Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun (23336 Views)

Why Davido Has Never Been Nominated For A Grammy / 7 Nigerian Artistes That Have Better Lyrics Than Davido And Wizkid / 4 Dope Comeback Songs By Nigerian Artistes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by esaias1(m): 12:35pm On May 05, 2018
its not impossible, naija singers have to improve tho
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 05, 2018
grin
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by MhiztaRange(m): 12:36pm On May 05, 2018
Let's do our thing, Imagine a whole Davido, using small "Young Thug" pictures from his(Thug) videos to shoot his(Davido)? and Wizkid doing two videos without Drake showing for it?, there are some good musician tho' like my undisputed Eminem�

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by victrick105: 12:37pm On May 05, 2018
he just said the absolute truth...
but back to fact, some Africans like Angelina kujo have won the Grammy because they made good music, the true reason why no Nigerian artist has won the Grammy is because they sing trash... full stop.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by fashrola(m): 12:38pm On May 05, 2018
From that picture.. I now know where he coined "Headies" award
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by martineverest(m): 12:38pm On May 05, 2018
Navalsadiq:
But 2face deserves a grammy.but Mr CEO do not forget their music has made you who you are so you also do not deserve an international recognition
2face my ads....wetin him dey sing?
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by olamath(m): 12:38pm On May 05, 2018
How can we compete with them in what they taught us, enough of Western culture and see us soar. We should promote our indigenous music and love it, not lyrics like I sha pra pra and likes.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by martineverest(m): 12:39pm On May 05, 2018
Navalsadiq:
But 2face deserves a grammy.but Mr CEO do not forget their music has made you who you are so you also do not deserve an international recognition
2face my ass....wetin him dey sing?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by martineverest(m): 12:40pm On May 05, 2018
coken:
true talk only 2baba
u spoil ur comment by adding 2face....that dude is overrated abeg

demi kuti,as a and nneka are just the ones that are Grammy worthy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by Slimcase: 12:42pm On May 05, 2018
phranklyn92:
I concur... I mean who in his right senses would vote 'flora my flawa' to win a grammy grin
By the way
[s]Today is my birthday!!! Yay! Show me some love![/s]
cheesy wink

Who in their right senses would show you some love on a faceless forum because today is your birthday undecided

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by martineverest(m): 12:42pm On May 05, 2018
olamath:
How can we compete with them in what they taught us, enough of Western culture and see us soar. We should promote our indigenous music and love it, not lyrics like I sha pra pra and likes.
Angelique kidjo won't it last year and 4 times...she sings traditional music.

Hugh masekela,Soweto gospel,Miriam makemba are also traditional African musicians. ...femi kuti was also nominated four times

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by coken: 12:43pm On May 05, 2018
Did i hear 2face is overrated?thats the funniest thing have heard in a while
martineverest:
u spoil ur comment by adding 2face....that dude is overrated abeg

demi kuti,as a and nneka are just the ones that are Grammy worthy
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by onatisi(m): 12:45pm On May 05, 2018
Sezua:
STFU. The people you give headies to what are they singing?
If you read the article you will understand better what he said . Always take time to read,think before talking.
What the man is saying is right , Grammy was created by the Americans and it is their award ,they decided who they want to give their awards to, we Africans should also develop our own awards and leave the Americans to be doing their own thing

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by laydoh(m): 12:48pm On May 05, 2018
99% of naija music is trash. But simi and Adekunle Gold are among the 1% with good lyrics to go with. You can add those you know to the 1%.
Na everything be boobs,Pusey to the 99%. Broke artists flaunting with imaginary money wey their entire generation.. no fit touch.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by ndnuray(m): 12:50pm On May 05, 2018
Have read through, seen comments as well.but they only thing i can say is that, this dude is looking for sponsors. Be like say people no to sponsor the award this time around.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by martineverest(m): 12:51pm On May 05, 2018
onatisi:

If you read the article you will understand better what he said . Always take time to read,think before talking.
What the man is saying is right , Grammy was created by the Americans and it is their award ,they decided who they want to give their awards to, we Africans should also develop our own awards and leave the Americans to be doing their own thing
angelique kidjo,Miriam makemba, Soweto gospel choir,femi kuti etc are Americans abi?
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by Sagay212: 12:54pm On May 05, 2018
kpangolo music don't deserve no grammy. grammy is not headies. grammy is not for hungry unserious musicians who only know how to sing shaku shaku...grammy is for intelligent musicians.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 05, 2018
With the heading and the content of the post, the Op is a slow poke.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 05, 2018

The Grammy is not for substandard songs, the Grammy is not
for ponpon songs..
If any one deserve the Grammy, he will be given, whether
Americans or not..
People that are not American keep winning the Grammies every
year...
Adele is not from America..
There are Nine musicians from Africa that have won the
Grammies in the past..
For the fact that A Nigerian have not won it for years now means
we don't deserve it..
There is a Nigerian names kelvin olusola that won a Grammy in
the past..
The CEO is just trying to raise the bar for the headies.. The same headies that cheated kiss Daniel for the next rated
category years ago..
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by cocoboss(m): 12:59pm On May 05, 2018
happy Bleep day blood tongue tongue
phranklyn92:
I concur... I mean who in his right senses would vote 'flora my flawa' to win a grammy grin
By the way
Today is my birthday!!! Yay! Show me some love!
cheesy wink
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by ollah2: 1:04pm On May 05, 2018
themonk:
I don't think nigerian artists deserve a Grammy but it's for a different reason though. My reason being that their lyrics are utilmately garbage. Most with nice lyrics have bad songs and most with bad lyrics have good songs. Infact it seems like nigeria is a big market for garbage lyrics.

It's also worthy of note that there are people in the US whose lyrics are inferior and even though they are big stars they haven't won any Grammy because of that an example is rick ross and no star in nigeria has a single song with lyrics that touches any of rick ross' song. This shows you how inferior our music has come to be.

They only way a nigerian would deserve a Grammy award is if they go back to the era of Fela, Osadebe and other legendary artists with reasonable song whose art form are almost completely dead in nigeria.

You got somethings mixed up. Rick Ross not winning Grammy doesnt mean his lyrics aren't tight. Nas never won a Grammy but his lyrics are off the hook.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by olutop(m): 1:05pm On May 05, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Neither do the folks who buy your Headies award deserve it.

The Grammy isn't just for the Americans. You're wrong Ayo; it is for all deserving good musicians irrespective of clime or genre.

Nigerian artistes deserve the Grammy and even more if they merit it. Sadly, such folks don't even get nominated on your fake Headies.
Dont let us be lazy in this country, go through the guy's interview and tell me where he mention that Nigeria musicians dont deserve to win grammy, Journalist are just so stupid and wicked that they want to thrive in controversy by using wrong heading and making others look bad

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by olutop(m): 1:10pm On May 05, 2018
EmagNig:
HipTV CEO and the organizer of the popular Headies awards, Ayo Animashaun, has made a statement on the Grammy Awards and according to him, Nigerians artistes don't deserve to win the popular Award show in America.

In a recent interview with Tribune, when Ayo Animashaun was asked what is limiting Nigerian music from winning the Grammys, he said:

https://lailasnews.com/nigerian-artistes-dont-deserve-a-grammy-hiptv-ceo-ayo-animashaun/

EmagNig abbi what is your name, where in this interview does the CEO mentioned that Nigerian muscian does not deserve grammy, you just want to paint others black so you will be on front page, people will insinuate things that you did not mention or do for you 1 day you will know how it feels
And the Mod that use to ban people, post and move post to frontpage, is not doing well atall, how will this post with a contradicting heading be on frontpage....
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by Beedude(m): 1:11pm On May 05, 2018
Navalsadiq:
2face Ko, Black Face Ni
If Akon Was Nominated 5 Times And Won None. Who Is 2face?
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by Stallion93(m): 1:13pm On May 05, 2018
themonk:
I don't think nigerian artists deserve a Grammy but it's for a different reason though. My reason being that their lyrics are utilmately garbage. Most with nice lyrics have bad songs and most with bad lyrics have good songs. Infact it seems like nigeria is a big market for garbage lyrics.

It's also worthy of note that there are people in the US whose lyrics are inferior and even though they are big stars they haven't won any Grammy because of that an example is rick ross and no star in nigeria has a single song with lyrics that touches any of rick ross' song. This shows you how inferior our music has come to be.

They only way a nigerian would deserve a Grammy award is if they go back to the era of Fela, Osadebe and other legendary artists with reasonable song whose art form are almost completely dead in nigeria.
not just Music, Nigeria is a garbage country with everything in her being garbage too , we live daily on full scale mediocrity.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 05, 2018
phranklyn92:
By the way
Today is my birthday!!! Yay! Show me some love!
cheesy wink

Lol, coincidentally I was listening to the song when I came across your comment. Happy birthday man, my sister is your birthday mate. grin
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by Baroba(m): 1:16pm On May 05, 2018
The music quality been released by Nigerian artist is not worthy of a grammy., It's fake and unoriginal..Listen to authentic music from Senegambia, South Africa, Mali; then you will see why artist from those countries get genuine world wide coverage amongst musical experts world wide ( am not talking of youths in Africa and Jamaica)..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by mokset123: 1:21pm On May 05, 2018
Dare Art Alade's song you are not the girl I used to know
Or Asa's songs jailer and the likes are Grammy award winning songs sang by Nigerians.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by obonujoker(m): 1:21pm On May 05, 2018
kolawoleibukun:
I agree!
The only artist that can or should get a grammy in Nigeria is (Femi) The Kuti's. Fela should get one given to his family for his achievements. He is the Quincy Jones or Beethoven of Naija.

ALL THESE THEM WIZKID AND OTHERS ARE SMELLING WATERS. APART FROM THE KUTI, TUFACE WAS THE CLOSEST TO ANY GRAMMY BUT TRUTH BE TOLD EVEN TUFACE WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH. NA HYPE AND TITLE OF A STOLEN SONG CARRY AM REACH THAT LEVEL.
GIVE IT UP FOR THE KUTI ABEG. ORIGINAL NO DAY WASH. THESE GUYS ARE GENUISES. THEY PLAY DIFFERENT INSTRUMENTALS, ARRANGE THEIR MUSIC, WRITE THEIR OWN MATERIALS AND STILL GOT THE VOCALS TO DELIVER. ORIGINALITY IS A GIFT THAT CAN ALWAYS BE POLISHED.

WHEN YOU LISTEN TO PEOPLE LIKE ANGELIQUE KIDJO AND WATCH HER PERFORM, YOU GO UNDERSTAND. WE NO GET ARTIST.

THE REASON WHY PSQUARE DEM BLOW LIKE THIS THEM GET TALENT TO DANCE. AND THEIR PRODUCERS GET COMMERCIAL QUALITY.

I APPRECIATE ALL NIGERIAN ARTISTS OH, BUT I NO GO SUPPORT MEDIOCRITY BECAUSE THE NEXT GENERATION NO GO GET SENSE. WHAT FELA GAVE US, WIZKID IS STILL TAPPING FROM FELA. DAVIDO IS STILL TAPING. THEY CANNOT TAP FROM THEMSELVES BECAUSE NOTHING DAY THERE. YOU SEE?

GUYS ABEG MAKE UNA SUPPORT THE KUTIs. THEY ARE THE LAST OF THEIR KIND FOR 9JA OH.

You should have listened to Dagrin...
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by themonk(m): 1:22pm On May 05, 2018
ollah2:

You got somethings mixed up. Rick Ross not winning Grammy doesnt mean his lyrics aren't tight. Nas never won a Grammy but his lyrics are off the hook.
That's so true. But you know nas doesn't have as much commercial songs as other rappers with grammies. Nas is a very deep lyricist but his lack of commercial success has deterred him. Grammy is usually for songs with a blend of music and lyrics.

Also nas has been unfortunate with timing, his first album was supposed to win something but I think the grammys have not introduced the 'best rap album category' then.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by phranklyn92(m): 1:22pm On May 05, 2018
Northmall:

Lol, coincidentally I was listening to the song when I came across your comment. Happy birthday man, my sister is your birthday mate. grin
Wow!!! Am sure she's gorgeous! Thanks man
Re: Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 05, 2018
Nigerian journalists can never make heaven. What he said essentially was 'Nigerian artistes don't need to win Grammies'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive / What Are The Songs You Never Get Tired Of?? / Beyoncé 'The Lion King: The Gift' (Track List) Release Date July 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.