Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:52 PM

How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos (54232 Views)

Nigerian Man Asked To Leave UK After His Cheating Wife Files For Divorce / Husband Caught His Cheating Wife, Snapped And Framed The Picture / How I Caught My Cheating Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by seenga(m): 10:26am On May 06, 2018
Hi
Ganjafama:
I know this dude way back in Sapele. A very tall lanky dude. Worked with Seplat and attended St.Patrick's catholic church.
Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by seenga(m): 10:35am On May 06, 2018
He was a very lively man itell u boss, loves to joke a lot.
kelvin97:
So unfortunate he died like that may his soul rest in peace he was a very nice guy so lively.2 all those who dont belive that wen a woman cheat on his husband from urhobo or okpe that it can kill my dear u better believe it.it kills
Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by fellom(m): 11:52am On May 06, 2018
The tradition of the pass is still in the present! only the fools will ignore them.
Diamond23:
For those dat say there z nothing like tradition....R.I.P.

1 Like

Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by Diamond23(f): 11:58am On May 06, 2018
fellom:
The tradition of the pass is still in the present! only the fools will ignore them.
Exactly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by Ganjafama(m): 3:35pm On May 06, 2018
seenga:
Hi
Hello
Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by Malonie242(f): 4:35pm On May 06, 2018
kelvin97:
Oshomole daughter is the wife 2 the younger brother of the deceased
and how do you know this, are you related to them? Just asking o
Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by AreaFada2: 4:35pm On May 06, 2018
Katier00:
I don't believe that was what killed the man. With the high rate of infidelity in our society, 70% of our men for don die. Anyway Rip

My dear people choose to disbelieve what they have never witnessed. I used to be sceptical too. But in Edoid people (Benin, Esan, Urhobo, Isoko, Afemai, etc), it is very serious matter. Not every tribe or clan has it.

Then the immediate question people ask is : What of those husbands in Edo who even send their wives to Italy?

Now remember that traditional taboos come with conditions: The woman must be married TRADITIONALLY with bride price paid, grooms family present to accept the bride and the woman has all the taboos explained to her to which she concurs. Now a large number of those sending "wives" or allowing them go abroad did not even properly marry the wife. Getting together and having kids is not equal to marriage. The man would not even be considered an inlaw if the lady's parent dies. Unless they do traditional marriage before the funeral rites.

The other aspect is awareness of the hubby of the wife's infidelity. If unaware he might just escape it. If aware he must not eat her food, must not sleep with her and must not conceal the infidelity from his family. Going to secretly appease the ancestors is deadly. I wrote about this over a year ago on another thread. This happened to someone fairly close. The wife he left in 9ja was shamelessly sleeping around. Friends warned her but she said as a Christian tradition does not count to her. And she visits him abroad a couple of times a year. He comes home too regularly.

Somehow the hubby heard and returned to 9ja to find out. She admitted but they gathered very few family members to do the rituals. He returned abroad but she continued her rubbish. More secretly this time. The hubby came back to vist, ate her food, slept with her, etc.

This guy returned abroad and a few months later, he took ill. In a city with some of the best equipped hospitals in Europe, they found no cause. MRI, CT scan, blood tests, X-ray, all ogbonge tests, nothing. No stroke, no heart attack, no disease, nothing. He slipped into coma. Months passed. Family back home in 9ja were alerted to prepare for his demise. They said they could not keep him alive for too long.

Only the news of his imminent death jolted all the people who knew to start speaking up. It was a shock how many people knew. She was known to sleep with many business partners. All those randy rich men. You know when people have money, they get away with many things. She has money.

The family then summoned her after the rumours became to loud. Some members of their family now confessed that her hubby wanted to avoid embarrassment and they were induced with money to do the rituals of atonement secretly. You know corruption is everywhere including within families. A taboo in itself.

The full ritual atonement including public rebuke, symbolic cane strokes and many more were done. Her hubby recovered like magic. Just like European doctors had no idea why he was ill, they had no idea how he recovered.

Another aspect is if the hubby has turned his back on tradition, or his father already did, has no idea where his village is, doesn't touch base, does not attend extended family funeral, his wife is not known to his family, then the tradition might turn its back too. For all intents and purposes, he's unknown to his clan. Such a taboo might not apply.

Please do not marry an Edoid person that has tradition if you do not want to adhere to such strict fidelity rule.

I know several other cases. Lots of men just die without anyone ever knowing the wife's infidelity caused it. Especially those couples who suddenly say they are now Christians and begin doing anyhow. Without first freeing themselves from the tradition they followed for first 20 or 30 years of marriage.

Note that polygamy is allowed in the tradition if the man wishes, but not polyandry.

3 Likes

Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by Ejay11: 5:59pm On May 06, 2018
This story makes no sense. How did he does? How did the woman kill him or cause his death? Did she use juju or did she poison him? I wish I didn't read this thread... Kaka

1 Like

Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 06, 2018
slawomir:
I doubt this tradition thing before
not until it happened to one of my uncle then i was shocked
when his wife started cheating and sleeping around my uncle fell ill almost about to die until my family found out and the woman was chased then to my greatest surprise my uncle health improved. my uncle is doing fine and healthy now but no wife

o boy na there i fear our tradition(bini)

but i still dey reason say the tradition mumu sha o
why he nor kill the woman

It is not a tradition thing Sir. You underestimate the negative health effects associated with having a cheating partner
Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 06, 2018
AreaFada2:

My dear people choose to disbelieve what they have never witnessed. I used to be sceptical too. But in Edoid people (Benin, Esan, Urhobo, Isoko, Afemai, etc), it is very serious matter. Not every tribe or clan has it.

Then the immediate question people ask is : What of those husbands in Edo who even send their wives to Italy?

Now remember that traditional taboos come with conditions: The woman must be married TRADITIONALLY with bride price paid, grooms family present to accept the bride and the woman has all the taboos explained to her to which she concurs. Now a large number of those sending "wives" or allowing them go abroad did not even properly marry the wife. Getting together and having kids is not equal to marriage. The man would not even be considered an inlaw if the lady's parent dies. Unless they do traditional marriage before the funeral rites.

The other aspect is awareness of the hubby of the wife's infidelity. If unaware he might just escape it. If aware he must not eat her food, must not sleep with her and must not conceal the infidelity from his family. Going to secretly appease the ancestors is deadly. I wrote about this over a year ago on another thread. This happened to someone fairly close. The wife he left in 9ja was shamelessly sleeping around. Friends warned her but she said as a Christian tradition does not count to her. And she visits him abroad a couple of times a year. He comes home too regularly.

Somehow the hubby heard and returned to 9ja to find out. She admitted but they gathered very few family members to do the rituals. He returned abroad but she continued her rubbish. More secretly this time. The hubby came back to vist, ate her food, slept with her, etc.

This guy returned abroad and a few months later, he took ill. In a city with some of the best equipped hospitals in Europe, they found no cause. MRI, CT scan, blood tests, X-ray, all ogbonge tests, nothing. No stroke, no heart attack, no disease, nothing. He slipped into coma. Months passed. Family back home in 9ja were alerted to prepare for his demise. They said they could not keep him alive for too long.

Only the news of his imminent death jolted all the people who knew to start speaking up. It was a shock how many people knew. She was known to sleep with many business partners. All those randy rich men. You know when people have money, they get away with many things. She has money.

The family then summoned her after the rumours became to loud. Some members of their family now confessed that her hubby wanted to avoid embarrassment and they were induced with money to do the rituals of atonement secretly. You know corruption is everywhere including within families. A taboo in itself.

The full ritual atonement including public rebuke, symbolic cane strokes and many more were done. Her hubby recovered like magic. Just like European doctors had no idea why he was ill, they had no idea how he recovered.

Another aspect is if the hubby has turned his back on tradition, or his father already did, has no idea where his village is, doesn't touch base, does not attend extended family funeral, his wife is not known to his family, then the tradition might turn its back too. For all intents and purposes, he's unknown to his clan. Such a taboo might not apply.

Please do not marry an Edoid person that has tradition if you do not want to adhere to such strict fidelity rule.

I know several other cases. Lots of men just die without anyone ever knowing the wife's infidelity caused it. Especially those couples who suddenly say they are now Christians and begin doing anyhow. Without first freeing themselves from the tradition they followed for first 20 or 30 years of marriage.

Note that polygamy is allowed in the tradition if the man wishes, but not polyandry.

@bolded

Does it mean it is better to not let the husband/wife know if the partner is cheating? From what you wrote here it is the awareness that will kill.

Is the tradition not also saying "Go ahead and cheat but don't let your partner know unless he/she will die?"
Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by AreaFada2: 7:56pm On May 06, 2018
greyham:

@bolded

Does it mean it is better to not let the husband/wife know if the partner is cheating? From what you wrote here it is the awareness that will kill.

Is the tradition not also saying "Go ahead and cheat but don't let your partner know unless he/she will die?"

It is not so clear-cut. I listed a number of things of which if all or most coincide, the likelihood of harm is more. Reason why the man's knowledge is critical is that it makes him complicit in it. Thereby encouraging the tradition (that he should ensure is upheld) to be blatantly rubbished. But either way if she cheats continuously, whether the man knows or not, harm will ultimately come.

As a kid going to the village during holidays from school, I witnessed the masquerade deity pointing out people who committed abomination secretly. Both men and women. A cheating woman is told through an elderly woman. Not to embarrass her /family her publicly. Then asked to go do the needed rituals in her hubby's family. When she denies that she did not commit any abomination, then it becomes like challenging the deity. Some stubborn women have sworn the deity instead of admitting it in the past. Such women usually admit that the deity was right at the point of death. Too late. This is the scenario where the woman may suffer harm. A cheating woman can also suffer harm during childbirth. In the past some women lost already born kids via cheating.

Remember too that there are people with metaphysical powers in the traditional society. This does not necessarily equate to witchcraft. Just like diviners & clairvoyants, they can see beyond what you and me can see. They are another part of the mystical/ancestral powers equation.

In the past when all deities in a village were worshiped in festivals yearly, every three years, every 7 years or so, those powers were re-enforced each time. Even the songs and dances were steeped in ancient mystic. Most people would not even understand the meaning of the archaic language of the songs. They are in fact a mystical tongue laced with potent incantations.

I have spent around 70% of my life living outside 9ja. I only began researching this phenomenon on returning visit 9ja. I noticed how these things are dying out and began to ask questions.

2 Likes

Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 06, 2018
AreaFada2:

Illiterate!
Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by AreaFada2: 8:43pm On May 06, 2018
Reasonabledoubt:

Illiterate!
grin grin

Really? Tell me your qualifications & let's compare. Or your experience of Western world, knowledge of Christian theology & anything about education and modernity.
Including the international ranking of the university or universities you graduated from.

Anyway I do not expect someone from a failed education system to be broad-minded.

I challenge you. If you are better in any of them I bet £500 or $750. Put your money where your mouth is.

Let us choose one of the mods as umpire.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by ArinzeRaph: 9:31pm On May 06, 2018
Katier00:
I don't believe that was what killed the man. With the high rate of infidelity in our society, 70% of our men for don die. Anyway Rip
you never jam tradition wey serious. If you're married to a man from enugu-ezike in nsukka, Enugu state and you try that shit na you the woman wey go kolo for real.

1 Like

Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by Gerrard59(m): 10:07pm On May 06, 2018
AreaFada2:

shocked shocked shocked

So juju works?
Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by Gerrard59(m): 10:12pm On May 06, 2018
san316:
The worst misfortune is to marry the wrong man/woman.

But come oo, does it mean the deliverance didn't work?(what does that say about the man's religion)

How come the African gods had upper hand over the oyibo man's god?

Just wondering ooo

But could not stop the oyibo from colonising Africa?

shocked shocked

@Areafada2

2 Likes

Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 06, 2018
AreaFada2:
grin grin

Really? Tell me you qualifications & let's compare. Or your experience of Western world, knowledge of Christian theology & anything about education and modernity.
Including the international ranking of the university or universities you graduated from.

Anyway I do not expect someone from a failed education system to be broad-minded.

I challenge you. If you are better in any of them I bet £500 or $750. Put you money where your mouth is.

Let us choose one of the mods as umpire.

Despite the epistle you just typed, you’re still an illiterate. Proud example of the Nigerian problem.

You should be ashamed of yourself for the thesis you wrote on how cheating wives are causing their husbands death.

The money spent on your education was wasted. Smh for you.

1 Like

Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by MMotimo: 2:49am On May 07, 2018
This is a thoroughly hilarious thread grin grin grin

I am not looking for a fight o, just saying I am yet to hear about someone on admission in an Oyinbo hospital and there is zero-diagnosis. Before the coma, there would have been a diagnosis of something, he must have been in a specific medical state before slipping into a coma. If the hospital was Naija, I could understand.

As for the topic, I'd say it's a really, really, spectacularly tall tale. How very convenient that these "traditions" do not punish men, only women.

Katier00:
we need to wake up and see that all these things are man made laws, you think it is working because fear. The mind is the most powerful tool in the world. Out of fear that belief will start working against you. What happen to the cheating husband? Nothing because we believe it is the mans' world and they are untouchable

This says it all!

1 Like

Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by Nobody: 3:49am On May 07, 2018
AreaFada2:

It is not so clear-cut. I listed a number of things of which if all or most coincide, the likelihood of harm is more. Reason why the man's knowledge is critical is that it makes him complicit in it. Thereby encouraging the tradition (that he should ensure is upheld) to be blatantly rubbished. But either way if she cheats continuously, whether the man knows or not, harm will ultimately come.

As a kid going to the village during holidays from school, I witnessed the masquerade deity pointing out people who committed abomination secretly. Both men and women. A cheating woman is told through an elderly woman. Not to embarrass/her family her publicly. Then asked to go do the needed rituals in her hubby's family. When she denies that she did not do any abomination, then it becomes like challenging the deity. Some stubborn women have sworn the deity instead of admitting it in the past. Such women usually admit that the deity was right at the point of death. Too late. This is the scenario where the woman may suffer harm. A cheating woman can also suffer harm during childbirth. In the past some women lost already born kids via cheating.

Remember too that there are people with metaphysical powers in the traditional society. This does not necessarily equate to witchcraft. Just like diviners & clairvoyants, they can see beyond what you and me can see. They are another part of the mystical/ancestral powers equation.

In the past when all deities in a village were worshiped in festivals yearly, every three years, every 7 years or so, those powers were re-enforced each time. Even the songs and dances were steeped in ancient mystic. Most people would not even understand the meaning of the archaic language of the songs. They are in fact a mystical tongue laced with potent incantations.

I have spent around 70% of my life living outside 9ja. I only began researching this phenomenon on returning visit 9ja. I noticed how these things are dying out and began to ask questions.

It's all hogwash that's why its dying out. The emotional discomfort caused by a cheating partner is not healthy at all. There is no metaphysical or traditional hocus-pocus to it.
Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by AreaFada2: 3:59am On May 07, 2018
Reasonabledoubt:

Despite the epistle you just typed, you’re still an illiterate. Proud example of the Nigerian problem.

You should be ashamed of yourself for the thesis you wrote on how cheating wives are causing their husbands death.

The money spent on your education was wasted. Smh for you.

All I see is one brainwashed by mock-Western education.

A 15 years old girl in Palistine gets pregnant without sex. Births a son of God. All that is fine so long it did not happen in Africa.

An illiterate man suddenly writes a religious book in Arabia creating a new religion.

These unscientific things are correct because the stories did not originate in Africa.

A holy man uses a couple of bread and fish to feed thousands. And it all sound perfectly alright to you that consider yourself to be educated. But such miracles cannot originate in Africa. Because Africans have no souls and are just basically animals as your lovely European church declared to approve transatlantic slave trade.

Even though Westerners now even believe mankind originated in Africa.
Once you have purged yourself of inferiority, brainwash and mental slavery, you might see beyond your nose some day.

3 Likes

Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by AreaFada2: 7:08am On May 07, 2018
Gerrard59:

But could not stop the oyibo from colonising Africa?

shocked shocked

@Areafada2

Mr Gérard oyinbo Christian belief didn't stop Ottoman Turkish Muslims takings swathes of Christian Europe and controlling it for about 5 centuries. Even longer than colonialism. Or the Moors taking Iberian Peninsula and up to half of France. Pagan Romans took Judea. The home of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Solomon and Jesus. That has nothing to do with it.
Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by Katier00(f): 9:57am On May 07, 2018
ArinzeRaph:
you never jam tradition wey serious. If you're married to a man from enugu-ezike in nsukka, Enugu state and you try that shit na you the woman wey go kolo for real.
so all the women there are 100% faithful to their husbands
Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by Jaytecq(m): 3:03pm On May 07, 2018
Kingzy4pep:
Seems women cheat more in marriage lately. I've seen about 3/4 threads about cheating wife and fiance just this week.
trend... #payback
Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by tiredoflife(m): 10:38am On Aug 20, 2018
Katier00:

Does it matter what u believe
In our place in Niger delta
Urohobo na die u wan die if u try am
So not believing in the power of gravity doesn't mean u won't die of u jump off a cliff
Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 21, 2018
Angelanest:
A popular man identified as Owumi Philip Otite was laid to rest amid tears in Sapele area of Delta state after his unfortunate death. It was gathered that the deceased married his wife out of 'sympathy' even after she was rejected by his mother for having a baby out of wedlock.

According to reports, the man found out that his wife was sleeping around with a young man even after she had given birth to three boys and one girl for him.

The man decided to forgive her after the infidelity without doing the proper traditional rites to cleanse his wife before he began enjoying her and eaten her food. This was said to have led to his shocking death, according to a report by Sapele Oghenek...

The woman claimed she left the marriage after the infidelity issue but it was the husband who begged her to come back before he took her to church for deliverance.

The former Governor of Edo State, Adams Oshiomole joined a host of others to attend the burial yesterday.

According to reports, the man's family has exiled the cheating wife and has cut ties with her for the main time as she couldn't attend her late husband's burial...

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/05/cheating-wife-reportedly-leads-husband-to-his-death-in-delta-state-photos.html

*check bolded*

People should please make up their minds. Are they serving God or are they serving ancestors?
Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 19, 2018
Donald95:
What our parents saw sitting down can never be seen by children standing up.

This young man would have been alive if his love wasn't blind.

RIP

7 Shares

Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by faith2ogesco(m): 11:49am On Jul 30, 2019
So what happens if the man is not from any of these places but the wife is?
Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by enm(m): 2:40am On Aug 03, 2019

*check bolded*

People should please make up their minds. Are they serving God or are they serving ancestors?

If you are serving God you won't indulge in it, so as christian let try to be true to our calling instead of one leg in one leg out. Don't expect not to get burnt after dipping your hands in fire.
Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by enm(m): 2:40am On Aug 03, 2019
faith2ogesco:
So what happens if the man is not from any of these places but the wife is?

Nothing
Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by mysticwarrior(m): 5:31am On Aug 03, 2019
SirBunky85:
In my village,if a married woman misbehaves or another man sees her unclothedness weda intentionally or not,d woman must tell d husbnd but,if she decides to hide it frm d husbnd,d man must be told in his dreams.thereafter,he will ask d wife if she has misbehaved and if she lies,d man fit travel just to avoid having any contact with her else,he dies but,if he avoids any contact with d wife,na she go die.even after her death,if her maternal family fails to own up and go sacrifice goat,dey(maternal family)go dey die one after the other until dey do the needful
that una own strong o, name which side be that?
Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by Vintage9999: 9:15am On May 31, 2023
curtisaxel10
Re: How Cheating Wife ''Led Husband To His Death In Delta State''. Photos by Curtisaxel10: 9:17am On May 31, 2023
Vintage9999:
curtisaxel10

Which city?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2 Pairs Of Identical Twins In Anambra Turn Heads (Photos) / Woman Who Slept With Male Best Friend Following Quarrel With Husband, Seeks Help / Man Builds House In Calabar For His Poor Neighbours, Childless For 30 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.