Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

2019: How Blind People Will Vote During Elections - INEC Reveals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: How Blind People Will Vote During Elections - INEC Reveals (10778 Views)

2019 Presidency: INEC Reveals Only Thing That Will Stop Saturday's Election / "APC Will Not Participate In Rivers State Elections" - INEC Reveals / Governor Obiano Casts His Vote During Anambra Election (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: How Blind People Will Vote During Elections - INEC Reveals by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:34pm On May 04, 2018
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has disclosed that the commission has perfected arrangements for the deployment of ballot papers printed in Braille to ensure that visually impaired persons vote unaided in the 2019 general elections.

Chairman of the Commission, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, made the disclosure, on Thursday, during a sensitisation outreach at the University of Abuja Campus on the ongoing civic registration exercise.

The Commission’s boss further noted that the exercise is part of the commission’s effort to make the democratisation exercise all inclusive for the People Living with Disabilities in the country.

He noted that the commission had during the Anambra governorship election started with the provision of magnifying glasses for the albinos, promising that wheel chairs will also be provided for the cripples.

“For the visually impaired, we can provided ballot papers printed in Braille. For the albinos, we have started the use of magnifying glasses in Anambra, and the other phisically challenged people, we will be deploying wheelchairs,” Yakubu said.

The INEC boss assured the university community that registration centres have been opened on the campus and urged them to avail themselves of the opportunity to participate in the exercise.

Confirming that those who registered in 2017 have begun to collect their cards in the first quarter of 2018 ahead of the 2019 general elections, he disclosed that the four million registered in 2017 and another two million registered in 2018, will all collect their PVCs, promising that the 11 million Nigerians that will be registered before 2019 will all collect their pvcs.

“We have opened registration centre at the campus and I want you urge the university community to utilize the opportunity provided to them. Let me reassure that those who registered in 2017 have started collecting their cards in the first quarter of 2018 ahead of the 2019 general elections.

“The four million registered in 2017 and another two million registered in 2018, will all collect their PVCs. The 11 million Nigerians that will be registered before 2019 will all collect their PVCs,” he said.

While fielding questions from the students the INEC chairman told one of the students who claimed he first voted at the age of 12 that the voting age from 18 years and anything less than 18 will be unlawful.

He also told the university community that for now the law only made provision for transfer if one intends to vote elsewhere other than the originally registered, adding that what the person required is to apply to the INEC office in the local government of his new residence.

Celebrities that graced the event which included musicians Tuface Innocent Idibia, Helen Paul and Cobhams Asuquo urged the students to avail themselves of the CVR exercise and ensure that they participate in the 2019 by casting their votes.

A visually impaired and Music Producer, Mr Cobham’s Asuquo had earlier urged INEC to assist people living with disabilities to exercise their franchise in accordance with the secret ballot principle so that he would vote unaided, urging INEC; “to stop underaged voting stressing that the phenomenon is a reality.”

Head of European Union delegation to Nigeria, Mr Ketil Karlson noted that 60 per cent of influence in the Democratic process is determined by the young people but noted that there is a lull in youth participation across the world.

“I appeal for greater participation considering the greater percentage of the youths, both in elective offices and in the election processes in general. I wonder why fewer youth participate. Biggest pockets don’t necessarily win elections but biggest ideas.”

According to Kalson, the EU is in Africa to promote democracy and strengthen democratic institutions.

http://sunnewsonline.com/inec-deploy-braille-ballot-papers-visually-impaired/

Re: 2019: How Blind People Will Vote During Elections - INEC Reveals by Dyt(f): 1:42pm On May 04, 2018
Re: 2019: How Blind People Will Vote During Elections - INEC Reveals by fourhayz: 1:43pm On May 04, 2018
Anyhow them wan take vote...

Buhari Wont Win

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: How Blind People Will Vote During Elections - INEC Reveals by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 1:43pm On May 04, 2018
INEC is a scam

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: How Blind People Will Vote During Elections - INEC Reveals by izzou(m): 1:43pm On May 04, 2018
grin

The blind do not even need their sight to see the gross incompetence in the government, courtesy of Mohammed and Yemi

So therefore, I endorse it. grin It's a welcome development

Let them also make provisions for the mad and mentally disabled. A good number of Nigerians fall under this category too, after Buhari took over

14 Likes

Re: 2019: How Blind People Will Vote During Elections - INEC Reveals by Asek1(m): 1:44pm On May 04, 2018
Modifying the process will mean null and void without electronic voting...
Re: 2019: How Blind People Will Vote During Elections - INEC Reveals by chilariye: 1:45pm On May 04, 2018
THE POWER OF INTEGRITY

He snubbed Angela Markel in White House; refusing to shake her hands in oval office.
He shocked President Al Sisi of Egypt. Told him point blank in WH that he will cut aid to Egypt.
He called North Korean leader Kim Jung Un , the 'Rocket Man'.
He has chastised President Putin. Heaping sanctions on his close associates.
He called out Theresa May of Britain.
He criticised China and her leaders. He took a risk of trade war with China.
He called Mexicans rapist , drug peddlers and unsavoury names. Even plans to build a wall.
He fought American footballers who refused to honour their anthem.
He is fighting the largest media platform, CNN.
He is fighting establishments in US; FBI, CIA, JUDICIARY etc.
He knocked NATO allies. Threatened Iran. Shot into Syria.
He fights with his appointees if needs be.
He called black Americans 'LAZY' before his elections.
He called African nations 'shithole'.
He is not afraid to tell it to u , no matter who u are because he is the POTUS. He says it exactly the way it is, snubs, Bullshits even world leaders.
He rarely gives compliments
BUT
when he met President Buhari, everything changed. He was so excited that he could not control it. To d extent that he was even longing for a 'selfie'/ close shot, smiling to the camera. Meaning it was deliberate. Gave PMB d full presidential compliments he has hardly given any other leader since assuming office.
He didn't stop there, he went on and on with eternal compliments.
Buhari became a Rock star to him.
WHY?
The honour and unusual integrity , dedication and commitment of a black man.
Finally he said, " I have tremendous respect for President Buhari.....Buhari is a honest & great leader Africa has produced ....For your sake, I will like to visit Nigeria pretty soon."

He also called him the No. 1 President of Africa.

Keep your honour. It will speak for u someday.

If the Hater's hero can say this about my President , why should I attempt to support or vote another.

It took a 75 year old President to attract such an honour to Nigeria. What far younger ones couldn't do for years. It is an honour for us all; all Nigerians not for PMB alone.

Buhari Again 2019.

Proudly Nigerian.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: How Blind People Will Vote During Elections - INEC Reveals by brainpower(m): 1:45pm On May 04, 2018
everything is being perfected to rig the election in favour of buhari. They know he can't win a free and fair election.

If it's not the release of prisoners it will be disenfranchising voters.
Re: 2019: How Blind People Will Vote During Elections - INEC Reveals by Hysmady(m): 1:46pm On May 04, 2018
Even the dead vote in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 2019: How Blind People Will Vote During Elections - INEC Reveals by donnie(m): 1:46pm On May 04, 2018
Go get your PVCs folks
Re: 2019: How Blind People Will Vote During Elections - INEC Reveals by anyimontana(m): 1:46pm On May 04, 2018
Once they finger buhari,their finger will jump and pass
Re: 2019: How Blind People Will Vote During Elections - INEC Reveals by oluseyiforjesus(m): 1:47pm On May 04, 2018
Hv bin singing dat Sunny Okosun song since morning: Nigeria is now or never..................
Indomie children won't knw d song
Let vote bubu to Daura.
Re: 2019: How Blind People Will Vote During Elections - INEC Reveals by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 1:47pm On May 04, 2018
INEC has always been an agent of electoral malpractice in Nigeria.

INEC is a scam.

It should be Dependent electoral commission
Re: 2019: How Blind People Will Vote During Elections - INEC Reveals by Dalexicographer(m): 1:47pm On May 04, 2018
If den like, make the dead vote...
Buhari is going back to Daura angry

1 Like

Re: 2019: How Blind People Will Vote During Elections - INEC Reveals by alphaconde(m): 1:47pm On May 04, 2018
blind people vote go be like kano vote
Re: 2019: How Blind People Will Vote During Elections - INEC Reveals by Iamdmentor1(m): 1:48pm On May 04, 2018
This is a stratagem to get the north to keep Buhari in power.

By the way, There has been no snake thread for a long time. Has lalasticlala been relieved off his duties? Seun if yes, we demand that you reinstate him for we miss the snake threads.

#BringBackTheSnakeThreads

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: How Blind People Will Vote During Elections - INEC Reveals by UncleSnr(m): 1:49pm On May 04, 2018
shocked
It makes no sense at all!
Won't it be rigged?
Re: 2019: How Blind People Will Vote During Elections - INEC Reveals by ozoebuka1(m): 1:49pm On May 04, 2018
angry angry angry

As far as buhari ain't getting the votes, we cool.
angry angry angry
Re: 2019: How Blind People Will Vote During Elections - INEC Reveals by Generalkaycee(m): 1:50pm On May 04, 2018
Re: 2019: How Blind People Will Vote During Elections - INEC Reveals by BedLam: 1:50pm On May 04, 2018
chilariye:
THE POWER OF INTEGRITY

He snubbed Angela Markel in White House; refusing to shake her hands in oval office.
He shocked President Al Sisi of Egypt. Told him point blank in WH that he will cut aid to Egypt.
He called Mexicans rapist , drug peddlers and unsavoury names. Even plans to build a wall.
He is not afraid to tell it to u , no matter who u are because he is the POTUS. He says it exactly the way it is, snubs, Bullshits even world leaders.
BUT
when he met President Buhari, everything changed. He was so excited that he could not control it. To d extent that he was even longing for a 'selfie'/ close shot, smiling to the camera. Meaning it was deliberate. Gave PMB d full presidential compliments he has hardly given any other leader since assuming office.
WHY?
Finally he said, " I have tremendous respect for President Buhari.....Buhari is a honest & great leader Africa has produced ....For your sake, I will like to visit Nigeria pretty soon."

If the Hater's hero can say this about my President , why should I attempt to support or vote another.

It took a 75 year old President to attract such an honour to Nigeria. What far younger ones couldn't do for years. It is an honour for us all; all Nigerians not for PMB alone.

Buhari Again 2019.

Proudly Nigerian.
Must be your new "viral" campaign slogan. BMC dolt.

4 Likes

Re: 2019: How Blind People Will Vote During Elections - INEC Reveals by BedLam: 1:51pm On May 04, 2018
Iamdmentor1:
This is a stratagem to get the north to keep Buhari in power.

By the way, There has been no snake thread for a long time. Has lalasticlala been relieved off his duties? Seun if yes, we demand that you reinstate him for we miss the snake threads.

#BringBackTheSnakeThreads
My thoughts too. The North accounts for the highest number of blind people die to diseases.
Re: 2019: How Blind People Will Vote During Elections - INEC Reveals by yanabasee(m): 1:51pm On May 04, 2018
More ways to kick baba to daura.....
Re: 2019: How Blind People Will Vote During Elections - INEC Reveals by gameboy727(m): 1:52pm On May 04, 2018
chilariye:
THE POWER OF INTEGRITY

BUT
WHY?

Buhari Again 2019.

Proudly Nigerian.
I almost wanted to insult your write up(filled with trash) but then I thought, zombie na zombie already.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: How Blind People Will Vote During Elections - INEC Reveals by Dalexicographer(m): 1:52pm On May 04, 2018
chilariye:
THE POWER OF INTEGRITY

BUT
WHY?

Buhari Again 2019.

Proudly Nigerian.
Bastard!! angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: How Blind People Will Vote During Elections - INEC Reveals by africanusvu(m): 1:52pm On May 04, 2018
Thank gods jare.let the blind vote this time.after all this govt and country is for the blind.people weey dee see never vote better na blind vote now go make change come.useless people
Re: 2019: How Blind People Will Vote During Elections - INEC Reveals by officialMarcTimi(m): 1:53pm On May 04, 2018
Advance way to rig da election is loading... In fairness INEC ought to get it right satisfactorily before thinking about blind persons. Can they drag with ppl on da lines to vote ? Until better measures are taken about electoral process in Nigeria, dis plan is suspicious therefore should be stopped like DINO MELAYE'S RECALL
Re: 2019: How Blind People Will Vote During Elections - INEC Reveals by Mcanie: 1:57pm On May 04, 2018
I hope they dont also vote blindly. Their eyes might be blind but i pray it doesnt affect their thinking.
Re: 2019: How Blind People Will Vote During Elections - INEC Reveals by holuphisayor(m): 2:00pm On May 04, 2018
how about dead people?
how will they vote cos they tried recalling a senator in kogi.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Come Out And Vote On Saturday, Atiku Urges Nigerians / APC Primary: Orji Kalu To Win Abia North Ticket As An Unopposed Aspirant / FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.