Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,111 members, 7,807,354 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations (41391 Views)

Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall / Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp / Lady Loses Employment Opportunity Over Semi-nude DP On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by CriticMaestro: 10:04pm On May 04, 2018
labanj1:

So she can construct good sentence but doesn't know when to use them. Stop supporting stupidity.
How does ur brain function sef...
For the girl mumu mind she get connect wey go guarantee her the job...
So u don't expect her to behave like any job Hunter...she was like dude where can I see to collect my employment letter...there's no way u will tell me that the guy didn't take it personal
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by Heavance(m): 10:04pm On May 04, 2018
harmbhrosz:
and did the lady sent the those text in her mother language?? Coz I don't understand this your analogy
What did you type there?

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by Coldfeets: 10:07pm On May 04, 2018
CriticMaestro:

Am not trying to stand up for the girl...all I Am trying to point out is d negativity that the man was trying to attached to her use of shorthand...there are millions of people in this country that do use shorthand and live well...in journalism it's a key skill to maximize time...
Now the man in quote obviously took it personal bcuz
1. Na connect she wan use land the work
2. He's offended bcuz she was being too girlish...u know how our girls are...they always like too dey make guys look mumu

Am not? lipsrsealed

No wonder!!!

Fools will always defend their fellow fools!

3 Likes

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by inoki247: 10:07pm On May 04, 2018
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Bro forget that talk,

That girl failed the communication test woefully and pathetically.

Very shambolic display!
diz part of d world sha will always support tinz dat wont add value to ur business. we go put religion for head. put language for head.. if na Job she wan giv d man shey e go talk say bkuuz u chat me up in abbreviations i wont colet d job...
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by CriticMaestro: 10:08pm On May 04, 2018
sisisioge:

I'm sorry Paddie, there's no excuse here. She's wrong! I won't even bother reading it if I were the guy. I ignore chats in this format all the time...this is me who isn't yet an employer o grin
Like I said I don't care about the girl's manners...
But it is how the guy potray the whole thing like he knows what she's capable of...ofcux it's wrong to type in such a way to a potential employers of yours...but she was simply thinking connection and not minding the reality
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by dominique(f): 10:09pm On May 04, 2018
makydebbie:
I don't understand some people.

You've twenty six letters of the alphabet on your keyboard, yet you can't type in full? What is your excuse? Are you mad?

I can't chat with people who type this way. Because I can't fry my brain for every sentence you type. Mtcheew.

When you finish cumming, you'll know.

grin grin grin
Thought I was the only one o even here on Nairaland. If I see a post ridden with abbreviations, I just jump and pass.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by CriticMaestro: 10:10pm On May 04, 2018
Coldfeets:

Am not? lipsrsealed

No wonder!!!

Fools will always defend their fellow fools!
Haha haha dude I'm not competing with u ..imi just trying to communicate as fast as I can...
But I can see you are Mr perfect, yet you are still jobless...I don't blame you sha...stay put with your mediocre mind
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by dominique(f): 10:14pm On May 04, 2018
harmbhrosz:
and did the lady sent the those text in her mother language?? Coz I don't understand this your analogy

You don't understand. If you correct some people's grammatical blunders, they will tell you English is not their forefathers language, not their mother tongue etc. A good number of these people that type in text-speak are never open to corrections.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by CriticMaestro: 10:14pm On May 04, 2018
donbenie:
What type of Professional etiquette was she exhibiting by typing in such a manner..and you think the person is wrong to judge her based on the attributes she portrayed?
The bottom line is that the man disqualified her bcuz of her manners not bcuz he knew she wasn't capable of doing or handling the job...u get my point?
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by makydebbie(f): 10:17pm On May 04, 2018
dominique:

grin grin grin
Thought I was the only one o even here on Nairaland. If I see a post ridden with abbreviations, I just jump and pass.

Me too even here. Imagine someone quoting me using shorthand, I'll just like and share so you'll know I noticed you, because I cannot come and kill myself. grin

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by nazablossom(f): 10:19pm On May 04, 2018
CriticMaestro:
Mumu black man, that is how u might miss on a great talent...always looking for stupid cheap respect...rubbish...to say na oyingbo type slangs giv u now, u for dey shake tail like bingo
There is no talent to loose there. How can a sane person write such abbreviations for a great opportunity like that. What will it take her to construct a simple word/words,auto- correct is even there to help her out. The most annoying part is using cum as come. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by labanj1(m): 10:22pm On May 04, 2018
CriticMaestro:

How does ur brain function sef...
For the girl mumu mind she get connect wey go guarantee her the job...
So u don't expect her to behave like any job Hunter...she was like dude where can I see to collect my employment letter...there's no way u will tell me that the guy didn't take it personal
It's more like how does your own brain function? Chatting that way with a potential employer is wrong. Thinking because you know somebody somewhere is a license to type that way is also wrong. It means she doesn't want to put any effort whatsoever to convince the employer despite the fact she has a contact. You're just jumping from one excuse to the other.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by Coldfeets: 10:23pm On May 04, 2018
CriticMaestro:

Haha haha dude I'm not competing with u ..imi just trying to communicate as fast as I can...
But I can see you are Mr perfect, yet you are still jobless...I don't blame you sha...stay put with your mediocre mind

Try not to be faster than your shadows whenever you are 'communicating'.

That will surely help in preventing your foolishness from _cumming all over the place just like the lady, you fellow lazy youth, in question.
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by jaxxy(m): 10:23pm On May 04, 2018
Very wrong bt people do get carried away cos its whatsapp which is like a causal chat App to many.
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by lereinter(m): 10:25pm On May 04, 2018
direction to cum
what does cum mean in this world
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by CriticMaestro: 10:26pm On May 04, 2018
nazablossom:
There is no talent to loose there. How can a sane person write such abbreviations for a great opportunity like that. What will it take her to construct a simple word/words,auto- correct is even there to help her out. The most annoying part is using cum as come. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Get this:
We all know the power of connect in this country
For the girl stupid mind she don get work already na for her to just meet the man to finalize everything..that's probably why she typed like that...
What I don't agree with the man is the way he tries to potray the scenario as if he knew that she's not capable of handling the job...
The key instrument used in judjing her was her attitude not ability...
But the man is trying to frame it like from their actions we shall know them
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by labanj1(m): 10:27pm On May 04, 2018
dominique:

You don't understand. If you correct some people's grammatical blunders, they will tell you English is not their forefathers language, not their mother tongue etc. A good number of these people that type in text-speak are never open to corrections.
I've seen people bring these arguments. My response has always been if you want to learn something do it well. The fact remains most people still can't read and write even their own native language.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by Okoyeifeanyi95(m): 10:29pm On May 04, 2018
Lazy youth

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by nazablossom(f): 10:31pm On May 04, 2018
CriticMaestro:

Get this:
We all know the power of connect in this country
For the girl stupid mind she don get work already na for her to just meet the man to finalize everything..that's probably why she typed like that...
What I don't agree with the man is the way he tries to potray the scenario as if he knew that she's not capable of handling the job...
I understand. And the girl might never know why she didn't get the job. I hope she knows to avoid repeating the mistake next time.
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by harmbhrosz(m): 10:33pm On May 04, 2018
dominique:

the fact that she short-handed every of her text doesn't automatically implies that she's bad in English communication, I have friends who are fluent in both written and oral English language but when they come online to chat me they end up abbreviating everything that you'll almost not make sense from their chat if you're not familiar with them........that's just the influence of social media.

The lady in context might just be carried away while sending those texts, (I'm 87% sure she won't write in an interview the same way she sent those text)

So I was only saying you shouldn't conclude that she's bad at communicating in English or won't take corrections if given.
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by Ishilove: 10:38pm On May 04, 2018
dominique:
When say they should express themselves in clear English, they will say English is not their mother-tongue. She should go and apply for a job in her language.
They will even ask you 'who English epp'? They will start comparing themselves to Tuface and other big time artists and telling you how the said singers madebot without education (forgetting that we all have our individual destinies.)

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by AZeD1(m): 10:54pm On May 04, 2018
CriticMaestro:

Communication is not a race, so why the rush?

The aim of communication is to pass messages so the proper thing is to write whatever message you are sending as clear as possible.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by teflonjake(m): 10:57pm On May 04, 2018
Buffalowings3:

grin cheesy
Savage you are

Lol
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by pocohantas(f): 11:01pm On May 04, 2018
Na that cum, weak me pass.
How many times she wan cum? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 04, 2018
Very good one.

I'm has turned to am
Have is now hv
Because is now bc.

I ended a relationship after constant warnings that this kind of spellings disorient me.

Imagine someone starting a conversation with "hey"

Shuoooo
Iranu!!!
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by AZeD1(m): 11:08pm On May 04, 2018
CriticMaestro:

Ability can be taught, attitude cannot so when it comes hiring, people hire for attitude.

If she can't be cautious when looking for a job, what are the chances of the lady being dedicated when she gets the job?

harmbhrosz:
the fact that she short-handed every of her text doesn't automatically implies that she's bad in English communication, I have friends who are fluent in both written and oral English language but when they come online to chat me they end up abbreviating everything that you'll almost not make sense from their chat if you're not familiar with them........that's just the influence of social media.

The lady in context might just be carried away while sending those texts, (I'm 87% sure she won't write in an interview the same way she sent those text)

So I was only saying you shouldn't conclude that she's bad at communicating in English or won't take corrections if given.
Chatting with friends is different from chatting with a potential employer or a stranger. So many qualified people looking for jobs why hire one who can't be a***d to compose a simple message?

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by laudate: 11:11pm On May 04, 2018
harmbhrosz:

CriticMaestro:
So because she dicided to type using short hand removes the possibility of her being able to construct good sentence

Hahaha....ah no blame ur monkey brain...

It's obvious the guy was just offended the way the girl related to him...as in she get connect make she do anyhow...this wasn't professional it was personal
There is a saying - "you never get a second chance, to make a first impression." undecided She was not chatting to a well-known friend or pal, but to a complete stranger whom she had never met! shocked Using shorthand to a friend might be permissible, but using it in a message to a prospective employer is totally uncalled for! How many minutes would it have taken for her to type out the message in full? Apart from that, if she had used one or two abbreviations, it might have been overlooked, but in her case, every single word was abbreviated. Why? shocked Some people are often their own worst enemies....honestly!

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by laudate: 11:12pm On May 04, 2018
AZeD1:
Ability can be taught, attitude cannot so when it comes hiring, people hire for attitude.

If she can't be cautious when looking for a job, what are the chances of the lady being dedicated when she gets the job?

Chatting with friends is different from chatting with a potential employer or a stranger. So many qualified people looking for jobs why hire one who can't be a***d to compose a simple message?

You are just so right! wink And you hit the nail on the head!
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by CriticMaestro: 11:16pm On May 04, 2018
laudate:

She was not chatting to a well-known friend or pal, but to a complete stranger whom she had never met! shocked Using shorthand to a friend might be permissible, but using it in a message to a prospective employer is totally uncalled for! How many minutes would it have taken for her to type out the message in full? Apart from that, if she had used one or two abbreviations, it might have been overlooked, but in her case, every single word was abbreviated. Why? shocked Some people are often their own worst enemies....honestly!
like she was following the proper channel to get employed...
She was using connect to get the job don't forget...
U know how this girls are we are pretty and stuff lets just do this...
Forget all that the bottom line is her attitude failed her not ability as the man was trying to potray
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by laudate: 11:21pm On May 04, 2018
CriticMaestro:
like she was following the proper channel to get employed...
She was using connect to get the job don't forget...
U know how this girls are we are pretty and stuff lets just do this...
Forget all that the bottom line is her attitude failed her not ability as the man was trying to potray

Even if she was using her connections to get a job offer, she still should not have sent a message to a prospective employer she had never met, using that format. sad Like I said earlier: "you never get a second chance, to make a first impression." She should also have had it at the back of her mind, that her actions or inaction would reflect badly on the reputation of the person who sent her to that prospective employer. undecided

So does having the right connections to get a job, give a person the right to be discourteous or careless in communication, when approaching a prospective employer? Her communication style also speaks volumes about her attitude. No employer wants an employee with a poor or careless attitude, who cannot be bothered to pay attention to details.
Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by harmbhrosz(m): 11:26pm On May 04, 2018
laudate:

There is a saying - "you never get a second chance, to make a first impression." undecided She was not chatting to a well-known friend or pal, but to a complete stranger whom she had never met! shocked Using shorthand to a friend might be permissible, but using it in a message to a prospective employer is totally uncalled for! How many minutes would it have taken for her to type out the message in full? Apart from that, if she had used one or two abbreviations, it might have been overlooked, but in her case, every single word was abbreviated. Why? shocked Some people are often their own worst enemies....honestly!
I ain't rooting for the girl

I was only quoting someone who implied that the supposed lady doesn't know how to communicate in English without blunders.

The only issue here (based on what we have in that screenshot above) is that the lady could not differentiate between a Formal and an Informal communication.

AZeD1:

Re: Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations by CriticMaestro: 11:27pm On May 04, 2018
laudate:

Even if she was using her connections to get a job offer, she still should not have sent a message to a prospective employer she had never met, using that format. sad Like I said earlier: "you never get a second chance, to make a first impression." She should also have had it at the back of her mind, that her actions or inaction would reflect badly on the reputation of the person who sent her to that prospective employer. undecided

So does having the right connections to get a job, give a person the right to be discourteous or careless in communication, when approaching a prospective employer?
Am not defending her
If it wasn't the shorthand it would have been something else related to attitude...But the man is trying to say 'judge a person by his attitude is wrong'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? / We Solved WAEC Questions In A Job Interview Today / DCSL Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.