Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,553 members, 7,809,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

Planning A Visit To The Us? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Planning A Visit To The Us? (790 Views)

Nigeria Have Suffered (my Experience On A Visit To India). / 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt / Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Planning A Visit To The Us? by rave2u: 1:28pm On May 20, 2010
I need your sincere opinions regarding this issue. I have a cousin who studies in Singapore. She's studying at an american University there. She's been there for four years. She visits naija every year for vacation. Now she's planning a visit to the US this dec to go see her fiance. Financing the trip is not the issue, cus this would be taken care of. N she intends to return to Singapore after 2weeks to contd her education because her school fees has been paid upfront.

What is the guarantee she would get the visa?
Re: Planning A Visit To The Us? by Pittbaby(f): 5:50pm On May 20, 2010
If she applies from the US embassy in the country where she is schooling , and she can show that she is in good standing at the university that she is currently attending , are chances are good. I have found that embassies outside naija are not as strict . but I am not sure how the singapore consulate compares to the Lagos consulate.

She must be careful how she describes the relationship between herself and the person she is visiting , She must keep in mind that any statement that shows an intent not to return to country of residence will result in a denial . Having a fiancee in the US is definately Immigrant intent.
Re: Planning A Visit To The Us? by oyewolejos(m): 7:55pm On May 20, 2010
Pittbaby:

If she applies from the US embassy in the country where she is schooling , and she can show that she is in good standing at the university that she is currently attending , are chances are good. I have found that embassies outside naija are not as strict . but I am not sure how the singapore consulate compares to the Lagos consulate.

She must be careful how she describes the relationship between herself and the person she is visiting , She must keep in mind that any statement that shows an intent not to return to country of residence will result in a denial . Having a fiancee in the US is definately Immigrant intent.

Exactly my point.
She needs to reframe it from fiance to family or close friend cos they will just believe she want to go and settle down with her hubby which is clearly an immigration intention.
Just change the reason for travelling and she will be good.
Re: Planning A Visit To The Us? by dancewith: 6:41pm On May 21, 2010
@poster
Lies are not good but in this instance it may help
Re: Planning A Visit To The Us? by Pittbaby(f): 8:24pm On May 21, 2010
as long as yall are not married , just say friend if you will be listing him as your contact or even better just list a female friend or other family member . No need to use the word "Fiancee" .

(1) (Reply)

Any Nigerian Doing Business In Southern Sudan?how Is It? / Your Experience When You First Flew To The U.s / The American dream ( Joseph's Amazing story )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.