Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Queen Eragon's Diary. - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Queen Eragon's Diary. (9854 Views)

Eragon Is A Month Older Today. Help Rate Her. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by Rany4all(m): 7:21pm On May 26, 2018
Eveezy:
Hmm, Ontop meet Eragon, una no want make my guy enjoy this him thread, op Abeg, for 9ja standard, ur Gsd is OK, overtime Nigeria has gotten their own standard for straight back Gsd, so d dog is Ok.
But for general standard, AKC, FCI ND some odaz, it's nt up to standard. Just enjoy ur pup
All join my brother cheesy, we are keeping Eragon's thread alive and popular. Op must, at least, be thankful for that!

1 Like

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by vincentjk(m): 7:35pm On May 26, 2018
phunkypalace:

Honestly i don't know how this escaped my eyes and i didn't defend myself. You called me a rude man, may i remind you I haven't used an offensive word against anybody here, so I'd like to know who is disrespecting who.

Secondly I remember vividly i didn't say a damn word about your Boerboel, i only addressed you calling your aunt a breeder and that what she does is a not a definition of a breeder. So why tell lies against me. You can defend yourself like I have done now.

Kk

1 Like

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by johnnyn1(m): 7:46pm On May 26, 2018
OtunbaBlack:

Nice mine is pregnant age definitely as refused to eat any food that does not have fish in it ...
grin Sharp bitch she is.
Eragon wont eat her noodles unless there is either meat or egg..

Just got her some cool food.
Chicken Anus/leg and dried fish.
grin
Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by johnnyn1(m): 7:49pm On May 26, 2018
Eveezy:
Hmm, Ontop meet Eragon, una no want make my guy enjoy this him thread, op Abeg, for 9ja standard, ur Gsd is OK, overtime Nigeria has gotten their own standard for straight back Gsd, so d dog is Ok.
But for general standard, AKC, FCI ND some odaz, it's nt up to standard. Just enjoy ur pup
cheesy smiley
Thanks eveezy
Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by johnnyn1(m): 7:59pm On May 26, 2018
Thanks guys.
I Appreciate yall.. Eragon does too cheesy
@Vincentjk bro You are sighted wink
Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by Jungpablo: 11:02pm On May 26, 2018
phunkypalace:

But at the same Boerboels are judged by mere looks during appraisal. What do you say to that?

yu are very wrong sir boerboels are not appraised merely by looks. looks is just for form cos without good form a working dog cannot function properly.
Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by Jungpablo: 11:12pm On May 26, 2018
phunkypalace:

Honestly you tried, but at the end you tied the rope to your leg yourself.

"Breed standard is merely a set of guidelines, which can change overtime mind you, that a dog must meet for it to qualify for breeding purposes.".....your words. But looking at what you, said it shows you wrong. According to the FCI and the AKC, breed standard are not meant for the dog to qualify for breeding purposes alone, they are guide lines every so called breeder must work with to maintain that specific breed of dog you are into. If any fault comes up like you said, the pup is advised not to be bred with because it does not conform to the breed standard and as such is not pure. Breeding with it would only cause further damages. This is because breeding must continue to still have these specific breed so they won't go into extinction. So definitely to me you wrong with that statement. Take for example the GSD, that is my area and I'll explain to it to you. The German working lines are the perfect example of a GSD according to the breed standard Max Von Stephanitz the founder of the GSD laid down as at then and even conform to the present breed standard, no faults whatsoever, yet it is advised not to breed with them because they are working dogs. What would you say to that?
The breed standard changed overtime like you said and we have so many GSD out there now that are different from what he bred at his time. They are out there because they all conform to the new breed standard.
Conformation to the breed standard definitely shows purity because the breed standard is what defines if the dog is pure or not. If it's not that, then the old white GSD wouldn't have been blotted out. The old white GSD now called White Shepherds conformed to the breed standard of Max Von Stephanitz because he said the colour of a dog has nothing to do as long as it portrays the ability to work.
So if the pup in the same litter does not meet up with the breed standard, what do you call it?
Pure or impure?......fine it was bred purely but it came out impure. I've seen it happen too. But if it is pure, nothing would have stopped any breeder from breeding again with the said dog.

Purity is mainly determined by ancestry and genes, not necessarily morphological appearance.-your last line,
I'll bodly tell you a faulty recessive gene in the line of ancestry can definitely make a puppy not conform to the breed standard and that automatically has make that dog impure.

Lastly i guess you should check the parents of the said puppy yourself and make a judgement to it yourself. Check what they look like.

a GSD being white does not make it impure lemme give yu an instance. boerboel breed standard says males should be between 65 to 70cm at withers but afrika sakabuka is exactly 78cm at the withers (his parents are normal height, his litter mates are normal height) which is way beyond the breed standard and his appraisal score is around 90 so does being too tall make him impure? and I know a DDR breeder here in nairaland(i don't want to mention him) that has a pedigree DDR that is not up to the height stipulated by the breed standard. in Pitt world it is not advisable to breed a cur dog but that does not make the dog impure just that it does not possess the real thing so it should be kept as pet and only the best should be bred. even among litter mate some dogs come out differently from their litter mates so will yu can a particular pup amongst a litter from same parents impure and the others pure? what about Zeus the tallest dog ever was he not more than the breed standard but he still died as a great Dane(is he even dead?) . it's just like saying an albino is not African becos he lacks melanin or a short child from very tall parents is not their child a white GSD is still a pure breed GSD just that it should not be bred because white is not desirable and therefore should not be bred

1 Like

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by Nobody: 1:06am On May 27, 2018
fabre4:
its either this guy is a troll or he has no idea of what a GSD is. This is a local dog and a gsd mix
That's a black bingo and yellow bingo mix.
Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by johnnyn1(m): 8:43am On May 27, 2018
NwaChibuzor44:

That's a black bingo and yellow bingo mix.

grin.
You re so knowledged sir.
Happy Sunday folks.

Make sure you be at his presence guys.

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by phunkypalace(m): 1:14pm On May 27, 2018
Jungpablo:

yu are very wrong sir boerboels are not appraised merely by looks. looks is just for form cos without good form a working dog cannot function properly.

Boerboel is not my line of interest, so maybe you can help explain how they are appraised.

1 Like

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by Jungpablo: 8:16pm On May 27, 2018
phunkypalace:

Boerboel is not my line of interest, so maybe you can help explain how they are appraised.

temperament, health etc
Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by johnnyn1(m): 10:21pm On Jun 01, 2018
Hello Guys smiley
Hope you all great?
Happy New month Petlanders.
Wish you and your pet the very best this Month.
Success all the way, Favour all the way, Blessings all the way.

Eragon at it.
She surprised me today, she bark at a friend today.
How do I encourage/train her to bark at strangers pls.
My vet is suggesting restrictions.
Any other way pls?
Thanks in advance.
Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by johnnyn1(m): 10:25pm On Jun 01, 2018
Eragon strikes a pose
Shot by :Wapwonder wink

grin sho mo age mi Ni?
She's gonna be 4month soon.

1 Share

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by johnnyn1(m): 7:02pm On Jun 29, 2018
She's getting there. cheesy

It's been a while guys,
Greetings oo cheesy

Pics was taken today.
Don't mind the camera �

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by rumenase(m): 12:08am On Jun 30, 2018
is it pic mix, my eyes or is your dog having the color pattern of a husky?

2 Likes

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by Eveezy(m): 12:25am On Jun 30, 2018
rumenase:
Exactly, looking like an husky

3 Likes

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by johnnyn1(m): 1:12am On Jun 30, 2018
rumenase:
cheesy

Husky for where?

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by johnnyn1(m): 1:12am On Jun 30, 2018
Eveezy:

Exactly, looking like an husky

You too?
Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by johnnyn1(m): 1:24am On Jun 30, 2018
Eragon doesn't take no for an answer,especially when she wants to play lipsrsealed
She plays with her teeth in a attacking way, she goes for the leg anytime it's available,
She has left several scars on my arm, and legs.
Sometimes I get angry and scold her. She may concur for 10seconds and continues.

One lovely thing about Eragon.
Every morning she greets every member of the family by jumping, wagging her tail and same time all over you. grin

1 Like

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by Eveezy(m): 11:18pm On Jun 30, 2018
johnnyn1:

You too?
look at DT pics na, her coat colour and pattern seems like DT of an husky, or na filters mk am like DT? can u post ordinary pics of ur dog without filters?

2 Likes

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by johnnyn1(m): 6:47am On Jul 01, 2018
Eveezy:

look at DT pics na, her coat colour and pattern seems like DT of an husky, or na filters mk am like DT? can u post ordinary pics of ur dog without filters?

grin
The Pics is without filters sir.

Will post more of her pics.
Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by rumenase(m): 12:59am On Jul 03, 2018
johnnyn1:

grin The Pics is without filters sir.
Will post more of her pics.

who no too know go think say na husky o

1 Like

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by johnnyn1(m): 1:44am On Jul 06, 2018
lipsrsealed

hi guys.
got a better camera phone some few days back. decided to test run the camera quality on *Eragon and it did.

Eragon gave me a pose. it not easy getting eragon to remain calm. but she eventually did.

Eragon is growing daily....
Streetwise
Security Wise
Her puppy teeth are almost removed. growing sronger canines.
Her love for the couch is something else ooo

Eragon would open door from the outside, I was daised the day she started it..
now we must lock always lock the door to stop her. from

I'm happy her security instinct kicked Already

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by johnnyn1(m): 6:59pm On Jul 11, 2018
Pics update of my girl..
cheesy grin

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by johnnyn1(m): 9:44pm On Aug 01, 2018
Hi Friends
happy new month to you all..
It's our Month of Dominion. yea.. we have come to stay and dominate.

Eragon oooo..
her Mata Taya me oo..
I was gifted a Dog cage by a close friend family.
Thanks to them.
Unknown to me the cage had legion of ticks on it..
At first I was sad,I had not overcame the BINGO FEEDS I bought then this came. there is a solution to every eeish I believe.
I kept saying that to my peeps here, no one wants a dog with ticks around.

So I got a vet to help with the cleanup and he was way charging me, I decided to do the fumigating and thorough cleaning of the cage and it's surrounding.

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by johnnyn1(m): 9:46pm On Aug 01, 2018
My Vet says.. She might have Husky traits in her bloodline

1 Like

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by johnnyn1(m): 7:38pm On Aug 08, 2018
Eragon today..
last week was tough for her, she was really sick and was looking like she was gonna die. But thanks to God and the VET that came around to treat her..
Bought some drugs too like Rhopegan to stop her vomitting, Amoxin for antibiotic and Cyprigold to help her eat.
It was really a tough weekend.
but thank God she is BAck and Active.

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by phunkypalace(m): 6:19pm On Aug 09, 2018
Jungpablo:

a GSD being white does not make it impure lemme give yu an instance. boerboel breed standard says males should be between 65 to 70cm at withers but afrika sakabuka is exactly 78cm at the withers (his parents are normal height, his litter mates are normal height) which is way beyond the breed standard and his appraisal score is around 90 so does being too tall make him impure? and I know a DDR breeder here in nairaland(i don't want to mention him) that has a pedigree DDR that is not up to the height stipulated by the breed standard. in Pitt world it is not advisable to breed a cur dog but that does not make the dog impure just that it does not possess the real thing so it should be kept as pet and only the best should be bred. even among litter mate some dogs come out differently from their litter mates so will yu can a particular pup amongst a litter from same parents impure and the others pure? what about Zeus the tallest dog ever was he not more than the breed standard but he still died as a great Dane(is he even dead?) . it's just like saying an albino is not African becos he lacks melanin or a short child from very tall parents is not their child a white GSD is still a pure breed GSD just that it should not be bred because white is not desirable and therefore should not be bred

After every patience and months passed by, is this said Dog a pure bred dog and came out differently?

Who even said a white GSD exists?...Is it you?
If you claim there is a white GSD, I'll appreciate if you get your facts right and do more research. Anything white looking like a GSD is no GSD as they are called a separate breed. Find that out yourself.

So come out and tell me this particular dog's parents are GSD but unfortunately she came out differently..I have a dog at the same age with this dog, you can do the comparison yourself.
Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by phunkypalace(m): 6:44pm On Aug 09, 2018
These two are GSD's and not the mutt been celebrated on here...

1 Like

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by vincentjk(m): 7:31pm On Aug 09, 2018
Oga I don't even know why you're doing this

Do you realise the damage you're causing people by invading their thread and posting these pictures even without their approval??

Phunkypalace
Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by Benbobola(m): 7:43pm On Aug 09, 2018
phunkypalace:
These two are GSD's and not the mutt been celebrated on here...
That's disrespectful, man. Create your own thread. He's happy with his dog and celebrates her. Not for you to intrude by washing down his pet. Be nice.

4 Likes

Re: Queen Eragon's Diary. by rumenase(m): 7:53pm On Aug 09, 2018
vincentjk:
Oga I don't even know why you're doing this

Do you realise the damage you're causing people by invading their thread and posting these pictures even without their approval??

Phunkypalace

Abeg leave that guy jor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wonders Shall Never End! See Woman With The Biggest Pussy. Pics. / My Boy (kongo) ! / Most Shocking Zoo Accidents And Animal Attacks On Human.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.