Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,479 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Guys, Please Come To My Aid - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Guys, Please Come To My Aid (441 Views)

WARNING: Don’t Come To Crawford University In Igbesa / Olanrewaju Ayobami Esther: 'To See Me, You Come To Class And Wait' / Please Come To My Aid Nairalanders!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys, Please Come To My Aid by joan1678(m): 2:46pm On May 03, 2018
Okay, thanks for opening this page. I am an undergraduate but over the past few days I've been exposed to the struggles connected to getting jobs in Nigeria. Prior to this, I have laid out some plans about my after-school life. I understand that in this part of the world where more and more graduates are being added to the growing number of the unemployed, I have no choice but to develop strategic skills that will give me a leverage over my counterparts.
Among others, I have identified "weak verbal communication skill" as a main problem. This is prolly due to my "addiction" to social media. I've spent more time developing written communication skills as opposed to verbal.
Dear reader, please what can I do to overcome this weakness?
I await your suggestions. Thanks.
Re: Guys, Please Come To My Aid by JimD(m): 5:57pm On Nov 06, 2019
Re: Guys, Please Come To My Aid by JimD(m): 5:58pm On Nov 06, 2019
Learn a skill that allows you to earn through social media. Turn ur addiction into money. Am also in Ibadan. Send me a WhatsApp message.
Re: Guys, Please Come To My Aid by 4nigerianyouths(f): 4:22pm On Nov 10, 2019
One of the best way of improving verbal communication is by listening to programs where they communicate properly. So news channels both local and foreign are excellent sources.

Also do a lot of reading books and novels.

Finally you need a environment where you can effectively practice.

You need to get creative here. You need to look for environments where you will forced to communicate.

Or take up the responsiblity of been the PRO officer of a society or group.

You could look for and join a debate club or even start one.

And try to speak regularly. Inform people you are trying to improve your English. Many people will be happy to help and correct you.

I am very
happy you serious about this it will take you places.

Good luck Joan

(1) (Reply)

Learn These Phrasal Verbs / Bullying In Schools / Google Professional Cloud Architect PDF Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.