of goods in your local market, where the likes of you exhibit a considerable degree of dishonesty.

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami by CodeTemplar: 2:58pm On May 03, 2018
Newspaper recoveries . . .
Re: Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami by CSTR1003: 2:58pm On May 03, 2018
rusher14:
Good.

And Trump being the businessman saw an opportunity.
Buy our aircraft's using same sum everybody is happy.

Kudos.
And we couldn't get something better than a turbo jet?
Re: Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 03, 2018
So in your mind international relations and deals between Africa and the white man is always fair and honest?

I will trust deals made in my village far more to be fair and honest.
docadams:

My friend, we are talking about international relations
and not some happenings in your village or dome exchange of goods in your local market, where the likes of you exhibit a considerable degree of dishonesty.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami by docadams: 3:11pm On May 03, 2018
GenBuhari:
So in your mind international relations and deals between Africa and the white man is always fair and honest?

With your reasoning, you can as well cut off all contacts with humanity.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami by rusher14: 4:29pm On May 03, 2018
CSTR1003:

And we couldn't get something better than a turbo jet?

We couldn't even get the turbo jets before.

Be thankful.

11 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami by YorubaAssasin: 4:57pm On May 03, 2018
Re: Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 03, 2018
Ok
Re: Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami by Tychamps(m): 4:57pm On May 03, 2018
In English please
Re: Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami by Skepticus: 4:58pm On May 03, 2018
grin

Money returned to be re-looted.

Make una dey deceive unaselves

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami by rozayx5(m): 4:58pm On May 03, 2018
GenBuhari:

Trump just did a thank you for robbing us of half a billion dollars

Nothing came out of the visit

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami by dignity33: 4:58pm On May 03, 2018
Story for next year
Re: Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami by Alejoc(m): 4:58pm On May 03, 2018
Any plan for the money!

Let's use this as seed fund for start ups that can really engineer economic growth and not just fight boko Haram with it
Re: Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami by prettyomidan: 4:58pm On May 03, 2018
Repatriate mean too return na
Re: Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami by Femmedy: 5:00pm On May 03, 2018
Above all, Mr Buhari Nigerians need new 100 naira notes o...... We are tired of cellotaped and old notes in circulation
Re: Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami by henrow4me: 5:00pm On May 03, 2018
Wow...
Re: Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami by bjayx: 5:01pm On May 03, 2018
These guys lie a lot...
I don't believe shiit
Re: Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 03, 2018
GenBuhari:

Man, you know too much. That's a bait Buhari shouldn't have taken if his men in the intelligence circle are smart. Well...lipsrsealed
Re: Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami by Quality20(m): 5:01pm On May 03, 2018
GenBuhari:

What u said is a possibility but pls elaborate more, What does trump n d US stand to gain by poisoning an old man like buhari ,rather than d poor masses?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami by pol23: 5:03pm On May 03, 2018
Lie (Lai) kill you there.
Re: Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami by Firefire(m): 5:03pm On May 03, 2018
ABACHA never stole - Mohomodu Bahary

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami by Chiedu4Trump: 5:05pm On May 03, 2018
This govt is to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Lies left right and centre
Re: Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami by Hennepin: 5:13pm On May 03, 2018
Not a huge Trump fan but Obama was useless to Nigerian. No benefits from that dude.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami by Yusuf54: 5:15pm On May 03, 2018
Skepticus:
grin
Money returned to be re-looted.
Make una dey deceive unaselves
...Try to be optimistic

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami by lastempero: 5:20pm On May 03, 2018
They should have used it to purchase the fighter jet.
Re: Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami by ibkgab001: 5:22pm On May 03, 2018
It will be relooted , reshared and returned back to the USA
Re: Buhari’s Visit: U.S. Finalises Repatriation Of Over $500m To Nigeria - Malami by Dee60: 5:23pm On May 03, 2018
THEY SHOULD HAVE USED THIS TO PAY FOR THE MILITARY EQUIPMENT.

ALL THE ONES REPATRIATED BEFORE ..... WHERE DID THEY END?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sam Anyanwu Becomes South East Consensus Candidate For PDP National Secretary / Mamman Nur: Al Qaeda-linked Man Behind Bomb On UN? / The President Northerners Want - Sule Lamido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.