Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) (28614 Views)

PDP Presidential Primaries: Live Pictures From Port Harcourt / Osun 2018 APC Governorship Rally: Oyetola, Tinubu, Osinbajo, Akeredolu Spotted / EKITI 2018: APC Rescheduled Governorship Primary Election (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by Holuwakenny: 4:39pm On May 05, 2018
What I love most about Fayose is that he always open ways for the next person to come. He was the first person to start dual road etc
Criticize001:
Let me grab my popcorn and be reading comments of people who neither vote nor live in Ekiti State.

We in Ekiti knows what we're going for.

I pray Fayemi wins this primary so we can prove to the world that there's nothing like photocromic in 2014.

And to y'all arguing about PDP achievement in Ekiti, travel from Akure (Ondo) which is APC state to Ado and see the difference.
After a smooth ride in Ikere, you will enjoy a very terrific journey to Akure.

Visit Fajuyi and you'll hail Fayose. He doesn't make much noise about his achievement.

All he makes noise about is against APC which you Buhari asslickers don't like

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by kolexy(m): 4:50pm On May 05, 2018
deboysben:
Segun oni is winning this one. Like for man of the people

Honestly he's the best candidate

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by GoggleB(m): 4:52pm On May 05, 2018
Ado, Ekiti East and Moba LGAs delegates votes concluded
Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by GoggleB(m): 4:53pm On May 05, 2018
Efon Delegates voting.
Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by ubongokon(m): 4:54pm On May 05, 2018
naijaceo:
Many of you are not from Ekiti State and most have never been to Ekiti sef... I'm from Ekiti and I can say that only few aspirants can give Fayose some little wahala (people like Segun Oni) and that doesn't guarantee that he will even win.

If Fayemi wins today, that's the end for APC in Ekiti.

I like Segun Oni and I will surely vote him if he wins but if he doesn't, I'm sorry, I will vote Fayose (not Eleka) but it's gonna be PDP!
wat makes u think so? Is it because he shares rice @ oja oba?
His candidate will loose

1 Like

Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by engineerboat(m): 4:58pm On May 05, 2018
Free for all fight already.
Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by engineerboat(m): 5:00pm On May 05, 2018
Police surrounding the ballot boxes.

Voting on hold
Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by jarkata(m): 5:01pm On May 05, 2018
Holuwakenny:
What I love most about Fayose is that he always open ways for the next person to come. He was the first person to start dual road etc
wot is d difference u r talking about, fly over is more necessary in a plače where they usually experience grid lock or holdup. Just travel to ifaki, iyin, efon alaaye, ilupeju, use, ire and try follow from Odo ado adoekiti to ijan ekiti, no presence of govt in all these area. Fayose should have learnt his lesson from iroko by owning d salaries and pensions of workers and u expect ppl to vote pdp. Ekiti state has one of d highest no of unemployed graduate. Most of them depend on okada riding as Source of their lively hood. All of dem are d same segun oni, fayemi, fayose they just dey deceive poor masses.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 05, 2018
engineerboat:
Police surrounding the ballot boxes.

Voting on hold

Why? is there any perceived crisis?
Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by VivaFarm: 5:02pm On May 05, 2018
Whoever wins the APC primary isn't a concern here. All I know is that the current Federal power will ensure a free and fair election in Ekiti this year. Same as the type of free and fair election that brought in Fayose in 2014.

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 05, 2018
I learnt they are now shotting sporadically at the venue. Everywhere in disarray and people are running to hide their heads

Just got this from a delegate
Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by Debazent: 5:05pm On May 05, 2018
Omo ekiti kete....
Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 05, 2018
VivaFarm:
Whoever wins the APC primary isn't a concern here. All I know is that the current Federal power will ensure a free and fair election in Ekiti this year. Same as the type of free and fair election that brought in Fayose in 2014.

Lol, that type of free and fair election that collected power from Fayose will reciprocate itself...
Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by Debazent: 5:07pm On May 05, 2018
Omo ekiti kete....
Let the best candidate win
Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by yns4real: 5:08pm On May 05, 2018
How they stand: Two ex-governors, three former lawmakers — the strong contenders in Ekiti APC primary election

At the last count, 33 persons have shown interest in becoming the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the July governorship election in Ekiti state. Despite being an opposition party in the state, pundits believe APC stands a chance of winning the election if the party picks the “right candidate”.

The Oluyemi Kayode stadium in Ado-Ekiti, the state capital, venue of the primary election, is agog. On the eve of the primary, Tanko Al-Makura, governor of Nasarawa state, who is chairman of the electoral committee, assured all aspirants of a free and fair primary election.
“We will ensure all the aspirants get equal treatment, and it will be unfair for anybody to say the party already has a preferred candidate,” Al-Makura said.

TheCable gathered that a list containing names and contact details of all the delegates has been made available to all the aspirants— this to allow them reach out for canvassing.

In Ado-Ekiti, party members, some of them delegates from across the 16 local government areas, shared their thoughts on the popular candidates with TheCable.

BIMBO DARAMOLA

This politician is a former member of the house of representatives. During the 2014 governorship election in Ekiti, he served as director-general of the campaign organisation of Kayode Fayemi, the then governor who, eventually, lost to the PDP.

Over a year ago, Daramola made his intention known. He had met with a considerable number of socio-political groups in the state and many of his supporters are young people who see him as one from their generation.

“Daramola may have more votes as a governorship candidate, but it would be difficult for him to win the APC primary,” a party member from Ido-Osi local government area told TheCable.

Another party member from Ijero local government area described Daramola as a good candidate who, unfortunately, does not have the structure to win the primary.

“He did so well when he was in the national assembly. He is a politician who stands out among others, but his chances at the primary are not bright. He has public chances but not primary chances.”

Daramola is from Ekiti north senatorial district.

BABAFEMI OJUDU

Ojudu is currently an adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on political matters. He represented Ekiti central in the seventh national assembly. Ojudu boasts that he is the only politician who can defeat Ayodele Fayose, the incumbent governor, having done so in 2011 when the duo contested the Ekiti central senatorial seat.

“Any crowd you see behind Ojudu is rented,” a party member from Ilejemeje said.

“During his declaration, party members were financially mobilised. I don’t think he has good chances at the primary because most of those who came to support him during the declaration are not delegates.”

Another party member from Ado-Ekiti local government area described Ojudu as a “noisemaker” using media to get popular.
“I was one of his coordinators when he was senator. He didn’t do well and people may not want to trust him this time. In fact, to me, he is not really contesting; he is just trying to feel among.”

SEGUN ONI

In 2010, Oni was almost completing his tenure as Ekiti governor when the court ruled that the 2007 election that ushered him in was, actually, won by Fayemi.

Oni, 64, who was made governor on the platform of the PDP, defected to the then newly-formed APC in 2014 where he later became the south-west deputy national chairman. He did not immediately make his intention known, but the moment he joined the APC, many believed his long term goal is to return as the governor of the state.

“Segun Oni, I think stands a better chance,” a party member from Moba local government area told TheCable. “The popularity of a politician is measured by who your followers are. As regarding a primary election, the kinds of people who are your followers really matter. I can tell you that most of the party executives, who themselves are delegates, are supporting Oni.”
He explained that politicians who have held various positions are also behind Oni.

“Even those politicians, who worked with Fayemi (Ganiyu Owolabi for example) when he was governor, are supporting Oni. Former APC senators, house of representative members, state assembly members who are also delegate are supporting Oni. At his declaration rally, all of these guys were there.

“In my local government area, only five aspirants I know have delegates, and most of the delegates are for Oni.”

Another party member from Ikole-Ekiti local government area said those who really matter in a primary election are standing behind Oni.
“I won’t lie to you, Jide Awe, the state party chairman is standing behind Oni. Although as a party chairman, he acts as if he supports all, but we know who his preferred candidate is.”

He added that the former governor appears to be people’s favourite because of his seeming meekness and tolerance.
Oni is from Ekiti north senatorial district.

KAYODE FAYEMI

Fayemi currently serves as the minister of mines and steel development. He is a pro-democracy activist who fought military regimes until 2007 when he joined politics, launching his ‘collective rescue mission’ to become the governor of Ekiti state on the platform of the then Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN).

He lost to Oni, but seeking redress through the election tribunal, Fayemi was declared and sworn in governor in 2010.

Fayemi, seen as an elitist— during the 2014 electioneering— who wasn’t always around the masses, lost to Fayose in the polls.
Over the months, Fayemi did not provide a direct answer when asked if he had plans to contest the 2018 governorship election. But, it wasn’t much a surprise when the minister announced he would be running, just a month before the primary election.

“Well, Fayemi has the financial resources, but I doubt if he stands a better chance at the primary,” a delegate from Ijero local government area said.

“Fayemi will pull crowd at the primary,” another party member from Ikere local government area, said.

“He has issues with almost everyone in the party. Daramola who was his campaign DG in 2014 feels betrayed. We gathered that thrice Daramola went to Fayemi to inform and seek his support as a governorship candidate. Fayemi had given him a nod, saying he was not going to contest, but see what’s happening now.”

Another party member from Ado-Ekiti local government area believes if Fayemi loses in the primary, he would be rendered irrelevant politically, hence, the politician will put everything he has in use to ensure he wins.

“Imagine, Fayemi, one time governor and current minister fail a state primary election? That would be too heavy for him to deal with.”
Another member, however, told TheCable that if the APC presents Fayemi, the party is going to be defeated by the PDP.
“Now, if Fayemi emerges as APC candidate, what exactly are we going to be campaigning with? That Fayemi didn’t do well in his first outing, but he’s here seeking another chance to do well?”

For this party member from Emure local government area, Fayemi is a distraction for the APC.

“Some of us just think Fayemi has come to distract us. Most of the other aspirants have been working for over a year, and Fayemi just came a month ago. If he, eventually, wins the primary, I am afraid, the party may split.”
Fayemi is from Ekiti north senatorial district.

https://www.thecable.ng/how-they-stand-two-ex-governors-three-former-lawmakers-the-strong-contenders-in-ekiti-apc-primary-election

Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by engineerboat(m): 5:11pm On May 05, 2018
Neyoor:

Why? is there any perceived crisis?

Yes serious crisis loading
Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 05, 2018
engineerboat:

Yes serious crisis loading

The election is most likely to be suspended then. Learnt it was disrupted by "Bafem" camp
Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by abbeyty(m): 5:17pm On May 05, 2018
I think think process has been stopped due to some issues
Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by yns4real: 5:27pm On May 05, 2018
BREAKING: Violence breaks out at Ekiti APC primary, ballot boxes missing

The governorship primary election of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ekiti state has been marred by violence.
The exercise, which started hours behind schedule, had been going on smoothly until some agents protested that there were plots to manipulate the exercise.

Security personnel struggled with one of the persons carrying a ballot box and in the process the box fell while its content spilled to the ground.

Some aggrieved persons smashed boxes on the ground while policemen and operatives of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) managed to secure some boxes.

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-violence-breaks-ekiti-apc-primary-ballot-boxes-missing
Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by ipobarecriminals: 5:37pm On May 05, 2018
deboysben:
cool
deboysben:
segun oni DE. ......ire woke de

1 Like

Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by Perfectnumber6(m): 5:39pm On May 05, 2018
Nigeria would never get better with all these greedy politicians, and i see some people on here supporting these sets of politicians all the way, can you imagine former governors wanting to rule the state again, what did they forget in the government house? Then see former senators and house of reps members they are also vying for the seat to become a governor. Does this mean that there is no other credible and eligible person who have not held any political office before to at least be given a chance. I weep for this country called Nigeria where i came from. These are political greedy people. Most greedy person in this race is Fayemi. He's holding a position of a minister but just because he's not getting enough money to steal I won't use the word loot. Cos that would be a kind of respect to him. Because he's not getting enough money to steal from the ministry of mines and steel, he wants to become a governor again . Get your visas folks leave that shithole.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by engineerboat(m): 5:39pm On May 05, 2018
Neyoor:

The election is most likely to be suspended then. Learnt it was disrupted by "Bafem" camp

For now suspended.

Ballot boxes compromised .

Ballot paper number written down serially.

Ballot boxes smatches
Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by engineerboat(m): 5:39pm On May 05, 2018
Fayemi is been accused already.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by ipobarecriminals: 5:40pm On May 05, 2018
sad Kayode Fayemi is a useless /hopeless one . believe in SEGUN ON I.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by engineerboat(m): 5:40pm On May 05, 2018
Delegates are calling for member's to queue behind each candidate's for counting
Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by uba1991: 5:43pm On May 05, 2018
yns4real:
BREAKING: Violence breaks out at Ekiti APC primary, ballot boxes missing

The governorship primary election of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ekiti state has been marred by violence.
The exercise, which started hours behind schedule, had been going on smoothly until some agents protested that there were plots to manipulate the exercise.

Security personnel struggled with one of the persons carrying a ballot box and in the process the box fell while its content spilled to the ground.

Some aggrieved persons smashed boxes on the ground while policemen and operatives of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) managed to secure some boxes.

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-violence-breaks-ekiti-apc-primary-ballot-boxes-missing
Stop lieing everything is moving smoothly

1 Like

Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by engineerboat(m): 5:43pm On May 05, 2018
APC primary in disarray.

Member's are calling for delagates to queue behind each candidate's for counting.
Aside that no more primary.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by engineerboat(m): 5:44pm On May 05, 2018
uba1991:

Where.

In Abuja abi.

Ogbeni wa bi gba lo jare

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by yns4real: 5:46pm On May 05, 2018
uba1991:

Tanko Al-Makura, chairman of the committee organising the election, is currently in a meeting with some stakeholders. None of the aspirants was on seat as of the time this report was filed.

An aspirant was accused of conspiring with operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS) to ensure that the outcome favours him.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by tolexy007(m): 5:46pm On May 05, 2018
am with Hon.Bimbo Daramola

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by Adieza(m): 5:48pm On May 05, 2018
A whole Gbonyin Local govt don't have electricity in Ekiti for 4 years now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti 2018: APC Governorship Primaries (Live Updates) by Salvationboy(m): 5:51pm On May 05, 2018
Which way Nigeria, which way to go, a question still left unanswered after many years it was asked, formal governors this, formal governor that, and our youth are here fighting for them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Overtakes ISIS As World’s Deadliest Terror Organisation-IndependentUK / Reactions As Anambra Begins Demolition Of 'Shanties' In Onitsha (Photos) / Turkur Buratai Visits Obiano - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.