Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,605 members, 7,801,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe (57048 Views)

Dead Bayelsa Corper Wrapped In Nylon Bag, Transported On Boat By Fellow Corpers / Odanike Azuka: Corper Drowns While Swimming At A Beach In Delta State / Corpers Taking Selfie At Taraba River Before Drowning (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe by Theboss100(m): 3:06pm On May 05, 2018
When I Travelled To Bayelsa Last For An Assignment. Otuogidi To Be Precise. While On The Boat, To Take A Selfie, The Boat Start Shaking. A Gal At The Other End Told Boat Operator To Take Me Back Immediately That Something Bad Will Happen To Me If I Should Proceed. She Went Further To Tell Me That The River Has Eaten Some People (drown), I Ran Away And Never Came Back
Re: Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe by OyinO: 3:08pm On May 05, 2018
rifasenate11:
sad... RIP to him, but we need to curtail this selfie culture of us. it's getting out of hand. what will he tell Baba God
Baba God? Where's Mama God?
Re: Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe by xreal: 3:19pm On May 05, 2018
oshe11:
Abasibong!

This one weak me

This is what happens when your aim of going for service is to feed your friends on Fbk with pictures

Gbam

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe by ipobarecriminals: 3:22pm On May 05, 2018
sad go serve not go take pinsure on top of mango tree /railway with headphone blasting @89%..This is probably one of days 1000 ways to die.May God give the family fortitude to bear the irreplaceable loss.IT IS WELL
Re: Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe by wink2015(m): 3:23pm On May 05, 2018
He no know water wetin carry am go water!

He forgot his PPE and fail to wear life jacket.

My condolences goes to his loved ones.

Rest in peace ( RIP )
Re: Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe by oderemo(m): 3:30pm On May 05, 2018
Idiot, can swim con de take selfie.
Even me way fit swim pass fish no dey go near ocean.
Re: Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe by LordOfNaira: 3:50pm On May 05, 2018
Margy:
I wish he knew how to swim...
embarassed embarassed embarassed

Swimming should be incorprated in our school curriculum

He might have known how to swim.

Swimming skills would hardly help if you hit the water surface awkwardly.

This fellow was taking a selfie. He didn't plan to fall down. So, when he lost his balance, it would be hard even for the greatest swimmer to reposition himself in the air for a safe dive or landing. He probably hit the surface of the water hard and passed out.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe by samuelson06(m): 3:53pm On May 05, 2018
DEXTROVERT:
LIFE
IS
WORTHLESS
IMAGINE
AFTER
ALL
THESE
YEARS
OF
PARENT
STRUGGLE
TO
RAISE
HIM
AND
SCHOOLING
HE
NEVER
KNEW
HE
WILL
DIE
WHILE
SNAPPING
PICX.
WE
ARE
JUST
ALL
ANIMALS
IN
A
GARDEN
FOR
EXPERIMENT
WAITING
TO
DIE
ANYTIME
ANYHOW.

RIP
BRO

Why not just kill yourself if you think you are right? Was he sent to go and be taking selfies?
Re: Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe by dazzlingd(m): 4:20pm On May 05, 2018
EXLOVER:
is your eyes close to see that there is hardship in the country? every kid in Nigeria now that own a browsing phone is into scam one way or the other, so bro open your eyes. nor insult me abeg, try as much as possible to be mature and civilize... Goodday

Somebody grabs this guy before he goes out naked.... ori e ti daru meaning your head has scattered....Oga! There is no excuse for evil and wickedness...that you have sympathy for such acts shows you are possessed and demonic
Re: Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe by SHOCK7(m): 4:21pm On May 05, 2018
sushieater:
That's natural selection, the dumb ones who are obsessed with selfies fall off bridges and jetties, get bitten by rattlesnake, get bitten by Sharks, get hit by a bus while taking selfies and whatnot. The smart ones will survive and one day, the world will be free of these freaks and life will be normal again.

Good Riddance. tongue

Lalasticlala
Aaah datz just 2 insensitive and harsh of u!
Re: Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe by SHOCK7(m): 4:26pm On May 05, 2018
Chloe88:

You're foool Sir
hello Chloe,i noticed u hid 'ur face on 'ur dp, why?
Re: Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe by PotatoSalad(m): 4:39pm On May 05, 2018
angelboy01:
Many people don't know swimming is a necessity. It's one of the best exercises that works for the whole muscles and it could even safe your life. It took me about a week and I learnt to swim perfectly
I did and drank 50 litres cry
Re: Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe by EXLOVER(m): 4:47pm On May 05, 2018
dazzlingd:

Somebody grabs this guy before he goes out naked.... ori e ti daru meaning your head has scattered....Oga! There is no excuse for evil and wickedness...that you have sympathy for such acts shows you are possessed and demonic
make i just ignore yoy
Re: Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe by Paperwhite(m): 4:48pm On May 05, 2018
Lonestar124:
He went to the river side to take pictures.eventually he will post some in his various social media platform. Now tell me what killed this guy? Just to attract likes and to notify his friend that he is standing beside a beautiful river in bayelsa where he was sent to serve his country and mistakenly he fell into the river.....what an awkward way to die. Wasted career, wasted resources, wasted life.

Reason we should be conscious of our social lifestyles before it leads us to an unexpected spot.

My commiseration goes to his family and beloved ones..may his gentle soul rest in peace cry
My dear- you spoke my mind.Thank you.
Re: Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe by ztanleechima(m): 4:59pm On May 05, 2018
hey. rest on.

Re: Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe by Odunayomi96: 5:28pm On May 05, 2018
na village people he this o
Re: Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe by scobyhybrid(m): 5:31pm On May 05, 2018
Partnerbiz:
Nawao

Na why i no dey near all those stuff.

Na only river niger i don go wen mumsy carry me go buy Aguleri yams called "mbuna"

Rip bro.

u know aguleri, am from tat side cool
Re: Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe by AlphaT1(m): 5:58pm On May 05, 2018
Margy:

Survival techniques in the sea are completely different from just knowing how to swim.
Re: Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe by AmasB(f): 6:02pm On May 05, 2018
may his gentle soul rest in peace
Re: Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 05, 2018
@villagepeople
Re: Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe by authority2006(m): 6:11pm On May 05, 2018
Margy:

I can swim. I learned it while growing up but that river is long gone. I'm always thinking about how to get my children to learn how to swim. No river, no swimming pool.
Re: Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe by authority2006(m): 6:13pm On May 05, 2018
AlphaT1:

Survival techniques in the sea are completely different from just knowing how to swim.

Yeah, you're right. But if you don't know how to swim, how would you know the techniques to survive in a river?
Re: Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe by authority2006(m): 6:17pm On May 05, 2018
LordOfNaira:

He might have known how to swim.

Swimming skills would hardly help if you hit the water surface awkwardly.

This fellow was taking a selfie. He didn't plan to fall down. So, when he lost his balance, it would be hard even for the greatest swimmer to reposition himself in the air for a safe dive or landing. He probably hit the surface of the water hard and passed out.

I doubt it if he could swim. Only few Nigerians outside Niger Delta region know how to swim. There are no many swimming pools around.
Re: Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe by ennysuccess(m): 6:24pm On May 05, 2018
oyetunder:
undecided Needless death...emergency grave.

You can make your comment without quoting me undecided
Re: Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe by stzy(m): 6:42pm On May 05, 2018
sushieater:
That's natural selection, the dumb ones who are obsessed with selfies fall off bridges and jetties, get bitten by rattlesnake, get bitten by Sharks, get hit by a bus while taking selfies and whatnot. The smart ones will survive and one day, the world will be free of these freaks and life will be normal again.

Good Riddance. tongue

Lalasticlala
People that think like you do are rare
its all about improving your survival techniques to outlive the present challenges

you must be a Darwinian follower
loyal to Richard Dawkins I guess
Re: Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe by Ebios(m): 7:12pm On May 05, 2018
Lonestar124:
Amen...but the same bible wrote "there are ways that seem right in man but the end is dead" interpret this quotation regarding the subject matter.
...Ok...its Heb 9:27 not Galatians...

To me that text prov 12;14 is saying that there are consequences to everything we do esp those things that seem correct or right to man but are not with God n so will lead to death at d end.

But here is d story of a guy who didnt do bad thing but just to take a selfie like u n l but met his death all in d name of not knowing hw to swim.
Guy, it was his time because so many who dont or didnt kno hw to swim, fell but later got rescured bcus it is or was not their time.
When a person's time comes....even laughter can kill the person...
See,lets leave everything to God bc the Bible says," The secret things belong to God...."(Deut 29:29).Death is a secret best known to God alone.
Re: Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe by fero007: 7:50pm On May 05, 2018
I console his friends and family n I pray he is in heaven

chai, I thank Oghene me that I grew up in the Niger Delta and can't have problem with swimming
Re: Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe by KULESTGee24(m): 9:21pm On May 05, 2018
LeeMason:
Learn how to swim, it wont take more than 3days attempt
I shall do dat rightaway...becos sighting big water bodies arouses great fear in my body embarassed embarassed
Re: Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 05, 2018
Margy:
I wish he knew how to swim... embarassed embarassed embarassed
That's right
Re: Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe by kalu61(m): 10:23pm On May 05, 2018
RIP Bro
Re: Bayelsa Corper Drowns While Taking Selfie At A Jetty In Ogbolomaibiri, Nembe by Proffeluczy1(m): 10:30pm On May 05, 2018
DEXTROVERT:
LIFE IS WORTHLESS IMAGINE AFTER ALL THESE YEARS OF PARENT STRUGGLE TO RAISE HIM AND SCHOOLING HE NEVER KNEW HE WILL DIE WHILE SNAPPING PICX. WE ARE JUST ALL LIKE ANIMALS IN A GARDEN FOR EXPERIMENT WAITING TO DIE ANYTIME ANYHOW.
RIP BRO
The most painful part of it is when one has not discover his/her origin.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

“i’m Not In POS Business” – Man Who Became A Viral NYSC Meme Speaks / Queen Ezinne Nwolisa, Miss NYSC Abuja Nigeria Adds One Today; Happy Birthday / Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.