Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,843 members, 7,806,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" (11840 Views)

Black Market Speculators Lose Big After Naira Gains N50/$1 In A Few Days / Zukerberg Loses Big As Facebook, Watsapp And Instagram Goes Down / World Richest: Jeff Bezos Regains Title As Elon Musk’s Tesla Loses $15.2bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Automotive1(m): 1:16am On May 05, 2018

Fortune, that's what you may likely lose if you are hot tempered and also when unrefined answers are given to simple questions . Tesla lost 5% in business shares or US$2 billion because of these.

Elon Musk's outspoken views and lack of respect for participants during a teleconference call have led to a 5% loss in business shares, which amounted to about £2 billlion on wednesday , despite his promises that the production of the troubled Model 3 was on track.

It's obvious that the future of Tesla depends on the upcoming Model 3, and with Musk vowing to reverse losses within a few months, an analyst asked how much profit Tesla will be able to get from the electric car.

Musk replied : 'Excuse me. Next. Boring, bonehead questions are not cool. Next?'

Another analyst from RBC Capital Markets also asked a question about the upcoming Model 3 during the Question & Answer session

Elon musk paused for about 15 seconds, before saying : 'These questions are so dry. They're killing me.' 

An analyst from Robert W Baird & Co was trying to encourage Elon Musk to give more updates on the Model 3 do as to boost its stock value.

Musk replied. “I’m not here to convince you to buy our stock. Do not buy it if volatility is scary. There you go.”

At the end of day , a total of about $2 billion was wiped off from Tesla's market value in response to the South African born, CEO of Tesla's rude attitude during the quarterly earnings teleconference call yesterday.

Despite loosing about $1 billion in cash in the first quarter of the year, Elon Musk also rejected the idea of raising money to help the company.

Tesla is still aiming to meet a daily production target of 5,000 Model 3s by end of june, which means potential buyers still have to wait a little before they can get the £25,000 5-seater electric car .

The Model 3s has a range of 215 miles on a single charge and can go from 0 to 60mph or 0 to 100km/h in 6 seconds.

Source https://autojosh.com/elon-musks-rude-attitude-cost-tesla-2b-in-value-after-calling-an-analyst-boring-bonehead/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by SternProphet: 2:22am On May 05, 2018
This is an entrepreneur for you. Always highly stressed. If you don't buy their stock only because Musk was rude then you should not be an investor

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Kobicove(m): 7:25am On May 05, 2018
The questions are valid...

Nothing lasts for ever!

Tesla's dominance of the electric car space could fizzle out in an instant due to Elon Musk's carelessness! undecided

26 Likes

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Somebodydaddy01: 7:27am On May 05, 2018
This Elon will be killed soon .....he’s shaking a very big table

3 Likes

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Beedoc: 7:28am On May 05, 2018
Hahaha
Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by mmsen: 7:29am On May 05, 2018
SternProphet:
This is an entrepreneur for you. Always highly stressed. If you don't buy their stock only because Musk was rude then you should not be an investor

People are selling the stock because the company that he heads is behind schedule and he was evasive about his plans.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by emykuzee: 7:30am On May 05, 2018
Pride goes before a fall

7 Likes

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by mixter(m): 7:31am On May 05, 2018
Interesting . Attitude is everything. Well, be as it may, it will be cool to see how things turns out in the next 4 months. Well done Elon

3 Likes

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Blakjewelry(m): 7:31am On May 05, 2018
wow... those at top are more at risk than those at the bottom, a snap of the finger they are already loosing billions anyway I rather be on the top than to drag the leftover at the bottom

3 Likes

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Winneygirl(f): 7:32am On May 05, 2018
He threw away an opportunity to sell the Model 3.
And that has cost them big.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by tdayof(m): 7:34am On May 05, 2018
You don't win always but when you win, make sure you win big.

Elon is coming back big.

Just musk it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by motherfucker: 7:38am On May 05, 2018
SternProphet:
bros, even at that he shouldn't have responded in that man. Why make it seems like entrepreneurs are generally rude? Fuuuuck his billions

4 Likes

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Alejoc(m): 7:38am On May 05, 2018
Elon my guy!

Embrace supercap now before you lose the industry to some better tech
Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by omoiyalayi(m): 7:39am On May 05, 2018
That was how buhari de-market us that day saying nigeria youth are lazy

Only God knows the level of damages that had done to this country now

About Elon I comment my reserve

2 Likes

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by slap1(m): 7:40am On May 05, 2018
SternProphet:

This makes no sense to me. How do you know he was stressed? Why not avoid the teleconference entirely if he wasn't up for it, instead of showing up and being rude?
There is no excuse for how he replied to those questions. He was disrespectful and arrogant!

19 Likes

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by nowpresence(f): 7:41am On May 05, 2018
interesting.... let's see how event unfolds
Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by 7footre(m): 7:41am On May 05, 2018
Getting to the top is not the issue, staying at the top is what is challenging

6 Likes

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Josnac(m): 7:42am On May 05, 2018
They lost $2b just by his attitude to a question.

who knows what Nigeria as a country lost just by having a confused mind veer off track and label the youths lazy

5 Likes

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by slap1(m): 7:43am On May 05, 2018
Winneygirl:
He threw away an opportunity to sell the Model 3.
And that has cost them big.

And someone is saying it's because he was stressed! If as a CEO, you openly say you are not convincing anyone to buy your stock, it creates uncertainty about your products.

If, for example, I was considering buying the Model 3, his comment would make me change my mind. Like he equally gives no damn about the customers.

20 Likes

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by ghettowriter(m): 7:44am On May 05, 2018
This guy is just plain rude. i remember his twitter some while ago when somebody asked him a question abt facebook and he was like, "whats facebook?" lol

i just pity Zukerberg

1 Like

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by aAK1(m): 7:45am On May 05, 2018
Musk is actually more of the science than business. And that's why he cares less about the financial impact on his business

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Tellemall: 7:47am On May 05, 2018
slap1:

This makes no sense to me. How do you know he was stressed? Why not avoid the teleconference entirely if he wasn't up for it, instead of showing up and being rude?
There is no excuse for how he replied to those questions. He was disrespectful and arrogant!

His problem isn't rudeness, but that he refused to give answers to pertinent questions raised.

He appears unsure and so is blustering in order to cover up.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Neochemist: 7:48am On May 05, 2018
aAK1:
Musk is actually more of the science than business. And that's why he cares less about the financial impact on his business
The Elon Musk I've read about doesn't care

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Nobody: 7:59am On May 05, 2018
SternProphet:

The attitude of the key decision maker is big deal to an investor.

2 Likes

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Truth234(m): 8:12am On May 05, 2018
Jarus:

The atitude of the key decision maker is big deal to an investor.

I watched the interview live, he said sorry we have to go to youtube, these questions are killing me. Elon Musk is not your typical CEO and always struggle with words. Again, he thought Tesla better than expected statement would be enough to justify the company action but the reporter was bent on knowing why the company is still behind on production and pushing to know if they are going back to WallStreet for investment.

Again, the stock merely reacted to market noise following the report (typical retail investors reaction), no long-term investor is selling Tesla's stock and it has since rebounded to $294 a share.

Tesla issue is inability to meet demand it created. More than 500,000 orders, yet production is slow. However, the company exceeded expectation in the first quarter, which is key and Elon is that one person you don't wanna bet against.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by 9aiboard: 8:19am On May 05, 2018
aAK1:

My brother you Sabi this man..leave all this ppl talking trash

1 Like

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Ibime(m): 8:21am On May 05, 2018
Tellemall:

His problem isn't rudeness, but that he refused to give answers to pertinent questions raised.

He appears unsure and so is blustering in order to cover up.

The pertinent question is how Tesla reached such a lofty valuation selling less than 100,000 cars, while Toyota which sells 10 million cars per year is valued at $190bln only.

Teslas valuation is built on fluff and speculation and they are burning through investor money much like UBER. Elon better sit up and be serious about these pertinent questions.

7 Likes

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by SternProphet: 8:23am On May 05, 2018
slap1:

Tesla is stressed. There are problems in the car company, battery company and I suspect many other areas. He is taking more risks than most entrepreneurs because he is miles ahead of most entrepreneurs. He is a tech-preneur. He probably should not have attended this conference with young investment analysts who would be asking annoying basic questions around. product readiness. Only engineers know what i am talking about. A problem can be solved in 3 months by a team of engineers , or in 1 sec by an inspired engineer within that team, the stupid investor is the one who asks for a specific time a technical pronlem on a new product will be solved. That is why venture capital is not for sissies. You are risking a lot but you don't know when you will make money.

Tessa has everywhere yo get money. If all else fails, the Saudis, Chinese, Pentagon, DOE, Google, Amazon et.c can give him money

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by Winneygirl(f): 8:23am On May 05, 2018
slap1:

And someone is saying it's because he was stressed! If as a CEO, you openly say you are not convincing anyone to buy your stock, it creates uncertainty about your products.

If, for example, I was considering buying the Model 3, his comment would make me change my mind. Like he equally gives no damn about the customers.

Thank you o.
How do I believe in a product you are offering if you can't take the time out to sell it?
How am I sure that investing in this is beneficial to me, and not just to your company?

3 Likes

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by SternProphet: 8:24am On May 05, 2018
Ibime:

The pertinent question is how Tesla has a value of $300bln, the 6th most valued company in the world by selling less than 100,000 cars per year, while Toyota which sells 10 million cars per year is valued at $190bln only.

Teslas valuation is built on fluff and speculation and they are burning through investor money much like UBER. Elon better sit up and be serious about these pertinent questions.

There are NO answers. It is a new technology area.
Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by SehgateTeam(m): 8:25am On May 05, 2018
SternProphet:

You are right. Apart from heading 3 big companies (Tesla, Space X and Solar city) I've watched his interview many times, Elon is somehow shy, cant talk too much, dont talk more on his company revenue, I can personally relate this so-call bad attitute to stress.

Elon said "Mon-Tuesday I work full time inside Tesla facility, Wednesday-friday I work with my team at space X facility and during Weekend he stay at Solar city with his brother". Family and friends issue is by the corner. is not easy

Elon don't trade on data, he trade physical commodity. if the share drops, shares will surely pick up back if he work more on the model 3.

No matter how you relate with people, there must be complain. someone planning to launch billion of dollar space-ship is different from news reporters on salary. If he fails, huge money goes down. if reporter fails, company replace him/her.

Try to respect everyones mood.......

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tesla Loses Big After Elon Calls An Analyst's Questions 'Boring And Bonehead" by sweetgala(m): 8:31am On May 05, 2018
Kobicove:
The questions are valid...

Nothing lasts for ever!

Tesla's dominance of the electric car space could fizzle out in an instant due to Elon Musk's carelessness! undecided

It's about to end in a very drastic way of things are not done to address their production issues because Mercedes and VW are coming in hot with advance technology , equal battery etc and the reputation

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Any Explaination to the dominance of St. Louis Sugars in Nigeria / Lagos Govt Reopens Sealed Ladipo Market. / Oil Soars Past $100 After Russia Orders Troops Into Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.