Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

What To Look For When Buying A Chinese Phone. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What To Look For When Buying A Chinese Phone. (898 Views)

10 Chinese Phone Makers Set On World Domination / Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 / 10 Cheap Chinese Phone That Look Like Samsung Galaxy S8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Look For When Buying A Chinese Phone. by giftedben: 7:44am On May 04, 2018
If you're ready to take the plunge and buy a Chinese phone, it's not as simple as just logging on to ALIBABA or JUMIA and picking up the first one you see. There are still a few things you should consider so that you get a great phone.

*Be brand conscious: Every Chinese phone isn't the same. Much like a Samsung is different from an LG, a Gionee is different from a Tecno. You need to pay attention to the brands. Some of the more well-known brands are Huawei, Lenovo, Xiaomi, Oppo, Infinix, Leagoo, Meizu, LeTV, and OnePlus.

*Research, research, research: I can't say this strongly enough. Buying a Chinese phone isn't as simple as walking into SLOT and picking up an Infinix Zero 5. Read whatever reviews you can about a phone, preferably from reviewers in Nairaland or those who live in the same country as you.

*Check if it supports your country: This is the most important part of buying Chinese phones. PhoneArena's list of Chinese phones is a good place to start. But no matter what, I'd recommend checking out www.willmyphonework.net to be doubly sure about the Chinese phone working on your local carrier.

*Buy and pay from reliable ecommerce: Don't just go to some random website and buy your phone. Much like you would stick to Jumia.com or Slot.ng over a smaller, unknown e-retailer in Nigeria, you need to adopt the same practices while shopping from China. Ideally, buy from the company itself, like Mi.com for Xiaomi phones, infinixmobility.com for Infinix phones. You can also try AliExpress.com.

*Global warranty: Make sure you check the fine print about the warranty on your phone! If you're unsure about warranty, I'd recommend checking out Carlcare Centers.

Have you bought an Android phone in the past year from one of the well-known Chinese manufacturers like Lenovo, Huawei, Xiaomi, Infinix, Gionee, Tecno or OnePlus? What has your experience been like? Would you recommend Chinese phones to others? Let us know in the comments!

Re: What To Look For When Buying A Chinese Phone. by Ejadike(m): 3:04pm On May 04, 2018
I'll Recommend TECNO every time, because of it's affordability, it's specs and simple UI/UX

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Look For When Buying A Chinese Phone. by bravesoul247(m): 6:41pm On May 04, 2018
I look our for so many things, e.g the battery, camera pixels, the Ram and rom. On that note, I'll Recommend TECNO Camon CM cos it has exactly what I want in a device.

1 Like

Re: What To Look For When Buying A Chinese Phone. by bravesoul247(m): 6:42pm On May 04, 2018
Ejadike:
I'll Recommend TECNO every time, because of it's affordability, it's specs and simple UI/UX
nice
Re: What To Look For When Buying A Chinese Phone. by chicwoman(f): 1:52pm On May 05, 2018
Tecno is actually a good brand tbh
Ejadike:
Re: What To Look For When Buying A Chinese Phone. by chicwoman(f): 1:53pm On May 05, 2018
The CM make sense sha
I really hope I can try out the phone
bravesoul247:
I look our for so many things, e.g the battery, camera pixels, the Ram and rom. On that note, I'll Recommend TECNO Camon CM cos it has exactly what I want in a device.
Re: What To Look For When Buying A Chinese Phone. by Emeka71(m): 7:26pm On May 05, 2018
chicwoman:
The CM make sense sha I really hope I can try out the phone
Making common sense as in Senator Ben Bruce.
Re: What To Look For When Buying A Chinese Phone. by chicwoman(f): 5:36pm On May 12, 2018
Lool
Emeka71:
Making common sense as in Senator Ben Bruce.
Re: What To Look For When Buying A Chinese Phone. by chicwoman(f): 6:00pm On May 12, 2018
TECNO and Infinix for me sha
At least those are known brands
Ejadike:
Re: What To Look For When Buying A Chinese Phone. by Ejadike(m): 6:30pm On May 12, 2018
chicwoman:
TECNO and Infinix for me sha
At least those are known brands
very true. Those are the ones I can trust.

(1) (Reply)

Tecno Spark 2 Is Coming By June Next Month With Triple LED Flash / Lenovo A5 Review / Tecno Camon 11- 32gb ROM 3gb Ram Vs Galaxy A10 32gb/2gb Vs Gionee S11 64/4gb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.