Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,577 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! (13198 Views)

Man United Will Finish The Season Trophyless After Losing To Sevilla In The UEL / UEL Group Stage Draw: Arsenal Vs Frankfurt, Man Utd Face Astana / Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid: UEFA Super Cup (2 - 4) On 15th August 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Twoclans(f): 7:09am On May 18, 2018
donstan18:

@Embolden, you funny die grin grin

I'v done and downloaded it kiss

Ada bekee don't worry, I'm not a troublemaker, inugo cool

Owelle donstan one of nairaland ,ada bekee anu go okwu oma gi.

Have a lovely day ahead .

2 Likes

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by donstan18: 7:14am On May 18, 2018
Twoclans:

You too dear kiss

2 Likes

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 10:03am On May 18, 2018
Cadec007:
bro no vex am just waking up after the drinks!!!
Hope your eyes don clear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 10:04am On May 18, 2018
Cadec007:
hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
Why you dey laugh me?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 10:11am On May 18, 2018
Costa don warn Grizou make he think left and right before he decide to go to barca, because if he go - no turning back. Hope he stays. Question: Which team do you think Griezmann will be playing for in 2018/2019 season and why do you think so?
Expecting a quick reply.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 18, 2018
Twoclans:

Why is it that I'm always the one greeting you? cry
Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Cadec007(m): 7:49pm On May 20, 2018
donstan18:

How do I download your dp? shocked
.........and he made me check it on sunday! I even thought the dp was atletico madrids flag *laughs*

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Cadec007(m): 7:52pm On May 20, 2018
Godwindanielboy:
Costa don warn Grizou make he think left and right before he decide to go to barca, because if he go - no turning back. Hope he stays. Question: Which team do you think Griezmann will be playing for in 2018/2019 season and why do you think so?
Expecting a quick reply.
he should sit his as* at the metropolis and stop raising barca's hopes.
Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Cadec007(m): 7:52pm On May 20, 2018
It may not have been the result Atletico Madrid and Fernando Torres wanted, but two goals in his farewell and a second-place finish should be enough to make everyone at the Wanda Metropolitano smile. It was a hotly contested match despite a slight lack of meaning – with neither side backing down from a challenge. FULL-TIME: Atletico Madrid 2-2 Eibar.
Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Cadec007(m): 8:03pm On May 20, 2018
Godwindanielboy, pls pal ive got a favour to ask i wont be regular for some days to come, pls i implore u to keep the thread going as the CEO of the fans club........and pls incase i am wanted*which i doubt* pls do well to tell them *esp those from literature* i wont be available 4 a short period.
There is food in the freezer that would last till my return and also i ordered and stored 700 crates of vodka, gin and assorted wines. I also dropped my credit card incase they are insufficient, you are the boss pal. *salutes* and dnt allow donstan18 and his troops spoil u oo *winks* *enters Ford Mustang and zooms off*
Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 8:45pm On May 20, 2018
Cadec007:
It may not have been the result
Atletico Madrid and Fernando
Torres wanted, but two goals in
his farewell and a second-place
finish should be enough to make
everyone at the Wanda
Metropolitano smile. It was a
hotly contested match despite a
slight lack of meaning – with
neither side backing down from
a challenge.
FULL-TIME: Atletico Madrid 2-2
Eibar.
Second place and winning UEL. A good way to finish the season. We want the league next season.
Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 20, 2018
Cadec007:
Godwindanielboy, pls pal ive got a favour to ask i wont be regular for some days to come, pls i implore u to keep the thread going as the CEO of the fans club........and pls incase i am wanted*which i doubt* pls do well to tell them *esp those from literature* i wont be available 4 a short period.
There is food in the freezer that would last till my return and also i ordered and stored 700 crates of vodka, gin and assorted wines. I also dropped my credit card incase they are insufficient, you are the boss pal. *salutes* and dnt allow donstan18 and his troops spoil u oo *winks* *enters Ford Mustang and zooms off*
i will try best. Thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 20, 2018
Nigeria vs Atletico Madrid; What should we expect Atletico Madrid will be heading to the shores of Nigeria for the first time to lock horns with a select Super Eagles squad at the Godswill Akpabio Stadium on Tuesday evening. Due to the ongoing preparations for the 2018 Fifa World Cup, both teams are expected to field fringe players, but while the game is a friendly -- the first of its kind in Nigeria -- don't be surprised to see both teams set out to make a statement.
Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 20, 2018
It’s yet to be seen how both sides will line up in Uyo, but from the released Nigeria squad list, a bulk of Nigeria Professional Football League players are expected to take to the field, while a few foreign-based players who impressed in their respective leagues will also see some action. Some of these players are on the stand-by list for the World Cup, so may be particularly keen to make an impression, while others will be determined to prove that Gernot Rohr was wrong to snub them for Russia. Atletico Madrid are obviously the more superior side, but they're set to feature several fringe players as well, so the Super Eagles will fancy their chances of taking a giant scalp.
Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 20, 2018
Expect the Rojiblancos to include several players not participating in the World Cup, so the likes of Jan Oblak, Angel Correa, Ghana's Thomas Partey, Kevin Gameiro and Fernando Torres could be around. Despite having an abundance of talent, Atleti aren't the most attacking unit under Diego Simeone's watch. They are usually conservative in their approach, often looking for chances on the counter while remaining solid at the back, and while this has made them a tough nut to crack, their games don't typically produce many goals. It's worth noting that they're only the eighth highest scorers in La Liga this term. The same approach could well be used here, and the Super Eagles will need to be on their guard if they are to find a way through Atleti's defence and make a statement. If chances go begging against the Spanish side, it could prove very costly, as Arsenal demonstrated in their Europa League semi- final. The Gunners had a flurry of chances over the two legs, but Simeone’s charges held their nerve and ultimately secured the cup after defeating Olympique de Marseille. This means the Eagles need to be very sharp and take their chances, otherwise they could regret it. One worry for Nigeria will be in midfield. The main team isn’t the strongest when in possession neither is the second side made up of home-based players. View image on Twitter
Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 20, 2018
It’s not that Atletico are also strongest when in possession either
due to their rigid style of play, however, they know how to
pounce when any side fails to get their passes right.
The Nigerian backline looks set to have an entire NPFL cast, but
they’ll need to put in the game of their lives in this exhibition
match, as any slim error could see their Spanish opponents
capitalise.
What’s more is that the Madrid-based club are very potent at set-
pieces and will look to take the advantage at free kicks and
corners.
Nigeria will need to be well drilled to keep Simeone's side at bay.
The goalkeeping department for Nigeria is an all-NPFL affair, with
Enugu Rangers’ Olufemi Thomas, Lobi Stars’ Olufemi Kayode and
Akwa United’s Olorunleke Ojo the contenders to man the sticks.
Each of them have done well, especially Kayode – who has played
a key role in keeping Lobi Stars at the top of the current NPFL
standings.
Rohr is still not certain of his first-choice goalkeeper as the
aftermath of Carl Ikeme's leukaemia diagnosis continues, and each
of the three will be desperate to impress the German boss.http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/nigeria-vs-atletico-madrid-what-should-we-expect/dme7da8e7p8d1pkljw80y6so6
Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 20, 2018
popizaino
(m), foladj(m), Successnoah(m),
Miremoses1(m), afrodoc(m),
Bluecurtain, rayornb(m), postdigger(m),
shypo(m), tosinet(m), sheettle(m),
Wizywiz(m),
Fresia01(f), eph12 Unlimited22,
Kamelot77,oyatake200, Geestunnar(m),
tjay0584(m),usbcable, Nihilstjnr, EarthXmetahuman, MRTA7,
skimpledawg, Tval(m),
chic2pimp(m), Kendzyma,
Greatihex(m), airmark(m),
postdigger(m), pamcode(m),
elrony, Chelseafan1, dhebo diggz Debroslink Lensben Oasis007 Lana1 Who is better in De gea and Oblak? 99% will say De gea, but can someone convince me that de gea is better. If Oblak is playing for utd, won't he be better than De gea.

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by IamD18: 10:12pm On May 20, 2018
Cadec007:
.........and he made me check it on sunday! I even thought the dp was atletico madrids flag *laughs*

She changed it
Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Unlimited22: 10:13pm On May 20, 2018
Wow, this is beautiful

2 Likes

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 20, 2018
Unlimited22:
Wow, this is beautiful
What is beautiful?

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Unlimited22: 10:21pm On May 20, 2018
Godwindanielboy:
What is beautiful?
A thread like this. It's not usual. The peculiarity us refreshing.

2 Likes

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 20, 2018
Unlimited22:

A thread like this. It's not usual. The peculiarity us refreshing.
Na Cadec007 do the work. Lest i forget, who do you think is better De gea or Oblak? Give me tangible reasons.

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 20, 2018
Atletico Madrid want Leicester star Jamie Vardy
Leicester have reportedly opened talks with Vardy over a new deal
with two years left on his existing contract.
The Foxes will be reluctant to allow the 31-year-old to leave after
he hit 20 goals in the Premier League last term, earning him in
England's World Cup squad.
But the Mirror say that Simeone has been impressed by Vardy
and wants to bring the striker to Spain this summer.
The Atleti boss is keen to bolster his attacking options for next
season with Antoine Griezmann looking increasingly likely to join
Barcelona.
Simeone supposedly believes the England international can form a
strong partnership with Diego Costa up front. https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/704081/Atletico-Madrid-Leicester-star-Jamie-Vardy-Antoine-Griezmann-Premier-League-transfer-news?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-star-football+%28Daily+Star+%3A%3A+Football+Feed%29 What do you think, Can Vardy replace Griezmann and Griezmann absence will not be felt?

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 20, 2018
Godwindanielboy:
Atletico Madrid want Leicester star Jamie Vardy
Leicester have reportedly opened talks with Vardy over a new deal
with two years left on his existing contract.
The Foxes will be reluctant to allow the 31-year-old to leave after
he hit 20 goals in the Premier League last term, earning him in
England's World Cup squad.
But the Mirror say that Simeone has been impressed by Vardy
and wants to bring the striker to Spain this summer.
The Atleti boss is keen to bolster his attacking options for next
season with Antoine Griezmann looking increasingly likely to join
Barcelona.
Simeone supposedly believes the England international can form a
strong partnership with Diego Costa up front. https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/704081/Atletico-Madrid-Leicester-star-Jamie-Vardy-Antoine-Griezmann-Premier-League-transfer-news?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-star-football+%28Daily+Star+%3A%3A+Football+Feed%29 What do you think, Can Vardy replace Griezmann and Griezmann absence will not be felt?
popizaino
Wizywiz(m),
skimpledawg, Tval(m),
chic2pimp(m), Kendzyma,
elrony, Chelseafan1, dhebo diggz Debroslink Lensben Oasis007
Lana1

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 11:53pm On May 20, 2018
Unlimited22, expecting your comments.

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 7:25am On May 21, 2018
Diego Godin was forced to intervene and encourage Atletico Madrid supporters to applaud Antoine Griezmann, after a section of the fans greeted the French forward with whistles. This uneasy atmosphere between the Estadio Wanda Metropolitano and a forward who scored two goals in the Europa League final on Wednesday has come about as a result of the continued transfer links with Barcelona. At present, it's unclear just where the 27-year-old will play his football in the 2018/19 season and it's understood that he hasn't quite made a final decision. Griezmann was introduced from the bench in Los Colchoneros' 2-2 draw with Eibar, however, his arrival on the pitch wasn't met with widespread positivity. Both Gabi and Fernando Torres made gestures towards the home support to encourage them to change their tone, yet it was only when the Uruguayan defender, who moved from the bench to the south stand to ask that the whistling was stopped. It was at this moment that the fans took note of the defender's wishes and in unison began to cheer for the former Real Sociedad forward and chant his name, just as they had done in Lyon on Wednesday.

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 7:33am On May 21, 2018
Godwindanielboy:
Diego Godin was forced to intervene and encourage Atletico
Madrid supporters to applaud Antoine Griezmann, after a section
of the fans greeted the French forward with whistles.
This uneasy atmosphere between the Estadio Wanda
Metropolitano and a forward who scored two goals in the Europa
League final on Wednesday has come about as a result of the
continued transfer links with Barcelona.
At present, it's unclear just where the 27-year-old will play his
football in the 2018/19 season and it's understood that he hasn't
quite made a final decision.
Griezmann was introduced from the bench in Los Colchoneros'
2-2 draw with Eibar, however, his arrival on the pitch wasn't met
with widespread positivity.
Both Gabi and Fernando Torres made gestures towards the home
support to encourage them to change their tone, yet it was only
when the Uruguayan defender, who moved from the bench to
the south stand to ask that the whistling was stopped.
It was at this moment that the fans took note of the defender's
wishes and in unison began to cheer for the former Real Sociedad
forward and chant his name, just as they had done in Lyon on
Wednesday.
popizaino
Wizywiz(m),
skimpledawg, Tval(m),
chic2pimp(m), Kendzyma,
Lana1 Do you think the atleti fans were right to whistle griezmann? Expecting a reply. Lighten up the thread plssssss?

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 7:49am On May 21, 2018
Messi: I like Griezmann, he's one of the best
Antoine Griezmann is linked with a switch to Barcelona and Lionel
Messi lauded the Atletico Madrid forward.
Lionel Messi praised Antoine Griezmann as "one of the best" amid
reports linking the Atletico Madrid forward with Barcelona.
Griezmann is widely linked with a switch to the LaLiga champions
in the close-season after another prolific campaign for Atletico.
Messi talked up the France international as one of the world's best
and he would seemingly be happy to have the 27-year-old at
Camp Nou.
"It's obvious that I like him. He's one of the best right now," the
Argentina star told RAC1.
"I don't know if there's anything with him or not, but we're
delighted that the best come and Griezmann is one of them."
Messi was speaking after Barcelona's 1-0 win over Real Sociedad in
the great Andres Iniesta's last game for the club.
https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/messi-i-griezmann-hes-one-best

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Miremoses1(m): 4:38pm On May 21, 2018
Godwindanielboy:
popizaino
Wizywiz(m),
skimpledawg, Tval(m),
chic2pimp(m), Kendzyma,
Lana1 Do you think the atleti fans were right to whistle griezmann? Expecting a reply. Lighten up the thread plssssss?
I'm here. I watched the match you guys played against eibar yesterday. The fans were to harsh on griezman. Godin even went to the stands to tell the fans that griezman has made up his mind that his staying put in atletico.

But with that whistles, I don't really think he will stay. Maybe/maybe not.

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 21, 2018
Atletico Squad to face Nigeria Named - Fernando José Torres will play his last game for Atletico Madrid against Super Eagles on Tuesday, May 22 - Nigeria will host Atletico Madrid who are the current Europa League champions in a friendly match in Uyo - The 20 man Atletico Madrid squad are expected anytime from now to arrive Nigeria ahead of the big game Spanish giants Atletico Madrid have announced a 20-man squad that will face the Super Eagles of Nigeria in a friendly match that will be played in Uyo on Tuesday, May 22. Former Liverpool star Fernando Torres is expected to lead Atletico Madrid's attack against the Super Eagles in what will be his last game for the club. Torres scored both goals for Atletico Madrid in their last game of the La Liga season which ended in a 2-2 draw against Eibar. The Friendly match will be played at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium, Uyo.GOALKEEPERS - Jan Oblak, Axel Werner DEFENDERS – JuanFran, Sergio Gonzalez, Francisco Montero, Rafael Munoz, Andres Solano MIDFIELDERS – Gabi Fernandez ©, Angel Correa, Victor ‘Vitolo’ Perez, Thomas Partey, Roberto Olabe, Juan Aguero Nunez, Antonio Moya, Mikel Carro, Joaqiun Munoz, Jot STRIKERS – Fernando Torres, Kevin Gameiro, Borja Garces. Players like Antoine Griezmann and Diego Costa who helped the club to win the 2017/18 Europa League title will not face the Super Eagles in Uyo. Miremoses1 who do you think will win Nigeria or Atletico?

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 21, 2018
Miremoses1:
I'm here. I watched the match you guys played against eibar yesterday. The fans were to harsh on griezman. Godin even went to the stands to tell the fans that griezman has made up his mind that his staying put in atletico.

But with that whistles, I don't really think he will stay. Maybe/maybe not.
It will take serious convincing for him to stay but if he doesn't, do you think vardy can replace him if he is signed as a replacement.

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Miremoses1(m): 7:48pm On May 21, 2018
Godwindanielboy:
It will take serious convincing for him to stay but if he doesn't, do you think vardy can replace him if he is signed as a replacement.
vardy is a striker not a winger. Getting a replacement for griezman will be difficult for you guys. I heard dybala is on radar?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

West Ham Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 28th December 2014 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona - Copa Del Rey (1 - 1) On 30th January 2013 / Marseille Vs Arsenal - UCL (1 - 2) On 18th September 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.