Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,974 members, 7,806,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

“shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam (27989 Views)

Computer Science Lab In UNIBEN: Before & After Photos / Topless Mentally Unstable Lady Disrupts Lecture In UNIBEN (Photos) / Little Girl Studying Under A Tree In UNIBEN (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by Guapismo: 7:32am On May 04, 2018
Dannieln1:
Failed society
Failed government

Misplaced Priorities

Instead of examining issues hindering this APC led government from progressing instead there're examinig Shaku Shaku

I pity the souls that will vote Buhari
What are you saying?, does it look like an exam on politics, it's talking about literature and they have to ask a question on that field.
Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by oglalasioux(m): 7:34am On May 04, 2018
There's nothing wrong with the question. It fits to what the examiner wants the students to discuss.
Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by Mutemenot(m): 7:38am On May 04, 2018
The question may not be bad for Uniben student after all we know what is produced From the state
Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by Skmoda(m): 7:44am On May 04, 2018
Temibabie:
I'm not sure the lecturer is OK
The lecturer is sick and demented...
Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by Nobody: 7:45am On May 04, 2018
The course is Literature, Popular Culture and Mass media...the question is very apt for them. Some people are reading the first part of the question alone,hence the negative statements. Let's try to be open minded and get the clearer picture of things before jumping into conclusion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by afroxyz: 7:45am On May 04, 2018
DIKEnaWAR:
These are Arts students and their learning and exams ought to come from creative and contemporary Arts in our society.

The lady that posted this does not have a place in such faculty of great learning. She does not understand why she is there or what she is learning.

No mind the mumu. The lecturer want her to apply her knowledge to her immediate environment and she is complaining

1 Like

Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by Nobody: 7:47am On May 04, 2018
undecided

I wonder why people still fall for this type of nonsense. some jobless students, will go to a cafeteria In the school, edit and retype the exam questions and share it on the net, and you buffoons will believe the person..
Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by AreaFada2: 8:00am On May 04, 2018
kingjoe:
it is a technical question.very contemporary and very good for students to test knowledge.they can't use extraenous materials to answer except the smart ones.i like it.A friend of mine that studied history and international students told me his experience when he visited uk . comparing nigeria and uk.[b]while in UK the topic of a day can be what happened the previous day.[/b]analysis etc.while in Nigeria old issues are discussed.we really need to improve.
Very true. These questions would also not be out of place in Sociology, Dramatic Arts and such exams.

In 9ja people tend to rely on books published 1925 as true test of knowledge. With plenty of grandiloquent terms. Whereas the world has since moved on. Authors of those books would not even recognise the world today if they could do a "Lazarus".

In STEM/Healthcare courses, students in Western societies rely on new journal publications, some as recent as published same day for their learning.
These English Language students could end up as Showbizz reporters covering popular culture.

You learn to tackle or address the issues of the day, not those in books since decades, be it in language, health, society, finance, economy, culture, crime, etc

2 Likes

Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by Luminee(f): 8:15am On May 04, 2018
Dem dey wear school uniform for uniben ni

1 Like

Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by nabegibeg: 8:24am On May 04, 2018
CuriousMynd:
A Uniben student has shared a photo of their examination question paper and "shaku shaku", "science student", and "I like your waist in particular" were included in the questions.

The examination question set for students in the department of English and Literature in University of Benin had a question that goes;
"Explain "shaku shaku," science students, and "I like your waist in particular" as products of a society that is highly influenced by popular culture and dance."

The question carries 10 marks and was given to second-year students of the department. A student of the school identified as Gift Biokoro took to Facebook to reveal that there were more unusual questions asides the one going viral.

Gift Biokoro wrote;
"There is nothing you will not see in uniben today's exam was all about shaku-shaku, science student and I love your waist in particular.... And for movies we have jennifas diary, died wretched and tongues of fire....."

Culled from; https://www.torimill.com/2018/05/shaku-shaku-and-i-like-your-waist-in-particular-features-in-uniben-exam-question.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

I am a graduate of faculty of arts university of bening

That is not an examination question from Benin looking at the titles of that paper
Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by Powerexpert: 8:34am On May 04, 2018
Anything for the. traffic. Doubt the authenticity of the information. Notwithstanding, someone without the know of the music will be lost as to answer such.
Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by Kobicove(m): 8:36am On May 04, 2018
We need a Uniben student to actually confirm this undecided
Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by PenPrince07: 8:40am On May 04, 2018
The poster sef! These kind of questions are normal if you're an Art student. I answered more of such questions as an undergraduate in UNIBEN!
Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by Nobody: 8:44am On May 04, 2018
But the question is a very good one, any student of mass communication or English studying media should know this.
Infact it is this kind of interesting questions I loved to jam back then.
The question is quite simple
Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by Krystalluv(f): 8:46am On May 04, 2018
This question is perfectly okay for the course title I'm seeing there... "Literature, popular culture and mass media". The question is how has those songs affected popular culture in our contemporary society.
Any question related to mass media can be asked too.
The students need to relax, understand the question and realize that the lecturer has done no wrong. The lecturer is very okay. The question is not out of the course!
The students are English language students for God's sake!

1 Like

Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by FKMagazine(m): 9:15am On May 04, 2018
GET CHEAP PUBLICITY VIDEOS FOR ALL YOUR CHURCH PROGRAMS & BUSINESSES.

Turn your handbills into attractive Animated Videos, we can also help to spread the video accros all social media platforms (Facebook,LinkedIn,Twitter,WhatsApp,blogs) reaching millions of people in the process boosting your church and business.
save yourself the stress of wasting a lot of money on printing, sharing fliers & pasting banners. FOR JUST 7k(video with background music) 12k(Video with voice over) we also send bulk SMS and build websites.

For more info call or whatsapp @ BISYOM Media on: 09073982244
www.bisyommedia.com
@bisyommedia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQkCPYMG_z0
Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by Sirwallace(m): 9:17am On May 04, 2018
this is what I called practical questions and the type students can relate to. those who are criticizing it wouldnt have raised a red flag if it was to be Shakespeare or Charles dicken's play or drama were used as an example. but here in africa, we dont value our own innovation unlike the asian.

1 Like

Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by Nobody: 9:27am On May 04, 2018
its an applied question. totally on point! what is amusing is the fact that a supposed english student wrote that post with such murdered english.
Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by Tinalex(f): 9:47am On May 04, 2018
The Sister Faiths and Brother Pauls will fail this question. They will now blame it on the devil capturing the soul of the lecturer and more signs of end times. By Sunday it will be topic of preaching..... Happy weekend y'all
Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by teelaw4life(m): 9:47am On May 04, 2018
God bless everyone who has said the questions are pertinent and relevant to the course of study. And to those who seem to think the questions are out of place, kindly go and educate yourself. This is the kind of contemporary education we clamor for. God bless the lecturer.

1 Like

Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by Cutestee(m): 9:54am On May 04, 2018
Dannieln1:
Failed society
Failed government

Misplaced Priorities

Instead of examining issues hindering this APC led government from progressing instead there're examinig Shaku Shaku

Bros Shey Na Buhari Asked The Lecturer To Include Shaku Shaku In An Exam Question.

Na Everything Be Buhari?

Lazy Youth undecided
Dannieln1:
Failed society
Failed government

Misplaced Priorities

Bros Shey Na Buhari Asked The Lecturer To Include Shaku Shaku In An Exam Question.

Na Everything Be Buhari?

Lazy Youth
Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by freedomchild: 10:03am On May 04, 2018
the question is in order in such departments.. the girl that posted this just to mock the exam or the keen lecturer is nothing but a purposeless nonentity
Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by oladele00(m): 10:06am On May 04, 2018
Wow! What a great question? ... A 21century lecturer who knows what he is doing. Look deep into the Nigeria society and answer the question... We need lecturer like this one in our decaying universities allover the nation.. Must lecturers always set questions from the western books?.. The answer is a typical no.. We have to look inward and relates to issues rocking our society.
Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by nonix22(m): 10:51am On May 04, 2018
nice one. you go fear failure

a student abroad once used Beyonce for her final year essay.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39805745/this-student-did-her-final-year-essay-on-beyonce

I think we are getting there
Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by guavaflakes: 11:28am On May 04, 2018
Dannieln1:
Failed society
Failed government

Misplaced Priorities

Did you notice the course title and department before you typed your long epistle
Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by shawnmendes: 12:00pm On May 04, 2018
Dannieln1:
Failed society
Failed government

Misplaced Priorities

did you read the question? People who don't read beyond headlines are calling the country failed. Nonsense
Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by Worksunlimited: 12:09pm On May 04, 2018
There appears to be nothing wrong ere.. As the question does relate to the course written..
Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by Worksunlimited: 12:10pm On May 04, 2018
There appears to be nothing wrong ere.. As the question does relate to the course written, which is "Literature, Popular Culture and Mass Media....
Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by Eghosagraviti(m): 12:16pm On May 04, 2018
CuriousMynd:
A Uniben student has shared a photo of their examination question paper and "shaku shaku", "science student", and "I like your waist in particular" were included in the questions.

The examination question set for students in the department of English and Literature in University of Benin had a question that goes;
"Explain "shaku shaku," science students, and "I like your waist in particular" as products of a society that is highly influenced by popular culture and dance."

The question carries 10 marks and was given to second-year students of the department. A student of the school identified as Gift Biokoro took to Facebook to reveal that there were more unusual questions asides the one going viral.

Gift Biokoro wrote;
"There is nothing you will not see in uniben today's exam was all about shaku-shaku, science student and I love your waist in particular.... And for movies we have jennifas diary, died wretched and tongues of fire....."

Culled from; https://www.torimill.com/2018/05/shaku-shaku-and-i-like-your-waist-in-particular-features-in-uniben-exam-question.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique
In all fairness, this is a very intelligent question. I dont understand where the misplaced priority or priotities is coming from. Then again, the lecturer that set this question is not the social type, still wondering what inspired the shaku shaku question. Dont ask me how i know this, he taught me in Uniben.
Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by Drockfit: 1:35pm On May 04, 2018
Since they know how to dance it well, they should have better explanation.
Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by WarriFirstBorn(m): 1:38pm On May 04, 2018
And she is studying English and Literary studies.
Great Uniben for that matter!
Re: “shaku Shaku” And “I Like Your Waist In Particular” Features In Uniben Exam by SirBunky85(m): 2:16pm On May 04, 2018
DIKEnaWAR:
These are Arts students and their learning and exams ought to come from creative and contemporary Arts in our society.

The lady that posted this does not have a place in such faculty of great learning. She does not understand why she is there or what she is learning.
dis is d first time u have bn objective rather dan attacking pmb and tinubu up&down

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures From A.B.U -CBN Multi-billion Naira Centre Of Excellence / Meet Favour Fabian Chiekezi: The Winner Of ICPC National Essay Competition / How Much Did You Spend On Your Final Year Project?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.