Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,417 members, 7,800,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! (13129 Views)

Man United Will Finish The Season Trophyless After Losing To Sevilla In The UEL / UEL Group Stage Draw: Arsenal Vs Frankfurt, Man Utd Face Astana / Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid: UEFA Super Cup (2 - 4) On 15th August 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 7:26am On May 22, 2018
Miremoses1:
vardy is a striker not a winger. Getting a replacement for griezman will be difficult for you guys. I heard dybala is on radar?
Yeah Yeah true bro, that means vardy will be replacing outgoing torres and dybala replaces griezmann, that will be a very good deal. So who do you fancy , Nigeria or Atletico today at 6pm. Expecting a reply.

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 7:34am On May 22, 2018
Atletico jeers push Griezmann towards Barcelona
The rough reception Antoine Griezmann endured at the hands of
Atletico Madrid fans have pushed him closer to the exit, claims
Marca.
Griezmann has long been linked with a move to Barcelona, but
reportedly told Atletico that he was willing to stay another season.
But the boos and whistles he heard at the Wanda Metropolitana
left him in tears, and he is now reconsidering his future at the
club. Source: Goal.com Rate Griezmann chance of leaving Atletico out of 10. Miremoses1

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 22, 2018
Antoine Griezmann came on in the second half at the Wanda
Metropolitano on the last day of the season. He was booed by a
small section of fans as he entered Atlético Madrid’s 2-2 draw
with Eibar, and he was visibly upset with what he heard.

Movistar+ program El Dia Despues in Spain, however, put
together a video showing Diego Godín speaking with Diego
Simeone before the former made his way to the fans —
reportedly, to explain that Griezmann is staying at Atlético and to
encourage him instead of jeering him.
We’re not expert lip-readers, but said jeers turned to cheers
almost immediately. This was in advance of a Marca report on
Monday afternoon — which stated Griezmann had informed
Atlético of his decision to stay. All parties are said to have wanted
it kept under wraps, as Sunday’s match was dedicated to the
definitively outgoing Fernando Torres.
Marca’s report from the prominent Alberto Barbero went on to
say there is a fear that the whistles could feasibly force Griezmann
into changing his mind.
Who really knows?
Do you think Griezmann will change his mind?

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 22, 2018
Godwindanielboy:
Atletico jeers push Griezmann towards Barcelona
The rough reception Antoine Griezmann endured at the hands of
Atletico Madrid fans have pushed him closer to the exit, claims
Marca.
Griezmann has long been linked with a move to Barcelona, but
reportedly told Atletico that he was willing to stay another season.
But the boos and whistles he heard at the Wanda Metropolitana
left him in tears, and he is now reconsidering his future at the
club. Source: Goal.com Rate Griezmann chance of leaving Atletico out of 10. Miremoses1
popizaino
(m), foladj(m), Successnoah(m),
Miremoses1(m), afrodoc(m),
Bluecurtain, rayornb(m), postdigger(m),
shypo(m), tosinet(m), sheettle(m),
Wizywiz(m),
Fresia01(f), eph12 Unlimited22,
Kamelot77,oyatake200, Geestunnar(m),
tjay0584(m),usbcable, Nihilstjnr, EarthXmetahuman, MRTA7,
skimpledawg, Tval(m),
chic2pimp(m), Kendzyma,
Greatihex(m), airmark(m),
postdigger(m), pamcode(m),
elrony, Chelseafan1, dhebo diggz Debroslink Lensben Oasis007
Lana1 Expecting a reply. Thanks and God bless. Plssss.

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 22, 2018
Godwindanielboy:
Antoine Griezmann came on in the second half at the Wanda
Metropolitano on the last day of the season. He was booed by a
small section of fans as he entered Atlético Madrid’s 2-2 draw
with Eibar, and he was visibly upset with what he heard.

Movistar+ program El Dia Despues in Spain, however, put
together a video showing Diego Godín speaking with Diego
Simeone before the former made his way to the fans —
reportedly, to explain that Griezmann is staying at Atlético and to
encourage him instead of jeering him.
We’re not expert lip-readers, but said jeers turned to cheers
almost immediately. This was in advance of a Marca report on
Monday afternoon — which stated Griezmann had informed
Atlético of his decision to stay. All parties are said to have wanted
it kept under wraps, as Sunday’s match was dedicated to the
definitively outgoing Fernando Torres.
Marca’s report from the prominent Alberto Barbero went on to
say there is a fear that the whistles could feasibly force Griezmann
into changing his mind.
Who really knows?
Do you think Griezmann will change his mind?
popizaino
Wizywiz(m),
skimpledawg, Tval(m),
chic2pimp(m), Kendzyma,
Lana1 Valued guest, I am expecting a reply.

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by popizaino(m): 2:53pm On May 22, 2018
Godwindanielboy:
popizaino
Wizywiz(m),
skimpledawg, Tval(m),7
chic2pimp(m), Kendzyma,
Lana1 Do you think the atleti fans were right to whistle griezmann? Expecting a reply. Lighten up the thread plssssss?
I didnt watch the game though but that was surely a bad one coming from Los Rojiblancos fans to a player who gave his all playing for them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 22, 2018
HALFTIME Super Eagles 1-1 Atletico Madrid

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 22, 2018
Goooooaaaaal for Torres. Torres put Atletico at the front. Super Eagles 1 - 2 Atletico Madrid

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 22, 2018
GOALLL Super Eagles level USMAN with a sweet goal!!! Super Eagles 2 - 2 Atletico Madrid

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 22, 2018
Godwindanielboy:
popizaino
Wizywiz(m),
skimpledawg, Tval(m),
chic2pimp(m), Kendzyma,
Lana1
GOAL…Graces smash in the ball to restore Atletico Madrid’s lead. Super Eagles 2 - 3 Atletico Madrid. Atletico doing a good job to closr down the super eagles. What do you think?

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 22, 2018
Full Time: Super Eagles 2-3 Atletico Madrid

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Unlimited22: 8:02pm On May 22, 2018
Godwindanielboy:
Full Time: Super Eagles 2-3 Atletico Madrid
So your team won cool

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 22, 2018
popizaino:
I didnt watch the game though but that was surely a bad one coming from Los Rojiblancos fans to a player who gave his all playing for them.
Surely, it was a very bad gesture by Atleti fans, this is likely to make Griezmann to want to leave. I hope he stays. What do you think about The game; Nigeria 2 - 3 Atletico Madrid.

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 22, 2018
Unlimited22:

So your team won cool
Sure, the game was intense, the Super eagles tried but the experienced and better team won. We are Rojiblancos!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Unlimited22: 8:10pm On May 22, 2018
Godwindanielboy:
Sure, the game was intense, the Super eagles tried but the experienced and better team won. We are Rojiblancos!!!
Super eagles team B wink

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 22, 2018
popizaino
Wizywiz(m),
skimpledawg, Tval(m),
chic2pimp(m), Kendzyma,
elrony, Chelseafan1, dhebo diggz Debroslink Lensben
Oasis007
Lana1 What do you think about the game; Super Eagles 2 - 3 Atletico Madrid. Nwakali scored and was leveled by Angel correa before the half time. The second half began and Torres scored before Usman equalise for The Super Eagles. Finally Graces scored the final game of the tie giving the Rojiblancos the win!!! Thoughts

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Unlimited22: 8:13pm On May 22, 2018
Godwindanielboy:
popizaino
Wizywiz(m),
skimpledawg, Tval(m),
chic2pimp(m), Kendzyma,
Oasis007
Lana1 What do you think about the game; Super Eagles 2 - 3 Atletico Madrid. Nwakali scored and was leveled by Angel correa before the half time. The second half began and Torres scored before Usman equalise for The Super Eagles. Finally Graces scored the final game of the tie giving the Rojiblancos the win!!! Thoughts
I just saw the highlight reel because I didn't catch the game. However, I think experience won out in the end.

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 22, 2018
Unlimited22:

Super eagles team B wink
Yeah i know it's the super eagles team B. They gave their best, Atletico would still win even it is the First team. Remember Grizou and Costa were also absent.

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 22, 2018
Unlimited22:

I just saw the highlight reel because I didn't catch the game. However, I think experience won out in the end.
Correct bro, what is your thoughts. Do you think Griezmann will remain at Atletico this summer.

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Unlimited22: 8:21pm On May 22, 2018
Godwindanielboy:
Correct bro, what is your thoughts. Do you think Griezmann will remain at Atletico this summer.
I sincerely doubt it. Griezy, no disrespect intended, has outgrown Atlético.
Except the purse strings will be loosened massively to compete with the two usual suspects, he's gonna leave.

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 22, 2018
Unlimited22:

I sincerely doubt it. Griezy, no disrespect intended, has outgrown Atlético.
Except the purse strings will be loosened massively to compete with the two usual suspects, he's gonna leave.
Griezmann leaving will be a great loss, who do you think will replace him? I fancy dybala, your thoughts?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Unlimited22: 8:28pm On May 22, 2018
Godwindanielboy:
Griezmann leaving will be a great loss, who do you think will replace him? I fancy dybala, your thoughts?
Dybala might be overreaching a bit.
Getting Carrasco back??

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 22, 2018
Unlimited22:

Dybala might be overreaching a bit.
Getting Carrasco back??
Selling Carrasco was not right at all. I doubt if he will want to return to Atleti. I hope Griezmann will be replaced with a world class player. What of the outgoing Torres, Who do you think will replace him? For me, i would sign up for Vardy. Your thoughts pls?

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 22, 2018
Godwindanielboy:
Selling Carrasco was not right at all. I doubt if he will want to return to Atleti. I hope Griezmann will be replaced with a world class player. What of the outgoing Torres, Who do you think will replace him? For me, i would sign up for Vardy. Your thoughts pls?
Geestunnar, pamcode what do you have to say?

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 22, 2018
Atletico Madrid midfielder Thomas Partey admitted that the Los
Rojiblancos respected their opponents and needed their wealth of
experience to defeat the Super Eagles B team 3-2 in Tuesday’s
GOTV Max Cup friendly at the Godswill Akpabio Stadium, Uyo,
reports
Partey who had a torrid time curtailing Kelechi Nwakali and his
elder brother Chidebere revealed that the watchword of Atletico of
not underrating any opponents helped them secure the victory
over the Nigerian team.
“It was a very good game and their fans were behind them which
made them grow well into the game,” the Ghana international said
during his post-match interview.
“We did the right thing and we were able to get the victory. They
are a good side.
“We have a philosophy of not underrating any team which helped
us tonight.”
Nwakali Jnr gave the Super Eagles B team the lead in the 31st
minute but Angel Correa restored parity for the newly crowned
UEFA Europa League champions a minute later.
Substitute Fernando Torres made it 2-1 for Atletico Madrid,
heading in a corner in the 64th minute before Usman Mohammed
levelled scores for the Nigerian side after showing amazing skills in
the box.
Borja Baston sealed the win for Atletico Madrid five minutes from
time, firing in off a defence-splitting pass.https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/partey-atletico-madrid-never-underrated-tough-super-eagles-team/

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 24, 2018
Rodri completes Atletico Madrid move from VillarrealIt is a transfer that has been on the cards for several months, but
the 21-year-old is finally heading home to the Spanish capital on a
five-year deal.

Atletico Madrid have completed a move for Villarreal midfielder
Rodri on a five-year deal.
The Europa League winners confirmed the signing of the 21-year-
old on Thursday following prolonged speculation
Rodri will officially join Diego Simeone's side on July 1, having
made 47 appearances for Villarreal in the 2017-18 campaign.

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 24, 2018
He also made his Spain debut, featuring in the 1-1 draw against
Germany in March.
The former Atletico youth talent plays as a holding midfielder and
won the European Under-19 Championship with Spain in 2015.
Rodri is returning to his roots in the Spanish capital as a player
being tipped to achieve big things.
Those he is leaving behind at Villarreal are, however, of the
opinion that he is moving on "too soon".
Club president Fernando Roig told reporters in the wake of a deal
first being announced: "He is leaving too soon.
"The player has already announced that he is leaving, with a sense
of regret and sorrow that he is doing so, and I would have liked
him stay with us for many more years but it wasn’t to be."
Roig added on dealings with Atletico: "We have come to the best
arrangement possible for all three parties, with a club that talk a lot
but don't back that up with their actions. But that’s the way life is
and that’s the way football is, so we’ll accept the situation
sportingly and that’s that."
http://www.goal.com/en/news/rodri-completes-atletico-madrid-move-from-villarreal/1a2ynt3cxaei11a8ghgmmurmcw

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 24, 2018
These are five things Atletico manager Simeone said after the game on Tuesday. Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone had some things to say after his side beat Nigeria 3-2 » in a friendly game played on Tuesday, May 22 at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium in Uyo. Simeone didn’t take it as a friendly it was, he was his usual animated self on the touchline and remain passionate during the post-match conference. Aided by former Super Eagles and Barcelona defender Gbenga Okunowo, these are five things the Atletico manager said at the press conference monitored by Pulse Sports. 1. Win every game Simeone was asked why he was so unsettled on the touchline despite the game being just a friendly game, the Atletico manager said he and his team want to win every game. “We don’t like to lose, we play every game the same, the most important thing is to win no matter the game,” Simeone said at the press briefing after the game. 2. He doesn’t remember the Beckham France 98 incident Simeone was pushed to remember the infamous incident with David Beckham which led to the sending off of the Englishman in a quarter-final game of the 1998 FIFA World Cup in France. “I don’t think of what happened 20 years ago, I can’t remember,” Simeone said through the interpreter. 3. Super Eagles side were ‘good’ Simeone was impressed with how the Super Eagles of Nigeria played. “They tried, they made us work hard,” he said. 4. Nigeria can’t stop Messi at the World Cup The Super Eagles of Nigeria have been drawn with Argentina » in Group D of the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia and Simeone who is also an Argentine was asked about how to stop his fellow countryman Lionel Messi. As coach of Atletico Madrid, Simeone has been on the end of Messi’s magic and the 48-year-old believes no one can stop the Barcelona star. “Lionel Messi is a special player. He’s difficult to stop if he’s in good shape and he wants to win the World Cup before retiring so I don’t see any of the teams stopping him. But good luck to all the teams going to the World Cup,” Simeone said. 5. Nigerians can play anywhere even in Spain Simeone was also asked if some of the Nigerian players his team faced have what it takes to go play in his team or La Liga. “The Nigerian players have good talent. they can go to any country,” he said.

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 24, 2018
These are five things Atletico manager Simeone said after the game on Tuesday. Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone had some things to say after his side beat Nigeria 3-2 » in a friendly game played on Tuesday, May 22 at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium in Uyo. Simeone didn’t take it as a friendly it was, he was his usual animated self on the touchline and remain passionate during the post-match conference. Aided by former Super Eagles and Barcelona defender Gbenga Okunowo, these are five things the Atletico manager said at the press conference monitored by Pulse Sports. 1. Win every game Simeone was asked why he was so unsettled on the touchline despite the game being just a friendly game, the Atletico manager said he and his team want to win every game. “We don’t like to lose, we play every game the same, the most important thing is to win no matter the game,” Simeone said at the press briefing after the game. 2. He doesn’t remember the Beckham France 98 incident Simeone was pushed to remember the infamous incident with David Beckham which led to the sending off of the Englishman in a quarter-final game of the 1998 FIFA World Cup in France. “I don’t think of what happened 20 years ago, I can’t remember,” Simeone said through the interpreter. 3. Super Eagles side were ‘good’ Simeone was impressed with how the Super Eagles of Nigeria played. “They tried, they made us work hard,” he said. 4. Nigeria can’t stop Messi at the World Cup The Super Eagles of Nigeria have been drawn with Argentina » in Group D of the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia and Simeone who is also an Argentine was asked about how to stop his fellow countryman Lionel Messi. As coach of Atletico Madrid, Simeone has been on the end of Messi’s magic and the 48-year-old believes no one can stop the Barcelona star. “Lionel Messi is a special player. He’s difficult to stop if he’s in good shape and he wants to win the World Cup before retiring so I don’t see any of the teams stopping him. But good luck to all the teams going to the World Cup,” Simeone said. 5. Nigerians can play anywhere even in Spain Simeone was also asked if some of the Nigerian players his team faced have what it takes to go play in his team or La Liga. “The Nigerian players have good talent. they can go to any country,” he said.

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 24, 2018
17.30 BST: The queue of clubs interested in Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata, who continues to be linked with an exit from Stamford Bridge after a single disappointing season, continues to grow. TalkSPORT cites Italian outlet Tuttosport as reporting that Atletico Madrid would like the former Real Madrid striker to replace Antoine Griezmann, with Juventus also intrigued with bringing the player back to Turin, where he spent two seasons on loan.

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 24, 2018
popizaino
Wizywiz(m),
skimpledawg, Tval(m),
chic2pimp(m), Kendzyma,
Oasis007
Lana1 Atletico Madrid is linked with Morata as a replacement for Griezmann, if he leaves. What do you think? Will Morata be good replacement, will re-ignite his form if he joins Atletico? Expecting a reply. Pls do me a favour by commenting. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Club Atletico Dè Madrid (Rojiblancos): 2018 UEL Champions! by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 24, 2018
Atletico Madrid are offering Antoine Griezmann €10 million more per season than Barcelona in a bid to keep the Frenchman in the Spanish capital. According to the Daily Mail, Barca remain confident of completing a deal for Griezmann, but there is now a chance that he could change his mind.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Norwich City Relegated From Premier League! / FA Cup: Southampton Vs Chelsea (1 - 5) On 5th January 2013 / FA Cup: Man City Vs Man United (2 - 3) On 8th January 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.